Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Open Roleplay Idea  (Read 4140 times)

Stardancer

Open Roleplay Idea
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:32:19 pm »
Just playing around with an idea of sorts here, hoping to garner some interest for this. If not, well it was worth a shot. My idea is basically this:

There are three small planets which orbit a single star somewhere in the universe. Where in relation to canon lore, it doesn't matter, as this is open rp. People can make one or more characters that live on any of these planets, or they can be a wanderer character, traveling between them. Information on each is below and is just a basic start, therefore not a fully fleshed out concept.

Drorth:
The red planet of Drorth consists of mostly desert terrain, the total diameter of the world averaging about 5,200 km. Water is scarce here, but there are rumored to be small hidden underground pockets of water sources if one were to look hard enough. Cacti is abundant aplenty here, and maybe some hardy weeds. Types of characters that are most likely to thrive here are reptilian creatures, be they humanoid or beast-like. But you are definitely not limited to this. While the majority of the land is desert (about 90%), there could also be other kinds of terrain, depending on where one goes in the world. Characters that live here would most likely be suited to a harsh, desert climate and be hunter-gatherers, living off the land from whatever they can scavenge.

Auvis:
The blue planet of Auvis is completely made up of water, measuring a total diameter of 6,250 km (roughly half the size of our earth). Aquatic/water-based creatures and characters would be best here. Many kinds of aquatic plants thrive in this environment, along with many colorful fish, whales and other types of watery life. Characters such as mermaids, sirens, sea elves, water fairies, kelpies, selkies, and custom-made aquatic races of your own creation would be great here.

Otrara:
The gray planet of Otrara is a rocky, dry, craggy world, measuring in diameter of about 2,300 km (about the size of Pluto). While water is slightly more plentiful here than on Drorth, in the form of tiny ponds and lakes and such, there are no oceans or seas to be found. It is not a world-wide resource, so characters would have to make do with what little is available. Most of the land, apart from very small bodies of water, consists of dry rock and earth with little vegetation. Some weeds and grasses may grow in places, but it is not that common. Trees are pretty much unheard of here. Characters that can live here would be more varied than the other two worlds listed above, for example, dwarves, elves and humans, and perhaps some gnomes and giants, as well as whatever else you want. Aquatic characters obviously wouldn't work that well. This planet is the smallest of the three, and would be considered a dwarf planet or planetoid.

Obviously this can be expanded upon if there's any interest, but I mainly just posted this to scratch a creative itch, whether or not this actually goes anywhere remains to be seen. I also don't care whether this is scientifically accurate or not as I'm sure it isn't, but considering this is fantasy sci-fi, anything goes really.

Comments would be nice, especially if you have anything to contribute.

Aurora

Re: Open Roleplay Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 01:01:59 pm »
I can definitely see this becoming a series of threads! I could create a new character just to live on one of those planets but I think it could be possible that Aedolis sent Andronikos to scout out the planets or something like that. That being said, I would love to be help play this out.

Stardancer

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 05:01:24 pm »
Thanks for replying! Either or is great, or you could do both. Andronikos looks like a good candidate to jump in here, although I would suggest an alternate timeline for him since this is open roleplay and not actually canon. But that's up to you.

I'd like to see who else shows interest, perhaps one or two more at least, and then perhaps we can get something going here. And any threads done in this particular setting can be created by anyone, of course. And feel free to add in any information or ideas of your own, if you've got some. ;) What I have is just a generic guideline.

I hope more will show interest. Not sure if I should tweak some of my SOTE characters for this or make new ones, hmmm... Or I could simply just use some of my ROTE characters, and tweak them. I'll decide that later if more post here.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:26:30 am »
I could make a couple of characters.

Some aquatic beings could work well such as a mermaid/ siren or aquatic elf.

Something for the desert sounds good too ^^
Yea I think I have some ideas
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Flood

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 09:48:47 am »
It feels a little awkward to reply at this date, but I don't care. You had me at...
Blue.
Aquatic stuff, and of course space, have been longtime passions of mine. I could see my robot guy going around these worlds to go be Wall-E and dig up some valuable resources or search for any information. Or to go deep down in a lot of painfully pressurized water and pet catfish, I 'unno. I'd also love to place Kotathe on the desert world. Ugh, I could write so many ideas, but popping my head like that would make this post messy. Real messy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:53:09 pm by Flood »

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »
would not want a bloody mess now would we :P

of course you are not limited into making one character though, I assume there will be three seperate threads at the least? (one for each planet?)

Could also give it an interstellar twist or something like Starbound even
Starbound being where you leave your homeplanet in an escape vehecle. Broken it arrives in a solar system. Slowly you upgrade your ship, build a home and a way of living.

Interstellar... a bit harder to explain but basicly involved the 4th dimension or something and earth slowly becoming unable to live on. A team is then looking for other inhabitable planets.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:17:52 pm »
All neat ideas! Glad there's some more interest in this. And yes, there will be separate threads for each planet (or whatever works really). Perhaps in the thread titles, we could put what world it takes place on in parentheses so it doesn't get confusing. Like, for example, 'Blue Explorations (Auvis)'. 'Desert Raiders of the North (Drorth)'. 'A Rocky Beginning (Otrara)'. Or something.

And I think I'm gonna tweak a few of my SOTE characters for this. Right off the top of my head, I could ROTE-inize my mermaid Turquoise and my sea elf Lorelei for the world of Auvis. For Drorth, I want to make a human desert warrior character. And for Otrara, perhaps some kind of gnome craftsman. The last two are not on SOTE (yet) but soon, soon... Here though, these characters of mine will only be used for this Open RP setting I initially proposed.

But yeah, make/tweak whatever characters and number of you want!

Stardancer

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 10:21:41 pm »
I also could bring my 3 alien characters and my flameling character into the setting here as well, but I'd likely need to give them alternate timelines as opposed to canon timelines. Just my personal preference though. Gonna think on it some more.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 11:02:33 pm »
I think I will make a mermaid (or two) Some aquatic elves for the water planet.

for the desert one I will make a humanoid bunny mercenary/ hunter kind of thing and maybe a galatic traveler.

Stardancer

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 12:18:26 am »
Make all the characters! :D Fun, fun. ;)

Let me know when you get one or more characters up and we can plan out a thread or two to start with. I also need to tweak mine though, so no rush to do so with yours.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 12:22:07 am »
working on my bunny now :)

Stardancer

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 12:54:44 am »
Yay! :)

I think Turquoise and Lorelei will be the first ones I RP for this. Then I'll do the others later.

Stardancer

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 06:36:57 pm »
I can start a thread for the Auvis world if you want to, Silmeria? So far the only really established kingdom/location on the water planet is Greenwaves, where my character Turquoise lives. It's a big kingdom, but as of now I don't know just how big, so feel free to make up any locations of your own that you would like to see.

Then next we can get started on the red planet of Drorth and RP there.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 11:44:23 pm »
They could come from the same city ;) Aquatic elves and other creatures need a place to live too right? :P

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 11:50:48 pm »
xD just read the profile; its multiracial. yay ^^

Stardancer

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 09:48:16 pm »
Meria and Turquoise can definitely be from the same kingdom. I was leaving that decision up to you, of course. Something I thought about in terms of kingdoms: while Greenwaves is multi-racial, others could be comprised of only one species. For example, a kingdom of water dragons or some amphibious race of creatures perhaps. But they would be smaller in scope.

Other landmarks of note could be:

-The Blue Boneyard
-The Reeds of Snaking Green
-Emerald Cove
-Shark Tooth Pass

And others... Add some of your own if you'd like. :)

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 12:12:21 am »
I will with the passage of time ^^

Already glad by the way you did not mind the water trade I put on Vivian's profile :P
Of course Drorth will not suddenly flourish into a rainforest that way but adding small (underground) ponds, figured it could perhaps be done ^^

Would perhaps a small landing dock in the water planet (no more then two or three small transport ships could dock there tough) be useful there for potentional trade?

Stardancer

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »
No worries, it's fine. :)

Answering your question, the answer is possibly. Although outsiders would have most likely built it though for that reason. If there wasn't, it wouldn't be feasible for other people and beings from different planets to arrive there, so I guess there may need to be one. But yeah, if you can add to this idea more, feel free. :)

Offline Jounin

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 11:32:08 pm »
Hey! I'd like to join I've made a character for Drorth, Sobrik who is a chieftain for the Agnar (The reptile people) and I put some lore about their race if that's ok.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:21:55 am by Jounin »

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 11:34:28 pm »
Yay more people :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal