Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dubya tee eff, mate. [Rina!]  (Read 6429 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Dubya tee eff, mate. [Rina!]
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:31:00 pm »
It was early in the morning, but well past the time when Finaa should be up and dressed and ready for her classes. There were other candidates in the halls, heading off toward breakfast or chatting outside their rooms. A typical morning at the ATC.

Normally, Gabriel wouldn't be up quite so ass-crack-of-dawn early, but after Finaa's graduation yesterday (and after accidentally turning it into a disaster), Gabriel wanted to properly congratulate her, do it right without the tears and yelling and awkwardness. It was supposed to be all about her, not about...drama bombs. Sure, he'd promised her dinner on her next day off--a nice, fancy dinner of her choice outside the ATC, Roman approved!--but that didn't mean he couldn't give her a gift to tide her over! She'd earned it, and he was proud as hell.

Stopping outside her door, Gabriel shifted the box of donuts--a dozen of them, all fresh from the oven, maple bars and jelly and cream-filled things--to one arm and knocked once. "Hey, Finaa! You'll never guess what I gotcha!" he called, right before he opened the door and stepped inside.

Before that moment, it would have never occurred to him that it was possible to fit three grown people in one of those beds. Somehow, though, they did it. For a split second, that was all Gabriel's brain could register. Probably because it was trying very, very hard to reject the rest. Like the part where Finaa and fucking Christian were cuddled up together with a very naked Shiloh in the middle, sprawled across the both of them.

"FUCK!" Shiloh yelped and yanked the covers up and over himself to hide beneath them, obviously mortified, and Gabriel felt his stomach twist, felt like he could lose it.

He didn't really care what Finaa said about Shiloh. Shiloh had raped a kid, recently, too. He'd cut Vaughan. How many victims denied it happened, or even defended their attacker? Especially if they had to interact with them, as candidates did with Pilots. And Christian...gods. Both of them.

The box fell from his hands and onto the floor.

"Finaa, get dressed," he said, and whirled on Christian and Shiloh. "And you, get the fuck out! Both of you! Now! What the fuck is wrong with you?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Dubya tee eff, mate. [Rina!]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:39:34 pm »
She had wanted her graduation for ages and when she had finally gotten it, it hadn't turned out that great. First her announcement with Roman had turned sour and she had been stupid and got Gabe and Shiloh in trouble. And made herself look stupid to the man she really wanted to impress so he would take her on as his assistant.

Then later, when Shiloh had stopped by, it had been with Pilot White, who Finaa found a little creepy and aggressive. And somehow he had convinced Shiloh to have a threesome and she didn't want to upset Shiloh and while the sex had been good, she hadn't really wanted to sleep with someone she didn't really know. But he was a Nobel and Shiloh's friend...

And just when she had thought things couldn't get worse, she was woken up by the sound of Gabe's voice cracking through the air. Sitting up, not caring that she was mostly naked, Finaa stared at Gabe, confused and hurt by that look in his eye. Like she had done something wrong.

As she already felt a little dirty for sleeping with Christian, seeing that look mirrored on Gabe's face hurt. But training was too deeply ingrained and Finaa was out of bed and quickly pulling her clothes on.

Christian on the other hand, just yawned and gave his cousin a lazy, sleepy smile, not at all bothered by Gabe seeing him naked. His night had been good, the shapeshifter was a great lay and able to look smokin' hot with some requests, "Oh relax cuz. What are you so pissed about? Mad you couldn't join?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:02:23 pm »
"Fuck you! Get OUT, you sick asshole!" Gabriel snapped at Christian, even though he knew he had no authority over him. He was a Noble, might as well yell at a wall for all the good it would do. It was that realization that made him glance over at Finaa, see she was dressed, and walk over to grab her by the wrist. Fine. They wouldn't leave, then they would leave. Finaa needed help, anyway.

"You? Are sick. I hope you both get help because fuck do you need it. I dunno what happened to you, Christian, but get help, you're fucked up. Finaa, c'mon," he said, pulling her after him out the door. He turned around to glare at Christian (since Shiloh had the covers over his head) one last time. "You stay away from her. I mean it."

Pulling Finaa down the hall, he started toward the infirmary and looked down at her, reaching to pat her arm with his free hand. "It's gonna be alright, okay? I dunno what happened but--it's alright, it's not your fault. Alright? They're sick. They're messed up. There's people you can talk to and we'll just--we'll get you a rape kit or something."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:09:30 pm »
Christian just laughed at his cousin's reaction. He loved how wonderfully he freaked out over the simplest things. He hadn't planned on that added bonus when he had gotten Shiloh to bring him along. He had just wanted to fuck a shifter and now he had a new toy to play with.

Finaa was actually a little relieved to be away from her room. But then Gabe kept talking and she felt her cheeks flush red and she gaped at him, feeling another wave of shame and anger wash over her.

Jerking her hand away, she glared at Gabriel, "Excuse me? A rape kit? What are you talking about?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 12:52:01 am »
"The fact that you were in bed with two rapists!" Gabriel answered back, nudging Finaa along. He hated to say that about his cousin, but he knew of his bullying tendencies and between he and Shiloh it just--he swallowed hard. The thought made him feel sick, physically nauseous, so he cut it off before he could go too far down that road.

Gods, he wished there was something he could have done...but it was far too late. It always was. Maybe it was nothing unusual. Maybe it happened all the fucking time. But she was his candidate. They were her scars to bear and her issues to tough out and overcome, just like everyone, but that didn't mean 'do nothing'.

"Look, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to, that's what councilors are for, but we're gonna at least make sure you're okay, alright? We're gonna at least get you help. Fuck those assholes." He took a deep breath, then added, resolutely, "I'll make sure they stay away. They've no fucking business."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
Finaa gaped at her mentor, mouth hanging open, "What are you talking about!? You are not my father Gabriel! Don't tell me who I can and can't see!"

She was embarrassed and defensive and the threat that he was going to prevent her from seeing her best friend pushed her too far. Jerking away from his touch, she glared at him, "It's my choice who I fuck! They didn't force me! And if you try and keep me from seeing Shiloh, so help me Gabriel, but I will fuck my way through the Pilots starting with Pilot Sade!"

She didn't know the story behind Gabriel and Raley, she just knew her mentor loathed him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:10:29 pm »
Gabriel went stock-still and rigid, the words he'd been about to say dead and forgotten. "Don't even joke about that, Finaa."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 11:12:20 pm »
"Why not? You seem to think it's fine to prevent me from being with my friends. Why not just spread my legs for Raley!" Finaa could feel tears forming as she glared up at Gabriel, angry and hurt and wanting to lash out at him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:26:52 pm »
"Finaa. I'm serious. Stop. Not him." Gabriel's voice came out tight and close to panic, muscles tense and blood cold. He could deal with Raley. Over the years, he'd just had to force himself to. And he could. He could keep himself disconnected, in denial, channel his anger to hide everything else and lash out at him because he wasn't a stupid, green candidate anymore and he didn't have to take it and he would fuck him up.

But this was too close. Too near. Finaa was treading somewhere he did not want to go way too fast in a way he just couldn't ignore or deny.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »
Gabe's panic was strong enough that Finaa could feel it, her empathy reading it. There was something very wrong here and it was enough to back her anger down a little. Frowning, Finaa's brown eyes stared up at Gabe, searching, "What did he do to you? That makes you-"

Finaa's mouth opened as the pieces fell into place. Reaching out she hugged Gabe, "Oh Gabe. I'm sorry."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:26 pm »
Jerking reflexively, Gabriel pulled away from the hug, nerves jumping and heart pounding. "Don't." The last thing he wanted right now was to be touched.

She wasn't supposed to know. No one was, not even him, and even now he struggled to lock the memories away, deep in his mind where they could fucking rot. If he forgot about it, then it didn't have to have happened, but fucking Finaa just had to dig, just had to look at him like that, and he felt anger flooding him and mixing with the panic and revulsion. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault she was a fucking empath and that he'd snapped in just the right way, but the sense of violation and frightening vulnerability was still there.

And after that, he had never wanted to feel it again. Never wanted to feel weak or vulnerable or powerless. Never wanted to be a fucking victim.

"It's nothing," he ground out, taking another step away from her to put more distance between them, palms clammy and mouth dry. "Fuck, Finaa. Forget it. Just forget it. It's nothing. Alright?"

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 11:57:08 pm »
"It is not nothing Gabriel." Finaa could feel the emotions on Gabe, almost taste them and it made her feel sick. So much pain and rage there. She reached out again, lightly touching his arm, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I did. I didn't mean it."

She took a careful step closer, "It's okay Gabe. It's okay."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 08:47:37 pm »
Gabriel jerked his arm away. "I said forget it. Alright? Just..." He closed his eyes and took a deep, controlling breath. Fuck. He shouldn't have lost it like that. He was her mentor; flip-outs and breakdowns? Yeah, not really sending the best impression.

"Do you need me to go with you to the infirmary?"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 08:52:32 pm »
"No Gabe. I'm fine. But you aren't. I can feel it." Finaa let him pull away, not making another move to touch him. She would try again when the time was right, "Please just talk to me. I'm your friend and I care about you. You don't have to shut me out."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:26 pm »
"I'm not. I'm fine," he snapped. "There's nothing to talk about." And this had already gone leagues beyond Gabriel's comfort zone and he was in no place to be wanting to talk about it. Talking about his feelings was difficult enough, and this? This just wasn't happening.

So he did what he normally did: shut down and looked for a way out.

He took another deep breath to try and control the building anger and pushed past her. "I have to get back to work."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:53:41 pm »
"Gabe. You can't run away for ever. Please. Just talk to me. Tell me what's wrong. You obviously are upset." Finaa didn't let him push past, shifting to stand in his way, "I'm your friend Gabriel. You don't have to lash out at me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:45:28 pm »
When Finaa moved to block his way, Gabriel's last thread of patience snapped. He was just not in the right mood for this, not in the right headspace, his self-control too tenuous and fragile in the heat of his anger and vulnerability. He stiffened, body tensing and shoulders squaring, and took a decisive step toward her.

"I'm gonna be upset if you don't back the hell off, Candidate Finaa al Jarn," he grated. "Stand. Aside."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »
Finaa just gave Gabe a sad look, stepping out of his way, "That's unfair Gabriel Tierney. And you know it. You just dragged me out of bed, embarrassed me in front of my peers and lectured me about rape and now you're pulling rank."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 11:24:19 pm »
As soon as Finaa moved, Gabriel started to walk past her, but her words made him wince--because they rang true. He paused, back facing her, and bit back the frustrated sound he felt rising in his throat. She was right and, now that the initial knee-jerk, triggery reaction had faded, he could actually see that.

Though that didn't change how he felt. He was not comfortable with Christian being there--he knew how much of an asshole he could be--and, regardless of her feelings toward Shiloh, the man was a fucking bully, had a penchant for violence, and was a damned rapist. All in all, it looked like a fucking bad situation.

And that didn't mean that she got to pry at his issues.

He let out a slow breath and a little tension flowed out with it.

"...I know. I'm sorry," he said without looking at her.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 11:27:19 pm »
Finaa reached out, touching his shoulder, "I'm not trying to make you angry Gabriel. I'm really not. But you are my friend, and I don't like seeing you hurt. Come on, let's go somewhere and talk. Okay? We can talk about making it so my sex life doesn't upset you so much."

She gave him a small smile that he couldn't see, "It's really not so bad, I promise."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal