Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Run run run run run  (Read 401 times)

Anonymous

Run run run run run
« on: June 20, 2011, 05:02:09 pm »
Sagittarius wasn't a trouble maker. She liked sex and sleeping and eating — trouble didn't belong in any of those three categories except for maybe sex, because a little trouble could be kinky. What Aedolian didn't like a bit of kink in their hedonistic lives? Well, Sag could name a few, but they were the exceptions to the rule of thumb. Sagittarius didn't get a thrill from making trouble or starting fights. In fact, sometimes violence made her a little nauseous. But when someone else started it, Sagittarius was not afraid to whip it right back at the instigator.

So maybe she hadn't been on the right path when she called the guy a "bumbling, dragon-shit oaf," but hey, it was true. He smelled bad, he did indeed bumble, and he was an idiot. Sagittarius had no tolerance for idiots unless they were positively exquisite... and female. But he was neither exquisite nor female, unless he was keeping a secret in his pants. And what did Sagittarius get for speaking her mind? A black eye and a pack of thugs chasing after her.

Okay, so maybe she got a little thrill from running away from them with all her legs were worth, but that's beside the point. Sagittarius didn't mean for her evening to end up as a chase scene straight from some old cartoon. Except in the cartoons, the characters never got tired. Sagittarius, on the other hand, was certainly feeling the strain on her lungs as her chest heaved and her legs devoured distance.

They weren't far behind, the brutish oafs, and Sagittarius wasn't quite sure what she was going to do if they didn't stop before she did. She was analyzing possible escape routes when—

bam

she ran right into a female standing in the middle of the hall. "Oh shit," she groaned, her forehead throbbing from where it had smacked into the girl's. Sagittarius threw a quick glance behind her; the guys were about to round the corner. Better do something quick in case they decided to take our their anger on this random chick instead.

"I'm very sorry about running into you," Sagittarius said, her lips flying a mile per second. "But, hey, I'm in a bit of a spot and it'd be great if you'd hide in this closet with me."

Before waiting for an answer, Sagittarius skipped to a nearby supply closet, opened the door, and dove in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Run run run run run
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 06:32:57 pm »
It was a pretty normal day. A pretty boring normal day, actually. Which was a bummer, because today was a free day but she had absolutely nothing to do, which was made all the worse by the fact that there was plenty to do. The dilemma was in figuring out what sounded fun, and free days were precious so she didn't want to waste it!

Walking down the hall toward the rec room, she was fiddling with her phone when the sound of pounding footsteps filled her ears.

Rachel had time only to turn around to look when, WHAM! Another body struck hers and she nearly went down, reeling backwards with a yelp and clapping a hand over her sore forehead. "Oww...what the...?"

Cracking her eyes open, she spotted the girl that had apparently barreled into her, and blinked dumbly as she rambled off, still a little dazed. "Wha? Hide? What are you--"

The sound of more pounding footsteps--and a lot of them--was the only answer she needed. She may have no idea what was going on, but she had an idea and she sure as heck didn't want to find out!

Jogging after the girl, she slipped into the closet and quietly closed the door behind her, crouching down in it with her knees drawn to her chest and heart beating fast. Rachel had never had issues with bullies before, neither here nor in school. She simply wasn't good bully fodder; she just didn't react in the desired way. She neither cowered in fear nor tried to push back and didn't fall for their alpha-dogging.

But that also didn't mean she wanted to take her chances with a mob nor did she accidentally want to give away the girl's position.

Outside, she could hear the sounds of angry voices. Jeez, sounded like a lot of them! Luckily, they also sounded like they were passing.

Scooting closer to the girl, she cupped her hands around her mouth and whispered, "Wooow...bad breakup or something?" she teased.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »
Oh, there was nothing better than hiding in a cramped closet with a pretty girl while chaos rained down in the hallway outside, and had Sagittarius been in any mind to be poetic, this sentence would be far more rife with metaphors and allusions. Fortunately, Sagittarius wasn't in the mood for fancy wordplay.

After Sag had thrown herself into the closet, the other girl followed and secured the door behind them. Pound pound pound.Heavy footsteps stormed right in front of the storage room, and then faded into the background as the oafs passed right by.

Idiots.

She heard them pause at the end of the hall, looking to the left and right where the corridors branched off into a fork. Their angry voices grumbled her name, Fucking Sagittarius, though her first name was not fucking. She enjoyed it, but that was not her name.

Best to chillax for a little bit and make sure that the brutes were truly gone, not still trying to figure out where she'd gone. Sagittarius slumped to the ground, back against the wall and knees drawn to her chest. She covered her mouth with a hand and tried to hold back a laugh.

At the girl's remark, a snicker slipped through. “They're just angry that they can't get in my pants,” Sagittarius whispered back, her nose brushing the girl's ear as she learned close to minimize excess noise. “Or maybe it's because I called them bumbling oafs, but I'm pretty sure it's the pants thing.”

She tilted her head back against the wall and took a moment to empty her veins of the adrenaline. Whooooof, she was exhausted, but Sagittarius made a play of not gasping for much-needed oxygen because that wouldn't look cool in front of this chickadee.

She leaned close to the girl again. “I'm Sagittarius, by the by,” she said softly. “Sorry for smashing into you.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 01:24:41 pm »
Rachel bit her lip to keep from laughing--half from the explanation and half because the girl's nose and breath tickled. Maybe she should have been taking this whole thing a little more seriously, considering there were a bunch of dudes out there looking for sex or blood (or both), but she just couldn't bring herself to be afraid. It was too ridiculous.

"Ohhh...so rejection. Ouch. I mean, how dare you not jump their bones, you frigid bitch!" Rachel gave a quiet laugh and grinned to show she was teasing, then held out her hand.

"Rachel here. Nice to meetcha, cool name by the way. Gotta say, it's not everyday I get rammed into and shoved into a closet. It's kinda exciting."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »
"I know, I know," Sagittarius sighed. "I'm the fucking tundra, but hey, they're the ones that didn't pack parkas." She paused and bit her lower lip, thinking. "I'm not sure what that metaphor means, but I like it. And boys don't look cute in parkas, ever."

She sat up straight and took Rachel's hand in her own, arm bent funny to make the handshake work in the cramped quarters. "I try to keep things interesting," she said softly. "And how many people do you get to meet in a closet?" She thought about this before answering herself: "Well, I meet quite a few people in closets, but that's beside the point."

Sagittarius glanced at the door. "Think it's safe now?" she asked.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 11:01:49 pm »
"You do this a lot, huh?" Rachel asked with a grin and an arched eyebrow. With a laugh that she muffled behind her hand, she leaned toward the door. "You'll have to tell me more about it later!"

Concentrating, she pressed her ear against the closet door and strained to listen. She pursed her lips at Sag's question. "I'm not sure...I don't hear anything, so unless they're squatted outside stalking the closet then we should be safe."

But juuust to be on the safe side, Rachel cracked the closet door open slowly and peeked out, waited several heartbeats, and then cracked it open more. What she found outside were empty, quiet halls. "I think it's alright. I'll go first since I'm not on any wanted lists." With a wink Sag's way, Rachel crawled out of the closet, dusted herself off (there were some gnarly dust bunnies in there!) and looked both ways.

When she was certain enough that the coast was clear, she popped her head back into the closet. "All clear! I think."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 05:12:49 pm »
Sagittarius smirked. "I might," she admitted. "I don't mean to, of course. I'm not that fond of getting the shit beat out of me."

Mmm girl. Sagittarius felt a warm flush at Rachel's wink. Gosh, she loved Aedolis. She ducked a little farther to the side of the closet, out of immediately sight from outside, and adrenaline shot through her again, just in case the hulking buffoons were still lurking about.

However, Rachel confirmed that the coast was clear. Sagittarius wriggled from the corner and ducked out of the closet. "Thanks, love," she said, brushing herself off. She straightened her shirt and pushed back her bangs, exhaling a sigh. Her grin quickly returned. "Thanks for hiding in the closet with me. I didn't mean to drag you into anything, but hey, it was fun, right?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 06:26:18 pm »
Rachel laughed and gave Sag a playful nudge in the ribs. "First time I've ever been yanked into a closet, so yeah! Lotsa fun. It was...rough and exhilarating and kinda scandalous. Just how I like it!" Reaching up, she rubbed at her forehead to make her point. She'd probably have a bruise there later.

Looking both ways once more, Rachel finally let herself relax and fiddled with her hair, fingers smoothing out the strands. "Whew. Oh, whoa, hey!" Now that they were out of the closet and back into the light, Sag's black eye became apparent. "Shit. Did those guys do that to you?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal