Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Reunions and New Beginnings [Fieryone / Open]  (Read 3008 times)

flybat3

Re: Reunions and New Beginnings [Fieryone / Open]
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »
Kai didnt clear his throat. No one told him what to do is all. Plus he felt like if he did than everyone would look at him and think he had something to say. <Got any better ideas? Besides im small enough, it could have worked>

"Actually i think i can help with the whole not having enough people thing. There is the crew mate on the ship i work for that totally saved my life once, and if she would go for it, would be a valuable addition to our expedition.  She has this awesome bladed tail, that from what i understand is venomous. Also if we feel in the celebratory mood afterwards, she can out drink everyone i currently know"

He wasnt lying about any of this. He truly believed what he had said. He was a little bit annoyed that she chose to follow him and more so that she felt like ordering him around, but he thought that given the chance, they could at least be civil towards each other.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »
Of course he'd ignore the first bit. Sarah shook her head at his stubbornness.

<You forgot my speed, split-millisecond reaction time, knowledge of nearly every part and machine used in ships in this system, magic, the fact that I can disable a ship without needing to be anywhere near it, and, oh yes, my predatory instincts, strong jaws, talons, experience at hand-to-hand combat, superior senses, and armorlike scales.>, Sarah privately remarked, <Other than that, good job describing me. I can fill them in on the rest later, unless they need more convincing.>.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 07:45:24 pm »
"Bladed tail...?" Specter quirked an eyebrow at that particular element of the description. Sure, he'd run into a few other non-humans over the years since Haven, but no one with something like that. Whatever ship Kai was crew on, it almost certainly was a colorful and interesting bunch by the way things were shaping up.

Realizing he'd been lost in thought for a moment, the stout mage cleared his throat. "I just realized, I never asked for your name before getting you all wrapped up in this. Or gave you mine, for that matter. Sorry about that." Extending a gloved hand to Kai, he added. "Let's fix that. I'm called Specter, a drifter with a bit of magic." 'A bit' may have been an understatement, but there was no point going into too much detail.

"I know I just kind of dragged you along suddenly. We should certainly have some idea about each other if we're going to work together. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself and this shipmate." He looked over to Fieryone. "It's not just my decision, after all. If we do this, we're all in it together and everyone has a say."

Fieryone

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 10:50:03 pm »
((Apologies on taking so long with this, I’ve been busy!))

Fieryone also quirked up a brow at the description of Kai’s crewmate, bladed tails were not something he had encountered… he was pretty sure he would have remembered that. Of course there was plenty of life in this Solar System, so he wasn’t entirely surprised by that. He’d finished taking stock of his ammo, still had plenty left for everything, and the nondescript duffel bag always seemed to make for good cover. It definitely had helped him get the shotgun through places before, so he was quite sure that it would help him in this situation. He’d place the shotgun back in the duffel bag before turning and looking at Specter, “Well, you came and asked me to be part of this job, I’m just saying that I’ll do it, besides the prospect of getting a ship out of the deal is a good thing.” He’d say giving Specter a grin, before looking at Kai, “Your partner sounds like she is a walking predator. I’m fine with you calling her and bringing her here, just be sure she annouces herself at the door by addressing you.” Fieryone would say as he began to look over his handguns.

flybat3

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 03:07:40 am »
"I'm Kai. Originally from Aedolis, Midhaven to be specific. I just got tired of barely making ends meet you know? Learned to fix things up and take things apart and found my way to cancer and eventually the sassy juice." he said in way of introductions, returning the hand shake.

<yeah, yeah, i dont know you that well. Spent some time with Nick though. Despite his shyness he's kinda nice>

"She can speak for herself in way of introductions. Normally she wouldnt have gone into this situation in the first place though. Not saying anythings wrong with you guys, just that im a tad to trusting sometimes. It irritates her but Im working on it. She's our best chance really at making this work"

Figuring that it was a good enough explanation and since Fieryone was okay with it, he called her up. Pretending that she hadnt heard any of this he gave her a basic summary, acted like he was trying to convince her, basically having a one sided conversation with himself for a couple of minutes.

<you might want to wait a couple more minutes so that they dont think you are right outside the door. Sorry for the lengthy explanation, just trying to make it convincing>

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »
<Didn't do your research, either, apparently.>, Sarah sniped.

As the one-sided conversation wrapped up, Sarah began counting milliseconds, approximating the distance between her and the Sassy Juice. <That's fine, but I'm not waiting two more minutes. You have no idea how long that is for me.>, she responded. Twelve seconds went by before she knocked on the door. Addressing everyone in the room, <Kai, open the door.>, she stated, her tone neutral,
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 07:00:29 pm »
The 'Sassy Juice'? Where had he heard that ship name before...? Specter tried to place it in memory for a few brief moments but was interrupted as a voice that wasn't a voice echoed in his mind. Startled, the short mageling's eyes went wide and he bolted upright from the wall he'd been leaning against. All of a sudden his mind was in a thousand different places, thoughts flashing by like lightning in the stormiest skies. One word dominated above all others in those thoughts: Telepathy? Having powers himself Specter liked to think his outlook on others' "gifts" was rather liberal... but even so, psionics -- particularly the variety that involved playing with others' minds -- made even him a little bit uneasy. He glanced over at Fieryone; his friend had no doubt "heard" their new guest as well, and he could only imagine the mercenary wasn't thrilled. One deep breath later and Specter had made a mental resolution to diffuse this situation to the best of his ability.

"Allow me."

Lifting a hand and reaching out with his own mind, the mage willed space to bend juuuuuuuust so. An onlooker could easily confuse what he did with telekinesis, making a door unlock and open without being anywhere near it, and perhaps that was in their favor. The door would open, revealing a reptilian humanoid whose coloration resembled his own more than just a little. The similarity, though clearly only skin (or scales) deep, was still enough that Specter found himself raising an eyebrow in curiosity. There was the bladed tail, sure enough. His blood-ruby eyes met the newcomers' dusk blue ones as he forced himself to recline back against the wall.

A draconian, was it? He'd heard of the species but never encountered one before. And given how quickly she'd arrived after the phone call, he couldn't help but wonder where she'd been when she got it. If he was having those thoughts then doubtless Fieryone was as well. Still...

Still, these people were involved now, and if they were willing to help it was just as well. He held his hands open at his sides, a subtle gesture (he hoped) to suggest to her that he held no ill will, whatever the circumstances, before speaking. "That was fast -- color me impressed. Anyways, you must be Kai's shipmate. He speaks quite highly of you, miss...?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:42:02 am by Nascent »

Fieryone

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 09:07:32 am »
((Apoologies again, I was busy and somewhat lazy >_<))

Fieryone heard the knock on the door it was far to quick from the time she was mentioned by Kai to her showing up. He heard her neutral tone for the door, annoyance and anger on his face, he’d shoot Kai a look before pointing one of his hand guns at the door... already in the motion of being openned by Specter, and in the doorway stood the large draconian figure. Fieryone had seen a few of these about, never had the pleasure and privledge to work with them on a job. Though to her it should be quite obvious Fieryone didn’t like how she had entered, and just as Specter finished speaking he shot out his own comment, “Fast? No, if anything she had to have been outside that door already. I highly doubt she could have made it here within the small time span her friend called her here, and I do not take kindly to being spied on. So, tell me miss, what the hell were you doing outside my door.” He’d state flatly, still pointing the handgun at her. He wasn’t sure that if he actually fired a shot at her it would do anything, but hey, it made him feel safer. After all, he had no idea if these three were actually hunting him down or not, his constant state of paranoia kicking in as he waited for her answer.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:16:19 am by Fieryone »

flybat3

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 09:28:55 pm »
Had any other crew member of his had a gun pointed at them he might worry. This was sarah though and the idea that a mere gun could take her down was funny. Did they even listen to anything he had said about her? He laughed in his head thankfully.

He waited for Sarah to answer, figuring that her explanation would not only be quick but good enough to finally get on with things. He wasnt the best in making plans really. He was more of the action type. All this planning was making him want to do something

Mikhail_Komarov

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 11:08:34 pm »
The Cancer. The Cancer was where he was being sent. His heart sank as he thought the administrator called him down to release him, but was told that he needs to be studied further. He was to be shipped to the station in twenty-four hours, Shipped to more nosy humans who pass him around like some kind of joint. He thinks about his life as he is seated in the cargo bay of the ship, his painful memories easily overpowering the good ones.

"Why me? Why is it that I have to bear the title of 'Genetic Experiment'?" He sighs to himself in the back.

The transport hums to life and hovers before finally departing for the Cancer.

"Same shit, different day..." He reminds himself.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 05:10:48 pm »
The handgun did not escape Sarah's notice as she listened to the strange being speak, mustering all her willpower to not behead the human on the spot. As a deliberate insult, however (as well as to hammer home the point that she did not consider him dangerous), she waited for the human to almost finish speaking to relieve him of his weapon, her tail blade at his throat, then waited for him to finish and her afterimage to disappear before responding. <For the record, twelve of your seconds is about three hours and twenty minutes for me, proportionally going by your divisions and measurements, which is plenty of time for me to get from anywhere on the station to here. Any other stupid, poorly-researched questions, or do you intend to actually get on with this hunt before the rehmata return to their caves? I'd like to kill these slavers before they have the chance to leave the station.>, Sarah snapped, teeth bared, <Also, next time you try to pull a gun on me, you're going to lose your arm, too. Third time you make that mistake, it'll be your head.>, she added, crushing the weapon with a combination of her strength and gravity magic. With the main irritation dealt with, Sarah turned her attention to Specter.

<I'm Sarah. Among the things Kai neglected to mention are my skills with magic, vastly superior speed, strength, armorlike scales, strong jaws, talons and knowledge of machines. Not to mention I can provide the internal damage we'll need to get inside from here, provided I know where exactly the ship is, and have access to the blueprints.>, Sarah explained, <Among other things. We'll be here way too long if I have to explain everything about myself.>.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:29:31 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 09:08:39 am »
The look on Specter's face was no longer pleasant. In less time than seemed possible he was at Fieryone's side, his scarlet eyes glaring up at Sarah. For just half a second he stood there, motionless -- for an average person that was a blink, but to the draconian it was the start of a staring contest. The corner of one eye twitched and Fieryone suddenly found himself pulled backwards a foot through the air -- just enough that the tail-blade was no longer at his throat, but far enough that Specter hadn't removed him from the exchange.

Eyes never leaving Sarah's -- despite how far back the diminutive mage had to look up to hold his gaze with hers -- Specter stepped deliberately into the very spot Fieryone had occupied a moment before, both placing himself in front of his friend and making the crest of his head just about level with Sarah's lethal appendage.

"Out of respect for your sense of time, I'll make this quick." And he meant it. Space distorted around the short mage's form, accelerating him relativistically compared to his surroundings. Since he was standing still, however, this just meant that his rate of speech was twice as fast -- a tangled blur of sound to the ears of Fieryone and possibly Kai, but to the draconian mechanic it would at least be closer to a pace she'd find comfortable.

"If you are all that and more, there was no need to do that to my friend. I'm not defending him pulling a gun on you, but you have a clear and present advantage in countless ways. I was under the impression restraint was a chief virtue for those of us with powers, a belief I try to live by. Otherwise, how can those without power ever trust those of us with it?"

The message was clear -- leave Fieryone be. Specter had no desire to stir trouble with their newest guest, but he wasn't about to let his oldest friend, paranoid and trigger-ready or not, get skewered. And if she wanted to hurt him, though he hoped she didn't, Sarah would have to go through him first.

Letting the flow of time around him return to normal, Specter turned and looked at Fieryone over his shoulder. His gaze was unusually despondent, disappointed even. "Maybe this was a mistake. I was hoping to get a team together, but within minutes of meeting each other half the group is ready to start shedding blood. Well, fine. We'll do this the simple way then." His eyes returned to looking at Sarah. "There are five people, half of them children, terrified and hoping beyond hope for someone to come and get them out of their nightmare. They're scared. They're desperate. And bounty or no, I intend to get them out and punish the people responsible."

Specter's eyes traveled from one face to another, then stepped out from his defensive spot in front of Fieryone and headed for the door with as much of an unpleasant stomping gait as his small form could muster, stopping in the doorway to address the room. "I'm going. I'm doing this. Any of you want to be a part of it, that's fine. But if you'd rather stay here waving weaponry around and slinging distrust into each others' faces, be my guests. You want to fight it out and see who's the last one standing, have at it! But if you've got the decency to put aside mistrust long enough to help some people -- and get paid well to do it -- then be at Jasper's Bar Grill & Armory tomorrow at 4pm, Cancer station time."

And with that, the small mage's cloak reappeared, unfurling around him from the shoulders down. The last the group would see of him was the hood being pulled up; not even the sound of footsteps in the hall were left to remind them of his presence. The three of them were alone now, to hash out their problems however they saw fit.

He exited the hotel the same way he'd come in, once more just a shadowy figure on the streets of a busy halfway-ramshackle space station. Walking silently past the vagabonds who attended the discreet hotel entrance, he blended with the flow of foot traffic for a few minutes before finding an alleyway and slumping against the wall with a groan and a sigh. This was not how he'd imagined his reunion with Daniel... not even close. The years had clearly hardened him, made him strong and independent -- characteristics the enigmatic mage could appreciate and respect, but which had also put no small distance between them. The boy who'd saved his life over a decade ago was now a man who asked questions down the barrel of a gun and looked askance at everyone who crossed his path. Neither had ever been what people would call starry-eyed optimists -- Fieryone was the child of what was effectively a refugee colony and Specter knew that to the eyes of most people he was just some strange-looking freak -- but in those early days they had both held hope. Hope that there were better things ahead of them, that out in the stars they would find... something. An opportunity. A chance to change their lives. Something better. He knew he still held to that hope -- Specter had seen a great deal while wandering since Haven, some good but mostly the grind of people just trying to get by and those with power grinding them down. It didn't seem like there was hope to be found... but surrendering to 'the way of things' wasn't his way.

Daniel, now Fieryone... he had changed. Maybe it was naive to think things would be the same. Still, he wanted to hope. Had to hope. Even if he wasn't sure in what. Right now it was mostly hope that the situation he'd left his mercenary friend in wouldn't escalate into bloodshed. He didn't think Sarah was a bad person, despite her aggressive overtones. The thought occurred to him that maybe she had been close by to keep an eye on Kai -- he had inferred she was like that.

Still, he wasn't entirely sure what to think anymore...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:11:26 am by Nascent »

Fieryone

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2013, 02:56:47 pm »
Fieryone felt the Handgun become knocked from his hand, before he even recognized it. As well as the tail blade coming up to his throat. All though his arm was out stretched and bladed tail to his throat his eyes would read to her, “And I am not afraid of you” back, not even flinching when she crushed one of his handguns, and for all her talk of ‘superiority’ all it showed to Fieryone was she was acting nothing more than a beast. Of course, his face would change to one of surprise when he was suddenly lifted into the air and sent back a few feet away from the tail blade arm, and in his place stood Specter. He recollected his wits, and of course the remains of his handgun in the short few seconds it took the two of them to have their conversation. Not that he knew what was going on. To him it just seemed that space around them was warpped somehow, he assumed it was by the odd shimmering around the two of them.

Of course it was when the shimmering ended and the small mage game him the look of Disappointment that would draw out a raised brow. Fieryone had no idea why he was getting this look, to him it seemed his response to her abnormally quick appearance was warranted. Of course it was the speech that made the look clear to him, and inside there was a twinge of anger sparking wihtin him, He didn’t say anything as to Specter as he left, but who was he to judge him on his behavior? Yes, he would admit at one point they were friends, and yes they had fought beside each other when Haven had been under attack, but that time had passed and they had gone their separate ways. He’d been through his own personal hell ever since they had seperated, and it was rather unfair

flybat3

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 12:50:53 am »
Yet another conflict that Kai wasn't directly involved with. Still in his opinion all this fighting was pointless. They were there to help resucue kids after all. The distrust and guns being waved and crushed and magic time bubbles, was not only petty but a waste of time in his opinion. Although the display of peoples abilities was impressive and did make him feel a little uneeded honestly. Everyone on his team was amazing where as he just faded into the backdrop.

He looked at Sarah and Fieryone with a slightly annoyed look on his face and sighed. "Well I'll leave you both to hash it out or whatever it is. None of my business. I just think you to are wasting your time. Doesn't really mater who's abilities are better or who could murder who. What does mater is getting those children out of harms way. The fact that im getting paid to do that is a bonus at this point"

He walked out of the hotel, intending to use the time to relax a bit and prepare for the up coming mission. Although his version of relaxing involved a joint and a trance cd, and he relaxed more than he should, he awoke ready for the mission. He even got to the bar a tad early to eat a cheeseburger. Sitting on the bar stool his tail flicking back and forth in excitement. Today was going to be fun.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 05:46:36 pm »
Sarah met the glare with one of her own, the staring contest as good as a struggle for dominance to her, one she, being a female and the room's apex predator, was not about to lose. Her unblinking stare carried with it a subtle note of contempt, one which became more overt with what he had to say to her.
<It's not about who has the advantage. It's the fact that some weak, slow, fragile little human forgot its place on the food chain and decided to point a weapon at me. It doesn't matter if it was a rotting twig, it's the intent that I have a problem with.>, she growled at Specter and Fieryone privately, <You want restraint? His head's still attatched, isn't it? Not that it matters. Out of respect for the fact that you consider that human to be your friend,>, the fact that the comment wasn't accompanied by the snort she would normally have added spoke volumes about her perception of Specter, <I'll keep my opinion of its intelligence and perceptiveness to myself. That said, keep it on a very short figurative leash. If you or it don't keep that human in line, I will.>. Her answer was clear: Fieryone would determine his own fate.

Sarah held Specter's gaze throughout the little speech, her expression growing more and more irritated with each word. He was right, of course, in what he's addressed, and some small part of her recognised that, but it was the way he said it that resulted in several slashes appearing on the floor, wall, and ceiling nearest her as she lashed out at them in an attempt to vent her growing anger. <You had damned well better be sure they'll still be there by the time we start this, or well offworld by the time they're gone. If I miss this chance to kill them...>, she let the sentence hang, the predatory growl accompanying the words speaking for itself.

<As usual, you miss the point completely. Either pay attention to what's going on around you, or don't comment.>, Sarah snapped privately at Kai before disappearing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah ate as she waited at a table in the back of the bar, a table the other patrons gave wide berth to as they passed by it, trying not to notice the human curled up in the fetal position on the floor next to it, mouth open in silent agony as he suffered through the effects of her tail blade's venom, his mistake having been hitting on her. On the table next to her plate sat two coolant-stained uniforms she'd made with the insignia of her old shop on them, a shop she occasionally tended to when she had free time while the Sassy Juice was in port, one each in Kai and Fieryone's approximate sizes, as well as small cubes on top of each. She'd also taken the liberty of getting as close a look at the Scornful Embrace as she could without risking discovery, and had already worked out several ways she could disable it discreetly. In front of her plate was a datapad with schematics visible on it, which she studied as she ate.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:31:09 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 10:05:13 pm »

Jasper's was something of an oddity, even by Cancer standards. The very fact that one business was willing to sell firearms and hard drink under the same roof was enough to make some think that the owner had to be unhinged, impractically trusting, or simply an eccentric of unusual caliber. The regulars, however, knew better. Anybody who made trouble in Jaspers didn't for long -- if you were lucky you got shoved out the back into a pile of trash bags, and if you weren't you ended up in much the same place... minus a pulse and whatever was in your pockets. Besides which, Jasper -- whom all of the workers freely talked about but no one ever actually saw -- clearly wasn't stupid. Weapons, booze, and food could flow freely in the restaurant... but ammo, power packs, and codes for the locks on any and every blade were strictly delivery-only. It made Jasper's... lively and quite "colorful".

Fortunately for Sarah, no one on site -- not the employees, not the cyborg bouncers, not even the grisly mercs who frequented the joint -- were crazy enough to mess with a draconian who'd already done a number on the dumb drunken schmuck who'd tried his luck with her. Kai was similarly unharassed, perhaps because most of the people in the bar weren't eager to start any kind of trouble that Sarah might jump in on, even oblivious as they were to the connection the two shared.

And when Specter walked in, concealing cloak pulled up to hide his face, several of the less confident thugs hastily finished their drinks, paid up, and walked out. The short mage glanced around for a moment before spotting the two fellow non-humans he'd met the day before, raising an eyebrow slightly that they weren't sitting together before shrugging mentally and letting it slip from his attentions. There were more important priorities right then, anyway. Notably, there was no sign of Fieryone yet -- the crimson-eyed astromancer cursed himself inwardly, part of him already sure that with the way things had gone the day before his childhood friend had gladly blown him off. It was only in hindsight that Specter had considered how pretentious and self-righteous he'd sounded in yesterday's confrontation... and for all he knew, Fieryone had every reason to suspect danger and betrayal around every corner. One doesn't preach trust to a man expecting a knife in his back, after all.

He approached Sarah at her table, taking only a moment to glance at her handiwork and sarcastically inquire "Friend of yours?" with a slight nod towards the slumped and clearly not well man. Specter breathed in deeply and sighed before adding "I know we got off on the wrong foot yesterday. I personally don't care if you were outside the door listening in somehow, as long as you're on the up-and-up where this job is concerned. As for my friend..." He cast his gaze towards the door. "I don't claim to know what's going on with him, exactly. It's been several years, and I guess we don't understand each other the way we used to. In any case, whether he joins us for this or not, I'm glad you and Kai are here."

Specter gestured towards the uniforms and cubes. "Looks like you've been busy. Hope I haven't kept you waiting long."

Fieryone

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 09:31:26 am »
Fieryone was the last one to arrive at the bar. Late, because certain draconic being, in his own opinion, was acting like a high-and-mighty-does-no-wrong-because-she-is-the-superior-being, crushed one of his own weapons. Which sent him on a hunt for a replacement, cutting further into this his already dwindling funds. He really did not like her, in fact he was hoping that she wouldn’t show up, but there sitting at the back of the bar Data-pads strewn about in front of her. He grimaced, while Jasper’s would have made the point of his moot, the hunt itself gave him an excuse to avoid her for as long as possible, even hoping so far as to make him waste so much of her time that she would give up and leave.

It didn’t work, oh bother.

Of course, nearby her was Specter and Kai, not surprising since Kai was with her. Nor was Specter, since hew as the one who was putting this little mission together. He let out a small sigh to himself before moving into the bar, openly carrying his duffel bag across his back as he moved further into the bar, getting little response from the workers there, considering the establishment it wasn’t surprising. Of course as he got closer, he noted the Drunken slob he was now out cold close to Sarah. Obviously he pissed her off, Fieryone shrugged, not even perturbed by it. It was his own fault anyway. He placed the duffel bag on the counter, crossing his arms, and remained silent. He was here to work, not to make pleasantries, those could come after the mission… provided he even wanted to make them, which usually he didn’t. The only person here he even had an inkling of wanting to talk to was the smaller being, Specter, who he was technically standing behind him. Catching the last bit of what he was saying about him, “Whats happened to me over the years is my business, but if you must know, its been running, lots of running. That is all I’m going to say right now.” Fieryone would say, going back to being silent.

flybat3

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 09:21:20 am »
Kai started looking at the blue prints and such on the table, clearly interested in them. He liked knowing how things worked, why things worked, and how to improve on things. He might not be the most experienced mechanic but at least he really enjoyed what he was doing.

Kai smiled briefly "No problem". He liked be useful too.

He understood the uniforms obviously but tilted his head at the cube. He remembered the computer paper but the cube seemed new to him. He looked at it wondering what it was for a second and figuring that it may be some crew equipment data pad or some weapon he had never seen before, didnt comment. In regards to the uniforms though, he was sad to find that they didnt come with hats. He could brush his hair into a spikey mess or flatten his ears down, hopefully that would be enough. Neko's werent rare but not a commen thing to see either. Course on Cancer, there wasn't a normal really.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »
<I don't care what that human's history is, or what you think happened yesterday. I care about a group of beings that will soon be dead, unless your friend's inability to adhere to a simple meeting time allows them to escape, at which point that human's present will become part of that history. Though I'm sure there is a perfectly valid explanation for making those poor children wait for their rescuers.>, Sarah responded, teeth partially bared. <Shut up before I shut you up.>, she snapped to the drunk on the floor as he made a strangled cry halfway between a scream and a moan.

<Now that we're all here,>, Sarah began privately to the group as soon as Fieryone arrived, ignoring Kai's examination of her datapad for the moment, <I suggest we get started. While you were all doing whatever it was you were wasting time on, >, a glare at Fieryone added an implied 'specifically, the human' to the remark, <I decided to get some prep work done. Kai, brakja, these are our way in. The cubes are copies of the multi-tool I use in my work. Or, rather, so it actually looks like I'm doing work. Apparently, most people can't accept that I have ways of seeing what the problem is without having to check the computer or take things apart. They're biometrically locked, so you'll have to register them. Press the blue button, then follow the directions on the holoscreen. If you can't manage that,>, another look at Fieryone, <You aren't capable enough to use them anyway. As for the uniforms, I'm sure I don't need to explain how those work, do I? Needless to say, that duffel bag is a risk. Unless you think a group paranoid idiots on the run won't notice and check such an obvious place to hide weapons, I suggest picking one or two you can easily conceal.>, no look was needed this time, <I've also studied the blueprints of the ship.>, Sarah tapped the datapad, bringing up a three-dimensional image of the ship, <If you insist on going through the vents, this is a map of the system.>, another tap highlighted the various shafts within the ship. With a glance at Specter, she continued, <Still think you can get through them?>. Sarah paused to let him answer.

[Note: The cubes have been modified specifically for Kai and Fieryone and log fingerprints, retinas, voiceprint, DNA (taken via a simple finger prick), a hair sample, and brainwave sample.]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:13:59 am by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Nascent

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 06:35:31 am »
(OOC: Hey all, sorry my post has taken so long. Things've been pretty ballistic on my end the last few weeks... and I'm currently getting ready to head to the airport and fly out of the country for two weeks, so while I'm not saying I won't have a post up during that time I figured it was only right to let you all know that it might be a week or so yet. Sorry again for the delay -- I promise we'll get this rolling again soon.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal