Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: String Cheese is the Bee's Knees [Lion] [M]  (Read 507 times)

Offline GoblinFae

String Cheese is the Bee's Knees [Lion] [M]
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:22:47 am »
It had been the right thing to do, inviting Quillian to stay with her on his visit to Adstreia. Kielen had had no ulterior motives than helping out a friend, a concept she was still trying to wrap her pretty little head around. Things had been rather off and different since before Yule thanks to this group of Pilots she was beginning to call friends. Was that even what they were? She couldn't really say. It was not as if she had ever really had any of those growing up. She had been too busy being the perfect child, then afterwards an acceptable Candidate. Friends had not been high on her list. By the time she had graduated into Pilothood, Kielen was too busy looking for the next feel-good fun-time to pay attention to the intimacy of friendship she was missing out on.

But, then she met the four boys over breakfast burritos and suddenly her life was facing a series of ups and downs that it never had before. A one-night stand was easy and had no strings attached. You never had to see the person again. Friends though...those came with pesky attachments and meetings you actually planned for, and some you didn't like Seth coming for New Years or Quillian spending the night after Iri's accident.

So here she was, arm wrapped about Quillian's middle and her head resting lightly on his shoulder as they made their way through the local market. The heat he radiated was more than enough to help keep away the bitter chill that an Adstreian winter liked to brew and she was not about to let go of him just because they were now inside. Quillian had insisted they get food for him to make dinner as repayment for her generosity and kindness. Kielen of course thought it was completely unnecessary, but who was she to complain when a man was proposing a cooked meal that wasn't frozen dinners.

"So Sweet Thang, did you have anything in particular in mind for supper or is that a trade secret?" she crooned, smiling softly at him as she did. Her earlier nap with Iri had helped with the exhaustion she had been feeling lately but there was still a subdued softness about her. Work had been particularly trying, leaving her feeling more on edge that normal as she tried to fit back into her own skin again. That paired with her seasonal blues and the New Years incident, was enough to just drain the high right out of her. She was grateful though to have Quillian with her. It at least meant she wouldn't have to go home to an empty apartment again and recall how utterly alone she was in life.

Offline Lion

Re: String Cheese is the Bee's Knees [Lion] [M]
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:27:21 pm »
He'd heard about what happened on New Year's eve it'd taken more than a days to get things calmed down enough to actually allow him some free time. A performance in Haviah had kept him long enough, and when he'd heard about Iri and the others of all the people that could have gotten hurt. Poor Iri, his heart went out to him.

Quillian had been lucky, not having lost any limbs due to unfortunate accidents, and had been away when the whole thing happened. But what didn't kill you made you stronger right? That tended to be how the saying went. Even to see a friend in a hospital, it was nice to get out. Nice to do something different.

And if he could pay back a bit of kindness with someone of his own, then it'd be worth it all in the end. Kielen had been kind enough to extend her hospitality to him. That was a nice touch, save him the trouble of getting a hotel. In return he offered to make her dinner. Nothing exceptionally complicated but a little something warm and hearty to show his appreciation.

"How about a nice lasagna," he suggested and shifted them around the store they were browsing through to better peruse the items therein. "Probably one of the most satisfying foods ever made. And if I do say so myself, I'm a pretty damn good cook. If you don't mind the occasional crisped edge."  He sighed a little and tucked her in closer against him. She was remarkably tall for a woman, and even one that insisted on wearing stiletto heels that nearly dwarfed him. The antlers didn't count, sometimes you had to learn that the hard way.

Going into a new year, he was hard-pressed to remove the little ornaments he'd gotten used to dangling from them, and had shaved them down before his new year's eve bash. Within a few months they would grow again, and needed to be taken down. Maintenance of the most annoying degree, but a small price to pay in comparison to others. He still had functioning legs.

The shopping was quiet, almost domestic and by the time they checked out and were walking back to her place, Quillian found himself humming lightly and the steam billowing out from either of his nostrils became even more apparent outside in the Adtreian cold. "Goddamn," he hissed and felt his hairs standing on end at the back of his neck, orange eyes blinked and narrowed at a small gust of air that whipped his wavy hair backwards.

"Not too chilly for you I hope. Here," he shifted her hold on his arm so that he could wrap it around her shoulders and hold her in close, and encouraged her to lean in to her heart's content. "I'm always with warm. Do you mind sharing it? You've got gooseflesh all over."  And he winked at her.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:55:47 pm »
She hummed appreciatively at his choice of dinner. "That sounds lovely, Sweet Thang," she hummed. "Few things sexier than a man who knows his way around the kitchen. I'm feeling like I'm about to be a very spoiled Ladybear tonight." Kielen chuckled softly, giving Quillian a warm squeeze as she rubbed her cheek against his shoulder, breathing him in. He smelled good, like smoke and fire mostly likely from the shows he was always doing.

Her arm had moved to link with his when they exited but that bitter chill soon had her curling in on herself to preserve as much of her limited body heat as she could. Kielen was grateful to him that he was willing to share with her and instantly brightened as he adjusted his hold on her.

"Such a gentleman, look at you. Why you'll make me blush at this rate. But, mm you are warm, aren't you. I wouldn't mind snuggling up to you all winter long until spring finally thawed out," she teased with a wink of her own. She giggled at the image allowing her head to shake from side to side a bit and her raven waves to bounce along her shoulders. "My place isn't far from here so I promise not to steal all your heat before we get there," she added cheerily.

It was with great relief that she scanned them into her small loft and made to take the bags of groceries from him. "It's not much but it's home," Kielen commented almost humbly. In truth, the woman loved her modest abode with its modern, monochrome style and its few abstract accents that made you look twice to realize what you were actually seeing.

"My kitchen is rather small. I hope that won't be a problem for you. I don't do much cooking so it never really bothered me." Kielen grinned sheepishly as she shed her coat and draped it over the back of a chair. A glance at her counter where she had stood not too long ago trying to make chocolates for Seth, made her flush slightly with a small smile as she recalled just what sort of antics the pair had gotten up to there. "Can I get you something to drink?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 05:51:11 pm »
Cooking and sharing dinner with a gorgeous woman. Few things made life worth living in Quillian's humble opinion. His own apartment still had dust collecting on things, small circles when he finally did come home where it had settled, and thus removed from it's place. Quillian was a clean fellow, but never being home made it difficult to have companionship that didn't revolve around machines doing most of the care for the critters he'd always wanted to keep.

Sometimes it was just better to be alone. Or so it was just easier to reason that way. Even if it wasn't really true. Ignoring it meant he didn't have to worry about it.

Ignoring it meant it didn't exist, right? Right.

Quillian set the groceries down and started to unpack them, placing them on the counter neatly as his eyes flicked to other parts of the apartment, taking in the scare decorations but he could say that it was definitely comfy. It was a woman's place. Distinctly Kielen and he smiled just slightly - mostly to himself - that he had been invited into the private space of such a lovely creature.

Maybe it wasn't much to her, but the gesture was no less appreciated all the same.

"Yeah, some wine would be nice," he said, his ears literally perking up at the offer a drink. He wasn't nervous, not by a longshot, but he definitely was curious, wary a bit, and observing Kielen when he got the chance, opening up the box of pasta delicately, eyes flicking to her whole body, drinking her in, and feeling his ears heat up.

He sniffed. Smoke couldn't have been coming out of them could they? No of course not, that was ridiculous. "I'll uhh get the oven preheated."  He winked in her direction and went about doing just that, only then just remembering his jacket and shrugging out of it.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 01:13:03 pm »
"Mm I think I still have some red in the fridge," Kielen commented easily enough as her stiletto heels clicked across the kitchen floor. The fridge door opened with a slight rattle of glass objects moments before she dragged out a mostly full bottle. It was a good but cheap vintage. Something sweet and fruity and everything that the Derriere household never would have served. For that alone, Kielen loved it. Anything that was a giant middle finger to the uppity richy-riches of the world was enough reason for her to enjoy it.

Two glasses were generously poured while he went about unpacking and settling things. Kielen placed a hand on the back of his shoulder as she reached around him to place his wine on the counter in front of him. "There you go, Sweet Thang," she offered quietly as she brushed against him.

"I'll set the table. Let me know if you can't find anything or would like some help. Making dinner is still mighty sweet of you. Can't thank you enough for that," she told him with a soft smile as plates were pulled down from a high shelf and set out just so. They weren't flowery designed dishes like in her mother's home but they were clean and suited her style just fine. The food should do the talking anyway. Fancy dishware just distracted from it in her opinion.

The motion of Quillian removing his, captured her attention though as emerald eyes drank in the play of muscles beneath his shirt. Kielen blinked slowly and smiled to herself. Quillian was certainly an exquisite specimen of the male sex. She felt no shame in looking. Nothing bad ever came from looking after all.

"Is it too hot in here for you? I can turn down the heat, Sweet Thang. I know you said you're always warm. I keep my house on the extra warm side on account of always being cold. Has its advantages though." Kielen winked playfully as she took a sip of her wine and leaned back against her black-lacquered dining table.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal