Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A bunch of Wastelands plot ideas! a.k.a. Anyone want to rp in the Wastelands?  (Read 292 times)

Rising

Exactly what it says on the tin! Well, kind of, these aren't really developed enough to be entire plot ideas, just plot starters. :) I also like the idea of investigating the issue of dragons, but I don't have any idea how to approach it. This is just random stuff from my brain, I'd be happy to rp whatever.

5,000 years later...

Reajh - Tales are told of a city whose walls were so strong that they never fell. Instead, when the new city was built, water collected inside the massive basin. Then the bombing of another nation, a terrible, powerful nation, split the ground, cutting off the old from the new, and sinking the old city below a covering of rock. Now the ground has shifted again, opening a slim crack.

Colony Valley in the Wester Mountains - Once upon a time a draconic tyrant hoarded treasure in his fortress, collecting the mightiest of the mysterious artifacts left behind by a horrific war for his own greedy contemplation. The last remains of that fortress have long since crumbled, its sheltering valley is now naught but toxic sand fraught with the remains of weapons of a more modern age, but they still wait. Beneath the sand wait the treasures of a long bygone age. Waiting to be used again.

Essyrn - Deep, deep in the wastelands, fringing the borders of Aedolian territory, it is said that a glorious, golden city lies deep beneath the earth... In recent times, massive chains of storms have swept the land, and the acidic, torrential rainfall and powerful winds have uncovered something. A gleam of gold.

Discoveries:

A nest of basilisks.

A huge salt water lake, home to a massive aquatic form of dragon.

A crater, in the centre of which is a strange artifact, similar in shape to a penny and gleaming white.

Some Teinari think it wise to dig deeper, to create custom living quarters from the rock, as the population is growing. A wellspring of primal magic is uncovered, transforming all who come into contact with it, and it's straining to get out.

Things to try:

Monitoring a Wastelands ecosystem. Sounds easy enough, right? Wait! Where are you going?!

Breaking into Aedolian territory to see dragons.

Attempting to farm giant crocodilian creatures for their hide.

Attempting to tame various wastelands beasties for use as companions and mounts.

Someone from Teinar falling in love with a celebrity from Aedolis, due to encountering them on the television and online (somehow...), and doing anything to be with them.

Opening a Wastelands general store, dealing with gear, supplies, maps, knowledge, mercenaries when they pass through and a place to stay the night.

Finding out that some toxic plants feel very good to eat... And starting up a narcotics empire.

Thanatos INC wants to know if magic or psionic ability can help you survive earth's toxicity, or be used to terraform it back to habitability. Or at least, that's what they're investigating on the surface. Some say they're interested in the Meeting Place...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:54:06 pm by Rising »

Stardancer

I really like these ideas. The only two characters I have at current are listed in my signature, a couple alien travelers from the planet of Trenope in the Pleiades. So I would RP with these first a few of these ideas. Not sure which ones though.

I also plan to make a Teinari character who would better fit some of these plot starters, being as she would be more likely to traverse the wastelands just for the heck of it. But that one is an upcoming character and I don't have anything posted yet for her.

If you're still wanting to do some of these, let me know either here or through PM. Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal