Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: And just like that, another character was made.  (Read 853 times)

Catarina Venersson

And just like that, another character was made.
« on: January 19, 2014, 02:59:17 am »
-tumbles in-
-bows-
Hello!

So I'm a newbie.
-facepalm-
I just joined this and SotE.
Look me up there. I'm Aemilia Florus.

I thought I should put the feelers out and make some friends and start roleplaying! I've done a bit into my character, but I still need to work on her profile.
It's enough for you to get an idea anyway.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: And just like that, another character was made.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
HELLO HELLO! 8DD

And welcome!

Also, I see you have a pirate, and so do I! I have two, Ari and Jericho. 8D So we should totally play!
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:35:07 pm »
Ah!  I do recognize you from SotE! (:

Glad you found your way to RotE!  It is a much smaller cozier site but I love it just as much. <3  Scratches my sci fi itch!

And I see you have a pirate!  More pirates is always a good thing.  I too have folks she could meet and greet and possibly get into gunfights with. (8

Catarina Venersson

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:29:49 pm »
Hello wonderful people!
A roleplay would be simply wonderful! I can't wait to stretch her out with different types of characters.

I'm working on an in depth profile of her this evening. Think Han Solo-esque. If either of you want to do something with her, let me know! :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:42:47 pm by Catarina Venersson »

Offline Tally

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:05 am »
Sweet!  I work most of the day tomorrow, and when I get home I'll hit up your plotting thread! =D

Catarina Venersson

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:51 am »
I'm down for that! Otherwise PM me! :)

Pirostyle

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 04:24:47 pm »
-wiggles into a previously made thread-

Hiya.
Found this place and I'm loving the universe and all the lore in it.

I'm gonna find an avatar, and some art I can credit, and then make an Edanith character :D
I saw the -wanted- page, I can make a girl character, and I was considering making a pilot, but that might take some getting used to the forum before I consider it.

Not sure if I want to make a male mage and female mordecai, or other way around.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:49 pm »
Yaaay! Hiya, Pirostyle! 8D Nice to have ya here, and WHOO for more mages and Mordecai and Pilots! *__*

I'm excited to see what you come up with and we should totally thread when you're ready. 8D

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Pirostyle

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:23:17 pm »
Thank you ^^

I think I'll make a male mage, and a female mordecai for edanith

How do land battles go? laser-blast type guns, and metal weapons like swords/knives?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 06:29:17 pm »
Thank you ^^

I think I'll make a male mage, and a female mordecai for edanith

How do land battles go? laser-blast type guns, and metal weapons like swords/knives?
Bullets are pretty common on Edanith, but hey, don't see why they can't have lasers and magitech powered weaponry, too! Melee weapons are also an option of course! ^^ Though they wouldn't be as useful if you have a sword and the other person has a gun!

So land battles would pretty much go the same way as in a modern setting, only you have the bonus of getting creative with your weapons. :3

Pirostyle

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 06:50:26 pm »
Just seeing which one is more common.
Since Edanith is mostly eco-friendly tech, I thought it would be mostly energy/laser weaponry.

Also, I am curious about mages/mordecai

For mordecai, is their magic-cancelling ability automatic? Can they sense/know when there is a mage within their circle of influence, or able to point out any mage within a crowd?

The last part I had to reread a bit cause I got excited about it at first, when it said a mordecai is able to control the magic of nearby linked mages, my first though was that they can use the mage's magic on command, but now I'm pretty sure it means they can just allow/disallow their magic at will.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 05:33:10 pm »
To answer your questions! 8D

1.) The magic canceling is an automatic ability. :3 They do it without even thinking about it.

2.) You know, I could go both ways with this. It could act as either an on/off switch for their mages, or maybe some can direct the flow of a mage's magic! 8D

Pirostyle

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:45:08 pm »
Okay ^^
I've almost got my first character finished.

For the appearance pictures, I know we have to give credit to artist or place where it's from. I was planning to use walfas create.swf, it's a flash thing made for touhou. Can I pictures of characters I've created in that?

Also, last question(s) for now I think. If a mage comes close enough to a mordecai, do they know? I don't want to get close enough for a mordecai and they suddenly ask me "are you chipped?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 05:46:57 pm »
For the Touhou thing, I'm not familiar with that! Could you link me to it? :3

And neither mage nor Mordecai can really feel if one or the other is a mage or Mordecai. :3 So it'd be possible for a mage to be in the same room as a Mordecai without getting caught, so long as they didn't do anything that gave away that they were a mage! ;D

Pirostyle

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 05:51:54 pm »
Touhou is awesome, made by the guy called Zun
http://www.walfas.org/flash/create.swf

This thing is great for making hundreds of characters, there are tons of presets of actual characters, but I like making my own.

Good, I can stay blended in

Pirostyle

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 11:12:34 am »
So just making sure... is it okay to use that walfas thing to make pictures of my character?

Nigel Kinling

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 05:12:54 pm »
Hello! It appears that I'm a bit confused to where do I start? Where would I post my back story and details about myself? Also, could you suggest where I should be if I were a scientist? I test radiation levels on the the surface of " Earth ".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal