Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Damn Good Times! (Winkle)  (Read 645 times)

Offline Nix

Damn Good Times! (Winkle)
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:29:49 pm »
Another night. Most nights were pretty similar for Maygen Shrayd, and The Piss Hole always did good business. Both bars technically. The joint was a narrow hole in the wall sort of establishment but what it lacked in width it made up for in depth. The narrow bar went back pretty far, the darkest corners and area back by the bar itself were unseen by anyone outside the joint. It didn't exactly look welcoming but it was a well known hub of information and dealings on the Cancer, and if you knew where it was, chances were you were going in for more than a drink.

Of course not all of the bar's patrons were shady. Captain Chapel Meridia himself had been known to stop by for a drink on occasion. Peace keepers as well. But it was usually a safe place to mind your own business... and if you wanted to just drink and have a good time the upstairs bar would be more your speed.

As apposed to the main bar on the lower floor, the upstairs bar which sported its own entrance as well as access from the main floor establishment, was a bit brighter by Canceran standards and looked newer too. It was easier to find, and oddly not as narrow as its lower floor counterpart, but also not as deep. Both bars shared the same name, staff and owner- but it was rare for Maygen himself to work the upstairs bar.

Nah. He liked the old piece of shit bar and its clientele. It suited him, and he was master of his domain down here. He let his employees handle the upstairs, even if it was more lucrative on the books.

Tonight was a little slower than most. A few deals going down at some of the tables from what Gen could tell, no one seemed in a bad mood- if their alcohol consumption was any indication, and in his experience it usually was. He finished drying some glasses as the only waitress he had on staff tonight ran a few drinks to one of the tables and he checked the cameras at the upstairs bar from his communicator. Busier up there, some familiar faces, couple of guys getting a bit rowdy. Nothing his staff couldn't handle.

Just another night.

Offline Winkle

Re: Damn Good Times! (Winkle)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 12:36:58 am »
Cal drank more than the hard liquor in his glass. He drank in the atmosphere and the stale musty smell. The low buzz of murmured conversations, laughter and rowdiness mingled in his ears. It grounded him here.away from the frustrations of his fiscal problems. Haven needed fuel, his docking pass needed renewal and damn if he wasn't nearly broke. Once again his eyes wandered to the bar. There he saw Gen, owner of this fine establishment and proprietor of information.  "Time to make a deal with the devil" He muttered to himself. He'd only worked two jobs for the man and the second had earned him the scar on his face.

As he stood he downed the remnants of his drink. Cal paused for a brief moment, checked himself over then continued forward. If you lost something in Cancer there was no getting it back. At least not without a hefty finders fee. He approached the bar and sat infront of the barkeep. Placing his empty glass on the counter he pushed it towards the man behind it. "So Gen still keeping The Piss Hole runnin' I see." A light smile made its way to his lips. That name, it was just too perfect.

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:11:21 am »
Gen grinned as Cal finally approached the bar, he had noticed the former red as soon as he walked in but didn't say anything. "Heh. Of course. Still runnin' still drainin'... oh you mean the bar. Her too." He chuckled feigning stupidity for a brief moment. "Thought you weren't even gonna say hello to me Cal." Gen didn't bother asking if the man wanted another. He cleared the glass off the counter and set up a clean one, fixing Cal another of his poison.

"How's the freelance life treatin' ya? Things more interestin' out in the black?" He asked as his shit eating grin lessened to a small tug at the corners of his mouth. Somehow his expression barely seemed to change. He pushed the new glass over to Cal and looked him over good, his eyes sizing Cal up without asking another question.

Offline Winkle

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 01:04:51 am »
He chuckled at Gen's joke and took the offered drink. He took swig of the robust drink. The strong alcohol burned a trail down his gullet and settled into a smoldering fire in his gut. "Well, I've been lost, shot at, robbed and thus forced to rob back. So no different than a Tuesday afternoon here on Cancer."  He took another swig. "But like livin' here, for all its faults I love it. The freedom, the excitement, the places, the booze and the god damn women. The women alone make it worth while." A lustful glint shone in his eyes for but a second. He left out a small laugh. "I'm getting ahead of myself. Before we talk women, mind if we talk business? Cuz I 'could use a bit of a cash injection in the near future. I know You've got your usual you like. But," with one last swig he finished his drink. "if you had an extra job waiting to be done." He stayed relaxed, keeping the casual air about them. There was no need to draw unwanted eyes with a sudden shift of the jovial atmosphere.

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 10:24:12 pm »
Gen would have loved to hear some tales of conquest and beautiful women but the shift in conversation turned him serious. His expression didn't change much, just his eyes, that smile seemed tattooed on his face. Damn. If Cal had stopped in a few weeks back... nah Gen still would have had to throw Val to the wolves.

The former red was one of the few outside his actual staff that he might actually trust with the real important work. Of course some work was too important to trust anyone with. Maygen scratched his scruff for a moment and grinned at Cal.

"I ain't got anything first hand at the moment but... I know some work." If Maygen Shrayd was brokering work for another party it was not on the up and up. "...you heard of Avantius Amalgan?"

Amalgan was very well known, in the right circles, most notably for his highly controversial collection. Another man not to be messed with. "Was gunna send Adahd on the job but.. her temperament makes her ill suited for pleasantries." Gen said nodding his head towards the thick and fierce looking waitress. "But yer a civil guy ain'tcha Cal?" That smirk again.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:24:56 pm by Nix »

Offline Winkle

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 01:41:31 pm »
There was a shift in the air about Cal. Gone was the lax demeanor. In its stead was an air of sophistication, of nobility and pride. "Civility is but a state of mind. Civility can be doctored. Nobility, aristocracy, those cannot be forged. Those imbue one with sophistication and pride." His voice was haughty and arrogant. Then as if a switch had been flipped he returned to normal with an airy laugh escaping his lips. "With the right incentive I can be whatever I need to be. You know where to send the information we can figure out the details later. Now another drink and let me tell you of some of my more... interesting exploits with the opposite sex."

Cal spoke at great length of two sister of a race he could not remember. Their skin green in hue, the strange raised ridged that formed patterns along said skin. Sensual curves an toned muscles. Of their flexibility and how they had forced him to use his magic to keep his "flag at full staff" during their long encounter. Of his fondness of Alterians and their deep copper skin that was akin to the softest and smoothest of leather. He went spilled everything he could remember. It was too long removed since he had sat down and chatted with someone at length. Even with a jump drive a ship was lonely when traversing the void. The strong alcohol aided in his loose lips but he could remove its effects with a spell of his healing magic if he was inclined to.

"That my friend was a few of the happy endings I've found in my journey. Plenty other stories I'd rather not talk about though. Too damn embarrassing to tell. So what about you. Bars looking as shit-tastic as ever. Anything interesting happen around here? Just got back from a six month stint 'round the system."

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:11:27 pm by Winkle »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal