Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Electrical Mishaps and Awkward Introductions {Pour la Mitzy}  (Read 396 times)

Aria

Anemone had been here two weeks, and already something had gone wrong. It was wonderful. The room she'd been assigned was destroyed. Utterly. She shuffled down the hallway in her socks. Her few belongings were currently being cradled in her arms- shoes, uniform changes, a picture frame, a bonzai tree, not much else. In all honesty, it wasn't her fault. The destroyed room, that is.

She'd just gone to use the terminal to look something up, and the frustration that had been building up from bullying and basic training had pulled her so tight she'd been ready to snap.

The moment her fingertips had touched it, unbiddingly, electricity exploded from her hands and passed into the terminal. Her vision had gone blue and yellow for a split second, and a tremendous "CRACK" split the air, reverberating in the tiny room. The next moment that she could see, alarms were blaring, fire was licking up the wall from the terminal hub, and the floor and walls around her were scorched black. She'd stood there, stupidly, and numb, ears ringing. Then, several people shouting very loudly had rushed into her room. She tried to tell them, it wasn't her fault, it was an accident, but they went to work immediately on putting the fire out, ignoring her.

She was ushered out of the room, belongings thrust into her trembling hands. Someone else stood just outside the doorway, to tell her, "You've been assigned a new room. You now have a roommate. Do not, under any circumstances, touch the terminal." Anemone had just stared with wide eyes and nodded dumbly, still slightly in shock, her skin and lips tingling in the aftermath of static.

And so, here she was now, walking down the hallway to the new room. The air in this part of the dormitory was tinged with the smell of smoke, and people had stepped out of their rooms to twitter and laugh. Anemone was certain her hair stood outwards in every direction, like cerulean dandelion fluff.

Electricity can do that to a girls hair.  It's rather annoying.

Anemone shifted her belongings in her arms, being most careful with the bonzai tree, careful not to crush or drop it. She'd reached the room now assigned to her, her eyes were fixed on the room number beside the door. Her mind briefly brushed against the thought of having a roommate, and a spike of anxiety laced her thoughts. The potential for disaster was rather great. She had never shared a room with anyone in her entire life.... Ane stood there awkwardly for a few moments, the reality of the situation finally setting in and embarrassment causing a faint blue blush to rise to her cheeks. She cleared her throat and tentatively, lightly knocked on the door. "Um... hello?" She knocked again, louder this time. Just in case they hadn't heard her.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:45:48 pm by Aria »

Anonymous

Re: Electrical Mishaps and Awkward Introductions {Pour la Mi
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:45 pm »
"Oh no, oh no," Mira moaned as she felt the floor beneath her bed with her palm. "Nooo." Her face crumpled when her hand encountered only dust and empty space. Her phone! Where was her phone?

The knocking did not immediately penetrate the panicked tangle of her thoughts. She was sitting on the floor and tugging fretfully on her hair when, with a jolt, she finally noticed the sound. Gasping, she jumped to her feet and stared at the door in horror. Mira pressed her knuckles against her mouth as she glanced around the room--drawers thrown open, sheets pulled off beds, furniture moved and left cockeyed. She gave a small, wordless whimper. Lost her phone, wrecked the room looking for it, and now--what? Was it a surprise inspection? Who else could it be? Her stomach twisted with anxiety.

Whoever it was, it couldn't be good. It rarely ever was.

She immediately began trying to put everything haphazardly back into place. "Wait just a moment!" She called as she kicked some of her clothes under the bed. "I-I, um,"she fumbled, trying to shape her mouth around the proper words. The forgot what she wanted to say, if she even knew what she had wanted to say in the first place. If felt as if she had to say something, anything to give her more time. Anything.

"Wait--no, I'm...I'm naked! No clothes. Indecent! Nothing you want to see!" She shoved a few drawers back into place, pausing only to cringe at herself once she recollected what she had said. "Oh noooo," she moaned in a small voice.

When she finally got to the door, she had already readied a list of excuses and apologies, which she began gushing before she fully opened the door. Mira had made an attempt to smooth out her appearance, but her clothes were wrinkled and parts of her red hair was sticking out at odd angles. She continued speaking rapidly after she had opened the door, not immediately looking at Anemone, but instead down at the floor. She tugged anxiously at the long part of her hair.

"I'm so sorry! Everything is a bit of a mess, I know, but oh, I was just--you know, cleaning, and my phone, I was just trying to, and--oh." She blinked at the pile of things in Anemone's arms, pausing briefly to look her over. Mira's shoulder's slumped with relief. She'd noticed that the stranger was a lower level candidate. Lower than even her.

"Oh, good, you're not important." She flinched and straightened. "I mean, not that you aren't important--everyone is! I'm sure you're a wonderful person and...um?" A hesitant smile twitched on her mouth and she lifted a finger. "What happened to your hair?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Aria

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 12:57:08 pm »
{{I'm SO sorry it took me so long to reply, Mitzy. =A= </3 }}

Anemone stood there awkwardly, with the occasional dirty look at Gracies who happened to poke their heads out or walk by. She was SURE they were laughing at her. In their heads. And if she had been a better telepath, she'd be able to hear them. But she wasn't, and all she picked up mentally was alot of fuzz and jumbled static, with only whispers of thoughts or images. And her stupid honking big blue ears were just stupid stupid stupid, not helping her at all. Except to pick up odd noises through the door.

Her blue brows scrunched in confusion. "Um... okay!" She could wait a moment... if the stupid people would stop laughing at her behind her back, that was. Was everything alright? Anemone kept hearing drawers slamming shut and lots of rustling and rummaging. She shifted her weight from side to side, nibbling her bottom lip. All she could pick up mentally was haywire static going crazy. Rushed thoughts careening into one another. She stared hard at the door, slanted eyes narrowing as she tried to concentrate. Anemone grasped for just a moment the word "phone" amongst the chaos. But, then it slipped away away from her, and all she got for her trouble was a headache blossoming over her right eye,

And the next words muffled through the door caused her silver eyes to widen. Er. Okay? Too much information, maybe? Anemone unconsciously took a step away from the door, a faint blue coloring spots along her cheekbones. "Um. I- Uh. Yes. Right! Okay! It's fine...I, ah... er... t-take your time." Jeez. She stared at her belongings in her arms. And tried not to think about naked girl roommates. ... Jeez. Her chest rose as she took a deep breath to settle her thoughts, concentrating on the scent of her bonsai tree. The tiny leaves, the curvature of the miniature branches, the balance of the plant, it calmed her.  

Her head tilted up when the door flew open, her arms clutching her things tighter. Anemone watched the girl in front of her fidget nervously, as the words, which were mostly apologies, rushed out of her mouth like a torrent of unstoppable water. Anemone tried a few stuttering times to get a word in edgewise, and found she couldn't. When the girl finally paused, Anemone's eyes watching the girls hand as she tugged on her hair, she was finally able to say, "It's fine."

But then she went and spluttered that Anemone wasn't important. Ane blinked. Blue spread across her freckled cheeks once more, but this time the coloring was because of embarrassment and a good dose of shame. Well. Yes. She wasn't important, was she? Big blue-eared idiot from the lower caste that she was, after all.
Anemone gritted her teeth, raising her head ever so slightly as the girl tried to backpedal and apologize. Frankly, Ane didn't entirely buy it. And it showed in the rigid stance of her body, the flare of shame fueled anger in her eyes. The girl pointed at her hair even! Oh. This was great. Just great. "Electricity happened," Ane's tone was short and clipped.

Annoyance and sarcasm obvious, she said, "Look. I burned my room down. They assigned me to this room. Looks like we're roommates. Would you mind very much if I set my stuff down?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:46:41 am »
|| I am so sorry for how long it took me to get up a response! It should not have taken me so long. ;^; Having a lot of RL drama and time kind of slipped away from me. Won't let it happen again! ||

Mira opened and closed her mouth uselessly, unable to think of anything to say that wasn't just a mindless deluge of sorry, sorry, sorry. She pressed her fist to her mouth as she stared, horrified, at her feet. This stranger no doubt thought she was an awful, terrible person and Mira wasn't sure how she was going to rectify the situation.

"Roommate?" Mira echoed, looking somewhat stunned at that revelation. Her gazed darted to the things that was bundled in the girl's arms. She smiled hesitantly. "Really? You? My roommate?"

Excitement lit up her eyes and for the moment she forgot that she had already managed to thoroughly insult her new roommate. Mira beamed at Anemone, regarding her with almost worshipful devotion. Finally! Someone to talk to, someone to be best friends with!

"I'll help you with your things!" She gushed, reaching to make an attempt to taking some of Anemone's belongings. "That's such a pretty little...tree? That's a tree, right?"

Aria

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »
{{ Don't sweat it! <3 I understand. }}

Well. At least the girl looked appropriately sorry. Actually, she looked so sorry that Anemone immediately felt a flood of chagrin and regret, thinking perhaps she'd jumped to anger too quickly. "Er. Well, what I meant to say was..."

She blinked, then nodded  slowly, "Yes. Me. Your roommate." This seemed to change things a bit, as the girls demeanor changed, a small smile at her lips that morphed into a bright expression a moment later. Maybe she was attention starved? Or crazy. That would be Ane's luck. A crazy roommate.

"Oh! Um, hold on, it's fine really- be careful-" Anemone blinked, trying to manuver her clothes and picture and tree. After deliberation, she handed over her clothes- if the girl truly wanted to help, Anemone supposed she should let her. But she wouldn't hand over the tree. It was her baby. "Yes. It's a miniature tree. I prune it, it helps calm me." Ane tried to peer around the girl and into the room,"So... ah. I'm Anemone. May I come in?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal