Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: First time at the Cancer (Open)  (Read 445 times)

Anonymous

First time at the Cancer (Open)
« on: March 23, 2008, 04:25:34 am »
Setrul stretched as he strolled down the ramp of the Teigrin. They had been flying round the uncivilised planets a long time…though then again few would call the Cancer ‘civilised’.

The reason they had been away from civilisation so long was because of their newest crew member, Forever. She had once been Princess of a planet named Lanaes and there was always the chance someone would recognise her. However they had discovered that she had been sleeping for 30 years and hadn’t aged at all in that time. Forever wasn’t immortal, she wasn’t a vampire or anything like that so if a Lanaerian were to see her they would probably dismiss her appearance as just a resemblance, Princess Forever should actually be about 53 now but only looked 23.

Farica emerged from the Teigrin with Forever who looked less like a princess now. When they had found her she had been a perfect picture of royalty, tiara, pretty dress and high-heeled shoes. Now she looked like them, a pirate and a cute one she was too.

â€œSo this is The Cancer?â€? Forever asked

Farica started down the ramp, “Yep, it gets a bit rowdy here, but it’s not bad.â€?

Setrul laughed, “To us it’s like home, all the pirates of the galaxy stop here.â€?

â€œIt’s great for finding work,â€? Farica added.

Forever shifted nervously, “But do you think I might stand out a bit?â€?

â€œNah,â€? Setrul replied, “You gets all sorts here, though I’d never seen a Lanaerian until I’d seen you. But don’t worry so much.â€?

â€œVery well.â€?

Farica sighed exasperatedly, “What have we told you about talking like that? Don’t says ‘very well’ people will notice you say ‘okay’ or ‘alrighty’.â€?

â€œO…okay…â€?

The trio locked up the ship then wandering into the Red District. Forever was amazed at what she saw, there was shops, bars, clubs, brothels and all manner of other things. And it was full of some of the most interesting people she had ever seen, some didn’t even look vaguely humanoid. She had seen many things in the short time she had been travelling with Farica and Setrul but never had she seen so much variation in once place.

â€œIt’s amazing…â€? she breathed.

Setrul and Farica both laughed.

â€œYeah, that’s what I thought the first time I saw it,â€? Setrul chuckled, “I’d been to the Libra before then but this place is entirely different.â€?

â€œThere are so many different people,â€? Forever said.

â€œYou get all sorts here, human, mages, sorcerers, vampires, demons, incubi…â€?

â€œYet you’d never seen a Lanaerian before?â€?

Farica shrugged, “No, but here someone with purple hair doesn’t really stand out.â€?

They continued walking until the reached a bar called the Songbird and the pair went in, Forever was too busy looking round she almost didn’t notice them disappear inside. Farica and Setrul took seats at the bar and Forever scrambled after them.

â€œHey there barkeep!â€? Setrul exclaimed, “Long time no see.â€?

The bar tender looking disgruntled, “Didn’t I tell you not to call me that? It sounds like a comic relief character from a bad video game sequel.â€?

â€œYeah that’s what I was going for,â€? Setrul replied cheekily.

Farica pushed Setrul out of the way slightly, “Ignore the idiot. We were wondering if anyone wanted work doing or if you had any leads to where we might find some treasure.â€?

Forever was surprised; she had seen Farica and Setrul touting for work before but never so openly; this place really was a haven for pirates. Before the bar tender answered he glanced toward Forever.

â€œThis a new crew mate? Or did you kidnap her?â€?

â€œHeyâ€?, Setrul protested, “We only kidnap people who want to be kidnapped, we aren’t that bad.â€?

â€œShe’s our new crew mate yes,â€? Farica answered, “Her name’s Forever, she’s a Lanaerian.â€?

The bar tender looking interested, “Really? I’d heard of them but never seen one, not as impressive as I’d thought.â€?

â€œYou should see what magic she can do,â€? Setrul interjected, “She packs quite some power.â€?

Forever could feel her face heating up, she always got embarrassed when people praised her, especially when it was Setrul.

â€œSo have you got anything for us?â€? Farica asked.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal