Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Puppy Love [Tally]  (Read 888 times)

Offline Nix

Puppy Love [Tally]
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:02 am »
Lokan took a deep breath before walking into The Piss Hole, a crude name and place that he wasn't particularly fond of. He was a bit surprised to see it relatively empty for a change. It was late but there was still plenty of time before it closed, and usually this place was pretty popular.

He had spent about an hour fusing over what to wear tonight and he still wasn't happy with his appearance. Nothing seemed good enough for going out to the place where he worked. His brown cargo pants, matching jacket and tight black shirt just- ugh! He looked so stupid! Lokan admitted he didn't own much in the way of casual clothing. Anything besides work clothes was usually for sleeping in. It wasn't like he visited bars often, he didn't even really like alcohol.

It was just that... well after seeing the bartender here, Lokan just couldn't get him out of his mind. He walked stiffly up to the bar and sat down on a stool, trying not to stare at the beautiful bartender the entire time.

Offline Tally

Re: Puppy Love [Tally]
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:35:21 am »
Ah, it was Lokan!  Val's eyes zeroed in on that hair immediately.  He'd always wanted to tell the Marshal he loved his hair, but somehow it always sounded overbearing and inappropriate in his head, so he never had.

All in all, the night was pretty boring.  Val hadn't a thing else to do, so he slid over to lean against the bar, opposite Lokan.  "Hey.  Here to keep me company?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 02:00:47 am »
Oh my gods, oh my gods, oh my gods! Lokan's heart raced when Valentino came over too him. His mouth was as dry as the Edanith frontier and he couldn't seem to make it work. WORDS COME FORTH DAMN IT! "Umm yeah I guess, I mean it doesn't look too busy tonight, which is weird cause its usually busier when I stop by, and at least you don't have to work too hard then right? So I guess I can keep you company or whatever... I mean, yeah. Sure."

WHAT WAS THAT?! Lokan wanted to slam his head against the bar repeatedly till he could forget that verbal mess he just spewed all over, but instead he just smiled nervously at the beautiful bartender. "...so uh... how are you?"

Yeah, real smooth. Nice save.

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:53:52 am »
Lokan was always so uptight around him.  It must have been something he was doing.  He sure didn't see the Marshal acting like this with anybody else.  All stiff like this.

"No, you're right.  Business just ain't happenin' today.  Might be something going down on the other side of the station, pulling everybody away."

Val found some glasses to wipe down, but the truth was he was he was way ahead of schedule tonight.  Not a whole lot left to do.  "I've cleaned nearly everything there is to clean around here.  Can I make you something?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:35 pm »
Lokan got lost looking at that cute face, he didn't even realize that he was spacing out a bit till Val asked if he wanted something to drink. "Uh... yeah just a beer I guess..." He said rubbing the back of his neck a bit.

Why was he such a pathetic, nervous wreck around Val. "So umm... how are you doing?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:17:44 pm »
Val didn't know Lokan super well, but he knew him enough not to ask which beer he wanted.  Val picked one out for him instead, an import with an interesting flavor.

"Um...well, actually kinda nervous?  I have to leave on a job in a couple days."

Offline Nix

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 10:33:00 pm »
Lokan took the beer that Val picked out and took a small swig, and then another. He was about to comment on the flavor when Val added that next line and Lokan had to choke down the beer in his mouth to prevent himself from doing a spit take.

After coughing a bit he looked over at the bartender and the words once more came spewing out. "Y-You're leaving? For where? When will you be back?! What kind of job? Why are you nervous about it? It's not something dangerous is it? Don't go..."

By the time the words left his open hanging mouth it was too late to take them back. He could only blush slightly and drink more of the beer, averting his gaze from the bartender he had just bombarded with questions.

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:44 am »
That...that was a more powerful reaction than he'd expected.  And here he'd thought he was making casual conversation!

"That's a lot of questions!"  He leaned on the bar so he could try to catch Lokan's averted eyes.  "I can't answer them all but, well..."

He shrugged.  "You know how it is, right?"

That Val took on mercenary work was a rather well-known but never spoken fact.  He'd never said as much himself, but he didn't try to hide it either.  He was discrete, not secretive.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:09:36 pm by Tally »

Offline Nix

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 10:41:23 pm »
Lokan found himself looking up slightly and catching Val's eyes. How he could just drown in those eyes forever. "I guess, but... I'm going to miss you." He said before he could stop himself.

"A-And you know, I will worry about you and all, so just be careful and stuff."

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »
He did his best to put some reassurance in his smile.  "You shouldn't worry.  I'm not!"

He never got the jitters right before a job.  Too busy working out the logistics and figuring how to make it all work and get out alive.  There was something about it all that he found...calming.

"We should go out and do something before I leave.  Tonight work?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal