Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Always right before exams...  (Read 396 times)

Bowen

Always right before exams...
« on: February 08, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »
Hey!  I'm Bowen.  Third-year Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Animal Science) major from northern BC (Canada), currently stuck in Saskatchewan (also Canada, and depressingly flat).

Um.  I like to write (obviously), grow orchids (starting to get into species - got a Houlletia odoratissima on the way!), am hooked on Australian Shepherds, and have the elusive goal of improving sheep production in northern BC.

The title refers to the fact that I have a biochemistry (last course of it!) midterm tomorrow morning (yes, on a Saturday >.<) and most of the rest of my other midterms are spread across next week XD  Still, I've been finding myself with a bit too much spare time despite the many hours spent rewriting carbohydrate reaction pathways, and I'm not in the mood to work on my novel-in-progress - thus, internet writing! :D

I'm also mildly crazy at the moment, since in the past twenty four hours I have slept not very little, but somewhere above 14 hours.  I tend to build characters when I'm half asleep.  I may also express varying degrees of insanity at other times.  I assure you it is not genetic, but may be contagious.  I haven't kept good enough records to know that one.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Always right before exams...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 07:48:55 pm »
Hiya Bowen and welcome! 8D I'm Rhi, nice to meetcha!

Oh man, orchids huh? You must have an awesome green thumb! I have the black thumb of death. |: I kill even bamboo. Le sigh!

Good luck with those finals, too, btw! Sounds like an interesting field!

I'm always up for RP so if ya ever wanna RP, hit me up, yo! 8D I have a bajillion characters so there's always someone available! xD
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »
HI AND WELCOME~ *offers fresh welcome cookies hot out of the oven* ^_____^

Orchids are beautiful~ but they are hard to take care of... I tried and it didn't work out all that well sadly....

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAMS! And I don't wanna talk about puppies cause I can't have a puppy and I will get all jealous and stuff >.>

XD

Bowen

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:50:14 am »
Cookies!

The trick with orchids is really just consistency - and finding the right species or hybrids for your conditions.  I'm lucky in that I have intermediate temperatures and a good range of light levels, so if I stick with intermediate-temperature plants all I have to keep an eye out for is humidity and moisture.

Also: biochem midterm is done, just have breeding/genetics, feed technology, and economics over the next week.  And lambing tonight, so I won't be on for a chunk of the evening/night, but that's very different from an exam.

If it helps, Nix, when I refer to my dog, she's actually in a different province right now :( my current living conditions, though I hope they'll be changing come either may or september, don't allow anything but fish - and even those they're touchy on.

Offline Tally

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »
Bowen!  Hi!! 8D

Hope your midterms are going swell! x3  And hey!  Rhi and I take turns harassing each other into working on our novels-in-progress, so when you start back up again we could totally harass you too! xD

I hope you are enjoying your stay here thus far and hit me up if you need anything or have any questions! :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal