AEDOLIS > The Rest of Aedolis

Session 9 [Goblin!]

(1/8) > >>

nephero:
Tucked in a corner, atop polished stone, three sticks of incense burned. The smoke coiled, slow and steady, buffeted only slightly by the continuous flow of cold air from the air conditioning vent set against the ceiling. The living room of the hotel suite was perfumed with the musky odor, as bits of ash fell from the burning sticks to land on the pristine white ash of the sand below. An added measure against any potential fires in case the occupants of the penthouse were otherwise distracted.

Outside, through the balcony window, the sun was just barely beginning to set. Through the dome glass, it seemed almost beautiful, tinged with the reds and pinks of the old world, a stark contrast against the storm colored waters and deep black sands of the in-dome beach. Ren had purposely requested a balcony with a view, and given his rank and his bank account, a view he had received.

As he poured two glasses of wine, he hoped that Pumpernickel wasn't too lonely without him. He rarely left his home these days for very long, ever since his reinstatement. Even the warmth of Ryun's tropical sun couldn't always reach the cold in his fingers and toes, and he felt uncontrollably tired on those days.

It had gotten better with time, of course, more than he'd expected, but still. Some days were easier than others. Ren lifted the pitch black stemless glass to his lips and drank - the wine was just like he liked it, deep red and rich. It was soothing, in its own way. A bit of comfort to start the weekend off right.

Ren glanced to the wall clock, a plain black circle with stark white markings - every bit as monochromatic as the rest of the penthouse - and wondered if it was out of nerves. It wasn't as if this was the first time, or even the second, or even the third. Still, his skin felt like there were ants underneath it, and so he took another swallow of wine.

Session 9, in T-minus five minutes.

GoblinFae:
Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

Stiletto-heeled boots tapped rhythmically across the cold stone floors as the tall, formidable figure of The Queen strut sedately across the lobby and into the lift. She swiped her wrist over the sensor to unlock access to the penthouse floor before taking the time in the ride up to examine her reflection in the elevator mirror.

Kielen smoothed a hand over her left-side ribs, flinching only slightly at the memory of pain. Her wounds were healed and yet she still didn't feel comfortable enough yet to wear anything that showcased her toned and now scarred midriff. A shame really; she always did love showing off her hard-earned body. She gave her hair a final fluff as the bell dinged and the doors opened.

All her personal concerns melted away as she squared her shoulders and lifted her chin with a pleased smirk. A flick of her wrist and she was in, right on time to boot. Musk and smoke greeted her which she breathed in deeply.

"Hello my knave," she greeted affectionately. "Did I keep you waiting long?"

nephero:
Ren was right there in the foyer to greet her, both glasses in hand. He gave her a smile and held out the one he hadn't been sipping at.

"Good evening, my Queen. I've just finished getting everything ready."

It wasn't quite a lie. He had spent the past five minutes double checking that everything was in place, and then triple checking to boot. He hadn't even been on anything this evening, which might've accounted for the ants under his skin, but the slight mania had been helpful in remembering every last detail.

"I've ordered dinner to be brought up - steak in garlic compound butter and seasonal vegetables, with a double chocolate cake for dessert, of course."

GoblinFae:
She accepted the glass gratefully but leaned up to kiss his cheeks before taking indulging in the wine. "You take very good care of your Queen. I'm pleased, that all sounds sinfully delicious." Kielen giggled, her emerald eyes dancing with mischief. "Come keep me company? That view behind you begs to be honored don't you think?"

Her words were not a question but a command as she brushed past him, taking one of his hands in hers as she pulled him to follow her out to the railing. Heat and sea air assaulted her senses. "They keep you busy at work this week or did you get some time for rest and reflection?"

nephero:
Ren followed her out onto the balcony, taking a long, deep breath and letting the last of the day's heat sink into his skin. He sipped at his wine, but didn't release Kielen's hand as they stood at the railing.

"I've been busy… most days." He dipped his head, unable to keep the truth to himself. "I had a bad day on Thursday. Nothing too much to handle, I promise."

He looked at her, eye on hers as if to implore she believe him.

"Just tired. So when I wasn't working, I was just kind of… sleeping." He eyed her some more. "How're you feeling? Any better?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version