Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Rolling in the Deep [Marjorie]  (Read 1596 times)

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Rolling in the Deep [Marjorie]
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 04:01:56 pm »
Clearly a lie, in this age where even those living in poverty could look out a window to know the approximate time of day. One not disguised very well, but perhaps not meant to be. The doctor had no intention of sharing the time of day, it seemed. 'Or', one of her minds, a spacer by former trade, reminded her, 'she genuinely does not know. Time of day in space is arbitrary, as is time of day underground. If we are in either type of location, it may very well be that she has no way of keeping time without a watch.'. Either way, it was something to consider. Everything the doctor said would be mulled over, and was, in fact, by her multitude of minds. 

"Perhaps months, perhaps years. Perhaps even decades or centuries.". It was a non-answer, and that was intentional. The good doctor had broken the rules, and none of her minds, at this point, felt enough goodwill to indulge her. It had been the day before her capture, but that was something High Priestess had no intention of revealing for free. "Perhaps you might be willing to find your watch and my sense of time might find itself precise enough to answer in the intervening time.", she suggested, smiling in a way more suggestive of malice than good humor, "Or perhaps we are done with our interview and you shall have to call on me another day, doctor. One's patience has limits, and I find myself distressingly late for communion and prayer.". As she spoke, calculations, spread out across her minds, were made for a particular bit of offensive magic favored by her god. There was a chance the doctor would insist on continuing to question her without answering any more questions. The spell would, unless the doctor was a sociopath with no sense of self-preservation, put paid to that and illustrate the pointlessness of attempting to force her to do so, but the calculations were kept beneath the surface, hidden among the clutter of thousands of minds, in order to give the two listening in as little time to prepare as possible.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Marjorie

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 07:05:50 pm »
Saetie smiled and stood up, slipping her hands into her pockets. “I think we’re done here for now,” she said, “do enjoy the rest of your stay.”

She looked at the puppet - the criminal sacrificed to the priestess to gain her temporary favor. She watched him carefully as she moved out the door. The door locked behind her and the room staid under guard. Later, the puppet would be taken, blindfolded, from the room and placed in a solitary cell with no windows.

For now, Saetie has gleaned much. Not enough, but it was a start. Too bad they didn’t want her to dissect the Priestess  and see what made her tick. She was wondering though what might the physical implications of her long life be.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 01:20:03 am »
The puppet was not made to make a move against the doctor as she left. There was no reason to do so, and it suited Red Tide's purposes for the encounter to be taken to its logical conclusion. When the puppet was eventually taken from the room, the blindfold was allowed to be tied on, rather passively, in fact, as if the puppet was being ignored, though this could not be further from the truth. Red Tide, viewing the area on the magical plane, took detailed mental note of the route taken, everything in the cells along the route, how often guards were passed, and more as its puppet was taken to the cell, and, once within, the puppet was made to continue to observe. Everyone who passed by, everything in the nearby cells, proximity to other active puppets, even, little as it was, what could be heard through the door to the cell.

As soon as the doctor left, High Priestess focused on what she had learned, beneath the surface in case others were listening. One advantage to being made up of so many minds was that each could be given a different thing to process and finding even a significant part of the whole would be as trying to look at every grain of sand on a beach in fine detail at once. It was inevitable, if she was still under psychic observation, that some of what she was mulling over would be noticed, just as one might pick up and examine a few of those grains of sand, but the bulk would go unexamined, as next to none, in her experience, were foolish or powerful enough to attempt to read all her minds at once.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:20:37 am by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal