Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Justice and Soda Pop [RHI!]  (Read 5333 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Justice and Soda Pop [RHI!]
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 12:01:04 am »
Bailey held up both hands as though to stave off her uncle's ramble. "Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. I ain't tossin' ya out, but ya gotta behave. My roof, my rules. And rule one is pants are a thing ya wear."

As soon as they'd made their introductions, she took her uncle by the arm and pulled him away. "Great, now you're acquainted! Lyric--wait, Lyric? Your name's Lyric? What kinda name's that?" It popped out before she realized how rude that was, and her face reddened. "Er, never mind! Alright, so we're all friends now. Now Uncle, for the love of all things, put on some  pants!"

Anything to get those two separated.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 12:12:19 am »
Hravart shook the other's hand. "Lyric huh? What a pretty name. I bet you make lovely music in bed." He said still wearing that cheeky grin. "Yer lucky Bailey here found ya, there are plenty of bandits in the desert who would have robbed ya blind or worse out there. Hell I probably would have had my way with you alrea-"

The last little inconsequential bit of his sentence was cut off by Bailey pulling him away. "Bails, boxers count as pants just fine. Besides are you implying dresses or skirts are prohibited? What a shame, and here I was hoping our fashionable new friend could get ya to dress more feminine."

Offline Tally

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 12:00:20 am »
Lyric laughed, a little caught by surprise, and that happened with enough infrequency he the appreciated the opportunity to enjoy it.  This guy did not know the meaning of the word subtle did he?

"Wait, bandits?" 

Well, shit.  He had been going to ask if maybe Hravart needed some help getting into his pants, but then the heralds of wickedness just had to trumpet their presence and he had to get all serious.  "Where?  You're not going out there where they might be?"

Bailey still had to go look for her cattle.  He really thought he'd gotten out of that one, but maybe he should go along anyway?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2013, 02:31:51 pm »
Bailey could have shriveled right up in mortification. This was why she didn't have guests when her uncle was around. She sank her face into her hand.

"I am so sorry ya had to hear that. I promise he's not actually a sexual predator, even if he certainly talks like one," she said, leveling a glare at Hravart. "And I promise he's not really a ragin' misogynist even if he has some real weird ideas about what a frontierswoman workin' with stinkin' dirty cattle should be wearin'." Another pointed glower.

She gave him a shove toward the guest bedroom. "Now put on some pants, skirts, dress, whatever! Somethin' where nothin's in danger of flappin' on out."

And then, turning to Lyric, she let out a long-suffering sigh. "Of course I'm goin' out where they might be."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2013, 10:04:52 pm »
Hravart was unceremoniously shoved in the direction of the guest room and grumbled about it but he finally obliged his niece by putting on some skin tight jeans with suspenders just to give her the added protection of his pants not falling down and bits flopping out. Though, his bits were particularly nice to look at. Also suspenders looked sexy. He returned moments later though.

"Whoa whoa why is everyone suddenly in a rush to leave me? Do I need to take my pants back off to get you two ta stay?"

Lyric seemed preoccupied with the idea of bandits and well 90% of the time Hravart just didn't understand Bailey at all.

Offline Tally

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 11:31:17 am »
Lyric smiled, looking between the two of them.  They were certainly family, no mistaking that.  He could have guessed it even if Bailey  hadn't told him.

By the time Hravart joined them again, Lyric had already decided what he should do.

"Don't worry, I'm not fit to go anywhere.  Well, good luck Bailey!"

Of course he intended to go after her as soon as she left.  This was way easier than arguing with her about it, though.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 11:15:56 am »
"NO!" Bailey said, wheeling around on Hravart. "Keep. Them. On. Also, you're comin' with me. I don't trust ya alone with him."

She was a little surprised at how easily Lyric agreed to stay put after all his fussing, but maybe now he was out of the sun, he was finally coming to his senses. She motioned toward the kitchen.

"Help yourself, Lyric. There's tea in the fridge. Snacks. Bread and sandwich stuff. Plenty of things to munch on. Feel free to kick back on the couch and take a nap or somethin', alright? We'll be back shortly, so stay out of trouble."

Offline Tally

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 05:51:22 pm »
Naturally, Lyric didn't stay behind.  He tracked Bailey from a good distance away.  Which wasn't to say he knew anything about tracking, or about being stealthy, but he kept her mostly in sight and tried to make sure he didn't put his silhouette against the horizon.

Eh, even if she saw him, so what?

It wasn't until they'd been out there an hour that things began to get interesting.  They were in some kind of...rock shard forest.  Jacket spears of stone jutted up out of the otherwise flat landscape, obscuring the far distance and giving him a chance to get closer to her without being seen...or so he hoped.

Getting seen by Bailey wasn't his worry, though.  No, that would be the cloud of dust kicking up in a line not far away from them.  Something was moving over there, moving toward Bailey, and the rocks obscured any line of sight he might get of whatever it was.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »
Unfortunately, Bailey was completely unaware of the thing coming toward her. She was on horseback and her back was turned to it, upwind of the disturbance so the dust blew away from her, rather than toward her.

And she had no reason right then to glance behind her, for she'd caught sight of her missing cow as it grazed lazily on the scraps of some dead plant.

With a sigh and a shake of her head, Bailey trotted her horse toward it and prepared her lasso, ready to toss it over the cow's head, as right behind her, just out of her sight, the thing broke through the ground.

It was the cracking of earth that made her turn--

Only to come face to face with a beast with too many legs and snapping pincers, translucent green liquid dripping from its gaping maw.

Offline Nix

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 10:07:02 am »
Hravart had veered off from Bailey as they figured it was faster and more efficient if they covered more ground, but when he saw the dust cloud heading Bailey's way he made haste to her side, galloping past Lyric who he had realized awhile ago had been following them.

Fuck. He halted his horse a bit behind Bailey and aimed his pistol at the beast. "Get down!" He shouted at his niece.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2016, 11:26:22 pm »
Get down she did.

Or rather, she was thrown down.

Her horse let out a whinny of panic and reared, and Bailey was so struck by the horror of it all that she didn't have the time or sense to hold on until it was too late. With a startled cry, she tumbled from the saddle as the horse bolted and had one brief, panicked thought of, Oh please don't let my foot get caught in the stirrups.

It didn't, and she landed with a thud on her back, gasping in shock and pain--and then horror when she realized just how bloody close she was to that monster.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal