Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Gut feeling {Rina}  (Read 2181 times)

Aria

Gut feeling {Rina}
« on: July 01, 2011, 12:15:38 am »
Anemone hurried down a relatively deserted hallway en route to the gym, rubbing at the dark circles that ringed her eyes and seemed to be permanent additions to her face these days. She was exhausted, but was making sure to try and put in at least an hour a day of exercise at the gym, wanting to strengthen her arm muscles and improve her cardio. While there had been little improvement as of yet- slowly but surely, she told herself. Attempting to remain optimistic, a little trait that she was trying to pick up from a friend.

She had removed her jacket, the sleeves looped around her waist and tied securely, as it would be more comfortable in the gym to train in the white short sleeved uniform shirt. More air, less sweat.

Anemone glanced around, having an odd sensation prickling the back of her neck. She blinked, steps faltering for a second. She felt like she was being watched. She stopped, her pointed ears straining to pick up following footsteps. She saw some people pass down a conjoining hallway to the right, but they were involved in a conversation and paid her no mind. Huh. Odd. She once again cursed not being more advanced with her telepathy. Otherwise she knew she'd be able to pick up on someone else's presence, unlike the mostly static and occasional thought she'd happen to receive.

She started to walk again, only to stop a minute later, the gut feeling of being watched an undeniable thing now. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She was sure she heard footsteps that landed just a fraction behind her own, and now couldn't just write it off as an echo. Anemone tried to suppress the undeniable urge to start sprinting and get the hell outta there. She really, really wanted to run, her flight instinct kicking in. But she refused. Turning on her heel, she headed the opposite way down the hallway, the way that she'd been coming from. Reached the corner she'd just turned, she paused, then jumped out suddenly with a triumphant expression. "AHA!"

Anemone had half been expecting to not find someone, certain that she was breaking under all the stress and tension. And was starting to hear things. So when it did turn out to be someone there around the corner, it startled her, and she stumbled back a few steps, silver eyes widening,"Oh!" Ane blinked, trying to place the young man before her. Effeminite good looks, odd hair, one severely intense blue eye. An eyepatch. Nika. From the spin the bottle game that all the candidates had been ordered to. What the hell? Her brows scrunched,"Are you.. are you following me?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Gut feeling {Rina}
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:37:18 am »
"Yes." Nika had been. She was interesting, not human and he could feel the oddity flowing through her veins. And he wanted to play with it, touch it and taste it. He stared up at her, expression blank and not sure what else the girl expected from him.

Aria

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 03:08:23 pm »
He was so matter-of-fact about it, so unabashed as if following her was completely normal and sane, that it threw her off once more. Anemone just stood there a moment, staring back at this odd boy. "I... well...." She straightened from her shocked posture, ran a frazzled hand through her already ruffled hair, then folded her arms in a somewhat defensive manner. "Right. Could I inquire as to... how long you've been following me?" This was a subconscious attempt to regain control of the situation, asking questions.

"And also- why exactly you're following me?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:10:05 pm »
"10 minutes and because you have interesting blood." Nika was very good at answering what was asked. He just wasn't very good at elaborating beyond that. Tilting his head, he watched her with his one blue eye, rarely blinking.

After a moment, he spoke again, "May I have some of your blood?"

Aria

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:51:25 pm »
"Ten minutes...?" Anemone echoed, brows raising in shock. Huh. Seemed her stupid big ears were good for nothing after all, if she couldn't even hear someone following after her for ten minutes. Then the latter part of his statement sunk in. Her mind flashed back to the spin the bottle game, he had made the same inquiry then when she was supposed to kiss him.

"I, ah...." Her brows furrowed, flushing light blue around her collar. "Why do you- I mean, are you a vampire, or something?" His gaze was unnerving, and not because he was missing an eye, but he never seemed to blink. An unwavering blue-eyed gaze.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:57:53 pm »
"No. I'm human." Nika waited a few moments, expecting her to answer his request for blood, one way or the other. But she didn't, so he wrinkled his brow, puzzled and asked again, "Can I have some? Please. It wont hurt. I'm told the feeling can be very sexually stimulating."

Aria

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »
"Oh." What? Anemone's brow wrinkled right back at the boy, utterly confused. Perhaps he simply did have a fetish for blood then? How... how did he mean to get it? Wait- now, what? She didn't care! She wasn't actually considering giving a stranger her blood.  

"W-What?" Her eyes widened. Sexually stimulating? There it was again, the same thing he'd said at the spin the bottle game. Her mind briefly flashed back to that event, thoughts brushing against her kiss with Elijah, the surprise and confusion spawned from that only tripling when she'd spun and gotten this Nika, who had asked for her blood. She flushed blue, the blush coloring her cheeks. "I-... er..." She trailed off, staring at Nika for a long moment. "..." Then she turned on her heel and started walking down the hallway, as she was entirely unsure of how to continue the conversation.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:35 pm »
Nika blinked, utterly confused. She hadn't answered and he wasn't sure what she was doing now. Did she want to go somewhere private? Was that a no? He really hated how vague most people were. They couldn't just say it clearly.

Trailing after her, Nika waited a moment before speaking, "I'm not sure what your answer is. I'm not very good with social interaction. Did I say something wrong?"

Aria

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 07:35:22 am »
He was following after her- she knew as much from the footsteps little more then a pace behind. Anemone glanced, somewhat embarrassed, over her shoulder then quickly looked ahead once more. "Well... I mean, not the... wrong thing, necessarily." The freaky thing, for sure.

Anemone hesitated a moment, footsteps faltering. Part of her was like "Well..." The part which was curious about the entire situation, such as why he wanted her blood. And the other part was like,"HELL NO." She didn't really wanted to become sexually... stimulated by the strange boy. That could lead to all kinds of weirdness. Her kiss with Eli surfaced in her mind until she shoved it away. Bad timing. She blushed deeper, scuffing her shoe against the floor as she thought. Yes, Nika was certainly not the most adept when it came to social situations, he was in fact a very far cry from it. He wanted a straight answer, however, and she wasn't sure how to give it to him.

Just tell him to go away? "Er.... look. I don't really... know you." That curious part of her was begging to know though,"Why exactly do you want my blood anyways? There's plenty of other people around here, don't you have friends that would give some?"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »
"What would you like to know? And you have interesting blood. It feels different than other people I have met. I want to touch it." Nika just kept staring up at Anemone, his expression blank and his voice neutral.

Aria

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »
Anemone furrowed her brow at him. What would she liked to know? "Wha-... well, it doesn't really work like that... I mean. Jeez. Anything, really, I guess." Honestly she'd meant it in more of a vague way, to point out that they were strangers. "Interesting?" She sounded quite incredulous. Oh yeah, sure, the bottom feeder lower city girl had "interesting" blood. Anemone flicked a look of distaste at her own hands, the blue skin pigment that colored them. But then she looked back at Nika. "Touch it." She echoed, brows raising. Yeah, definitely a blood fetish.

Jeez. It was like a staring contest with this guy, and he never seemed to blink. She stared back, caught by that unwavering pale blue eye. "Right... well..."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:53 pm »
((OMG D8 I TOTALLY THOUGHT I REPLIED TO THIS DDDDDDDD8))

Nika stared at her, head tilted and expression confused, "I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm following. What did you want to know so that you'll want to give me some blood." He paused for a moment, "You wont be hurt."

Aria

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
((LOL ITS OKAY. 8D))

Anemone folded her arms with a sigh. "Well, what I'm saying is that it doesn't work like that. There isn't anything specific. It's just.. more general then that. I don't know you. We're not.. even, well, friends."

She rolled her eyes,"Yes, I know. You've mad it clear that it won't hurt. I'm just... I'm not necessarily comfortable with... with giving you my blood. Or... Or being sexually stimulated by you." Her voice dropped to a whisper at the last sentence, blushing in a flustered way. What an awkward conversation.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »
"Oh. Well, what do I need to do to be friends and make you comfortable?" Nika was dead serious. He was willing to do what she needed to get what he wanted.

Aria

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:59:18 pm »
Anemone blinked, head tilting unbidden to the side as she stared incredulously. He was... serious. As far as she could tell. And he honestly didn't seem the type to joke around.

Well. Hell, what could she tell him? Being friends just happened, like with Eli. You couldn't tell someone how to be friends with you... could you? "You're that determined to get my blood?" Wow. Anemone stared at Nika thoughtfully. What if she just gave him a little...? Would he go away? She fretted, as the biggest thing that bothered her was the, ah... stimulation aspect. Maybe she could get away with just talking to him for a bit. Just being friends. Talking friends.

She glanced to the side, an open door to a class room. Sitting down was always more comfortable then standing. Taking on a kinder tone she gestured at the class room,"Why don't we sit down? It's easier to talk that way." She walked in, and sat in the seat nearest the door. "Well... okay. How about... you just tell me a little about yourself, first. Just, any facts you can think of. That would be a good start."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:04 pm »
Nika trailed after her and obediently took a seat, his expression rather blank as he stared at her, "My name is Nika. I'm a Stage 1 candidate and 17. I'm a sociopath and a hemokintic. I like to paint." He stared up at Aria, "Is there anything else you need to know?"

Aria

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:11 pm »
Anemone had been ready to respond happily in turn, till one of his words struck her. Er. He'd just said he was a sociopath and then followed it up with 'I like to paint.' "Um..."

That explained... a lot. Sociopath was bad, right? It was like psychopath. Was there a difference? Oh, damn her limited knowledge. Still. It was some sort of... pathy. What should she do? Oh gods. Okay. Wait. It's okay. For the moment. Just talk to him. Maybe it will be okay. Other then him being a sociopath.

With a glance at the door to calm herself, Anemone smiled at Nika. "Hello, Nika. I'm Anemone. I'm 15, and also a Stage 1 candidate. I'm an electrokinetic. I like to... um, I like sweets. And trimming my bonsai tree." Ane frowned momentarily, she really needed more hobbies. Focus. She resumed her smiling. "It's nice to meet you."

"See? This is generally a good way thing to do when you want to be friends with people,"She explained, watching his blank expression. "Introduce yourself, and tell eachother what you do, or like." This seemed to have turned into a lesson of sorts.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:35 pm »
"Ah. Yes. Rachel keeps trying to explain that to me. I apologize. I am not good at interactions with people." He kept watching her with that intense look on his face, unaware at how uncomfortable it made other people, "Is that enough to make us friends now?"

Aria

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 11:32:09 pm »
"I can tell. It's okay." Now she knew why, too. He was a sociopath. Yeah, the word wouldn't stop bugging her. Sociopath. I'm sitting with a sociopath, talking with a sociopath, making friends was a sociopath. A little voice in the back of her head tried to tell her, this is not usually a wise choice.

"Um." She stared back, unable to look away. "No... no, not really. Sorry." Er. Gods. His eye was really blue. "We should talk more. You said you like to paint... Why is that? What do you like to paint? People, landscapes...?"

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »
"Things. I like to paint what I see. I am doing some of Rachel now." Nika continued to stare up at Anemone, "I have never been able to paint what I can't look at. I seem to have trouble creating. I just copy."

He shrugged, "It is probably because I am broken."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal