Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: That awkward moment when... [open]  (Read 4213 times)

Brisinger987

Re: That awkward moment when... [open]
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
Trygon felt bones break and organs puncture. But he simply adapted. With sickening crunches, and a few snaps and pops, he was back to normal, and the neurotoxins flushed from his system. Instead, he converted them into acid. He spat it at this "sarah" and laughed.

"I am too good! Hahahaa...."

flybat3

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 07:54:25 am »
The pain registered in Kai's brain finally. There was a slight snap and he screamed. He began beating on the alien in a panic, his fists probably not even registering to the thing. Kicking and squirming in blind panic and pain, trying his hardest to just get away.

"Yeah, sarah. Sorry just get this thing off me. I'm sorry, I dont wanna die. Please please please. It fucking hurts. I think he cracked something and oh god I dont want to die...." he said rapidly, his very words having no space between them.

His pipe was broken and the high he had gotten evaporated into the air. It was hard to believe that no one would come to see what the screaming was about, but than again they were on cancer. It didn't mater. All the matered was that the pain and the feeling of being trapped ended.

"Dude, we arent even doing anything to you. I mean we are just little insignificant humans right? Just let us go and you can continue your chat without having to worry about us..." he pleaded.

Roxy

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 05:09:10 pm »
OOC:  Skip mah turn - Pol's still trying to ply Kai out xP

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 05:36:28 pm »
[Copy that.]
<You always this brave, or did I just catch you on a good day>, Sarah asked, the sarcasm obvious in her 'tone' as well as the fact that her left eye ridge was arched in her typical expression of sarcasm.

The acid stopped in midair as it encountered a gravity well created by more of Sarah's magic, then fell to the ground harmlessly as she dispelled the energy. <You're too confident, you mean.>, she sniped as the afterimage faded, appearing behind the creature with its left upper arm in one hand, and holding Kai by the shoulder in the other, the creature's severed tail still wrapped about him. <I believe this is yours?>, she mocked, taking a bite out of the severed arm before tossing it at the creature's back. <Disgusting.> Sarah spit the flesh and carapace mixture out, then converted water magic into water to flush the rest, tossing Kai aside to deal with later. The Draconian's attention went back to the creature at hand, waiting to see what it did. As she did, her tail flickered as puncture wounds appeared in the creature's back, each stab meant to test the creature's body.

[She's literally poking around to see where its vitals are, though she's not invested enough to follow if he bolts, so he'd get away relatively cleanly if the 60x gravity isn't enough to hold him (Jupiter, the largest planet in the Sol system, is only about 2.5x gravity, to put it into perspective).]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:19:26 pm by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Brisinger987

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »
Trygon screeched unholy slaughter as the draconian poked holes in his carapace.

"RAGH! You think you are doing any permanent damage? I cannot die, the Shadow protects me. And my limbs will grow back. Death or not. But I am tired of this already. You present me no true threat. Thus I retire to my vents." Trygon was bluffing. He just couldn't be bothered to fight back, not after being poked and stabbed and dismembered.

He pulled one final crush on the human boy, and whipped his tail at the draconian's face, before climbing the wall with his talons and slithering into a vent.

((OOC: Aaaaaaand, he's gone.))

flybat3

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:24 am »
The rest of the encounter sort of blurred together in Kai's head. Maybe it was because of the pain or strange aliens. Maybe it was that he was going into shock. He didn't really know or try to make much sense of it currently. He stared up at the ceiling of Cancer, just laying  there and not really caring to move much.

Something was probably broken or at least cracked. He wasn't a doctor or anything though. The strange thing is, he didn't seem to care. It was like one second he was in agony and the next laying on the floor staring at the ceiling, perfectly calm.

Sweating but at the same time shivering and pale he reached for a pipe from his pocket and took a small hit. He would be fine, he told himself. It was all just some big weird experience that would look funny in the morning right? Exactly. Well besides feeling like he was going to pass out at any minute.

Roxy

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 10:38:59 am »
Polly’s shoulders visibly sagged in relief as Trygon slunk away.  Sure, she most definitely lost her bet, but now a boy was no longer in peril!

Or so she thought.  She had been forced to take a (if not several more) step(s) back when the dragon-lady, aka ‘Sarah’ intervened, and bore witness to the gore that seemed split-second.  She wasn’t shocked or appalled by what she seen, just glad that the conflict was over…too bad it couldn’t have ended like she originally envisioned, but they wanted to rumble.  It was just unfortunate she couldn’t have pulled Kai away quicker, as she clack-clacked over to the fallen boys’ body, squatting down to survey him with a frown.  “Kai?  …Are you all right?  Talk.  C’mon.”

Not only were the very audible cracks not a good sign (it could’ve been his ribs, back…) but the fact that he went white and mute were even worse.  Oddly the joint he used could alleviate some of his pain, but it wasn’t the cure.

She looked to Sarah, not sure if she was willing to do more or if she only tussled with the other alien to both: a.) eat him, as planned and/or b.)  show him what-for while getting a crew member out of immediate jeopardy.  Polly had no idea if her generosity had its’ limits, and if she’d just leave them to their own devices.  With one hand encircling his shoulders, preparing to lift him, she asked, “You know each other, right?  …You know anyone who can look him over?”

Polly could maybe find a doctor, but it’d be a long and convoluted process, having to find the Reds and get him transported to a clinic, if any were open.  In which case:  she hoped his wounds weren’t that bad so that she could afford the time to find him a said clinic.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 02:22:58 pm »
<Coward.>, Sarah remarked as the creature slunk away to lick its wounds, though she didn't bother to pursue it. Instead, she retrieved its arm, then appeared next to Kai, the arm in the back of her overalls. <I'm embarrassed to be on the same crew as you. If you're going to get yourself killed, you could at least try to look brave doing it.>, she growled after fixing what she could with magic, her medical knowledge extending just far enough to stabilize him, then ripped the tail free. In response to the female's question, <As much as it disgusts me to say it, this coward and I are on the same crew. The medic could probably patch him up, but I'm not entirely sure I feel like taking him.>. On one hand, he was a member of the crew, and Ari would likely be pissed if he were to go missing and turn up dead due to her refusal to help. On the other hand, however, he'd seriously pissed her off when he'd begged for his life like spineless prey. Granted, technically, he was prey, but still... Sarah expected more out of a pirate.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

flybat3

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »
Kai felt some form of relief in the magic. While he wasn't healed per se, he was doing a bit better. He was registering other peoples conversations a tad clearer, and tried to bring himself a way from the tired calm blanket that his mind and body were in.

"I was out matched and panicked. If something was bigger stronger and lethal to you how would you react? Would you run and live to fight another day, or pick a fight you know you can't win? Logically yes, I probably should have just walked off, but I didn't. Am I a coward for panicking when something was going to kill me? No. I was also betting that you would win that fight, because from what ive seen of you, you aren't to be messed with. Now, I can promise you that if you take me back, I will hold my own from now on. This is a tad different from the streets of Midhaven, and i am new to this" he explained.

His explanation could have been shorter or more organized but there it was. He would not have her just leave him or think he was weak and stupid. He may be a submissive, but when push came to shove, Kai did have claws. He could break out of his submissive mindset whenever he wished, he just found it relaxing to not have to deal with everyone's crap once and awhile.

He put the pipe back in his pocket. He felt no pain, just slight annoyance that someone could think so little of him from one reaction he made. Yeah actions speak louder than words, but the two hadn't even really met. He respected her, but refused to be looked down on.

Roxy

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »
She opened then snapped her mouth shut.  Coward?  Ouch…didn’t seem like these two had a good working relationship.  Or chances of it were completely shot to Hell after this unfortunate episode.

Kai stood up for himself, having the temerity to dole out a pretty neat defense.  Polly gave a brief smile down at him before glancing up at Sarah, “Its’ the Sassy Juice, right? …If you don’t feel like taking him back, I can walk him to port,” though it’d be a good deal of a longer walk, considering he’d have to have his arm around her neck and such.  She hardly had the strength to carry even a teenage boy bridal-style. “You could lead us there, if you want and if need be.”

Or she could end up taking the third option, scooping up Kai and being on their merry way – it was really her call.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2013, 12:17:12 am »
<That's a stupid question. I'd kill it, or dismember it in the process of dying. Either way, I wouldn't be shrieking like a newly-born Kashal held at spearpoint, and I definitely wouldn't be caught making such a pathetic display of such begging. I expect a certain amount of weakness from humans, but I've eaten slaves with more spine.>. She considered the promise carefully. Humans, her experiences had taught her, were rarely honest, but, on the other hand, the captain did have a good grasp on how to read people... The female was put on ignore for the moment as Sarah mulled over the options. Well, a moment to her, anyway, as scarcely a few milliseconds had passed.

<Fine. But you're carrying him. You can also explain what he was doing here in the first place, and how your guard abandoned his post. Speaking of...>, Sarah answered, appearing next to the door the other human had barred. Cracks appeared in the door as Sarah brought a combination of ice, fire, and gravity energies against the door, then the door shattered as she struck it gently with her palm. <I can track you down faster than you can flee, human. Get your ass out here.>, she growled publicly, knowing the male was bound to hear.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

flybat3

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »
It usually wasnt a good idea to walk with some internal injuries but it looks like he didn't have much of a choice this time. Getting shot or stabbed, he could understand that, but getting crushed? Who ever heard of a pirate getting crushed? God how pathetic.

At least the thing didnt crush his legs. He could probably support himself that way, and be damned if he was just going to lean on Polly. He smiled back and attempted to get up, which was also alot easier because his arms hadnt been smashed. He stood up and swayed, getting rather dizzy at the motion of getting to his feet. Damn bug alien bastard. He barely managed to steady himself so that he didnt fall on his ass.

"Knowing Ari's drunken debauchery, I doubt she'll have to explain that to him. He's probably gotten in a couple of scrapes in his time"

He hoped Luce would get out here soon, the guard would probably be a great help in getting him back to the Sassy Juice. He leaned against a wall of the brothel. He was slowly sliding down said wall despite his best efforts.

Roxy

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 12:25:55 pm »
The ‘Sticky Trixx’ went eerily mum, as if the place itself were holding its’ breath.  The lights dimmed (even more so than usual), no one was on the stage, nor in the chairs.  The music stopped ever since the fight started.  There’d been a yelp or two when Sarah reduced the door to splinters, but a pronounced pause overtook.

Polly knew Luce couldn’t be alone inside.  There had to be a couple strippers, some of them old friends, along with a patron or two.  She wondered if they’d try to protect him, or if he sequestered himself in one of the VIP rooms.  Was he even in the building?
Her immediate concerns weren’t with him, however.  She hoped Sarah wouldn’t eat him, but then again, Kai needed her attention at the moment.

She caught him as he slid, attempting to wrap his left arm around her neck and shoulders.  “Don’t get ahead of yourself, kid, hang on…”  Polly wasn’t quite sure how to explain Kai’s being at…a strip club.  With her.  Not so much out of concern for herself as it was for the kid – given how meek and shy he acted earlier, she didn’t want to risk adding insult to injury by possibly embarrassing him.  Then again, it was foolish to worry about tainting a pirate’s dignity.  “Try to-“

She was cut off by a stir that ensued inside the club, whispered voices growing snappish and loud, until finally Luce appeared – pushed forth by three scantily clad employees.  The man gasped at the sight of Sarah and whirled around, ironically admonishing the womens’ departing backs.  “Oh, thanks for leaving me with the lizard, girls!”

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2013, 04:28:43 pm »
<He's also smart enough to bring a real weapon to a fight with an alien bug, tough enough to kick its ass, and brave enough to look death in the face and laugh. You, however, brought a toothpick to a fight with a living weapon, got your ass handed to you, and begged so pathetically for your life that I'd be surprised if you weren't crying your eyes out.>, Sarah remarked 'privately', <That's totally the same.>. The human's effort to stand made her shake her head in irritation. <You're stable, not healed. Lay your ass down and wait to be carried before you get worse or break what little I was able to fix.>, she snapped as she converted earth, gravity, and electric magical energies into a hovering stretcher.

<Oh, like you're one to talk. Shut up and help get the idiot onto the stretcher before I decide to sate the hunger that fight worked up.>. Sarah grabbed the human's shoulder, spun him around, then violently shoved him toward the others. <You're also coming with. You've got some explaining to do.>, she added, her 'tone' almost predatory.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:42:42 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

flybat3

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2013, 08:15:15 pm »
"Not like i knew i was going to get into a fight tonight" he muttered back, no possessing that telepathy stuff she seemed to have.

He was half way to following her first order when she ordered them to get him on the stretcher.  The slightly invisible magic stretcher. The concept of it almost made him pass out. Almost, but he had some thing to say first.

"I dont get why your bringing them a long to explain what an idiot ive been. No offense to them but Im pretty sure you can handle that yourself" and with that confusion out of the way, he passed out on the stretcher.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal