Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)  (Read 7672 times)

Offline Lion

Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:17 pm »
“You fucking piece of shit! Fit!” he growled, as he fitted the tracker into the navigation system just beside the flight seat. Upkeep on a cruiser like the Vegas, was a challenging task for anyone that wasn't up for the task. Thade was good with his hands, and he had to be especially when traveling solo.

Sister was handy here and there, but heaven forbid the fucker break a nail and threaten to break the rest of them on Thade's face if he made him do anymore work. Thankfully Sister wasn't around, and whatever he was doing was probably hot, fast, and sweaty. Sometimes a guy just needed something to get off on.

He was covered in grease already, and smeared some more on his hands as he got the circular casing to finally fit into the hardware in the panels and grates that served as the flooring on the Vegas. The ship itself was well-kept, and although it wasn't always clean, it has powerful engines, guns, and plenty of cargo space both hidden and otherwise. It was his first vessel, an with any luck it'd be his only vessel.

Thade wiped the grease from his hands as he activated the panels on it, remembering what he'd been told. Sure he could have had someone at Galley La do it for him, but why on the sun would he deprive himself of the joy of doing it himself?  Really, he always did it better if he could do it himself. Not to mention, whatever bloated price they would charge for labor alone!

He wasn't going to take that chance.

Thade stood, dusting his hands off and grabbed his overcoat, shrugging it over his form and securing Desi and Lucy in their holsters. You never could be too careful on the Cancer.  Drinks with Sister were just about in order and he wasn't going to be late. Only assholes were late to meetings. Drinks with Sister were always fun, and as he left his ship, securing the airlocks, he glanced behind it to check the sign. Dock 12-A.  A part of him wanted to set up a pulse mine in front of the entry way. Gods knew he couldn't trust any form of “security” to keep an eye on it.  But it never hurt to take extra precautions.

So he paid an urchin to keep an eye out for him, a kid that nobody would really suspect, And soon he was on his way.

Thade enjoyed himself the next few hours, and watched as Sister pile-drove a hard ass into the ground, and then proceeded to step on his nuts with his stiletto boot. “Nobody calls me fag, honey. I'm just too fabulous for you to handle.  Call me when you grow your nuts back. On second thought, don't,” Sister laughed, and Thade sauntered after him. “As ever it's a pleasure, Thade, baby. Don't be a stranger now.”  Sister kissed his cheek and was on his way.

He was good now. He had a few drinks in him and he could sleep the rest of it off on the ship.  If it was there.  Thade had to blink again and stared with a sobering scowl at the blank spot where the Vegas had been stationed. Whatever alcohol had been swimming in his head seemed to fade away, and he glared, furious.  He locked the ship! He locked it!  This was the same dock too, 12-A!

And the kid was nowhere to be found!

“FUUUUUUUUCK!” he cried, and looked to the comm system on his wrist, embedded into the chrome plate of his left arm. “The tracker!  Right!  The, the.....tracker...”  Except it was turned on, and somehow wasn't showing up as active on the navigation screen. “Oh you've got to be kidding me. I did not just install a piece of shit...  Please!  Don't tell me that's just what happened!?”

Thade was off, running full tilt back to Galley La, fuming. His eyes flashed when he was angry, and he had a hard time containing his patience by the time he made it back to Galley La proper. Of course he tried to wind down, and each deep breath was getting harder and harder to contain. Brow was furrowed, and he immediately asked to see someone about their ship production line.

“Just wondering if all your equipment is fault, or just the units you sell individually,” he muttered as he stood in the office. “Was it because I didn't want you to install it?”

The woman in front of him smiled fakely. It wasn't that Thade expected her to feel sorry for him, or even to be remotely understanding, but it was clear to him she did this on a daily basis. She had a shiteating grin that frankly was infuriating, but Thade knew better than to make a scene in the middle of a place with it's own private security.

“Please come this way, Mr. Olyphant. An upper-representative will be along to help you shortly. In the meantime, please feel free to brows our building facilities. Thank you for visiting Galley La,” she said with an upbeat tone and led Thade out into the main hangar. There were ships, ships, and more ships!  Even if he was a disgruntled customer, he was steadily impressed by their facility, the massive hangar leaving little to be desired.

“Wow,” he breathed.  Maybe if he ever found the Vegas again he'd bring it here for a serious tune-up.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:28:30 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

Re: Sympathy for a Devil (Cheesi!)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:41:51 pm »
Reva's irritated sigh was loud, echoing in the hallway along with the heavy clicking of her high heels. Various hologram screens floated along with her, projected from a few hidden points in her golden skeletal arms.

"Well it's not my fault that the customer couldn't tell the difference between laser cannons, I'm not giving him a fucking refund because he wanted a bigger one and didn't bother doing any research past what the names sounded like."

"Okay so what do you want me to tell him then?" Despite Reva being the shortest person at Galley La, the office assistant still struggled to keep up with her, a glass tablet in her hands as she tried to jot down notes as Reva spewed them off while heading to the main hangar.

"Tell him if he wants an upgrade he's gotta pay for it in full, I'm not offering discounts based on fucking stupidity." Reva spat the last word as the door in front of them opened on its own and they stepped out into the brightly lit main hangar.

At the moment, it housed four private vessels ranging in size from personal cruisers, a racing ship, and a large blimp-like ship designed to hold a crew of twenty, with accommodations for up to forty passengers comfortably. It was roughly 120 feet long and weighed around 700 tons. Its dim silver finish gleamed in the bright lights; dozens of workers varying in age, gender and species scurried on the cement of the garage floor, hauling small trucks full of sheets of metal, electronics and other parts.

Reva walked onto the floor like she owned it, and in all sense of the phrase she pretty much did. All the workers, who for the most part looked like rough seasoned creatures that had been in far too many fights for a little gal like her to tangle with, and yet they all nodded to her with respect--even went so far as to take steps back or move out of her way to give her some space. Nobody liked getting in Reva's way when she was on the job, because she was there to do just that: her job. Anyone who hindered her in doing so knew to expect a beating, sometimes not just in a metaphorical sense.

Behind her on a large motorized cart bed was a rather large cannon, somewhere around 10 feet long and wider around than any of the workers were tall.

She stopped in front of the large commercial airship, motioning with her hands and several workers immediately jumped into action as the cart stopped. The cannon was untethered as a framework of cables was lowered from the ceiling on a suspended grid, hooks going into various places built into the weapon's outer shell as its several tons was hoisted into the air to be installed.

"Hey, watch it Alistair, I've only spent the last six months building that from scratch, if you get a single mark on it you'll owe me a thousand credits." She growled, and one of the workers quickly fired out a reply like they were responding to a military drill sergeant. Reva rolled her eyes and shifted her weight onto one leg, placing her hand on her hip as she stood there and watched as it was lifted into the air--and as she looked up with it, another movement caught her eye just in time for her to notice something was wrong.

The secretary that had brought Thade into Galley La proper trotted over to her and her assistant, nodding to both of them, though Reva wasn't looking at her.

"Miss Reva, as you're head of ship security I've unfortunately got another one for you, another stolen ship that is--"

There was a loud metallic snap followed by a series of twangs and cracks and suddenly the airship lurched, its front end wavering dangerously before there was a loud bang and the whole thing, hoisted some 100 feet in the air, started to fall. There were a few shocked screams and yells from the workers as it came down almost like it was moving in slow motion. Reva let out a frustrated snort and threw both of her hands up, a visual aid to help her direct her focus when she had to pour this much into it--after all, that thing wasn't no fucking pear she was doing tricks with to impress someone.

It came to a shuttering halt after only falling halfway, and Reva let out an audible growl as the assistant standing next to her let out a whimper, posed with her tablet held out in front of her like she somehow thought that would save her from a gigantic airship smashing her like a bug. The ship slowly started moving back up in the air by an unseen force, but it was a force of energy that everyone in that hangar could tangibly feel, a kind of vibration in the air that almost had a bit of a crackle to it like static electricity. The half-demon cyborg grit her teeth as she lifted the entire ship back into place; workers were already scrambling on ladders and walkways with new cords as they started resecuring it back into place.

"Main tether wasn't hooked into the right port, Reva!" One of them called down, his voice quiet despite his yelling, in the vast space that was silent save for the murmurs of everyone as they got back to work.

Reva waited a few more seconds before the others up there called down and affirmed that it was secure, and then she relaxed, the energy that had been pulsating in the room disappearing in a flash as she let her arms slump to her sides, shaking her head as she took in a breath--everyone went quiet.

"FIND THAT SORRY MOTHERFUCKER WHO DID IT AND BRING THEM TO ME SO I CAN GIVE THEM A THOROUGH FUCKING ASS BEATING BEFORE I BOOT THEIR ASS OUT OF MY GODDAMN HANGAR DOOR."

It really was surprising how much such a little thing like her could roar. It was something that she knew how to do likely only from practice--because it still made everyone in the garage flinch, the two gals next to her covering their ears until she was done, wincing as they heard her voice still echoing in the room. There was a furious look burning in her eyes that did more than suggest she was livid--she was the embodiment of angered boss right now, and quickly the other workers started to scramble to figure out who did it. Reva wouldn't rest until someone's head was on her desk, though she wouldn't just punish any fool--it had to be the person responsible. And when there was a project worth so many millions of credits as that ship, nobody was gonna fuck around. She expected to have an ass to flog in her office by late evening, and it went without saying. It was a mutual understanding between everyone who worked there.

Reva finally turned to look at the secretary, arching a single brow, her only indication for the woman to speak, to which she quickly stammered, "Mr--Mr. Olyphant's ship was stolen. He's waiting by the entrance to the hangar." She said with a quick motion over to where said customer was standing.

Reva took one look at him and rolled her eyes, looking away as she took in a deep breath and let it out in a measured puff of air. "Right, fine. Fine. Get those notes out by five tonight if you can, Adestria. Thank you." Her assistant nodded and scampered off while Reva followed the secretary over to where Thade stood.

She was already 110% done with people today, because it seemed like it was just dumbass after fucking dumbass who kept coming to spite her and it was just one of those days. And she had a feeling this guy was probably gonna be a similar story.

"Thade Olyphant, nice to meet you, I'm Reva, head designer and weapons engineer. I'm told you got your ship stolen today," She took the note handed to her by the secretary and took a glance at it, raising her eyebrows before she let her hand fall to her side, her other going to rest on her hip as she gave him a look like 'are you fucking kidding me?'

"Did you read the instruction manual? Because if you didn't we're not legally liable for any damages to your ship, including it being stolen, because you didn't hold up your end of the agreement on the contract papers which you signed at," She looked at the note again before looking at him, "11:32 this morning."

God someone just... Shoot her. No, better idea. She looked at the secretary.

"I'll handle him from here, thank you Tenai. I'd absolutely love it if you could find me some coffee and vodka and have it ready for me when we come back to the office in about ten minutes."

Tenai, the secretary, gaped at her for a second or two before pursing her lips and nodding--this wasn't the first time Reva had requested such a concoction mind you, she was just shocked Reva did it in front of a customer. She threw a glance at Thade to see his reaction before excusing herself and hurrying away.

Offline Lion

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:01:17 am »
In all his fascination with the vessels that were being built here at the Galley La facility, Thade wondered what kind of money it took to run an operation like this. No doubt a lot of it, and people to run it too. Thade made good enough money shipping and selling and gunrunning, but it was nothing on the scale of this.  If anything it made him quite ambitious. For a time, he wondered if the owner had any trouble with finding people they could trust.

A brief thought when he turned his attention to someone screaming out at the top of their lungs. Amidst the noise of the hangar, the sound of powertools and plasma cutters aside, there was a tone of authority here, and it caught his attention. Thade crossed his arms over his chest, watching a tiny thing moving out onto the floor, with metal arms, and a golden outfit.

The owner?  Hmm, maybe not. There was definite authority from her, but the way she shouted things about pointed more toward some kind of supervisory position. And boy did her people listen. No fuss, no gripes.  A word was given and there they went, scattering to accommodate. That order and discipline was definitely something to be admired, and he found himself grinning.

No, he scolded himself. You're here to make a valid complaint.  Focus.  Thade stepped forward, hoping to meet this woman head on.  He really didn't need all those introductions.  Until there was a loud snap and he looked up, and saw that teetering airship about to crush everything underneath it.  Only it didn't.  Instead it was held up, by none other than the the boss lady herself, with a force unseen.  Holy shit.

Thade had been in Aedolis enough times to recognize telekinesis. And hers was fucking strong. Damn...  Was he spacing out?  Was there someone talking to him?  Right, his ship.

Thade kept his poker face on, demeanor professional and his shoulders back. He was here on business, and letting emotion get the better of him was never a good idea. She clearly wasn't in any mood to be fucked with, and he wasn't in the mood for fucking.  He took her hand and shook it firmly, hands folding in front of him afterward.  He looked her up and down, measuring that fire she had carefully leveled out to anyone that failed to convey responsibility for the broken tether.

"Miss Reva. I did read the instructions," -Most of it anyway.  The parts on how to fit it onto the ship. "And I have to say I'm very disappointed in your product. I activated the tracker. Or thought I did. I'm quite good about repairing anything that might be broken, but I didn't think your company shelled out that kind of garbage. Don't you have some kind of quality control in this place?  It looks fantastic, so why did you sell me such a faulty piece of equipment?"

Thade frowned, brow furrowed and he kept his gaze level with her eyes.  But his voice rang out to Tenai as she scurried away, "Better make that coffee and vodka double, if you please."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:03:37 am by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 12:25:19 am »
There was something about Thade that made Reva's mind instantly think 'dirtbag' as he stood there and shook her hand. He had a firm grip, hers was one of iron. Almost literally.

As he voiced his complains and she stared him down, watching the look in his eyes as he spoke, she decided he likely wasn't telling the whole truth, because this definitely wasn't the first time she'd herad this argument. They always sounded similar, always that it was Galley La's product that was faulty, not the idiot who couldn't be bothered to turn on all the features because he couldn't read a fucking manual. Of course. Customer was always right, and that kind of shit.

It was only a little obvious in the look in her eyes as he kept talking that the more he said the more she wanted to punch him in the face, and she was only about an inch away from doing so--but that didn't bode well for customer relations. So she did a good job of keeping it bottled up, setting her jaw as she gave him a frosty smile.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about our product. Let me run some diagnostics on your ship real quick, and let's see if we can't figure out where it's at, hm?" Hint hint, she wasn't buying the bullshit he was trying to sell her. She wasn't stupid.

She took a look at the note again which had some more information jotted on it--namely, the tracker ID number. She held up her forearm, pressed a few keys on the underside of her palm and a new screen came up which she started entering in information on. It quickly zoomed out to show a map of the neighboring planetary systems, and she enlarged it so it was big enough for him to see without taking a step towards her, gods damn him if he tried. A red marker showed up on the screen, and it was quite far away from their location, marked in green, on Cancer.

"Well it appears to me that your tracker is working absolutely fine." She said, an edge to her voice of 'I fucking told you so'. "Looks like it's been missing a while Mr. Olyphant because from what I glimpsed of your ship earlier it'd take a while to get it from the port and coax it all the way to fucking Edanith."

She turned to stare at him. "And unfortunately it looks like you didn't enable one of the options recommended on page ten of the manual which would have allowed me to teleport it back here to the shop, and unfortunately for you," She used a hand gesture in front of the hologram screen and the map shrunk down to have another window, which had been small and playing in the corner before, almost unnoticeable, fullsize in its place. It was a recorded video taken from the tracker while it was installed.

"It certainly appears to me that you didn't do as much reading as you let on." His voice saying “You fucking piece of shit! Fit!” could be heard faintly to go along with it.

She gave him a frosty smile as she lowered her arm and all the hologram windows around her disappeared as she put her hands on her hips and got real with him for a second.

"Legally I don't have to do anything. You didn't hold up your end of the contract, it's in the fine print. However, because I'm such a nice woman, I will offer to help you track it down. What's left of it, anyways. We can take one of my personal cruisers to Edanith to reach it, and from there I can get it transported back here safely." She could almost guarantee he'd have to do business with them once they got back though to get it back together in one piece again, hell. No ship was stolen off of Cancer to be kept intact as-is. Unlucky bastard--or perhaps just stupid.

Offline Lion

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 10:14:20 am »
Suddenly, and very embarrassingly, Thade was reminded of every customer that bothered to complain to him over anything they thought they could one-up him over. “The shipment came later than expected, I’m only paying half,” “These are more guns than I asked for, “ “You said they’d only be this much in your messages!” all suddenly came flooding to mind and Thade couldn’t have been more embarrassed. Except he was, and blood burned his face as a continued unpleasant reminder.

It was his utmost discipline to never deal with pretense, never make the customer think you have more cards than you do, and never let them pull one over on you. Even if it meant losing a potential contact. He himself knew better than to try and hustle the hustler.  And here he was, making a fool of himself doing it. Whether it was Reva’s words, or the very fact that he just went against everything he’d taught himself, he rubbed his face deep into his hands and sighed.

“You know what, you’re right.  You’re absolutely right, and I’m…really fucking sorry,” he said.  “I’m just pissed more at myself than anything, and trying to take it out unfairly on you for my own mistake was…completely uncalled for.”  Thade looked at her eyes again, feeling that burning annoyance behind them, and he couldn’t blame her.  He still was waiting for that assistant to show up with that coffee and vodka.

Thade just watched her and crossed his arms over his chest, watching her pull a holo map up from her arm.  Well, fuck if his ship didn’t make it all the way to Edanith in just a few hours.  Suping up those engines paid off.  Just not for him.

“I think you pretty much laid out my options for me.  As well as my balls,” he sighed. “Which, believe me, I’m always thankful for. I guess, I could always storm out of here, and take my business elsewhere, but I’m not some asshole that comes cawing for a solution only to walk away from it. And I’m not about to lose my ship, again.”

He nodded to her. “If you’re willing to go that extra mile for me, Miss Reva, I’ll go the extra mile for you.  Let’s get started.”

Cheesigator

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:22:33 pm »
There was a certain kind of joy one could find when putting an unruly person back in their place--bonus points even, if the person realized what they were doing wrong and apologized for it. Perhaps she shouldn't have been quite as quick to judge based purely upon appearance. It seemed whatever she'd said had struck some kind of a cord with this Thade guy, because despite the douchebaggy name he actually calmed down and admitted he was in the wrong. And he even apologized for it.

Well, as they say, you get more flies with honey. She allowed a small smile, more of a smirk than anything, to slip onto her face and resisted the urge to call him a good boy and pat him like he was a dog. Though something about how he said 'I'm not about to lose my ship, again' implied this might not be the first time he'd had it stolen, which raised a whole new onslaught of questions that she just didn't... Want to ask. Didn't want to open that can of worms. Told herself she would never care enough anyways.

She nodded when he agreed to her solution. "Well then, let's head back into the main office and have you sign some papers. We do so love our paperwork around here." She said the last bit only a lot sarcastically, turning on a heel and expecting him to follow as she took him back the way they came, tapping another few buttons on her palm as she opened up a comm link and informed Tenai to just keep the coffee and vodka at the front desk for them.

As they reached the front lobby, fitted with nice bright lights, a ridiculously tricked out fishtank and extremely comfy waiting chairs, Reva slid behind the desk, pulled out a glass tablet and set it out on the countertop.

"I just need you to sign these forms--release forms, more or less just agreeing that you understand that while we hope it doesn't come to it, we're not liable if you suffer any major damages while on this little excavation. I'll personally do my best to protect you since we're most likely dealing with criminals here, but ultimately I, nor is Galley La and its affiliates, responsible for your health and/or life on this trip."

It was sad that they had paperwork--digital paperwork, to be specific--for that at all, really, because it implied they hadn't at one point in time, and had dealt with such horrendous people that they later on needed to create this paperwork at all. It also implied that it wasn't the first time they dealt with people not reading the manual on their trackers, then having their vessels stolen, and trying to blame Galley La for it. Thade, in this case, was just one of many.

Tenai stepped in with a fresh pot of cold coffee and the vodka, to which Reva instantly brightened up and poured herself a glass, a good third of it being straight-up vodka. She took a few swigs as Tenai came over and offered a cup to Thade, setting the pot and glass bottle onto the counter next to him, nodding to Reva and stepping out again.

Once the forms were signed she took back the tablet and finished her cup, setting it all down on the counter top as she motioned for Thade to follow her. She exited the Galley La building through the front door, holding it open for him and then proceeding to start walking down the block. She walked with a certain authoritative purpose in her step that might've made it difficult for one to keep up if they weren't paying attention. It was a decent little walk, and then a turn right, and into view came a rather large parking garage. They entered through a door that required a rather ridiculously complex security code, and Reva stepped onto an elevator, pressing the button for floor number three once her charge as onboard.

"You're in the officially unofficial Galley La parking garage--these are the ships that belong to all the people who work here, it's privately owned by the CEO but it's intended for our use. No, none of them are for sale." Because boy were there some pretty ones that people sometimes asked about all the time.

Glass doors slid closed and the vast array of personal cruisers and other small ships on the first floor disappeared; stepping out under the bright fluorescent lights on the third floor revealed that whoever parked their ships there all had very similar tastes--that, or they all belonged to Reva.

Hint, it was the latter.

Varying in size, form, and function, from personal ships fitted with on board drinks and wine glass sets to star racers and dog fighting craft, there was a different kind of ship for just about anything. They all sported sleek airbrushing and designs, usually in pastels, golds and ivories, however there were a few that were black and neon purple or hot pink as well. Reva led Thade to a ship in one of the middle rows, and as they approached it Reva gave a flick of her wrist, and at first it seemed like she was pantomiming the pressing of buttons, until suddenly the cruiser lit up, its engine roaring to life as it lifted off the ground and hovered there for them. A hatch opened in the bottom as the thrusters glowed with a brilliant blue-white light, and she climbed in, expecting Thade to follow her inside.

Mr. Olyphant would find it was quite cramped inside for a guy like him, but for Reva it was perfect, she merely had to bend down as she slid in and climbed up two rungs of a ladder, opening a hatch and popping into the two-seat cockpit. Of course, she took the front seat, falling into it with a sigh as she gripped the handlebars of the steering console, pressing a button on the main control panel laid out before her that shut the hatch.

"Seatbelt on please, Mr. Olyphant." She drawled as she strapped herself in and coaxed the ship out into the main aisle and out one of the many openings in the walls of the building's structure that looked out onto the station of Cancer. It flew smoothly, and was rather zippy for such a small ship--likely a racer of some sort. She pulled up a few screens on the console and pressed a few buttons, setting their coordinates for Edanith and initiating the jump to hyperspace.

"So what is it that you do for a living, Thade? Hope it's alright I call you Thade, your last name is a mouthful." She said as she sat back in her seat, throwing a look at him over her shoulder.

Offline Lion

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 11:45:26 pm »
That smug look in her eye didn't go unnoticed. There was an amused gleam there too and as apologetic as Thade had been, he'd probably be laughing in his own mind as she was in hers, had the tables been turned. Still, he kept his thoughts to himself and eyed the horns on her head for a moment. She obviously wasn't human. Even with the cybernetic prosthetic arms, the very fact of the matter was she certainly smelled differently than all the rest.

Something in his blood twitched, and he eyed her body, if only to appreciate the majesty therein. As she walked away to lead him back to the main office, his lips curled wryly and he tilted his head before striding to catch up with her. Her gait was as pointed as the rest of her.

The facility here was one of many worlds and nations. Thade could appreciate when folk set aside whatever differences they had to work toward a common goal. That was making credits in this instance. And even if he clearly lost out on this one, the opportunity to make good money was never lost on him. But first things first, getting the Vegas back into his hands and beating those thieves to a pulp.

It was all the usual legalities, and Thade signed them in a surprisingly elegant hand as his finger gripped the stylus across the glass tablet with his signature and he handed it back.  Ahh, there was the coffee and vodka.  He smiled at Tenai and bowed his head as he took a sip.  He appreciated it and made no protest to follow Reva.  If anything, doing otherwise would simply get him lost here. He really only needed one problem at a time for now.

The coffee and vodka went with him as he downed it and he discarded the cup when he was finished, entering the personal vehicles garage.  "Wow," he said aloud, not even realizing he was going to until the word just fell out of his mouth. "This is quite a collection. And no, I'm not interested in buying any of them."  Just for the record. The Vegas was the only ship for him.

Climbing in behind Reva, he squeezed in through the hatch of her vessel and looked around.  Any tighter and he probably wouldn't be able to breathe.  Settling in behind her, he relaxed into the cushions, securing the belt around his waist and he took in a deep breath.  He was remarkably close to the front seat and his legs were parted in a natural sitting position, and glanced down at his trousers.  Really?  Now he had a boner, of all times?

Thade cleared his throat. "Thade is fine, Miss Reva," he replied, reached down to pull his trousers a little more discreetly against it. "I'm a smuggler, of course. And that ship is my livelihood. Thank goodness, I didn't have any serious precious cargo on it save for the ship itself. And that's another headache altogether."

He gripped the seat and felt the pressure ease inside the cockpit. "What about you? How long have you been in this business? No doubt long enough to know how to deal with blokes like me."

Cheesigator

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 03:36:28 pm »
Reva had noticed that her companion here wasn't exactly human, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. (Funnily enough, that was just about what she was.) Though any chances of her feeling sympathetic towards him based on the sole merit that he also relied on prosthetics had been made null and void by his jackass attitude. Besides, she didn't bother shedding any tears for the unfortunate.

Had she been any other normal person looking down at someone like her or Thade, she wouldn't have then either.

He mentioned he was a smuggler and she gave no outward reaction--ah yes, a regular Han Solo. Him and gods knew how many other space faring travelers. So many of them only existed of course because there was a demand for such people--that was the way of the world. So hell, she didn't judge. Just found it unsurprising.

He asked about her and she glanced back at him over her shoulder. People usually didn't ask about herself for obvious reasons. She turned forward again as they reached Edanith, the ship exiting hyperspace right outside of the planet's gravitational pull.

"Been building things as long as I can remember. Been working for Galley La for just about 20 years, officially."

She guided the ship down to Edanith's surface, the heat shields holding up well as they entered the atmosphere until the ship was racing at a comfortable distance of about 20 feet from the ground. It was definitely a racer; it made zippy turns that had them both leaning in their seats as Reva took them into the canyon lands, following the signal given off by the tracker on the Vegas. They were getting closer and closer, but it was deathly silent in the dark crevices in the earth around them.

She blinked and slowed the ship until it was hovering and she leaned forward, as if trying to make sure she wasn't mistaken before she sat back in her seat and laughed a little.

"Well, found it."

It was wedged, quit ill-fittingly into a horizontal crevice in one of the steep canyon walls. The metal of the ship's hull was crunched like a smashed soda can in between the rock walls. She rubbed her chin, unable to hold back her dry snickers. She thought it looked kinda funny, but in all seriousness...

"We should probably get on board and check it out before we just send it back to Cancer full of hostiles." She said as she pulled the ship in, looking to see if there was anywhere in between the Vegas and the destroyed cavern she could fit her ship to park it, finding an entrance just big enough and sliding the ship inside. After landing and powering it down she opened the cockpit hatch and just hopped down from there, standing up straight with her hands on her hips as she marveled at the force which had been used to smash the Vegas as far into the tiny cavern as possible.

"Whoever did this must really hate you." She said as she let Thade try to look for a way onboard.

Offline Lion

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »
Thade didn't consider himself much of a conversationalist. He was a doer not a talker. And used his words when he had to. Frankly he hated small talk, but something about Reva piqued his curiosity, simply because he wondered if she ever had the 'evil' beaten out of her when she was a runt.  Being forced to fend for himself early on left him largely self-sufficient.

Except for moments like these. In which case he'd take anything he could get.

He listened with interest and tucked the info away in the back of his mind. As if he would need it later.  And really you never really knew when you would need something.

Thade watched the ship enter Edanith's atmosphere and held onto the seats as it took ground. The awkward boner really was more from adrenaline and anticipation than anything else.  Not that he didn't appreciate the lovely shape in front of him. Only a blind idiot could ignore that. He glanced off to the side, the little ship darting between canyon crevices until the hiss of the landing gear pressed upon Edanith soil.

And when Thade saw where his ship was squished between just beneath the gouged crust of rockface, he was fuming inside. Truth be told he was seeing red, but he kept the handle on his emotions as he jumped from the hatch, following after Reva.  He wished he could snicker like she was, but the sheer insult to him was almost too much to take.  Frankly it looked like this ship was the sandwich being eaten by a hungry stone giant.  The crumpled metal only made Thade's heart pound furiously in his chest.

He said nothing to her, although he agreed with her point. Better to check the ship before they somehow transported the damn thing back to the Cancer. He had a feeling who did it, or who was involved if it wasn't them.  Thade stepped out toward the Vegas, the ship's carcass almost too much to bear as he squinted his eyes in the vision-obscuring smoke. The engine's were still intact, but the hull's damage did not leave it safe of maintaining a trip through hyperspace with anyone on board.   There was a panel exposed underneath, and the airlock was left open, clearly where the person on board had driven it and got out.

Reaching down, Thade pulled Lucy from it's holster and charged the coilgun with a quiet hiss, the hollow-pointed rounds poised to kill. Nothing looked particularly descript, the hatch was open and he stepped inside.  Aside from the smoke, after a few minutes of inspection, he found nothing inside.  It was completely empty.  Even his foodstuffs were gone. He sighed inwardly and emerged from the ship's carcass, shaking his head with a deep frown.

"Nothing. Empty. Looks like it's been picked clean too. It couldn't have been here long though," he said.  "FUCK!"  He just couldn't hold it inside anymore and he stared longingly at the Vegas. "I think it's safe to say you found a repeat customer, Reva."  Neon orange eyes flicked up to look at her.  And abruptly raised his gun, firing off a shot just passed her head.

A bluish bolt burst out from the coilgun, wrapped around the round and piercing into the body of the stalker behind her, exploding off the head and some of the shoulder and arm.  The coils kept their charge as another round entered the chamber and he pulled Desi out in the other hand, firing a laser round to another stalker coming around the other side of the ship.

These weren't Wasteland raiders, they were far too organized for that. They were well-concealed within the crevices of the canyons. They were covered in red-dyed attire, blending into the dirt and soil around them, faces covered in goggles, dust-masks, some of them appearing humanoid, and others not so much. It was hard to tell beneath their garments.

Thade dashed toward Reva, firing blindly behind them. There was no telling of their exact number. He ducked beneath the hull of her ship, scores of energy burning the hull of it.  Suddenly there was a pause in the firing, and something that sounded like a rock was thrown their way.  Three beeps.  That was all the warning they had before the pulse grenade went off and powerful volts of electricity exploded from it, arcing both into Thade and Reva, enough to shock their systems, and make everything go black.

Cheesigator

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 08:40:24 pm »
If the burning fury she had felt radiating from Thade was any indication, then this ship definitely meant more to him than he let on. There were some out there who got really attached to their vessels, if they even had more than one, and it was obvious Thade was of that type of mindset.

Reva waited around outside for a bit as he went inside to investigate, not because she was afraid, but because she figured it'd be best to give him a bit of space while he lamented the tragic fate of his precious ship. In the meantime she crossed her arms over her chest and looked around from her spot at the rest of the cavern. It was pretty cramped now with the two ships inside it, not much room to play around in.

She had just stepped up to inspect the exterior when Thade reemerged, non too happy either. Understandable.

She heard a noise behind her right as Thade shot. The charged bullet zipped past her head, singing a few stray hairs as she saw the person go down when hit. Immediately she jumped into action, her arms giving mechanical whirls and spins as they switched modes and a hole opened in the palm of each hand, shooting laser pulses as these strangers started poppin up from every nook and cranny--an ambush?

She got one that was aiming at Thade and followed his lead, darting back to her ship to take cover next to him. Shit she hadn't brought any of her big guns, what a mistake that had--

A clinking and beeping and she swung towards it, pushing it away with her mind as soon as her eyes landed on the emp grenade but unfortunately she caught it on the third beep. It exploded and her arms went down, the wave of electricity shocking her as she hit the ground, her vision hazy for a few moments, long enough to see the strangers swarming around them as everything went dark.

Well shit just got a lot more complicated, didn't it?

Offline Lion

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 09:28:48 pm »
Thade's head pulsed heavily and his arm throbbed with a heavy shot that went through his left arm, the arcs of voltage momentarily pulsating around it, as the pain radiated through his whole body. Inside his heart felt as if it was going to explode in the initial blast. Thankfully Reva had sent it away with her power, enough to only give them both some distance. It wasn't enough to save them however.

His vision vaguely remained and he could see dark shapes above him. Or he did before the end of a rifle butt slammed into his head and completed him into unconsciousness.

It must have been some hours later before they were woken up with buckets of icy water being dumped over both of their heads and Thade gasped as he was on his knees, with a post strapped behind him and his arms firmly bound with adamantium cuffs, and behind him, strapped to the same post was Reva.

"Wakey wakey!" a shrill voice called out and when Thade's eyes opened a first was firmly planted into his face, cutting into his lip.  His visioned whitened as he was now thoroughly awake and he looked down at his feet.  Bare feet, except for his left foot, and he wiggled his toes and now knew why rocks were digging into his ass.

"Where are my clothes?" he spat out groggily.  "Why...why did you have to get us both naked?"  It was more a gripe of it's sheer inconvenience than any embarrassment because of it. 

"To make sure ya didn't have any more fancy weapons." the person said. She had three arms, two on one side and she clearly wore the gun harness around her shoulders, grinning with a mouth full of razor teeth, and kept her goggles on.  "Ya two look like good meat. The boss'll be pleased.  He's comin' in shortly to inspect the goods.  Don't think of trying to escape. 'Cos I know yer kind always are. But them collars ya got on will keep ya in here nice and safe, kay? Unless ye want explosive headaches, I'd keep 'em on. They're mighty trendy. And don't part from from each other either."

She moved to Reva and gave her a good slap across the face to make sure she was conscious before stepping out.

"What the?" Thade murmured and looked at the cave ceiling above them. They were clearly underground, perhaps not far from the wreckage and firefight. He'd never seen this side of Edanith before. 

At least it was something to cross off his bucket list.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:31:29 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 11:21:06 pm »
When Reva woke up there were two things she noticed at first:

Number one, she was freezing and wet.
Number two, she was naked, freezing and wet.

She gasped as she came too, spluttering and shaking her head as droplets of cold water got into her eyes. Blinking blearily through it she heard the sound of a woman's voice and quickly came to understand their situation. What was more pressing than that however, was when she tried to move her arms, she found that they straight up weren't there.

She never kept arms connected, or at least not very strongly so, to her body--she preferred having the potential for an unnerving doll-like approach to the whole prosthetics thing. Considering she had telekinesis, it just made it that much more freaky when she removed her own arms to smack people with them when they were being assholes.

But that was different, when she removed them by choice, and when she had them taken away from her.

Instantly panic started bubbling and climbing up her throat from the pit of her stomach and the aches in her ribcage. She was armless, she was back in that fucking ship with those fucking bastards laughing and jeering and touching her and--

The slap to the face was actually welcome, it snapped her out of it and got her to focus.

She stared after the woman as she left the room, and shifted a little, looking down as best she could to assess her situation. They had wrapped her around the pole pretty tight, with her back up against it, ropes around her midsection and throat keeping her head up and back straight, but the rope under her small yet shapely breasts was pretty unnecessary. Her legs were curved and bent rather gracefully underneath her, and she had a feeling she'd been tied up like this not to be considered a dangerous captive, but more like a delectable gift. It made it difficult to suppress a gag.

"You really pissed off the wrong people, Thade." She growled with nothing short of absolute malice and fury burning white hot in her voice. "Just keep pissing them off more when they come back so I can figure out a way to get us out of here."

She hadn't been paying attention when the woman from earlier had been talking, but it was obvious that the collars around their necks would be explosive slave collars, all too common out in the boonies on Edanith. They were electronic locks, only able to be snapped off with a code, which wouldn't have been a problem... If she had her arms. If she could just get those back then these would be off in a jiffy and they could get the fuck outta here.

Offline Lion

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 12:44:29 am »
Thade was familiar with those slave collars all too well. He'd helped enhance a few here and there, some to small time crooks, and other to private transporters of intergalactic criminals. He normally didn't care what was in the crates as long as he got paid, but to be wearing one certainly made any trade in them poignant in the future.  It was a little hard to separate business from emotion when your neck was wrapped in one of these things.

He hissed and knew it was useless to fight against the cuffs that had him laid out there beside Reva. Even with the pole between them, this wasn't really a side of him he wanted her to see. He really wasn't into this bondage shit. Still, she gave sound advice and he glanced at her from over his shoulder.

"Not everyone's a happy customer," Thade sighed, controlling his breathing to keep any ounce of panic from getting out of check. "You know that well enough."  He felt the pulsing power of the collar, the energy wrapping around his neck was a little uncomfortable.  Sighing, he kept his neck craned backwards, leaning with his head against the post.  "But hell if I knew we'd be captured!"

A worthless apology. Sort of. But he said it anyway and after a few minutes of dripping wet and ignoring his...

"It's nice to see things don't really change Thade," Saidyr said with a laugh as he walked in. A flashing in his hands revealed the small hand-scythe he played with between his clawed hands, and the reptilian scales that peppered his arms. Nails flickered too in the faint electric lanterns that hunt from the walls and ceiling. It was enough of a reminder that these people had made a life for themselves down here.

Saidyr's reptilian eyes blinked, or would have, instead the second translucent slit slid over them and he hissed, flicking his tongue out to taste the air, admiring having these two meatbags as his new quarry.  "You just let yourself walk around like that don't you Thade? Boner out?  Filthy meat bag. But, you've got at least one good thing you've brought me. A little present from Galley La."  He sharpened his claws on the edge of the curve scythe.  And he flicked his tongue out to Reva, hissing and his long draconic features twisted into something that resembled a grin.

"You can suck it off with you want," Thade spat back, frowning and hawking up a loogie to spit at Saidyr's clawed feet. Which you might as well before you bite off more than you can chew.  I'll be using that blade shortly to cut your head off."  Thade scowled at the lizard man, who hissed back at him.  Thade was carefully pulling against the cuffs, only barely feeling some of metal bend as he did so.

"QUIET!" Saidyr growled. "You talk too much!"  His hand reached up to press Thade's face against the pole and his fingers sunk into his mouth to pluck out his tongue.  Another tongue flick and his hand raised the blade as if to cut it off.  Thade whipped his head away, biting down hard on the fingers and making Saidyr twist at the pain.  "You'll make a terrible slave, Thade. But good lunch. My other Stalkers are hungry for good meat!  I pay you to bring me guns! And you bring me rock-filled crates instead!"

"I don't double-cross on my dealings, Saidyr!  Bad for business. But business gets even worse  because that crazy bitch stole my fucking ship!  So I don't know what you're talking about, you scaly bastard," Thade sighed, exasperated by this whole conversation.  In fact, he was bored and he glanced back to Reva.

Whatever she had in mind now, he hoped she could make it snappy.  That blade was getting dangerously close to his junk.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:21:11 am by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 11:03:58 am »
Saidyr was another creature who only looked vaguely familiar--you have to understand, she dealt with hundreds of customers on a weekly basis, it was impossible to remember every single face that came in to Galley La. By the time you saw your third lizard man they all start to blend together, unless if you actually give a shit, which she didn't.

While Thade kept the lizard guy's attention by being generally unruly, she focused her attention span elsewhere, ignoring the creepy smile she'd gotten when she was described as a "gift." It'd be too easy to kill this fucker right here, but they needed to have an assured way out of their restraints first otherwise it didn't matter how clean she was about it. She looked around, and someone out in the other room seemed to knock a lamp, the light casting reflections off of her arms where they were in another room, laying on a table or something to be hawked later. The light flashing off of the gold and the silica gel encasing her hands was what drew her attention to them--she could see a finger sticking out of the pile of other wares on the table.

Bingo.

While Saidyr was busy threatening Thade's balls, she discreetly watched the other room out of the corner of her eye as she threw a wave of psychic energy at it; the table was knocked over, its surface falling towards her and Thade while all of its goods were spilled onto the floor, arms included. In the commotion she quickly pulled her arms from the loot, making it appear as if they had simply bounced and rolled towards them, stashing them into the shadows while Saidyr quickly jumped to attention, swearing as he left the room to go yell at his underlings while they all scrambled to figure out what happened.

Once he was out of the room her arms gravitated towards her, relocating themselves where they belonged at her shoulders and reaching up, blue LED lights turning on and glowing as their computing systems powered back on while she pressed the tip of each index finger to their collars. A small screen popped up in front of her as the computers worked to figure out the code to unlock the collars, and her breath caught in her throat as she kept her eyes on the doorway out into the den where everyone was still scrambling to pick everything up--and Saidyr appeared in the short hallway again, looking behind him as he snapped at his underlings. Shit shit shit they were running out of time--

Click-click.

HAH! YES! Right as Saidyr turned around the collars unlocked and dropped to the floor and Reva pointed the palm of one hand at him, hole opening in the center and glowing with the energy that radiated within. She couldn't fire off too many of these shots because these arms were small, not made for combat, and thus didn't have much plasma stored in them to shoot with, but he didn't know that.

"Well sir it's been a right fun time playing with you but unfortunately we have other things to do," Reva said calmly as she glanced over and found a pen on a table not too far from them and it lifted into the air; she looked back at Saidyr, keeping his attention while she snuck the small utensil around him nice and slow.

"I'd start listing off your mistakes and what you did wrong in this whole operation here but you're not going to live to use those lessons in your daily life so I suppose it doesn't matter."

The pen floated up directly behind his skull and with a sudden, surprising amount of force, pierced it and came all the way through, tearing through his brain and coming out on the other side, right in between his eyes where it dropped to the floor covered in blood and brain matter while he toppled to the floor. She used his momentum to her advantage and with another psychic force, shoved him so he landed out of view of the doorway so the underlings outside didn't even notice what happened.

With Saidyr's body crumpled and out of sight she pulled the hand scythe he'd been playing with earlier from his corpse and let it fly over, where she caught it and quickly cut through the ropes they'd both been tied up with.

She rolled nimbly onto her feet and glanced over at Thade when he stood as well, finding that yeah no Saidyr hadn't been joking about the boner thing. She stared at him for a moment before shaking her head and looking away--at least he got a nice view of her only a few select other people had seen. She quickly set to looking around the room to see if she could find their clothes but... No luck.

"Shit." She hissed under her breath, looking around and finding the room pretty barren of anything they could really use to cover up at all.

"Well it looks like we're going to be flashers for today's adventure." She grumbled; it just meant she'd have to be on point today with her powers, and her dull headache from being knocked out earlier wasn't helping.

There was a yell outside and she looked up right as someone aimed and shot a burst of charged bullets right at them--they stopped in mid-air, went flying back the way they came and shot the shooter instead. She shook her head, and with no more hesitation stepped out into the fray.

What else could they really do? Their clothes had to be out there, somewhere. Time to go find them.

Offline Lion

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 12:27:52 pm »
It wasn't every day that Thade made a useful distraction, and while it'd been fun at first making Saidyr seethe with rage, it got really old really fast. So he was grateful when Reva managed to distract him with throwing their 'found' goods all over the floor.  She dragged her arms into a dark corner and he raised his brows, failing to spy his guns among that pile  But right now it wasn't like he could use them.

He kept his mouth shut and just watched idly until a pen made a hole in Saidyr's brain.  "I woulda used that scythe to cut his head off," Thade whispered. It's no less than he deserved.  But arguing over the semantics on how their captor out to be killed. But now that they were free and in no real danger of having their heads blown up, he crouched by the lizard man's body.

Snatching the hand scythe from his cold-blooded fingers, Thade held it firmly now in his own hand and refocused his attention on getting out into the other room. It was too bad he didn't have any plasma cannons attached to his own metal arm and he smiled, impressed, at her own.

The bullets that would have ripped into them stopped mid-air and pierced the shooter and Thade followed after her. He took the gun from the downed Stalker and any remaining ammunition.  There wasn't any point in hiding now. They had to find their gear and that three-armed woman. Coming down the hallway had him focused, and he raised the gun as two came walking their way. He crouched by a wall, dropping and firing two rounds into his knees, and two into the chest, dropping him like a sack of potatoes.

In the room next to them, sat 8 of them, smoking and drinking over a game of Starkiller, and when the nearest one turned to Thade, he was swift with that hand-scythe, hacking at the ankles, severing a foot and bringing the blade up into a throat, turning the body in time to take a hail of bullets.

Cheesigator

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 12:56:37 pm »
Reva ignored Thade's comments--it'd be a little harder to have killed Saidyr without him squawking and making a fuss if she just took his scythe right from him. She'd wanted to give them as many moments of respite as possible, but that didn't matter now.

While Thade laid into the Stalkers, Reva busied herself with sorting through all of the loot, spotting everything of value and stuffing it into an empty duffel bag she found lying on the floor. She was just going to kill them all anyways, so might as well take their shit while she was at it. She grabbed the guns she'd seen Thade sporting earlier and made sure to stuff them in there as well. Still no clothes, though.

Suddenly she felt a pair of arms grabbing her from behind and she let out a surprised yelp as she was lifted off the floor by none other than the three-armed woman.

"Come here you little bitch!"

Reva snarled and twisted in the woman's arms, grabbing onto her goggles and yanking her head forward enough to wrap her metal arms around it and pull herself up, kicking the woman's arms away and jumping down, turning to swing a vicious right hook and socking her in the face, knocking her to the floor where Reva walked over, straddled the woman's hips and held her down with her telekinesis as she pulled the goggles off the bitch's head and stared down at her with cold fury burning in her pink eyes.

"Where are our clothes at?" She growled, and the woman responded merely by spitting at her, much like Thade had earlier. A few goons ran into the room and shot; their bullets went backwards and sprayed their brains on the walls as they all dropped like flies.

Reva reached up, wiped some of the spittle off her face and flicked it into the woman's eyes. "Wrong answer. I'll ask nicely one more time," She said as she reached forward, grabbing the third arm, holding the forearm in her left hand, and the bicep in her right, poised to rip it apart as she stared down at the woman.

"Where. Are. Our. Clothes?"

The woman stared at her for a second, struggling a little under Reva's psychic pressure, but ultimately finding herself unable to move.

"Up my ass."

Reva nodded slowly, looking away as if thoughtfully for a moment before she started pulling--at first nothing happened, as the muscles and tendons were stretched. The woman was gritting her teeth underneath the little cyborg, face red as she resisted. Then there was a popping, and Reva twisted each hand in a different direction.

With no warning whatsoever the arm finally split at the elbow, clothing and flesh tearing as blood erupted outwards in a spray that coated the floor, the area around them, and got all over the currently naked Reva. She didn't give a shit. The woman was letting out blood-curdling screams, and Reva smiled down at her.

"Yeah, thanks, call your goons over so I can kill the rest of them too." For good measure, she slapped the woman across the face with her own severed hand.

She didn't stop screaming, and as if on queue more of the members of this little criminal gang came pouring in from other rooms, shooting and firing after taking a moment to stare in horror at the sight before them--a small, naked young woman sitting on top of their second in command, covered in blood, holding said second's severed arm, while their usually fearless leader screamed hysterically underneath where Reva sat on her. Bullets went back, heads exploded.

Reva got off of the now two-armed woman, dropping her arm on the floor and stepping over her to start exploring, pausing a moment before looking at the bitch where she lay on the floor with her bloody stump arm.

"Still not feeling like talking?" Reva asked; the response she got was a cold and hateful glare, and a growled "Fuck you."

Reva's gaze went to the arm lying on the floor; the woman followed her gaze as it was lifted off the ground, and suddenly it was shoving itself into her mouth, stuffing itself further down and down until it had entered her throat, tearing it in the process as blood welled up around the corners of her mouth; she was left coughing, spluttering, and drowning/suffocating on her own severed limb, struggling as her arms were pulled up over her head and a rather heavy chunk of scrap metal was dropped on top of them, breaking and crushing them. Reva turned and left to go explore a few other rooms, stepping on and over the bodies of the underlings on the floor and leaving the woman to her fate as she struggled and choked to death on her own arm.

If Reva had any sense of humor she could've made a comment that it really looked like she could use a hand right now, but she wasn't exactly the joking type. Time to go find her shit, and hope they hadn't tampered with her ship too much.

When she and Thade finally met up again, she tossed him the pile of his clothes and the duffel bag from earlier, zipping up her bodysuit just in time for him to see the blood smeared across her torso disappear under the white fabric as she zipped it up to her collarbone.

"Think I found most of our shit, any wounds?" She was rather unamused, but not burning with that same rage earlier, so at least she wasn't tearing him apart limb from limb or anything. Yet.

Offline Lion

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 03:26:29 pm »
Thade was busy making a mess of his own.  And when he ran out of bullets, he'd made short use of one of their guns with shoving it down one stalker's throats and throwing up a table to block the stampede of four on his left, two more on his right. He didn't have the advantage of telekinetic powers to reverse bullets, but he could tear people's arms off well enough on his own.

His fist broke a skull and his metal hand had another Stalker by the face, using it to pivot his body in the way of flying knives and promptly slammed his head into the wall, the bones cracking like an eggshell and splattering grey matter against the red earth. Thade had only been focusing on two more to his left, and one managed to sneak behind him and pulled a knife from his boot, sinking it into Thade's right ribs.

He screamed, twisting around and hooking the hand-scythe around the stalker's wrist, twisting the blade and hacking it off.  Blood painted the walls and Thade was done with these fools and he closed the distance between them seeing red, and pulling the blade from his side. He didn't let the other two even breath before he took one and shot his left fist through his midsection, lifting them into the air and beating the other one with his friend until they were both inert in a mess of meat and crunched bones.

He grunted at the pain in his side, and took a piece of fabric from one of the others and wrapped it around his waist to bind the wound. There wasn't any point in examining it further and he emerged back into the hallway.  It was good to know she wasn't out here playing patty cake. Not that he'd ever accuse Reva of such a thing.

She didn't mess around, and he could appreciate that notion. Neither did he when his life was on the line. You could always see the truest self of an individual by how they responded to conflict. In the face of odds like these, her bloodied self said more than she did.

Thade gazed her, expressionless, but his eyes seemed almost primal, and he could feel the traces of rage she left behind. Her mess was much bigger than his. 

"Just a flesh wound," he muttered, indicating his wrapped side. "I'll be fine."

A few minutes of wiping down and minding his side, he redressed and restrapped his holster over his shoulders, taken from the three armed woman's corpse, and he held Desi and Lucy firmly in each hand, charging the coilgun and motioning her to follow him.  The network of caves could extend in every direction for miles on end, but he doubted Saidyr would go through all that trouble to drag them too far away.

As they ventured further into the caves, Thade kept his guns loaded, crouching and keeping himself low as he rounded a corner and fired Desi pointblank into a stalker's side, tearing a hole through them horizontally. He overstepped the body and saw where cargo was being pulled in with crates and many more.  Seemed just about right.  "Looks like that's your ship just over there.  And the Vegas totaled at the other end. I guess that cavern was a hangar of some kind," he nodded to her.

There were scores of stalkers checking out their new quarries, one of them plasma-cutting panels from the side of Reva's ship, and the other pulling metal from the Vegas and tossing scraps into a pile.  He growled inwardly at the audacity and spat a bloodied wad of saliva to the side of them.  "You lead with that telekinesis of yours.  Tip the Vegas, crush 'em if you can. I'll be your back up.  We head to your ship before they tear it completely to shreds.  Still space-worthy but not for much longer. I'm ready when you are."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:29:24 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

Re: Sympathy for a Devil [M] (Cheesi!)
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
Reva's pink gaze moved down to look at the wound he held on his side, but he insisted it was nothing and so she didn't linger on the matter any more than he did.

Once they were both suited back up and ready to go, it was time to go exploring once again. Thade seemed quite fond of his guns, and Reva held a rather rudimentary sawed off shotgun she'd pilfered from one of her victims; she was small but she knew how to brace herself and used it well, all things considered, when she wasn't just throwing people around left and right with her mind powers.

Don't get her wrong, she was still a very grumpy bitch right now.

As they wandered through the dusty redstone cavern system, she noticed that, despite the lack of sunlight, there was also a significant lack of airflow that made this place rather stuffy and left her with a light sheen of sweat on her skin, making her bloody hair cling to her face. She reached up and wiped some of the formerly three-armed woman's blood off of her face where it had dried and crusted up in a diagonal pattern from her chin, across her nose and over her right eye. She had red dirt and sand in her suit, itchy and uncomfortable from when she'd been naked earlier, and on the bottoms of her feet. Gods. She wanted a fucking shower as soon as they got out of here.

As they reached the end of a tunnel that opened out into a hangar, she heard the familiar sounds of the melting and sparking of metal and her heart jumped up into her throat as they rounded the corner and she saw her ship being dismantled.

"Still space-worthy but not for much longer. I'm ready when you are,"

That didn't even get to finish his train of thought and things were already turning crazy. Giant chunks of the Vegas' hull lifted from the scrap pile as she walked right out, hands clenching into fists as she saw red. She hurled the chunks of scrap metal at the men who were now yelling and screaming and firing at her; one stalker was crushed, another cleaved right in half by a 10x12 hunk of metal sheet which she rolled up like it was a fucking newspaper and started beating the others to death with like a game of goddamn whack-a-mole. One man managed to fire a shot that actually cut into her leg; her response was to throw an arm out, reaching towards him and using it conduct her focus as if she were a Jedi knight; there was a split second of resistance before his body went hurtling towards her; she caught him mid-air by his skull , crushed it in her iron grip and threw him down, in sync with the sheet of metal squashing the last remaining stalker, so hard that both impacts cracked the ground and made the earth shudder.

The cavern grew deathly quiet as her mind dropped the piece of metal; it rolled a bit before it went as still and lifeless as the bodies littered around them, and the only noise was her heavy breaths as she panted.

For good measure she balled up her hand into a fist again and punched the man's body by her feet so hard it ruptured and exploded, blood and guts flying outward from where she hit him in the gut and coating herself and the rocky ground with a satisfying splatter. She was still trembling with fury, though. She wished she hadn't killed them all so fast because that was HER MOTHERFUCKING STAR RACER SHE'D JUST POLISHED IT LAST WEEK.

She walked up to her ship, reaching up and touching its left reactor, looking at the damages before she let out a breath and let her forehead hit the metal with an echoing metallic th-wang. She took a moment to breathe, calm herself down and focus on what to do next.

Well, first things first.

She went to the Vegas and paused for a moment, turning to point a finger at Thade as she growled with an underlying anger that may or may not have been meant for him, "Stay here."

Then she crawled in through the airlock, and did her best to make her way to where the tracker was buried deep inside the crumpled cockpit. Thade would hear the echoes of metal crunching and bending as parts of the ship's hull were pushed more or less back into its original shape from the inside out so she could make her way further in until she reached the cockpit. Once inside she found the tracker, plopped her ass down on the crumpled pilot's chair and got to work reactivating it and setting it up properly.

She wouldn't be here right now if this fucking moron knew how to read A FUCKING MANUAL. She wouldn't be here covered in blood and sweat and dirt and gods know what else IF HE COULD FUCKING. READ. LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON.

She snarled as she held an arm up, a hologram screen coming up as the tracker synced up with her. Fine. Great. Fucking fantastic. All systems are go.

She came back out of the ship, hopping down to the ground outside and pressing buttons and keys on the screen as she walked away. There was a small whirring sound from inside the ship, and then it dematerialized as it was teleported away by the tracker.

Reva then set to work, with absolutely no words said to Thade, on fixing her fucking ship so they could get out of here. She called a contact she pulled up on her screen, and an even stranger-looking-than-Reva woman answered on the video call on the other end.

"Boss, Thade Olyphant's ship is coming to you in Hangar 2. It's a fucking wreck, don't touch anything yet, he hasn't paid us for any repairs." She said, hunks of metal taken from her own ship floating behind her to reattach themselves in their proper places as she used pieces of the Vegas left behind to mend weld things together for the time being. All of it would have to be replaced, just fucking great.

"Hoooooo shit Reva you look... You look a right hot mess." Her boss spoke up on the other end, rubbing her face in a state of minor disbelief. "You never get that fucked up. Party too hard?"

Reva just threw a death glare at the screen that instantly made the alien hold up her hands in surrender as she laughed.

"A'ight a'ight, what about the customer, how's he doin'?"

"Got stabbed. Says he'll be fine. We'll be back tomorrow, I'm taking him into the city so we can get cleaned up." She grumbled, and Belliel nodded on the other end.

"Sounds good--no more partying today, yeah?"
"Yeah."

Reva hung up the call and put a hand on her ship, leaning against it as she wiped some of the grime off her face with her free hand, tools floating behind her, almost like the ship was literally repairing itself, because of her psychic powers. After this though... They were going to a fucking nice-ass five star hotel room and she was going to soak in the bath and not use her mind for another goddamn thing because her head hurt. Like a sunuvabitch.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:04:50 pm by Cheesigator »

Offline Lion

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 05:22:18 pm »
In the midst of it all, Thade had just watched her do all the work. It was somewhat entertaining, seeing those stalkers cleaved in half, brought low and driven into the dirt.  They weren't much more than a nuisance to others here on Edanith, more of a nuisance than anything. So when she went about preparing the Vegas for transport, he sat there and holstered his guns again, leaning against a stack of crates, arms cross over his chest as she set to work.

The sheer anger inside of her was nigh insurmountable, and he quietly observed her. Yes it had been his fault he failed to put the tracker in properly.  But he wasn't going to let her lord it over him, and even with her direction to not move, he took out a smoke from one of the pockets they hadn't rummaged through and took a long drag from the thing.

As far as stress reliefs went, there were certainly worse ones.

"Let's go," was all he said, half irritated. Not sure who it was more about though.  Likely just the whole situation in general and how much it would cost him in the end.  If only's never fixed anything. Only doing right in its after math.

He climbed back into Reva's ship, taking his place in the back and he sighed.  Once the ship was ready to go and they were back in the air out of the canyon hangar. He wasn't going to apologize anymore, she likely didn't want to hear it.  So he kept silent, just watching her and following along like the dog he was.

His side ached like a bitch, and he had over estimated how much damage that stab bad done. Tasting his blood probably wasn't a good sign.  Checking the purpling of his skin around the wound made him cringe.  "Where are we going? Tynova?" he mumbled, clearing his throat to keep the pain from getting to him.  "You look lovely by the way. Especially when you're pissed."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:24:24 pm by Lion »

Cheesigator

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 05:56:13 pm »
As she hammered out the finishing repairs, Thade decided to get a little snippy and impatient, climbing back up into her star racer and making her grit her teeth. Fuck.

She was an inch, literally an inch, away from smacking the shit out of him, too.

She glanced back toward the network cavern system they'd left behind, before shrugging it off and figuring that eh, she could always send some workers here to come take the loot later. She messaged the coordinates to Belliel and passed that thought along as she climbed back up into her ship.

Internally, there was little to nothing that had been tampered with. She didn't keep any valuables on board that weren't on her person, and she'd recovered that already.

Climbing into the pilot seat, she sat down and glanced down at the bullet wound stinging the outside of her thigh. Paying no more attention to it, she revved the engines and pulled the small craft back out into the open canyon, growling as she had to compensate for the slightest offsets now in balance. Fuck. She wished she could kill those fuckers twice. Or three times even. That'd be nice.

She glanced over her shoulder at Thade; even she could smell the blood in the air. She'd figured earlier that that wound of his was worse off than he thought but hey if he wanted to play Mr Macho Man that wasn't any of her business. She turned back around to the front, guiding the ship out of the canyons and back up to the surface.

"Yeah, we're going to Tynova. We'll be staying the night there, which I should think you don't have any objections to, given all that blood you're losing there, Thade. We'll head back to Cancer in the morning."

Tynova itself was a rather large city that Reva used to be far more familiar with than she currently was, when she'd worked here on Edanith several years ago. She'd never minded it, rather she liked it far more than any place in Aedolis by comparison. Gods she hated Aedolis.

She pulled up the city of Tynova on her ship's mapping system and found that they were surprisingly not as far away as she'd initially thought. Good, cause this bright sunlight was giving her a headache, although night would be falling relatively soon. She relished the thought of a bath and a nice warm bed.

Reva drove her racer right into the city, with little fear of their government or police, despite the fact that she was a psychic--she was still known here, not famously, but through repeated visits and her own little network of people and customers she could comfortably fall back on when situations required it, like this one right now. She opened up a comm link with one of the most prestigious hotels in the city, placing a reservation like it was nothing and sighing as the racer was parked in the hotel's garage; she'd never liked the idea of letting a hotel worker park it for her.

When they exited they were greeted by a friendly woman who worked in guest services; she spoke with Reva by name and looked at Thade in horror--Reva assured her he'd be fine before she could ask the question, and the two of them were led inside to a suite on one of the top floors--a suite with a hot tub.

Reva's network of contacts stretched by far and wide, indeed.

The young woman, named Sara, left them shortly after showing them their room, leaving the two cyborgs to their own devices. Reva looked at Thade and pushed him down into the rather spacious bathroom and onto the edge of the hot tub, making a motion with her hand that mimicked the idea of what she said to him.

"Come on, shirt off. Let's see what the damage is." She said with a look of annoyance and exasperation. "If you get any blood stains in here it'll be a pain in the ass for me to pay for later. Actually, scratch that--you'll pay for it."

Once his shirt was off she immediately set to inspecting his wounds, grabbing paper towels and a first aid kit by the mirror and shower which were on the other side of the room, away from the floor-to-ceiling windows that looked down on the entire city of Tynova. This room likely cost a fortune. She set to cleaning up and disinfecting his wound, the slice on her own thigh largely inconsequential in comparison.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal