Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: ...And Straight Onto Mitternacht!! (Lades and Open!)  (Read 1045 times)

Anonymous

...And Straight Onto Mitternacht!! (Lades and Open!)
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:31 pm »
Sedaris glanced over at Aryte who looked even sillier at the moment. She had a long black coat of his over her shoulder and pulled tight around her in the bar to hide her dragon appendages. He was sure to everyone else she looked quite sinister. He snickered to himself, she just looked silly to him. He crossed his arms looking around he had a beat up pair of jeans on and a dark green t-shirt with a red leather jacket over the outfit. It had been quite sometime since they had landed anywhere to pick up anyone or anything. They were scrapping together food for him and Ary was somehow living on peeps. He rolled his eyes looking at her in a booth by herself. He turned his eyes back to look around the bar silently.

Someone to take on for boarding is what they were looking for, something that needed transporting, anything! Aryte stared out from under the hood trying to conceal her body as much as she could. There was no telling which people were from Aedolis and which weren't. She followed Sedaris with her eyes watching him talk to different people. They had made apparent they'd be taking off soon with the advertisers, they hadn't heard from anyone yet though. This would certainly make it difficult to earn some cash. She sighed and slid her goggles down over her purple eyes plugging them into her modem and laying back going through books on her hard drive. Something, anything to read while she waited for Sedaris to strike a deal. She pulled her knees up to her chest and held them while pulling out a little wrist keyboard and plugging in some search words.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:07:37 pm »
Bleep. Bleep. The sounds of the monitor in front of Corrine's eyes scrolling through merchants was another failure in her eyes. She needed...someone that wasn't going to be too picky. A vessal that wasn't commercially owned was a good start. Something that could carry her...particular cargo and not ask too many questions about the contents within.

She smiled as the monitor quit, her eyes sparking with satisfaction. She'd found someone that looked like they'd be appropriate for the job. A two person crew was excellent news as well. Corrine made note of the vessal, turning back into the hustle of red district. She shook her hair, her horn parting the brittle strands. Mitternacht, huh. And she knew where to find them too.

Making her way to the bar listed on the ad, Corrine noticed the man from the monitor. She sidled her way over throough the room, until she was beside Sedaris. She nudged the man slightly, speaking where he could hear her voice. "You're crew on the Mitternacht, right? I understand you're looking for work?" She'd hoped for a favorable reply.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:28:34 pm »
Sedaris turned towards her and looked her over in a quick glance. They didn't care much about the people they brought on board. She didn't look too dangerous. He gave his best traveler winning smile. and tucked his thumbs on his jacket.

"Yes Ma'm, we are indeed." He wondered what sort of job she would have for them transport or passenger. He glanced towards Aryte and sighed as he saw her with her goggles on, she probably wasn't even aware of the world now. His eyes went back to the woman. "What would you be in need of?"

Aryte sat up a little but continued flicking through her selection of books and sighed again, finding nothing to her interest. She thought she might surf the wanted sites around here. What kind of fugitives were mentioned. Just in case she told herself.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:12:21 pm »
Corrine smiled, the promise of a successful business venture resting in her grasp. Her eyes lit up with satisfaction, as she pulled a small holopad out of her jacket pocket, handing it to Sedaris.

"It's simply a few containers, and I'd rather not go into the specifics of their contents. I hope that won't be a problem, will it? We can settle the matter with coin if need be." Corrine hoped that the man wouldn't ask too many questions about what she was transporting. Aedolis and Edanith both wouldn't take kindly to her selling the wares she'd salvaged off of a battle site or two.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:40 pm »
Sedaris took the holopad from Corrina a small smile on his face as he dragged his finger to flip through the items on the list. He turned to a very serious expression but he was more just stoked about the prospect of a job. He looked up at her and saw the excitement in her eyes it was enough for him. He handed her the holopad back.

"Everything looks to be in order. After all I'm sure it's just food for poor families." Poor, starving, drug taking, gun toting families.

Aryte found another mention on Aedolis warrants and fugitives and frowned. They were stretching their claws out further and further. She wasn't sure how long people could outrun that place.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 01:05:34 pm »
"Hehe. If it makes you feel any better, I won't say that it's not food." Corrine gave a wide smile. "So, who else is with your ship? The items are in a storage location onboard the station, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to get them moved to your ship, but I'd like to know who I'm travelling with besides you, Captain...huh. I haven't gotten your name yet. I'm Corrine."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 06:07:29 pm »
He gave a chuckle then put his hands up.

"I'm just public relations and mechanic." He took a step out of the way and pointed towards Aryte who was still running her hands over a small keyboard that was floating in front of her, immersed in her own web world. She was moving her lips speaking without saying anything.
"That...is the pilot and the captain. She's a little shy, and often very...wel lyou can see. I'm Sedaris."

Aryte's fingers stopped moving almost twitching to a stop. She lifted them up from the keyboard and pushed her goggles back to the top of her head. She hit a button on a device on her waist and the keyboard and headphones retracted into it. She leaned forward looking at Sedaris.

Did he have someone?

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 02:05:08 pm »
Corrine placed her hand over her mouth, wincing slightly. "Oh, I see. My fault for making an assumption then. PR work and you're the mechanic? Sounds like you've got the difficult jobs." Corrine ran a hand through her hair, nodding slightly. "I suppose I'll introduce myself to the captain then. Excuse me Sedaris."

Corrine walked over to Aryte, a confident swagger as she moved across the room. "Hello. Sedaris informs me that you're the captain of the Vessal. I'm Corrine, your newest customer. Charmed."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 03:47:44 am »
Sedaris nodded then tried to stop her before she walked over to Aryte but she was already over there introducing herself. He stopped and watched the two for a moment.

Aryte was looking up at Corrine a little confused that she was addressing her. She never though of herself as the Captain.

"Sorry Corrine I was off in my own little world. Yes if he approves then I do!" Aryte was a little nervous not use to people talking to her at first. Sedaris was always the runner of those things. She could just watch from the outskirts and rotate her way in slowly. Aryte smiled and tried to handle herself well, and not show how nervous she was.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:12:47 pm »
Doctor Jeramiah Kain De Jackoby hated his name, which was why he rarely ever used it. Seriously, how pompous had his mother been? Now he had to go see her for some family reunion. That would be fun *cough*.

He needed to find a ship headed to Libra, preferrably a cheap one. Librans were always easy to spot too. They were all so shy and uncomfortable about new people but they were generally good value.

'Hey Doc, what you doing down this end of Cancer?' called a guard.
Damn, they were always on his case. At least he wasn't drunk at the moment.
'Libra'
'I thought you hated it?'
No, he did not hate it, he hated his relatives and the weak booze they had there.

Ahhh, perfect. A two man show, and they looked like Librans too. One of them even had a overcoat on. They looked like they already had a customer but they looked like they could manage a second.

'Are you going to Libra?'

He knew he looked imposing standing there with his booze-laden sadle packs and weird eyes. Anyone on The Cancer would know that imost of the way he looked was a um, drunken accident but they did not look like they were from around here.

Anonymous

Re: ...And Straight Onto Mitternacht!! (Lades and Open!)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 07:44:09 pm »
Sedaris turned to see the man behind him. He took a step back and arched a brow at first. Then he swallowed and gained back his normal smile.

"We go wherever we need to sir." He let his attention drift away for a moment to Aryte. She was having some sort of conversation with Corrine that she looked way into. Sedaris's smile turned completely real.

He always had the habit of keeping a very close eye on Aryte, even when she didn't want  it...or pretended that she didn't. Though she seemed very comfy now, if not a little awkward in the conversation.

Sedaris turned his attention back to the new customer who...on second glance...looked more than a little weird.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: ...And Straight Onto Mitternacht!! (Lades and Open!)
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 08:21:04 pm »
'Hello? I'm over here,' said the Doc. He looked over to the two people talking and completely misunderstood the meaning of why the guy was looking across, 'so, do you have your eye for one?' He thought the man was curius about his new female passenger.

The tattoo on his back changed into a face. The transformation made it itchy so he scratched it. Damn tattoo. The tattoo was now eyeing the cloaked person and the other potential passenger. It grinned broadly, winked at them then turned onto a puppy with floppy ears.

Doc turned back around to the captain. He looked a bit frightened, 'do you think I'm scary, do ya?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal