Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dubya tee eff, mate. [Rina!]  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Dubya tee eff, mate. [Rina!]
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 11:34:41 pm »
"Finaa, stop." Gabriel turned around to face her then, shaking her hand off his shoulder in doing so, and took another quick moment to compose himself and find his words.

"Alright, look, it's not about your sex life. I don't want to talk about your sex life. I just--I don't wanna know. What you do, who you do, that's your deal. Have fun, be safe, that whole spiel--I don't need to know. I'm just bothered by them--" He jerked his head in the direction of Finaa's dorm room. "--And Raley. Alright? He's a sociopathic psychopath so don't even joke about shit like that. Okay?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 11:36:39 pm »
"Your bothered because your hurt and scared and lashing out at me makes you feel better about it. Because it's easier to bite my head off and make me feel like shit then deal with your own issues." Finaa stood her ground and stared up at Gabe, arms crossed under her breasts. She wasn't angry anymore, but she wasn't backing down either. Not yet anyway.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:57 pm »
That took him aback and for a moment Gabriel didn't know what to say, tongue refusing to work. He blinked at her, mouth open, and finally managed to shake his head. "What? No, no, it's--shit, Finaa, are you fucking kidding? Now you're fucking psychoanalyzing me?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 11:46:52 pm »
"Only because you are treating me like shit! After dragging me out of bed and telling me I need a rape kit! Because I'm not okay with you being a total asshole to me because you find that easier than actually trusting me as your friend. You expect me to trust you with my darkest fears Gabe and you wont share your hurt with me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 12:09:50 am »
The truth of her words hit him like a punch to the gut and gave his insides an extra sickening twist, but he wasn't ready to accept it or deal with it or even process it. Instead, cold anger welled up inside him, overpowering the guilt, because it didn't matter who was right or wrong, she was asking him to share way more than he was willing to share with anyone. Not even Alaric got that; they had a mutual understanding. They didn't talk about it.

He didn't trust anyone with that, not even himself.

He jerked away from her. "That's such bullshit." And he wasn't sure who that was directed at--Finaa or himself or just fucking everything in general. But it didn't matter. He was done and just needed to get away. "We are not talking about this."

Turning on his heel, he walked past her quickly and headed down the hall.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 12:16:50 am »
It was like a switch had just been turned off. Finaa was cold, polite and distant with Gabe. She would only call him Pilot Tierney and no longer smiled, joked or teased him. He had been a complete and utter ass and until he felt like apologizing, she had nothing to say to him.

Currently, he was teaching her how to shield and she kept any physical contact to a minimum. She was practicing with pulling up her shields, staring straight ahead and pointedly not talking to Gabe.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 01:24:26 am »
This...had to be the most awkward situation ever.

Or one of them, at least.

The lesson had passed thus far in relative silence. Any attempts at casual conversation to fill the silence was cut off as fast as it begun, and so all their talking had thus far been kept to, well...only what was necessary for instruction. Which meant only clinical instructions and pointers and guidance and correction and not much else.

One didn't have to be an empath to feel the tension and cool, controlled anger emanating through the room.

"You're doing good so far. Just hold 'em up for two more minutes and you can take a break," he told her, reaching out with a tendril of telekinesis to poke and prod along her shields, testing their strength and seeking out their specific weaknesses. It was a simple, basic shield, but one had to start at the bottom and work their way up. It wasn't all about raw power, but also about endurance, finesse, attention to detail, and creativity.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:46 am »
Finaa didn't speak, she just gave a short nod, focused on her shields and disinterested in conversation with Gabe. She was still hurt and still angry at how he had treated her and how he had behaved. At least she knew where she stood with him now. Better to find out now than later.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 01:40:47 am »
Gabriel grimaced at her response but waited patiently for her to complete her exercise. Alright, so even if she was on speaking terms with him, he hadn't picked a good time to try and converse with her anyway. Didn't want to distract her, at least not yet; when she had the fundamentals of shielding mastered, he'd bombard her with distractions to ensure she could work under them.

Those two minutes crawled by at a snail's pace.

"Time's up. Go ahead and give your brain a rest," he called, then took a seat at one of the tables. He let another long moment pass between them, trying to ignore the uncomfortable silence and Finaa's cold distance, but a couple weeks had passed since their fight and that had never changed.

"So, uh...how's...how're you and Arrow doing?"

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:24 am »
"Fine." Finaa didn't even look at Gabe as she sat at the table, sipping from a juice box. Her brain felt a little like mush right then and she wasn't going to let Gabe act like nothing had never happened. He could say sorry or piss off. The choice was his.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 02:09:24 am »
"Oh. Uh, that's good..." He groped for more conversation-starters. She was pissed at him, that much was obvious, and his usual methods of making people not pissed (talking about other things and moving past it) hadn't worked so far. "You guys have been together how long now? Several months?"

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 02:10:11 am »
"Yeah." Finaa shifted, giving Gabe a little more of her back, "Is there anything else you needed to know Pilot Teirney?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 02:19:47 am »
"No...not anything I need to know." There was another uncomfortable pause that he filled by taking a sip from his sport's drink, but after that was done, there was nothing else left to serve as a distraction. He capped the bottle and started to peel off the label, just to give his hands something to do.

"Soo...I...get you're still pissed at me," he began awkwardly.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 02:21:50 am »
"Yes." Finaa turned to face him, eyes narrowed, "You were awful to me. You embarrassed me, hurt me and yelled at me. You owe me an apology Pilot Tierney and until I get it, we are not talking."

Finaa didn't often get angry, but when she did, she stuck to her guns.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30:06 am »
She was right, of course. Gabriel knew what he'd done; he'd lost it at her and it wasn't really her fault or even her that he should be mad at or was mad at. She was just the one he'd lashed out at. Guilt twisted in his gut and he looked away from her, leaning back in his seat. She wasn't just the candidate he was mentoring, but had also become a friend over the weeks and months.

"You're right," he said after a pause. "And you have every right to be. I was a dick, and I'm sorry for what I did to you."

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:07 am »
Finaa's eyes narrowed again, glad he had apologized, but that still didn't make a lot of it okay. She really could have used a friend that morning, someone to talk to about what was going on and instead she had gotten...Gabe. Judgmentally, hurtful Gabriel.

"You should be. That really hurt me." She sighed, all her anger melting away and reached over, hand on his knee, "I know bad things happened to you. And I'm your friend Gabe, I just wish you would trust me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 10:48:40 am »
"'Bad things' happen to a lot of candidates. It's pretty much part of the program," Gabriel answered, not looking at her. "Prepares you for the 'bad things' that happen, and that you have to do, when you're a Pilot. If you can't handle that, you're probably not cut out for the job."

He gave a dismissive shrug. With some distance (both time-wise and emotionally) between now and their fight, he felt calmer about this, but that still didn't mean it was something he was willing to discuss. "I trust you, but seriously, it's fine. And I shouldn't have hurt you over it."

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:56 am »
"No, it's not fine. It's not fine because you did hurt me over it. Something that dark and painful inside you isn't okay." Finaa moved closer, one hand coming up to brush some of his bangs out of Gabe's face, "It's eating you up and I don't need to be an empath to see that. Bad things do happen, but that doesn't mean you should lock your friends out."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 11:04:37 am »
Gabriel made a frustrated sound and jerked his head away from her hand. "I'm not locking you out. There's nothing to tell. Do you want some sob story of how I was bullied just like practically every other candidate ever or something? It's the same story nearly every candidate has. Okay, every candidate who's an idiot and gives people a reason to pick on them." He shrugged. "It's not like bullies don't have a type."

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 11:06:18 am »
"That's not true and you know it." Finaa frowned, "It's not the same story. It's never the same story. Everyone's pain is unique. And god Gabe, you sound like you think you deserved it or something."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal