Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Awkward Times in Outer Space (Flaaaakey!)  (Read 2512 times)

godsibb

Awkward Times in Outer Space (Flaaaakey!)
« on: August 25, 2012, 11:55:26 pm »
Kay was happy. Ridiculously happy. Really, there wasn’t a word to describe the insane amount of joy she felt.

She and Kit had finally, finally managed to get on his ship and leave Aedolis just a little while ago, on their way to...well, she didn’t really remember. She wasn’t paying attention, just glad to finally be free. Almost immediately after getting on the ship, she had dropped her bag and ran off, eager to explore. After finding a few rooms, a bathroom, and a small living area, she was now in the kitchen.

Looking around at the various appliances in all her excitement, she got the not-so-brilliant idea to unleash her powers and test out her technopathy. Examining the kitchen carefully for something small, Kay spied an innocent-looking toaster and decided to experiment on it. Taking a deep breath to focus herself, she completely dropped her mental shields and gave the small appliance a determined look, touching it.

It exploded.

She squealed loudly, half in pain, half from pride at successfully (kind of) using her powers, and dived out of sight at record speed.

Well...that wasn’t too bad for a first try.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Flakeblood

Re: Awkward Times in Outer Space (Flaaaakey!)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:46:29 am »
Kit was currently on the bridge. Well, in reality it was a tiny room, smaller than the bedrooms, that held the controls for piloting the ship. He had instructed Kay to stay away from the deck that held all the important things, such as the engine room, the miniscule cargo area, and of course, the bridge. Of course, his miniature ship only had two decks, so he didn't know how much she'd actually be able to look at. So long as she didn't do anything, er, reckless...

The sounds of a small explosion and warning signal from his controls wiped that thought from his mind. "Holy–" Indulging in a few choice curses, he then moved to the security panel. He flipped to the video feed the alert indicated and found himself looking at the kitchen. Yep. Looked like an explosion alright, albeit a small one.

He shut off the little warning beeps with a command to filter the smoke out of the air, and set the controls to autopilot. It'd be fine for another few hours before he had to check the direction and other settings again.

This done, he headed to the lower deck, where the kitchen, Kay, and some explanations were waiting.

It took only a minute at his pace, because the ship truly was small. The scene he came upon when entering the kitchen/dining area was... amusing and exasperating at the same time. Not that he'd admit to the former.

His little rescuee had somehow managed to blow up a toaster.

He looked at it, blinked, and looked at it again. Now see, that toaster had been a returned gift from one of his older siblings; they'd already had one. So, he didn't care much for it, especially since he didn't make toast all that often. Heck, he could always use the actual oven if he really needed to make toast.

"..."

Explanations could wait until the mess was gone. He opened a cabinet under the sink and pulled out a small bottle of soap and two sponges. He tossed the one with pink and orange circles to Kay.

"Start scrubbing." Kit poured a bit of soap onto his own sponge, then offered some to her. 'Those burn marks won't just walk off.'
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:39:06 pm »
Kay squeezed out from her hiding place underneath a chair as Kit walked in, grinning sheepishly. She had a few small cuts on her arms and hands, but nothing too serious.

"Sorry, I'm sorry!" Standing, she caught the sponge, her tail wagging wildly.

"I was testing out my technopathy, and it worked! W-well, I got, uh... A little excited...but still! I did it!!"

Kay bounced over and grabbed the soap, squeezing a little bit too much onto the sponge. Picking up what was left of the toaster, she petted the remains gently.

"And I'm very sorry to you, Mr. Toaster. I didn't mean to make you explode, but thank you for helping me practice!"

Putting the toaster remains aside, she then started scrubbing furiously at the burn marks.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 09:11:36 pm »
What did she want him to do? Congratulate her? For using her psionic powers? Er, no. Not that Kit thought she was a bad sort, as she was... obliviously naive at times, but he still didn't feel all that comfortable around psychics. Lingering childhood prejudices, most likely.

Well, seeing her apologizing to the toaster was rather nonsensical. Or... was it? Considering she had–what was it called...? Ah, technopathy, perhaps the machines talked back. When they were functioning. And not blown up.

'...Is the toaster dead?'

Shaking his head at his inane thought, Kit started scraping at his own patch of soot, though his technique was slower and more fastidious than Kay's maniacal scrubbing. He realized he hadn't said much, but he wasn't really angry at her. Sure, he'd prefer to keep the creepy powers to a minimum, but he knew it wasn't of malicious intent. It wasn't even purposeful.

After a couple minutes of scrubbing, Kit answered as though he was still right in the middle of the conversation.

"You don't have to apologize. At least you did not practice on the ship's systems."
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

godsibb

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »
"Ah..."

Kay's mood immediately fell as she shifted uncomfortably and slowed down her scrubbing, painfully aware of the fact that Kit didn't share her enthusiasm. A small, unhappy pout appeared on her face. She forgot how he felt about psychics.

"Y-yeah... I won't do anything with the ship, promise..." Or with anything else anymore.

She neglected to mention that the toaster wasn't dead, just...unconscious.

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 06:29:06 am »
Noticing the obvious mood change, Kit raised an eyebrow at his passenger. Now that was odd. She bounced back and forth between moods so fast, it was hard for him to keep up. What had he said? Only that she didn't need to apologize. Plus, he hadn't been too stern when warning her away from the ship's systems; they were too important for survival out here to be taken lightly.

He was about two seconds away from blowing it off as a woman thing. Then again, he might as well put his practice with his sisters to use.

He let out an inaudible sigh and turned, looking at Kay with his eye that wasn't covered by hair.

"Kay... what's wrong."

Ah, that also sounded less like a question than he meant, damn it all.

godsibb

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »
Kay turned her head away from Kit, his tone making her feel worse. Was he mad? That question sounded kind of sarcastic. Yeah, he was definitely mad. Was it because she slowed down? Or maybe it was something she said? It was probably both. She started cleaning faster.

"N-nothing’s wrong, I meant, I won’t use m-my powers ever again..." She sniffed. “I...I-I’m s-s-s...soooorryyyyyy..."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:04:31 pm »
Was she–? No. No no no no. Crap, Kay crying. Sweet mother of– What was he supposed to do?!

Kit continued to flail mentally, though he hadn't moved outwardly at all. He didn't want her to cry, it just made him feel awkward and... mean—like he'd just kicked a puppy or ripped the petals off of a little girl's favorite flower. Plus, he lacked recent experience with this. The last woman he had comforted had been one of his sisters, and that had been years ago. His sisters had all grown to respectable ages now, and had husbands to comfort them in place of their brothers. Kay had... him.

Real men don't ever make women cry.

Sighing lightly and steeling his nerves for what he was about to do, Kit set down his sponge on the counter he was cleaning and wiped his hands on his black pants. He stepped up behind the crying girl and enfolded her in a light hug. He made sure to keep it friendly, with his hands in proper areas. He just wanted to comfort her, not confuse and agitate her more.

"Didn't I tell you that you don't have to apologize?"

Dammit. Couldn't he shut his damn mouth before he ruined the moment? He mentally cursed himself for his insensitive stupidity before he remembered who he was dealing with. He cut off his abrasive language and tried to project his definitely-not-anger emotion.

godsibb

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:56:13 pm »
Kay squeaked lightly and dropped her sponge as she felt Kit hug her. Alright, this was... Weird. Angry people don’t normally hug other people. Not sure what to do, she instead focused on his thoughts, trying to figure out what he was actually thinking. Sniffing, she leaned forward slightly and turned her head, looking at him from the corner of her eye.

"Y...you’re not mad...?"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:35:45 pm »
Kit raised an eyebrow, though it was covered by his long bangs. Really, was he that scary looking? ...Okay well, best not to answer that question.

"No. I'm not."

He wasn't really sure how to describe his emotions, seeing as he didn't actively try to show them that often, but he did know he wasn't angry.

Well. Now that that was all sorted out, he needed to cheer her up. He knew of several things that had always made his sisters happy. He had also learned, sometimes painfully, that it's a good idea to do more than one of those activities. First activity: giving her bits of adrenaline and the accompanying euphoria.

A small mischievous grin spread across his face, and he didn't even bother trying to wipe it off. With the current leverage he had over Kay, he lifted her into the air a bit and moved to the adjacent dining area. It was small, but fairly empty. Perfect for what he was about to do.

"Have you ever wanted to fly, Kay?"

That was all the warning he gave before twirling around and around, Kay securely in his arms.

godsibb

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 04:02:29 pm »
Letting out a sigh of relief, Kay wiped her eyes and blushed, embarrassed that she was being so moody. It’s been a long while since she really spent any time around anyone else (especially a guy...) and this, along with her newfound freedom, made her...pretty emotional.

Kay took a deep breath and smiled at the floor, attempting to return to her normal optimistic self. Right when she was about to apologize, Kit suddenly picked her up and asked a really strange question.

"Ah! F-fly? Wha- WAH!!"

As soon as he started spinning her around, Kay instinctively squeezed her eyes shut and gripped Kit’s arms tightly, hanging on for dear life. After a few seconds, once she got over the initial shock and realized that he wasn’t going to throw her across the room, she peeked one eye open. It was...actually pretty fun.

"Ha...haha. Faster...!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 07:21:17 am »
As the girl in his arms relaxed, so too did Kit. He had worried when she screamed, but that had melted away when she grew more enthusiastic. Hearing her request, he spun slightly faster, making sure to keep a good grip on Kay. He laughed as he spun, elated that one of his ideas had worked.

"Faster?" he asked teasingly, "Faster?"

Since his concentration was tied up in holding Kay, he didn't watch what his feet were doing. Going faster kept his feet in a quick step, and a slight shift in his footwork threw him off balance.

He only had time to let out a surprised grunt before slipping backwards and landing on his back. Having been holding Kay, he brought her down directly on top of him, pushing the air out of his lungs.

He lay there, stunned, and couldn't do much other than stare unseeingly at the ceiling.

godsibb

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »
It was an unpleasant sensation, falling backwards. At first, she didn’t know they were falling, and thought it was some fancy trick Kit was doing. Until she heard him grunt in surprise. The first thought that ran through her head was ‘oh crap.’ After that, she remembered that she would be falling on Kit instead of the floor, and felt relief. Then she realized, oh crap, she would be falling on Kit instead of the floor, pretty much body slamming him.

As soon as they landed, Kay immediately attempted to roll off Kit, wanting to check and see if he was alright. However, when she turned her body, a very sharp and extremely painful tug below her lower back caused her to quickly turn back into her original awkward position on top of him. Oh gods, how did she not notice him landing directly on top of her tail? Holy crap, this was agonizing. Staring up at the ceiling, Kay bit her lip to keep herself from yowling loudly in pain, instead making a low groaning sound as tears sprang to her eyes.

Blinking quickly, she tried to let Kit know that he was lying on her tail and it would be great if he could somehow get off without causing further damage to it, but a small whimper escaped her mouth instead. She cleared her throat and tried again, her voice squeaking.

"T....tail..."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:22 pm »
The small whimper brought him back to his senses, though he was still too out of it to realize what "tail" could mean. He rolled to his side carefully while holding Kay, consequently leaving her on her side with her back to him. When done, he felt something on his side that was facing the ceiling, and looking, saw a large cat tail hanging on him. Oh. Ooooh.

He had landed on top of her tail and hadn't noticed at all. Shit. At least it was free now, though Kit wasn't sure how easily tail bones could break or fracture. He'd better ask to make sure. Rolling her over to face him would cause her tail more pain, so he decided to leave her as is.

"I apologize."

Talking was still uncomfortable, so he didn't want to do it more than necessary. Since one arm of his was trapped between them after helping her roll, he gently moved his free arm to touch her tail. He prodded very carefully with his thumb, checking for any signs that a bone was out of place.

"How are you?"

godsibb

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:07 pm »
As soon as Kit rolled them over, Kay sighed in relief. Already the pain was starting to fade away. At his prodding, her tail twitched slightly. It still kind of hurt, but luckily, nothing was broken.

"I...I’m fine... Just really sore." Not fine enough to actually move, though. She blinked away her tears and turned her head slightly, trying to look at Kit without repositioning her body.

"Are you okay?"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 10:34:18 am »
Though the smile wasn't the most reassuring, Kit did have the small thing on his face. Honestly, his sternum felt rather tender--he'd have to check that for fractures later--and his tailbone was sore, but other than that probably just bruising. Was he a man or wasn't he? He could tough it out.

"Fine." With both of them being... relatively unharmed, he slowly pushed himself to a sitting position. His legs were to his side, and he supported himself with one arm.

"Can you get up?"

He noticed his hat and goggles on the floor nearby, but didn't bother with them yet. Scooting closer, he pushed both of his arms underneath Kay, one at her head and one at her back, to help her into a sitting position.

godsibb

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 04:00:15 pm »
Kay sat up slowly with Kit’s help and smiled over at him.

"Yeah, thanks..." She rubbed her back, carefully resting her tail in her lap. "Well, that was...fun...? Haha..."

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:05 am »
'Wasn't exactly how I planned it out...' He sighed, gently rubbing his chest to feel for anything abnormal.

Still, she had fun? Either that or she was just being polite. Kit ran a hand through his hair self-consciously.

"I see." Bones groaning in distress, he slowly lifted himself to his feet and rotated his arms one at a time. He then offered a hand to Kay. "My apologies."

It was the second time he had apologized, but the first he had meant for the entire incident. It had startled him in some way, though he still wasn't sure how, and the formal speech came easier in his confusion.

godsibb

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 12:52:57 pm »
"It’s alright, it’s alright." She grabbed his hand, pulling herself to her feet. "You did it to cheer me up, and it worked."

As if to prove her point, Kay grinned brightly up at him, reaching up with her arms.

"Besides, I’ve definitely hurt myself much worse!" She then bent over backwards, laying her hands flat on the floor. Several satisfying cracks sounded from her back. "Mmmm, that feels much better... See, nothing’s broken or anything!"

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 05:44:51 pm »
There was such a difference between the size of their hands, or so it seemed to Kit. It shouldn't have been so different, considering their similar heights, but he felt as if his hand could cover hers completely. He might have contemplated the useless notion longer had he not been distracted by Kay bending over completely backwards, both hands and feet on the floor. Why was she so damn good at breaking his calm facade? If his eyes went any wider, he felt as though they pop straight out of his skull.

"...Yes, I see." He grabbed his cap off the floor and situated it back on his head, taking a couple breaths as well. "Do you purposely attempt to astound me? I do not think you have ever acted in a way I have predicted."

Except for the escape, perhaps. He had expected her fear, and he had not been wrong. The speed at which she had recovered afterwards, however, caught him off guard again. She had bounced about and cheerfully killed toasters, as though she hadn't been in a life-or-death situation just before. Odd. Though... he didn't mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal