Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Letting Go  (Read 2469 times)

Aria

Re: Letting Go
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 08:12:12 am »
Met with such kindness, Anemone buckled. She curled against his chest, shoulders shaking as she cried.

Oh, gods above, this was embarrassing. She had not cried like this in front of anyone, in a very long time. The last had been her mother, and Ane'd still been a child. How could she show such weakness? Especially to another candidate, even if that candidate was Eli. In reality, they were actually being pitted against one another. Constantly. Dragon's weren't in limitless supply after all, and they only wanted the very best of the best. The cream of the crop, of the cream of the crop. This was not strong. She'd never get by like this. She'd be TRIM'ed for sure.

But she had to make it, had to learn to control herself. She'd promised. And this was already happening, so why not let it? There would be plenty of time to be strong later.

So Anemone allowed herself this small moment of relief, where she could truly show her emotions, and allow herself to be comforted by the kind boy that was Elijah Griffin. Soothed by his words, his hand against her hair, his arms around her, Ane's tears halted not too very long after. She'd cried herself out. She lifted her head, sniffling as she dragged a sleeve across her face. Then she looked in dismay at Eli's shirt, on which she'd cried. "... It seems whenever I'm around you, your clothes end up getting messy. I'm so sorry." She dabbed at the tear stains while wiping her own tears away. What a mess.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 12:32:45 pm »
"Ah, it's cool. No worries, just clothes, ya know?" Eli was a little sad to feel her pull away, he had liked how she felt against him. Though now wasn't really the time to be thinking about how soft her hair was and how good she smelled.

"Don't feel bad for experiencing your emotions. Too many people try to hide from them." He smiled, reaching up to lighting brush some hair out of her face. There hadn't been any, he just liked touching her, "How ya feeling? Got to say goodbye?"

Aria

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »
"Yeah... Still." Se gave a few more attempts at dabbing the tear-stains, then gave up as it was in vain. Anemone had to envy Eli his care-free manner- she wasn't entirely sure how it was possible to always remain so optimistic and upbeat about everything. And how he'd managed to stay so kind all these years at the ATC.

Anemone blinked away the last of the tears that clung to her periwinkle lashes and smiled a sweet smile at Eli in return for the warm one he directed at her. "You're right. They do. I guess... it's just easier that way. Sometimes, anyways." Ane glanced at his hand when it brushed against her face, and nodded gently. "Yes, I did. And, I'm... I'm better. Thanks to you." Her smile widened, and she laughed a little. "Thank you, Eli. Really."

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 01:18:43 pm »
Eli reached up and slid a thumb across her face, wiping her tears away, "It's only easier for the moment. It's way easier in the long run to just let them happen. There isn't any shame in it."

He smiled again, wanting very much to kiss her again. It was hard to not touch her and Eli wasn't really trying hard to resist the urge, "I'm just glad I could help a little. And now that you said goodbye, personally, I think you should celebrate. Celebrate the life he had and the life you two had together."

Aria

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »
Anemone couldn't deny that she enjoyed Eli's attention, very much so. His gentle touches brought a faint blush to her cheeks, and she tried to tell herself he was just being nice. He's just being kind- she repeated that to herself as her eyes hesitantly slid to his lips, for a split second, her shoulder brushing against his chest.

Damn, the boy was undeniably good looking.
But, she didn't want to go and do something stupid. Mess up their friendship.

What was he saying? Shoot, she hadn't been paying attention. "Um. I, ah, yeah 'course..." Focus. "Celebrate? Right. You're right." Anemone got to her feet, brushing grass from uniform pants. She was certain it was all in her head. So she put on a warm smile, holding out her hand to help Eli up.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 08:51:59 pm »
It was sad to feel her pull away, but Eli wasn't going to push. He gladly took her hand, standing up and he smiled at her, "What would ya like to do? There's lots to do for fun around here."

Most of the other candidates seemed to find the ATC boring, but Eli felt there was so much to be done he never had enough time. People to meet, art to be done, places to explore.

Aria

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 09:58:05 pm »
"Mmmmmm." Anemone made a thoughtful face. "Y'know. I'm kinda hungry. Since you talked about celebrating... maybe you could sweet talk one of the staff in the cafeteria into giving us something sweet~?" A grin tugged at her lips and she gave him a light, playful nudge with her hip.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 12:23:45 pm »
"Oh, probably. They're totally nice." Eli smiled back and reached down, taking her hand in his, "Anything you want."

He would come back and clean up later. Right now it was Anemone's time, her moment to celebrate and say goodbye and start to heal. Leading her back inside, he blinked at the difference in light, letting himself adjust.

Aria

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:02 am »
Anemone returned the smile- he was so nice. And this time, she didn't freak out so much when he took her hand. Eli was just sweet like that. "Really? Anything I want?" Her smile turned a bit playful.

"Whoa. Haha, it's hard to see." She blinked in the dimmer, artificial light. Then she looked back for a moment, her expression one of concern,"Will your things be alright? I don't want to leave them there- someone might steal them, or break them."

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:42 pm »
"If they need them more than I do, they'll find them." Eli grinned again and gave a small shrug, "No one really goes there and it's just things, ya know?"

He was going to have to hang out with Ane sometime when she wasn't throwing pancakes or at an emotional time. She was pretty and sweet and he very much wanted to get to know her better.

Heading down the hall, he took the long way to the cafeteria, wanting to get to hold her hand as long as he could, "And yeah. Anything ya want. Well, anything I got the power to give."

Aria

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 06:25:56 pm »
Anemone laughed, bemused by Eli's logic. "Well, I guess when you put it like that..." He was even willing to let people  have his stuff, if they needed it. But she made a little promise to herself that she would get him more candles, crystals, and herbs, if someone took them. After all, he'd been nice enough to do the whole thing for her, using his own things. "Ha. Well... d'you some sort of cake would be in your power?"

Anemone didn't know the ATC well enough yet to notice they took the long way, and wouldn't have minded it a bit even if she had known. She enjoyed his company far too much, chatting and joking around. And holding his hand.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 06:54:33 pm »
"It's nice to see you laughing. I'm glad I got to help a little." When they got to the cafeteria, Eli pressed the button for her, "And I think I can arrange cake. But only if you promise I get to feed it to you."

He couldn't help but flirt a little. He really liked her. And, well, maybe if she was cheered up a bit, she wouldn't mind the flirting.

Aria

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »
"You did. Help, that is. I'm really grateful." Her cheeks dimpled, her smile sincere. They'd arrived, and she muttered her thanks when he pushed the button. Then she blinked, a faint blue blush rising to her cheeks. "Well... I mean." Be cool, Anemone. I think he's flirting with you. So just be cool.

"If that's the only condition, I don't see why not. In fact, I bet it'll taste even- oh!" She'd stepped inside, smiling over her shoulder at Eli- and had ended up running right into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry, that was my-"  The girl, as it was a girl, cut her off as she spat out venomously,"Watch where you're fuckin' goin'." Anemone stepped back in a startled manner as the girl pushed past and promptly exited the cafeteria, muttering under her breath about "fuckin' Aedolians".

Anemone couldn't help but notice the little wings tucked against the girls back. They were colorful. Anemone frowned and rubbed her arm. "Well. What a nice person." She glanced over at Eli. "S-Sorry 'bout that... Um. Right. Cake! We were getting cake."

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 09:13:55 pm »
"Aw, hey man. That's not cool. That's some seriously bad energy." Eli frowned when the girl bumped into Ane, carefully steadying her, "Let's all just be chill, okay? No need for hostility."

Aria

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 10:08:11 pm »
Anemone sighed. "Yeah. Wonder what her problem was?" That girl seemed really wound up, just chalk full of hostility.

She smiled at Eli's helpful grip that kept her from stumbling backwards,"Thank you, Eli." She touched his hand, then wove her fingers with his. "It's okay! We've got, um, good energy!" She smiled wider, trying to use his lingo a bit. "And we'll have even gooder energy, when we get that cake~" If Anemone had had a better education at this point, she would've known that gooder was not a word. But A for effort.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 10:56:51 pm »
"Exactly!" Eli beamed at her, heading over to the lunch line. A few chatty words with the staff behind the counter and he had some cake for them, "Wanna pick a seat here or go somewhere else?"

Aria

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »
Aha! Using his odd, but endearing sort of speech had worked! Anemone beamed back happily.

Her eyes widened at the cake happily. Ane stared for a moment, interest seemingly captured, then blinked. "Oh. Right. Um..." She glanced around to gauge how crowded it was. How many people was she comfortable with watching her be fed? The answer, not too many. But.. he'd gone through great lengths for her already. Ane didn't want to drag him to yet another place. "No, um, no here is fine."

She spotted a relatively deserted spot, then looked at Eli. "If thats alright with you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »
Eli tilted his head, noticing her unease, "We can go somewhere else. I don't mind. Being alone with you in no problem." He smiled again, "This is all about you and your celebration. Here, there, anywhere is fine by me. Follow where your body and your energy tells you to go."

Aria

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:41 pm »
Anemone was steadfast in not wanting to drag him anywhere else, as he'd done enough for the day. "No. Here is fine. Trust me." She nodded firmly.

She gestured. "See, that area is even pretty clear. It's perfect." Ane smiled,"So, we should sit down before, gods forbidding, your drop the cake!" She laughed and walked over to the spot she'd indicated.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 11:46:46 pm »
Eli followed after her, not wanting to argue. Taking his seat, he reached down and, using his fingers, tore off a small hunk of cake, "Open wide then. We had a deal."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal