SPACE STATIONS > The Libra

That old familiar feeling [DragonSong]

<< < (2/9) > >>

DragonSong:
Raven had to resist the urge to scoff. She had a feeling that wouldn't end well for it.

And it wasn't at him, but rather the notion of contracts that he described. "Believe me," she muttered dryly, "I am well aware of the power of an oath."

A soft clucking came from behind the curtain and she spared half a second to glare over hr shoulder before returning her attention to the faerie lord--gods, what a day! And it wasn't even noon yet.

"Has your curiosity been sated then, Master Neese?" she asked with a slight tilt of her head, using an old form of address, nearly a relic in her world, because she had a feeling he might appreciate it.

Marjorie:
Well put. Neese shook his head in the negative. "Hardly," he said.

"I have seen you know, at least in part, the old power of names," he said. "You probably don't recall the old names of Fae which you are bound to by blood... but I have many. For Fae, much more than mortals, names are prophetic, they describe key elements of their power. I have many names... Arlan, the Oak Keeper... but also Neese. Do you know what Neese means, it is my dearest name to me." He paused, and then continued on after a very brief moment. "Neese means choice - to have choices, and to have the freedom to make them." He let the implications of that sink in for a while. There was a bit of mystery, chance, ad lack of clarity with all things Fae, generally speaking, so here too, that would be the case... but he could offer her choices.

DragonSong:
Her head tilted slightly to the side, oddly reminiscent of the bird she was named for. "Choice," she repeated slowly, as though the word was given to her in a foreign tongue.

"...And what choice to you claim to offer me, Arlan?" That name she knew at least, or thought she did. A promise. An oath.

From the back room the clucking sound of the massive black bird came again, though he did not move to reenter the shop.

Marjorie:
"I cannot break a contract such as the one you are bound to," Neese said, "The old magics that created it are much too strong... not unlike my own contracts, and Wǣrloga [Oath Breaker] is not among my names, but I can offer you choices: to alter or trade the terms of your contract. For nothing is fixed and forever, and choices present at every turn."

Oh, and the bird was angry. Not just a bird either, he knew. He could see threw that disguise.

"You're contact is bound threw the women in your line, correct?" he continued, "An eighteenth birthday marks the passing of the previous and the binding of the next? Tell me more about this contract... the more I know the better choices I may present you."

DragonSong:
Raven drew in a sharp, hissing breath, turning his words over in her mind. Shade was cawing almost frantically from the back room now, but still he refused to enter the shop. She wasn't quite sure why--it wasn't as though the demon was barred by magic or anything. She didn't think she could have managed that if she tried.

"How exactly do you know all that?" Raven asked cautiously instead of giving him an answer. She had to tread carefully; one wrong move and she may somehow end up in a worse Contract than the one that already bound her soul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version