Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Mistake After Mistake [Mara!]  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Blink

Mistake After Mistake [Mara!]
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:07:05 pm »
It was a long rail ride back to Adstreia. However, well worth it the moment it passed into the dome. Immediately a sense of ease overcame Sparrow as the familiar sights played outside the windows. It was no secret she wasn't a fan of leaving Adstreia unless she had to and these past few weeks these very streets were one of many things that filled her dreams each time her lids closed.

Immediately she felt a tension release as if the very sight of home was enough to make all the pent-up feelings she had been harboring disappear. She could hardly wait for the rail to come to a stop and for the doors to open to freedom and the moment they did she was practically sprinting to get off of it.

It was still late, or maybe super early to some when Sparrow finally made it to pilot housing, It was still dark out, maybe 0300ish. Despite that, she didn't feel tired in the slightest. The last week she felt like all she did was sleep, or sit in that damn chair. All of it gave her too much time to think of the mistakes she had made.

It was her fault Grisham had to get new lungs. Her fault he pushed himself the way he did all because she couldn't maneuver a jet past some damn birds. Her fault that he almost died.. all because she was fucking stupid, again. Some nights at DoSaM she wondered if sending out her mayday was a mistake. If she had just disappeared then maybe they all would have thought she was dead, then no one would have injured themselves looking for her.

Adjusting the strap on her shoulder Sparrow stood in the elevator, watching as the lights illuminated at each floor. Her wounds had almost completely healed, only yellow colored bruising on her side now. None of that important compared to Grisham's own wounds. She still wasn't sure if leaving him alone at DoSaM was the best decision, but she knew at some point she had to go home. And so here she was, stepping out at the 'ding' insinuating she was on the selected floor.

Footsteps padded against the floor as she walked down the hall, apartment numbers passing by as she strolled towards her own. Except Sparrow kept walking, well past her own and to one not that much farther away. She didn't knock at first but instead took a moment to gather herself. What happened didn't matter anymore. What's done was done and even she knew there was nothing she could do about it.

Rolling her shoulders Sparrow knocked, sending out a message along with it.

"Guess who's home, fucker."

Marakai2.0

Re: Mistake After Mistake [Mara!]
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:40:22 pm »
At 0300, the owner of said apartment was, naturally, asleep, as most people who'd not been stuck in a hospital for days at a time would be.

Vaas hadn't been sleeping much, but that was fine - riding the rail to Havina every day was a small price to pay to be with a certain Pilot he knew and loved, even if they could only be together in their thoughts. Publicly, no more than friends talking shit to each other.

In private, well....

In any case, Vaas was passed out, sprawled all over his king-sized bed, trying to catch up a few hours of missing sleep when a certain voice echoed loudly within his dream.

"Now...tha' ain' right....grills don' talk...shuddap, you, an' lemme......"

The knocking on the door, though, got him up in a hurry. He opened his bleary eyes, eyes which somehow still carried a glare whilst half asleep. He found himself staring up at a pitch black ceiling, sure he was hearing things.

Until he heard the knock again, and threw his legs over the side.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm comin'...goddamn early as fuck inna mornin'...." He slid a pair of shorts on to cover his nudity before he stumbled toward the door.

As he got closer to the door, though, his mood began to cool as he sensed a familiar and very welcome presence on the other side. But, surely it couldn't be...

The door slid open once his chip was detected, and lo and behold, it was. Vaas brought a fist to his eye, rubbing it, sure he was seeing things. She was still at DoSaM, wasn't she...?

"....Sparra? Am I still sleepin', goin' insane, 'r are ya actually here?" He blinked again, seeing her still before him, and cracked a giant grin. "Picked a hellova time ta come home, Bird Brain. Come in, wontcha?"

Offline Blink

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 02:57:37 pm »
Her plan was to just be a straight up smartass when he opened the door. It was going to be nothing more than a quick 'I'm back asshole' before she turned foot and went to her own apartment. However, the moment he opened the door and she laid eyes on him that plan quickly melted away. So much for coming back and acting like nothing at all had happened, Accident or otherwise.

"You know me... Inconvenient as ever."

Accepting his invitation Sparrow stepped past him, letting her bag drop to the floor. It felt like it had been ages since she had been in his apartment. In reality, it had only been a few weeks. At least not since they had gotten into that argument the day before she left.

"But yeah, I'm home." She tried to offer him a sure smile. "Grisham had his transplant so I wasn't needed anymore. Had to face the reality of coming home sooner or later anyway."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 07:18:30 pm »
Vaas watched her face as he spoke, sensing some type of hesitation fall away from her. This might have been something he could have peeked inside her mind to ascertain more knowledge of, but....

Well. Everyone was entitled to their privacy, no matter how close they were to someone.

"Inconvenient? Ah, nah, Sparra. Jus' surprised me, is all." He offered a small smile and swept to one side, allowing her to pass before ensuring the door was securely closed and locked. He turned to the dark room, and focused for a moment on the lamp beside his couch. A click and the presence of sudden light signaled that he had turned it on, manipulating the switch with telekinesis.

The light revealed his front room, slightly cluttered but more aptly defined as 'lived in.' Though one could note the scattered clothes and and a few dirty dishes here and there.

"Eh...sorry 'bout th' mess. I ain't been doin' much other than sleepin' an' eatin' here, seein' as how I've been tryin' ta see ya most days. No' tha' it's an excuse, but there it is, eh?" He let out an awkward sort of chuckle, and smiled at her just as her own smile shone at him.

"Yeah, I saw it on th' chat. Glad he'll be up an' abou' soon, but I'm still surprised ya decided ta come back. Figured ya'd be up there till he was really out." He stepped over to his couch, falling into it, arms spread wide as he looked up at her.

"No' tha' I'm complainin', though. It's a hellova good sight, seein' ya in somethin' other than scrubs. No' ta mention...actually bein' able ta talk." He smiled broadly, and glanced down at the cushion beside him.

"I betcher ass is tired o' them hard-backed hospital chairs, too. Why don't ya sit, huh?"

Offline Blink

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 01:13:13 pm »
Vaas was right. Even Sparrow figured she would have stuck around DoSaM until Grisham was completely discharged, but plans changed. He wasn't dying anymore, and everything seemed to go smoothly with his transplant. It would be a waste of both of their times for her to hang around any longer.

"Havinah couldn't handle me for much longer." Sparrow wrinkled her nose as she made her way towards the couch, plopping next to him and leaning her head back to rest on one of his arms.

"Also couldn't leave you alone here either. Suprised Adstreia didn't crash and burn while I was away." She turned her head and bit her lip while she took in the site of him again. "I could go for something to eat though. Your food is the only thing that kept me from dying in that hell hole in the first place."

It was her best attempt at a compliment for now.

Her eyes then shifted to the door, just as they had done back at DoSaM when she told Vaas how she really felt. She knew it was safe, she knew that at least in his apartment no one was going to barge in or see something they shouldn't. But still... she couldn't get the sense of unease to go away.

Before all of this, Sparrow never batted an eye to what they were doing. She never stared at the door like she was now. It was clear that the crash, the lizard... everything that had happened altered Sparrow in a way that even she couldn't describe. She also knew she couldn't hide it from Vaas. Eventually, he would figure out that something wasn't right, in fact, he probably already had. If anything it irritated her, knowing that she had let something like the crash phase her in this way. It made her feel like less of a pilot, less of a person in general. She was almost afraid to feel that now everything was going to be okay.

Last time Grisham almost died.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:21:36 pm by Blink »

Marakai2.0

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 01:40:36 pm »
He arched a brow at her first words, lifting an arm over the back of the couch so that she could settle comfortably against him. It was different, and he couldn't place the why of this action - it just seemed instinctive, a want to feel her close to him. All he knew was that it felt right. To him, at least.

From her, he could feel something...not like the hesitation from a minute before, but more like..unease. As if something was off, or wrong, or just plain bothering her. He didn't need to be in her head for that.

"Funny ta think tha' an entire city like Havina could be so disarmed by little ole' you, Sparra," he joked, trying to lighten her mood slightly, and more than prepared to take the jab in return. "An', 'ell, ain' nothin' ta worry abou' 'ere. Things been..pretty quiet, wit'out you an' th' commander around....." He let that hang off a bit - it was obvious by his tone that he didn't like that situation at all. To be true, his daily rides to Havina, food and clothing in tow, had been all he had to look forward to while she was gone.

"So, izzat all yer wantin', then, is some grub? Ha! Kiddin', but it'd be my pleasure ta whip somethin' up fer ya, if'n tha's whatcha want."

At this point, the unease he was feeling couldn't be ignored any longer. He pulled his arm to his side, and leaned up to turn his head, looking her in the face.

"A'ight, look 'ere. I know yer hungry, so this is wha' I'm gonna do. Ya wanna eat? Start by tellin' me wha's th' matter wit'cha. Tha' door ain' goin' anywhere, Sparra. Ain' nothin' ta worry about, 'ere. So, spill."

Offline Blink

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:47:52 pm »
Continuing to stare at the door Sparrow listened to what Vaas was saying, his voice more of a blah as her mind began to warp what was really happening behind it. She barely even noticed he moved until he pointed out that the door wasn't going anywhere. It was then that she gave him her full attention.

"There is nothing wrong with me." Her eyes were set dead on his, determined to make what she said to appear as true as possible. "I was just staring off into space is all." Reaching out she shoved at his shoulder in an attempt to make all of this seem like some kind of joke.

"So there is nothing to spill other than the fact that I want food."

She tried her hardest... she really did. But despite her best efforts, Sparrow caught herself letting her eyes flick to the door once more.

"You sure you locked it?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 04:10:13 pm »
She should have known after such a long time that Vaas was no fool. While he might not have been exactly the brightest crayon in the box, he sure as shit wasn't the darkest.

So when she said that, and tried to play it off as the whole thing just being a joke, he held her gaze with his own, gray eyes full of steel and unmoving. He simply knew her too well to fall for the bullshit she'd tried to feed him.

He glanced toward the door as she asked again if it was locked, and a flicker of tension crossed his face as it audibly unlocked, and locked again.

"Doubly sure, now. I don' take no chances when it comes ta 'eart ta 'earts, 'specially when it comes ta you. Ya should know tha' by now, Sparra."

He sighed, and faced forward again, leaning his elbows heavily on his knees, a cascade of black hair hiding his face.

"Look. I've known ya long enough, been in yer damn head long enough, I know when yer shittin' me. Ya know ya c'n talk ta me, Sparra. No need ta hide nothin'. An' frankly, I'm a bit insulted tha' ya even would."

Offline Blink

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 09:09:57 pm »
The unlocking and locking click of the door seemed to calm Sparrow just a bit. She was sure now that the door was locked so that she could place her attention where it really belonged.

"Hey..." Sparrow scooted closer to Vaas while she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm not hiding anything I promise. Just been a little on edge since everything." Moving her free hand she pushed back some of his hair in hopes of seeing those beautiful steel eyes again. "It's all just temporary."

Sparrow truly did believe all of this was temporary. It was all just nerves she had yet to kick from the ordeal. She didn't have time for it to be anything worse. Other things were more important, like catching up on work or making sure all the jets had that damned pilot assist program removed. Maybe even doing a few extra sweeps within the dome just to be sure they didn't have any faults in the barrier. Yeah... just a few extra sweeps.

In her eyes, she wasn't lying. Maybe holding a little back but nothing more.

"Vaas..." Biting her bottom lip she edged in closer again, gently placing her lips on his cheek before sitting back. "Make me some damn food would ya?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 05:42:52 pm »
Even as he said it, Vaas was skeptical. The faraway look in her eyes earlier...he'd never known her to wear that look. Sparrow was strong, stubborn, and so very here that 'faraway' just never described her.

Even as she brushed the hair out of his face to look him in the eye, he was skeptical. He could hear her voice, and the way that voice was used, even noted the surety in the way she spoke. She believed her words, that was true enough.

Vaas...knew differently.

.....but he'd also let it be. He wouldn't push her. But he would keep an eye on her, she could count on that.

Even so, those steely eyes couldn't help but smile as he leaned his cheek just slightly into that kiss, and that same smile had a smaller presence upon his lips. Vaas turned toward her, leaned over, and pressed a more intimate one against her lips, a gentle pressure behind it.

When he pulled back, he was smiling just slightly. "A'ight, Sparra. I'll getcha somethin'." That smile spread to a grin - cooking always lifted his spirits, gave him something to distract him from the 'fuck you's' the world regularly seemed to throw his way.

He stood from thr couch and headed toward the kitchen, pulling a black apron off a hook and tying it on. As he turned around, Sparrow would be able to see the words "KISS ME, I'M A HELLION" emblazoned all across the front in bold, white letters.

"So! What sounds good to ya, then?"

Offline Blink

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 07:30:27 pm »
The moment she could feel the warmth of his skin on her lips, Sparrow wanted more and was awarded when he offered one of his own in return. It quelled the hunger growing within her for the time being, well until he turned his back to her. The way his shoulders were defined, the crease in his back, all of it causing Sparrow to chew on her lip.

However, the moment Vaas turned around Sparrow whipped her head back laughing. God, it felt good to laugh.

"Where did you get that!?"

Pushing herself off the couch she stepped up to him and leaned in to inspect it closer. "They make these in the tourist shops? Because if they do... I need one. Well, except I think it would be better if it said 'Shut the Fuck Up, I'm a Hellion."

"Regardless, the apron does say I have to kiss you."

Standing back up Sparrow moved closer, moving a hand behind his neck as she pulled him in for another kiss. Suddenly she wasn't even hungry anymore... well not for food anyways.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:31:15 pm by Blink »

Marakai2.0

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 06:22:59 am »
Vaas couldn't help but break out into a huge grin at her laugh - it was a rare thing to hear at times, which was a true shame. It was almost like music to him, yet it was only another facet of her that he loved.

"Ah, this? I got it a' one o' th' tourist shops, yeah. Don' think any of 'em say 'Shut the Fuck Up,' though, bu' I bet we could probably pull some strings, yeah?" That grin continued even as she moved toward him, and her intent was clear in her eyes.

The next thing he knew, he was pulled down those few required inches by a firm hand on his neck, lips crushed against hers. Reactively, his hands both moved to rest just above her hips, his thumbs dragging the fabric of her shirt up just slightly to rest on bare skin.

After a moment, he pulled back with a devilish sort of grin, white teeth flashing. "Thoughtcha said ya were hungry, Sparra." And then, his voice lowered just slightly when he spoke again, coming out sounding akin to almost a purr.

"If'n ya were hungry fer somethin' else, coulda jus' asked." Steel eyes locked with her emerald ones, and that grin remained strong. "I'm always willin' ta provide."

Offline Blink

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 07:27:47 pm »
Chills shot up Sparrow's sides, hairs standing on end from even the slightest of touch coming from him.

"You're a psychic aren't ya? Doesn't that mean you should be able to read my mind?" A grin of her own to match his while her other hand snaked up the small of his back. Oh, how convenient he wasn't wearing a shirt right now.

"Tell me Vaas..." Pulling away she took a few steps towards the counter away from him. "... what am I thinking?"

This was what Sparrow missed and for the moment it seemed like everything was falling back into place. Her eyes were set on his and that made nothing else matter except him and her. She wasn't thinking about how she almost died or the lizard that drove her to insanity. Instead, all she could think about was how Vaas looked with those shorts hanging off of him like that. Or even better, how when he looked at her with those gorgeous eyes that her heart jumped.

"I love you ya' fucking dumbass"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 04:51:36 am »
The soft pressure of her hand at his back caused him to lean backward just slightly, pushing himself into her touch.

"Mmm..yeah, I'm psychic. An' yeah, I c'n read yer mind jus' fine. But sometimes..words 'r better, don'tcha think?" He gave a light shiver once her hand slid away from his back, covering by reaching back to untie the apron and replacing it on its hook.

When he turned again, they locked eyes, and even if he couldn't have heard the thoughts in her head he could see it, plain as day, as she looked at him. Vaas's grin diminished into an easy, affectionate smile as he stepped toward her.

"You really wanna play that game, Sparra? Really?" As he drew close to her, he lifted a hand to gently cup her chin, lifting it towards him as he descended towards her, trapping her in a kiss yet again. His other arm snaked around to the small of her back, slipping under her shirt to touch bare skin, pulling her tighter against him.

"If you need ta ask me fer yer own thoughts, it ain't me tha's th' dumbass."

That message sent, he deepened the kiss, increasing the pressure of both his kiss and his hand, his fingers digging into her back just slightly.

"An' I love ya too, Featherhead."

Offline Blink

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 02:12:43 pm »
As Vaas approached her again Sparrow's smartass demeanor faded, melting into the same affectionate smile he gave her. If anyone else talked to her the way he did, touched her the way he did, they would surely have already had a few different fists to the face. Vaas was different, and because of this when he cupped her chin in that special way Sparrow felt like the world could accept her for everything she was.

Pushing herself deeper into the kiss Sparrow shivered at his hand on her back, craving the skin to skin contact with each passing moment. Again she placed her own behind his neck and pulled him back towards the counter, breaking their kiss for just a moment to hop up and sit on its edge. The few inches that normally separated them now gone as she sat eye level with the man she was putting everything on the line for.

Even if Vaas did just say that sometimes words are better Sparrow said nothing at all. Instead, she continued to lock her eyes with his, the normal hard lines and judging glare gone. She wondered if he really knew how much he meant to her. She knew that most of the time she was a bitch, there was no denying that. She also knew that sometimes she was harsher on him than someone who was allegedly in love.

Extending her arms she placed them over his shoulders, leaning towards him from atop the counter. Instead of a going for another kiss Sparrow then rested her chin on his shoulder, burying her nose into his neck. She caught herself looking at the door again and quickly squeezed her eyes shut, refusing to let whatever was going on in her head to ruin this moment. His scent, the feel of him against her body was calming enough.

Sparrow sat like that for a moment, taking in everything she could. Slowly she started kissing his neck, working her lips up behind his ear, brushing her lips against them before going back down his neck again.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »
Seeing Sparrow like that, with her tough-girl mask discarded for the moment and that affectionate smile on her face, made Vaas beam at her. He'd been told many times in the past that he was a handsome man, in perhaps an intimidating sort of way. Sometimes, he'd been told he unnerved certain people, with his hard, intense gaze and the near-constant scowl on his face.

Those people never saw his smile, not the real one. Not this smile that he wore only for her, full of charm, the hardness of his gaze discarded to make way for a tenderness that was only for her. Only she saw the real him. And if he had his way, she would be the only one to ever see that. If only....

He blinked, casting that thought aside, back in the here and now. As she leaned in toward him, he knew what she was moving for. He let himself move into her as her arms laid upon his shoulders, burying his face into her hair, inhaling her scent.

He rewarded her with light shivers at the touch of her lips on his neck, and even more so when she reached his ear. His eyes drifted shut, as he allowed himself to feel whatever sensations there were to feel. He lowered himself down to her neck, opening his mouth just slightly to allow his teeth to drag lightly over her skin. Tasting her, loving her, it was just enough to keep him sated for the moment.

Offline Blink

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »
As his own lips brushed her neck Sparrow rolled her chin exposing the tender flesh, strands of mohagany slipping over her shoulders as she reveled in the moment. If only they could be like this all the time. Just here, enjoying each other for all it was worth with no care on who would see. Unfortunately, her thoughts began to wonder and once pushed back thoughts re-emerged.

Sparrow recalled her heart to heart with Vaas at DoSaM. Telling someone, anyone really, how much they truly meant to her was a big step. And of course, she was able to lay it all out there for him so that he would never question how she felt again. But since then neither had really had more than just a few moments alone. It was such an important moment squashed together in a matter of minutes.

"Vaas..."

Despite how much she hated it Sparrow pulled back, pressing a hand to his chest to push him away. They needed to talk, they needed to figure out where to go from here. Most importantly, they needed to do it while Grisham was miles upon miles away.

Instinctively her eyes flicked to the door again. All it would take is one wrong step, one bad miscalculation to ruin everything. Sparrow could lose the only family she had ever loved, the only man that ever made her heart beat this way (sorry Neeko), the only place she truly felt was ever a home. Everything that ever mattered to her could be gone in the blink of an eye.

Sparrow could feel her heart jumping in her chest. It felt as if she were choking on air, her throat closing in and muscles tightening at the very thought of losing Vaas and everything else she loved. She would never be able to choose. The Hellions and Vaas, both holding a special piece of her heart. Not to mention the daunting disapproval from the only man that ever made Sparrow feel like she could make someone proud. Grisham had time and time again given her chances, taught her lessons... he never gave up on her. Yet being here with Vaas was a direct way of throwing all of that into the garbage.

Worst of all Sparrow knew that Vaas would feel all of this. With their bond, he would see just how torn she was about everything. She felt guilty, knowing that she loved Vaas so much yet struggling to ever think of picking him over her family. In a perfect world, she would never have to choose, but Aedolis was far from that.

"... are we going to grow old loving each other at arm's length?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 01:56:08 pm »
Even as he worked at her neck, lips and teeth dragging lightly against that tender flesh in loving caresses, Vaas could feel the musings running through that complicated head of hers.

He knew, perhaps even before she did, that she would separate them. And so, before she'd even said his name, his lips separated from her flesh, his eyes opening just as he felt that hand upon his chest. He took a small step backward, knowing what was coming, and agreeing with her in that it needed to be said. Their relationship had elevated, back in DoSaM, and it was high time it was discussed.

He knew this, but it didn't mean he liked it. He'd very nearly lost her, and wanted more than anything to show her how glad he was to have her, safe and with him....for as long as that could last, anyway. Their time together was always so short and fleeting, hiding away from public view, Vaas working overboard to shield their minds from all manner of potential interlopers...it was well worth the occasional headache, to him at least, but....

It wasn't what either of them wanted.

He could feel her thoughts ripping and testing at each other, a maelstrom of self inflicted torture. But to her question, he had an answer, one that he hoped she would like to hear from him.

"No matter what comes, Sparra, it doesn' matter ta me if we're lovin' each other at arms length or face ta face. Nah, what matters, ta me at least, is lovin' period. I love ya, Bird Brain, no matter what. If arms length is all I c'n get, so be it...."

That said, he stepped forward, opening his arms to draw her close, pulling her into an embrace with his arms wrapped loosely at the small of her back.

But if there is a way...you can be sure we will find it.
And I, for one, am not going to give up on that.

Offline Blink

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »
In his embrace Sparrow withdrew back into the cluster storm that was her mind. Such a heavy talk with such powerful emotion behind words and hidden thoughts intertwining themselves with more words.. more thoughts. So many thoughts spiralling out of control and crashing into one another. The Hellions, Vaas, that damn lizard. Mayday Mayday Adstreia flight bay. All of it playing over and over again in a neverending loop. Would it ever stop?

Moments that had long passed torturing her every time her eyes closed. Sparrow was a slave attempting to claw her way out from a heartache that was tearing at her core. One moment she was here, with him, with her family. The next, she was back spiraling towards the ground faster than she could control. She was losing her grip on the fine line between reality and illusion.

Creases formed as Sparrow tried to push it all back, lock it all away in the crypt she had barely managed to keep shut as it was. Vaas was here now, and right now they were talking about taking whatever they could get. He was never going to give up on finding a way for them to be together. But what if he never did? What if they were in fact destined to love each other from a distance for eternity?

'Sure thing Pilot Echo Anderson, I'll get right on that.' The solemn programmed voice that was the pilot assist program looping at the back of her mind.

"No..." a whisper as Sparrow buried her face into his shoulder, squeezing her eyes even tighter at the hope of making it go away. Now was not the time to fade, it was not the time to get sucked back into the warped version of hell her conscious had created. She had her own demons to fight here, with Vaas, and she was willing to do whatever it took to stay put.

Again she pulled back, this time reaching down to pull the black fabric from around her torso. Vaas's hands placing little issue as she snaked it up, pulling the shirt from over her head before discarding it to the floor.

Distraction time.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 04:24:51 pm »
The feeling of being in two places simultaneously, for some, could be a harrowing, disconcerting experience. Vaas was there, physically, holding her against him as she fought through the storm within her mind. But he was also there, with her, standing within the storm, holding fast against it as a bastion within her psyche.

He knew what she'd been through, or at least a good amount of it, as he had gleaned what he could those times he'd been able to sit with her at DoSaM. But now, he could see it, he could hear the things she had heard, as he witnessed her relive flashes of them within her memories.

He gave a shudder at her spoken word, that single 'no' causing him to pull his attention away from their link and draw more fully into his own mind; therefore he was slightly unprepared for her as she pulled away, having not seen the intention prior to the action. He did loosen his grip, just enough so she could maneuver in his grasp, though he wouldn't break contact.

His eyes widened slightly when she drug her shirt up and over her head and tossed it onto the floor, his gaze flickering from the place the garment had landed and back to her again.

He noted her eyes, still squeezed shut, hiding that beautiful emerald color from him still. He'd ease it out of her, slowly and gently, until she was comfortable. And so, his hands slid just slightly upward and around, gripping her sides in that light grip just below the fabric of her bra, fingers skimming gently over her tanned skin.

He leaned forward, placing a slow and gentle kiss upon her lips, pressing his chest against hers, close enough his knees bumped against the counter she sat upon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal