TEINAR > Wastelands

Yeah, this is Totally Target Practice.... [Blink!]

(1/4) > >>

Marakai2.0:
It was cloudy as shit and hotter than hell, not a breeze to be found in the dusty valley. Quiet, save for the breathing of two figures hunkered down amidst the rocks.

Vaas was glad at that point he was a pyro - it didn't take too much effort for him to suppress the heat for him and his partner, though it was still far from comfortable. They'd picked a wonderful day for target practice, naturally - some wager or another about who was better, and Vaas being Vaas had, naturally, jumped right on it.

Probably should have checked the conditions before they went out, but, whatever. They were here now, and Vaas was damned if he wasn't gonna win his credits. He'd show her who was better. Any day, heat or no, was perfect for a bit of friendly rivalry.

"Y'know..." he started, reaching up to unseal and remove his mask, "yer fuckin' goin' down this time. Ain't anyone beat me in practice before, and ain't anyone gonna do it now."

He pulled the mask away to uncover his face, black tresses of long hair falling free, framing a tanned face and steely eyes set in a permanent glare. Despite the hard look in his eyes, he found himself smiling as he placed a cigarette between his lips. On the thumb and middle finger of his flight suits right glove were two metal studs that, when struck together, produced a spark.

From this spark grew a flame, fueled purely by his mind, and with this he lit the end of his cigarette, inhaled a breathful of acrid smoke, and exhaled.

"Hope ya brought enough ammo fer that fuckin' rifle a yers. Gonna take awhile fer ya ta hit anything, so ya might need the shells." He chuckled a bit and unholstered his pistol, a damn handcannon if anyone had seen one. 12.77 mm shells, both slugs as well as incindiery, though now loaded with slugs. On the barrel was engraved the word 'Widowmaker.' He could put softball sized holes in most anything with the thing.

"Now....ya wanna go first? Or, ya wanna pick out a target for me, Bird Brain?" His gaze slid to the feminine form beside him. Damn if she didn't make even a flight suit look good.

Blink:
With an audible sigh, Sparrow unsealed her own mask, pulling it off and clipping it to her belt. Long strands of brown fell around her shoulders for only a few short moments before she was pulling them back, tying it all in a band.

At first she let him go on, only flicking her eyes over to him from time to time as she loaded one of the magazines to her assault rifle. After completing one she moved on to another, clicking in each round until it was full and clipping it to her belt alongside her mask. With the last *click* she smirked at his comment about her weapon choice.

"Big and flashy" she murmured as she checked the sites. "That damn pistol is going to have you blowin' your arm off one of these days."

Whipping around she grabbed a full magazine and slammed it into the bottom of her rifle before turning back to the opening and taking aim.

"How about you worry less about me picking a target for you and worry more about how you are going to keep up." She pulled her eyes from the line of sight for a second to send him a wink and a click of her tongue before shooting her attention forwards again.

Two seconds, that was all it took for her to re-aim and pull the trigger causing a few 'pops' to escape the barrell of her gun. The muscles in her shoulders flexed as she pushed against the recoil, keeping her stance vertually flawless as the gun kicked back three seperate times.

"There is some kind of metal construct a few hundred meters out. Shoot that."

Sparrow set down her weapon and took a step towards Vaas. Reaching out she took his cigarette before taking in a long drag off of it. Nicely she handed it back, well if nicely means flicking it at him.

"You're up asswipe." Despite her tone, Sparrow was actually smiling. "If you miss I'm telling Grisham."

Marakai2.0:
"'Ey. I like ol' Widowmaker, here. An' yeah, she kicks like a mule, but I ain't a pansy bitch, either. Takes some oomph ta fire a beauty like this'un. Bet you can't keep a handle on it." He grinned as she slammed a mag in and took aim.

"I'll keep up, dontcha worry yerself 'bout that. You jus' worry 'bout-" too late, as she had at that point fired her rifle, the barrel flashing three times in succession. He noted her stance, the way she leaned into the recoil as she fired. He whistled admirably, somehow managing so with that cigarette hanging from one corner of his mouth.

Whether it was at her precision, or the manner in which she held herself, was hard to tell. Perhaps a bit of both.

"Not bad, feather head. Color me impressed." He winked at her, mirroring her action from just a moment before. He watched her as she moved toward him, and swiped his smoke straight from his mouth.

He grinned when she put it to her lips and took a drag. Things like this seemed like a rather common occurrence, and he'd long ago stopped offering her her own. She always just took his, it seemed.

With his free hand, he snagged the then flying cigarette between his thumb and forefinger in midair, and replaced it in his mouth. "Y'know, one day yer gonna put my eye out'r somethin', playin' like that. An' yer gon' feel all kinda bad about it. Wouldn't tha' jus' show ya?"

He smirked, and turned his back to her, standing sidelong as he raised that cannon of his to sight it, holding the grip in only one hand, arm straight. A big gun like that, most would use two hands to compensate for the recoil, but not him.

"Boom..." he muttered, and squeezed the trigger. The gunshot was a roar, echoing loudly off the stone walls of their little impromptu shooting range. One could see the thick muscle of his arm tensing only momentarily, the big pistols barrel raising just barely as he forced it back down.

He squeezed two more times, three shots of his own for all three of hers, and three large shell casings ejected from the slide to land, smoking, at his feet.

"Beat that, feather brain. Let's go check out shots, eh?" He turned to her with a grin - it'd been impossible to miss the marks he made, three large craters in the steel that he could see from here. "I'm thinkin' Grish ain' gonna hear about this."

Blink:
Taking a step back Sparrow crossed her arms while she watched Vaas take aim and fire. Her expression was firm, not faltering once as he released three separate shots into the same target in the distance.

"Okay..." she paused, reaching down to pick up her gun and sling the strap across her torso. "I'll just tell him you still lock your elbows when shooting that thing."

Sparrow reached out and patted his shoulder before walking past him, stopping just before exiting the safety of the rocks and walking out into the open.

"You take point. I'll cover from behind. I don't want that fucking beast being shot behind me and taking a chunk out of my shoulder. The last thing we need is a wounded pilot stranded out here in the wastes or something."

Marakai2.0:
"But I- what? Th' hell, Sparrow. No lockin' the elbow, I get hurt enough jammin' my arms inta the fuckin' engine compartments of jets. Not that fuckin' stupid." He exhaled a heavy breath before pulling the spent cigarette out of mouth.

Vaas stared at that burning ember for a moment, before watching as it lit up brighter. The butt burned down to nothing, filter and all, before he turned to follow her

"Yeah, as if I'd take th' risk of hittin' ya. An' besides tha', if you get hit by anythin', ya know I gotcher back. Even if ya are bein' particularly hateful tanight." He stepped past her with his gun still drawn, winking at her as he took point.

"Jus' don't put a couple of those 5.56's inta my back, eh? Fair's fair, if yer not trustin' me ta do the same, yeah?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version