SPACE STATIONS > The Libra

Did You Know Catnip Helps With Pest Control? [Paladienne]

<< < (2/2)

Paladienne:
Sey raised a brow when the girl asked for water, but he didn’t argue. There really wasn’t any point in arguing with a crying girl, because she wouldn’t take it in the way it was meant, and she’d only end up crying harder, which would draw more attention to her. And it would probably make Sey look like a jerk. Of course, there were subtler ways of getting someone to do what he wanted them to do, so he only nodded. “I’ll be right back.”

Leaving her with the cat and its luminous eyes regarding her through the glass, Sey returned to the bar and began to fix the girl her glass of water and a snack besides. There was always food that he was going to take home with him later for the tenants once his cafe closed for the evening, and he figured he might as well share some of that bounty with someone who seemed like she truly needed it. He greeted a few customers that walked into the cafe and accepted their payment, then unlocked the door between the cafe area and the play area so they could go play with the cats. He filled a few more orders as well, getting a few customers who were sitting at the bar their drinks and something to eat, and then he picked up the glass of water and the small plate containing a piece of chocolate cheesecake and returned to the girl.

He set the water in front of her with a straw, then set the plate and its accompanying fork down on the table. “You don’t have to eat it,” Sey said with a soft smile, “but it’s there if you want it. If you need anything, just wave me over, okay?”

He thought about patting her on the head, but he didn’t think she’d appreciate the brotherly contact. So he just left her, winking at the cat that was still sitting behind the glass, its tail twitching as if it was annoyed that the girl had gotten the goodie rather than it. It gave a plaintive meow, muted but a meow nonetheless, then proceeded to groom itself. Sey returned to the bar to help another newly-arrived customer, nodding in time to the person’s order.

DragonSong:
Addie managed a small smile and nod when he moved away to attend to the cafe at large--oh gods but she hoped the other patrons hadn't noticed her little breakdown--and she managed to take in a few calming breaths as she remained tucked into her little corner seat.

Her eyes flickered over to the cat behind the glass several times, the fuzzy animal drawing a half smile to her face almost despite herself. She reached out to drag one fingertip back and forth across the glass, giggling softly when the cat batted lazily at the moving target with one paw.

When the proprietor returned baring a plate in addition to the glass of water, her eyes widened fractionally and she glanced back and forth from him to the food--gods it looked good, she couldn't remember the last time she'd been allowed to treat herself with something so frivolous.

"Oh, I, uh-umm..." Before she could stammer out a full protest, or even a thank-you, he'd moved back to the bar. Addie quickly sucked down the water, gave the cat another small smile, then swiped at her eyes again and got to her feet.

Hoping she looked a little more put-together than she felt, she cautiously made her way up to the bar with the plate of cheesecake clutched tight in her hands. "Ex-excuse me?" She winced at the stammer, then forged ahead, "I, ah... Thank you, really. This looks--it looks really good, but I, um, I'm not sure--I don't think I can pay for this? I'm sorry..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version