Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 34785 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #420 on: January 08, 2016, 10:18:48 am »
"Of course you can. You can customize aaaanything these days," Jewel said, before downing what was left of her drink.  "But I'm not picky! I just want the experience, so I don't even care if all that's here is a baby shit green one! Let's do this!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #421 on: January 08, 2016, 11:26:00 am »
Jesse smiled at Jewel's eagerness, and he took the cable and put it back into his jacket. Just like at the previous bar, he paid by pulling up a hologram on his wristpad and he stood up.

"Alright, let's get goin'," he said, and offered his arm.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2016, 10:17:20 am »
Rising to her feet, Jewel happily linked her arm with his and tugged him along toward the exit.

"Got any other business you gotta do?" she asked as they went. Some small part of her was still a little anxious to be here, just in case there were more plants hiding somewhere (what could she say? She was paranoid), and Jesse's ship had become a sort of safe space. In space.

Haaaah.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #423 on: February 22, 2016, 12:21:49 pm »
"Well, 'part from gettin' you your cable, I'd say that we're done here," Jesse said.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2016, 06:47:23 pm »
"Sweeeet! Then let's rock and roll and test this baby out!" Jewel said as she dragged him along.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »
Gods, Jewel certainly did walk like a city girl. Not that people in Cancer didn't walk fast either, but Jesse had always been more of a "moseyer" than a "walker".

He was happy to keep pace, though. Something about the girl's energy was just so contagious, and Jesse couldn't help but get swept up by it.

"So, How come a hip lookin' girl like yourself never heard of the SenseNet? They not have it on Edanith?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2016, 10:56:00 pm »
"I mean, they probably do in the counter-culture underground, but like...it's different there. Body mods ain't smiled upon. Like, even fucking tats and piercings get ya looked at like some kinda criminal. And cyborgs? Forget it. Pretty sure they'd think you're a freaking cyborg with a plug like this."

And then Jewel paused, eyes going wide, and cut a look at Jesse. "Does this make me a cyborg?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2016, 11:07:56 pm »
"Ah, that explains it," Jesse said, nodding along at Jewel's explanation.

"I mean, technically... yeah. You're a cyborg now," Jesse said.

"Got a data port in the back of your skull and everythin'."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #428 on: May 10, 2016, 04:33:20 pm »
"Dude, AWESOME! I'm fuckin' metal! Literally!" Jewel laughed, pumping her fist.

"But man. If my folks knew, they'd be rolling in their graves. Except they're very much alive. Except knowing would probably give them heart attacks, and the they'd start rolling."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #429 on: May 10, 2016, 04:38:47 pm »
"It'd be pretty awkward, gettin' em into their graves. What with all the rolling they'll be doing."

Even then, his expression straightened out a bit.

"Jewel, do they know what you've gotten yourself into?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #430 on: May 10, 2016, 04:41:33 pm »
"Ummmm..."

Jewel let out a discreet cough. "You want the truth or the lie?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2016, 04:57:06 pm »
"I don't think I need to hear either to know," Jesse said.

He stopped, although he didn't unlink their arms.

"You owe it to them to let them know you're safe. Ain't nothin' terrify a mother more than her kid just going missing."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #432 on: May 10, 2016, 07:19:44 pm »
Jewel winced at that, averting her eyes to the ground.

"I planned on calling them," she said quietly. "Like from the space station or something. But like...they probably already know what's up."

She finally looked at Jesse again, her voice kept low, just above a whisper. "I got reported. Got reported as a mage. That's why I had to scram. The police have probably already contacted them. Probably to make sure they weren't harboring me, or squeeze info out of them as to where I might be..."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #433 on: May 10, 2016, 07:24:52 pm »
"Oh," Jesse said, and at the news that she wasn't just a runaway, but a fugitive, he glanced about.

"Well, perhaps callin' em's not the best option. They probably got their line tapped."

He gave her arm a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't fret about it. You can call 'em from the ship. Direct orbital transmissions can't be traced."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #434 on: May 10, 2016, 07:37:22 pm »
"They can't?" Jewel said, and let out a low sigh of relief.

"Okay. That's good. That's real--uh...hey, so...you're not like...weirded out or anything?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #435 on: May 10, 2016, 07:47:20 pm »
"No, why would I be?" Jesse said.

"In my line o' work, I'm always on that legal boundary. Besides, I'm from Cancer, so I'm used to it."

They were back in the docking area now.

"Lookin' forward to jacking in for the first time?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #436 on: May 10, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »
Another sigh of relief, and Jewel raised her eyes again to see they were almost back to Jesse's ship.

"Of course I'm excited," she said, happy to be off that awkward subject. She'd mentioned a "they", but it was really just her mom she was worried about. Her father...that was a wrought subject.

"I've never done it before, and I've got really no clue what to expect except sheer awesomeness from the sound of things!"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #437 on: May 10, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »
"It's gonna take you some getting used to, not gonna lie. You're gonna love it once you pick it up."

The door to the boarding tube opened in front of them, and he stepped through.

"It's really gonna change everything."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #438 on: May 13, 2016, 09:40:04 am »
"Eeeeverything, eh?" Jewel said as she stepped through, and let Jesse lead the way back to the ship.

"You're setting my expectations pretty high here, bro."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #439 on: May 13, 2016, 10:01:31 am »
"Well, they're right about where mine was when I first jacked in," Jesse said, and he finally unlinked their arms to open the door that led back into his ship.

The Lindy-Lou smelled fresher on the inside, having recieved an oxygen refill and getting an overall cleaning by his robots while they were out and about on the station. Apart from that, the ship's food supplies were also replenished, and there were a few small boxes sitting around in the main room, which was located just past the small airlock that led to the docking tube.

"Got some plants. Figured you'd want to arrange 'em yerself," Jesse said, looking to Jewel.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal