Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: That awkward moment when... [open]  (Read 4216 times)

Roxy

Re: That awkward moment when... [open]
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 01:32:11 pm »
Polly didn’t like that she’d been out-ed by Luce, though she didn’t show it.  She never did that to him, besides, it wasn’t as though she didn’t think Kai wasn’t cute or potential fun.  “Doesn’t matter to me, Lucy~,” was all she said in regards to her orientation, taking her rather blunt de-closeting in stride.  She wasn’t even going to rebuke or chastise him, even though she should’ve.  He of course knew the truth of the matter, but it seemed his attention was somewhere else.

While it was easy to stifle her agitation with Luce, she had to admit she was a little surprised by Kai’s behavioral shift.  He was no longer the meek, stumbling boy who approached her earlier.

That rum and coke must’ve done a whopper on his mentality.

“Hmm,” Polly let go of the handle on the leash, her hand dropping down to the base of his tail, giving it a thorough scratch.  Wind ‘im up and watch ‘im go for kicks.  “Whaddya say, Luce?”
The bouncer in question was more openly shocked by these turns of events.  He knew Polly was giving, but to the extent of giving up a mark? 

He quickly gave way to desire, though, as he grasped the handle that she dropped and pulled Kai towards him.  “How much d’ya got, kid?”

Brisinger987

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 02:49:38 pm »
Trygon had been doing his usual trick of hiding in the vents, watching things happen. It was interesting human behaviour, this mating business. Humans seemed to enjoy the process of mating, and paid their petty money to each other for it. It was a strange habit. His species found mating frightening, asking a 50 foot female if one could mate, or being commanded by her to mate was terrifying.

It even looked like they were getting violent.

He moved forward slightly, hoping to get a better look, and instead, fell through the loose grate with a loud crash, and a writhing mass of body.

He growled slightly as he laid there, feeling quite stupid.

flybat3

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »
He purred as she scratched his tail and  his mind went blank for a minute. He barely registered the crashing noise near them and  because of his state of mind he didnt really care. Usually he would be a bit paranoid but right now, he had other things on his mind. It was like a faint thought of whats that, who cares.

"Dont mean to like blow you off or anything" he stated feeling slightly bad at his behavior. "Maybe next time? Like if your still open when i come back?" he joked slightly.

Right, money talk now. "Uh like 250 that i can safely spare. Would have more but ya know gotta eat and all" he said to Luce, feeling a bit stupid that he didnt have more. He usually had more, he was a pirate after all. Nothing more pathetic than a near broke pirate. "Dunno how much you all normally charge...heh" He was back to his more submissive meekness, not that he couldn't quickly change to serious if the situation called for it.

He looked at Luce eagerly, hoping that just because he didnt have enough money that the encounter wouldn't just end there. Hopeing that they wouldnt just walk away. It didn't work like that did it? He had had people walk out on him before and it was just awful.

Roxy

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:00 am »
“250?  Like, what, 2 dollars, 50 cents?”  Luce made a face at that, though his hand remained on the handle as well as around the boy.  But before he could say more, his eyes caught sight of some black, writhing mass; making him turn white as a sheet.

The burly bouncer suddenly clung to Kai for dear life, letting out a high-pitched screech, “Oh my God, WHAT is THAT?!”

Polly, having heard the sound herself, turned and caught sight of the creature, though her eyes widened only slightly.  She’d been on Cancer for far longer than Lucy, and having seen some fucked up stuff, a big, black wriggling thing was small potatoes.  But she was more curious than scared or indifferent, so she strode over to the creature, bending over to look down at him and looking rather tall herself in her 5’-inchers.  “You ok little guy?”

[Idk where exactly Try is so if I need to do some major editing, please tell me xD  I’m just assuming he’s now out in the open and nearby]

Brisinger987

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:59 pm »
Trygon heard the human call him small, so instinctively he rose to full height, turning to face her, reavealing all the limbds, mandibles, teeth and extremities which might make him seem a bit more menacing.

And then, just to anti-climax it all, after a few seconds of slowly rising in height, he slumped to a relaxed 6'8", deciding it wasn't worth it.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. And I am no thing, human, I am a creature of nightmare and death. Run, rabbit, run." He had heard a child singing that the other day. Rather frightening to hear a child singing. Run, rabbit, run, rabbit, run, run, run. Farmers gonna shoot ya with a big fat gun, he sung the rest in his head.

flybat3

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 12:51:33 pm »
"As in 2 hundred 50 credits" he replied, mentally facepalming. Now yeah he was sort on cash, but he wasn't a bum. He was a pirate for bloody sake. Holy shit fuck, Kai's mouth opened in disbelief. What the hell was this thing? Was it some bug? God bugs kinda creep Kai out.

He faced the new bug thing, still looking a bit squimish. No one tells Kai what to do unless he gives them the authority to do so. "Pirates dont run" he stated pulling a blade from his belt. "Also, I know how to use this, and as fun as it would be to stab a bug, which no offense but they creep me out anyway, I don't really want to have to fight you."

This is what i get when I try to have fun Kai thought.

Roxy

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 02:48:09 pm »
Polly, herself, backed up when the alien rose, more in awe than in fear.  It’d been a long time since she’d seen a creature like him!  Her? …It?  At any rate, it seemed minor abnormalities like Kai – with just an extra set of ears and/or tails – were more common than this uh…unique “gentleman” before them. 

These were perhaps inappropriate thoughts to have, though, considering how Luce and Kai reacted.

Luce did take the creature’s suggestion, fleeing from behind Kai and into the Sticky Trixx; bolting the door shut behind him.  “Sorry guys!  I’ll call the Reds for ya!” 

…Wow.  When the going gets tough, Polly mused wryly.  She’d have to make a note to talk to Mia about giving a certain someone the boot.

Polly didn’t really get nervous (despite the big fellow’s boast of being a creature of nightmare and death and whatnot), however, until she saw Kai pull out a knife.  Did…she and the kid see the same creature unfold itself out, or was he still drunk and envisioned a six-legged bunny?!

Speaking of which, she was still a little buzzed, too.  If this guy/girl did lash out, it wouldn’t be especially easy for either of them to escape.

Plus, she didn’t want to see Kai get hurt.  “Easy, Kai…don’t take on Mr. Big.  Can you see those talons?  That’s a certified slice ‘n dice!”

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 05:56:17 pm »
Sarah had been tracking the scent for the better part of the day, taking advantage of some business Ari had on the Cancer. For a while now, she'd been planning on seeing what, exactly, had been crawling through the station's vents, mainly to see if it was edible, and her search had taken her to what she supposed was meant to be some sort of human sex worker establishment. She'd had to refuse several... sales pitches... during her wait, but, when the creature fell out of the vents, her patience was rewarded.

<No, you're an overgrown bug. I'm a creature of nightmares and death.>, she quipped, appearing behind the creature, <I'm a little disappointed that you're not a human orphan or some manner of rat. Those at least taste good...>, she added, contempt clear in her 'tone'.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Brisinger987

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54:11 am »
"Agreed, human orphans do have a particular taste to them... But I have no quarrel with you, dragon. You are part of a dying kind. I will not fight you." He turned his back to the dragon, facing the two humans.

"And the girl is right, human, I could easily cut you in half. His right top talon darted into a space of darkness, scraping out two recently separated halves of a rat. He would not eat it, it was simply a demonstration of what he could actually do.

"Of course, your knife wouldn't do much damage, I am built to take bigger wounds, the wounds from vibro-swords and power-blades. Not knives. Perhaps if you had a Marlokian combat knife, I would be scared. But you do not. You have a letter opener." Trygon clicked his mandibles threateningly.

flybat3

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 02:02:26 pm »
"Thanks for backing us up Luce! Bet you locked the door behind you didnt you, coward!" Kai yelled behind him and sighed. Looks like he wasn't getting laid tonight.

"Letter opener huh? Well fuck..." he trailed off and put the knife back in his belt. "Though if you wanted us dead, you would have probably done so already. Unless your the type to play with there food? What the hell do you want anyway?" he asked, curious as to the creatures motives.

"Wow, you killed my high....." he said amazed. Usually he was able to keep a buzz through slight stress. Oh well. He took a slow puff and exhaled in the creatures direction. "Might as well die stoned..."

Roxy

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 11:03:38 am »
“Good boy,” Polly commented as Kai withdrew – it sounded sarcastic, but she was really relieved.  If the kid kept egging on this uh…’black beauty’ who knows what would’ve happened.

That didn’t mean they were out of hot water; yet.  Soon as the bug-man/woman arrived, so did a more reptilian visitor.  Who…seemed to want to eat him??

Alien culture was just weird, man.  Interesting, but weird, as her nose slightly scrunched up at the ‘human orphans’ bit.  Was that a joke, or were these guys running around, plucking stray kids off the streets of Cancer?  She’d have to ask once either the dust was more settled or as soon as they got the aliens’ intentions out of the way. 

That said, she expected this encounter to end somewhat peacefully.  The bug-man/woman didn’t attack just yet, even tried to dismiss the 4th party who seemed to have threatened him.  Hell, maybe he’d just ask for directions to someplace and scuttle off his merry way, with the lizard-woman maybe or maybe not in tow.  If it was the former, well…she hoped she wouldn’t make due on eating the guy/…girl.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 03:46:28 pm »
<If one more idiot mistakes me for a dragon, there's going to be a genocide on Aedolis.>, Sarah growled, gathering magical energy beneath the creature, then converting it into a gravitational force on the creature roughly 20 times that of Cancer's normal gravity, <Note the fact that I don't have wings, or machinery sticking out of me. Nor am I tethered to some squishy human like a pet on a leash. Also note the bladed tail.>, she added, her tail blade hovering dangerously next to her head. <Before I see if your species is edible, I've got a question: Why are you scuttling about the station in the vents? If your intentions were truly peaceful, one would think you'd take a less suspicious route.> The observation, though made as if it were a remark on the weather, was pointed, an attempt to get the creature to drop its 'peaceful' pretense and attack.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Brisinger987

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »
"You think yourself clever, lizard, whatever you do, my body will simply adapt. I am built to adapt. I crawl around the vents because fools like yourself irritate me by trying to kill me. I look menacing. I have consumed the life force of hundreds of worlds. Devoured civilisations. Such is the way of my people. But I grew bored, and you and the humans cannot comprehend the idea of anything beyond your own existence." Trygon was about to attack, but he withheld. If the gravity dropped, he would simply adapt. He had been on gas giants. He simply needed to adapt.

"Now leave. I crawl through ducts because they are ideal conditions for me. I can survive in the void, but I cannot sleep outside of my personal conditions, and the vents and ducts are suitable. I would still be in there, had the grate not come out underneath me." Trygon was stuck between indecision. Kill this reptile, and continue his discussion with the humans, or let it live.

flybat3

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 03:15:15 pm »
Kai just stood there looking confused. Aliens man, just weirdness. He however didn't figure that they were a  threat to him and Polly, well at least at the moment. It was good enough for him, have them bicker or whatever they were doing and if they started fighting well they could always run somewhere.

That lizard chick did look somewhat familiar though. He tried to concentrate and remember where he had gotten a glimpse of her before but it invaded him. She could maybe work for Ari on the Sassy Juice, but he was relatively new there and had only really met Nick and Ari a couple times. He would look stupid if he asked, plus didn't want to interrupt the conversation of two obviously dangerous creatures.

He purred at Polly's comment and the high that was coming on, since the earlier high had been blown by fear. The tipsiness was dying down slightly, but whatever, he wasn't a fan of drinking unless it was a social experience anyway. That blade tail looked way dangerous, and he wished he had some popcorn so he could enjoy the fight better.

Roxy

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 01:11:22 pm »
Welp, so much for an ‘peaceful’ outcome. 

As opposed to just sitting and watching it unfold, Polly took a hold of Kai’s arm, in an attempt to pull him towards the ‘Cum-on-In’ and out of range for any potential attacks.  “C’mon, kid – let’s not get hacked or diced,” she looked the two aliens over – she was curious about them, but at the same time, she didn’t want to die or end up wounded by a stray blade or talon if and when the two got to dancing.

“If you wanna watch, though; I’m betting on that black beaut.  If I win, you're giving him...or her your 250.  What’s your bet?” Polly asked Kai, albeit half-joking.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 01:28:54 pm »
<Don't make me laugh. Do you honestly think yours is the only species that knows anything? That yours is the only strong species? Get real.>, Sarah snapped, appearing in front of the creature with piece of its carapace roughly the size of a dinner plate in her hand, <You'd be stupid to underestimate me, bug. Everyone else who has is dead.>, she added, assuming a challenging stance, daring with her entire body for the creature to attack.

As she waited, the realisation hit her than she'd smelled the neko's scent before. A quick glance, less than a millisecond, confirmed that the neko was, in fact, one of Ari's new hires. <That brakja must think he's running a dreadnought, the way he hires mechanics.>, she thought half-aloud, <Then again, maybe this is the one that finally comes close to being my equal.>.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

flybat3

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:18 pm »
"I bet the dragon looking chick.....Blade tail. Totally effective looking" he said as she lead him a little ways away. She did have a point though, no use getting hacked to pieces. As much as he wanted to watch the fight, he valued his life.

"Hold up? Equal? Man i wish i was equal to you.....sarah is it?" The sudden remembering of her name made him feel stupid. Jeez he knew he had seen her before. He took another toke and offered some to Polly. This night had been quite a weird one.

Brisinger987

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »
"Fine... The humans will suffer first though..." Trygon snarled. He had no care for the humans, so he simply grabbed one with his tail pincer, and coiled round them. The lizard lady would have to attack first. He would not start a fight. She would.

"Don't go anywhere, human sex servant, you're next on my list to hold!" He clicked his mandibles and growled a low, sickening rattle. He squeezed Kai with every ounce of spare energy not being saved for the fight. He would feed if necessary.

Roxy

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »
Polly gaped openly as the boy was looped out of her grasp and into the aforementioned “black beauts’” – what was its’ deal?  And here she had a high esteem for it!

“Kai!”  She was torn.  She didn’t know if indeed Luce had called for the Reds, or if they’d even show, or if she should try to find security, herself.  She didn’t want to abandon Kai, but what could she do? Without any effective weapon on her person, not a whole damn lot.

Yet, she had no idea if once she turned her back on him, he’d end up asphyxiated or eviscerated, or any manner of way that equated to ‘dead’.  So as opposed to running away, she came right up to Kai where he was bound, futilely pulling and “clawing” at the tail.  Polly tried to avoid its’...rather nasty looking stinger as she attempted to yank it enough for him to hopefully breathe if not slip out of.  But, then -  human strength vs. alien strength?  Not exactly equal grounds, there. 

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2013, 05:08:42 pm »
<No, I'm Rhalah, the Ocean Weaver.>, Sarah snapped, <One Karmid among the crew, and you can barely remember her name. Nally! So much for that bit of hope.> She shook her head as she returned her attention to the problem at hand.

The only movement that was to be seen from Sarah was the faint grimace-grin as she appeared to flicker like a bad hologram. As she did, several puncture wounds appeared in the creature's tail. <I'm curious... Does your species have a nervous system? Does it feel pain? And is it immune to neurotoxins?>, she asked somewhat mockingly as she tripled the gravitational force on the creature. Gravity wells were an easy magic to perform if one knew how to work them, and Sarah had had much experience using them in and out of combat. <If not, I suggest you brace yourself. Your nervous system's due for a firestorm.>, she growled, <And one more thing: I don't give two shits about the humans. I'd eat them myself if it weren't for the trouble their deaths at my hands would bring. Maybe the experience will toughen the squishies up.>.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal