Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: WhatwhereamI!?  (Read 2087 times)

Anonymous

WhatwhereamI!?
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:20 pm »
Sagittarius was not renowned for her sense of direction. In fact, it was a long-running joke within her family that her ancestors —  the earliest Sagittari to settle down in Aedolis — had taken a wrong turn and ended up in the pleasure capital instead of Teinar, which is where they wanted to go, and could never find their way back out. The amount of truth in this amusing fable is questionable, but it certainly fit the traits of the Sagittari and their tendency to get lost. Sagittarius herself happened to be the most intense manifestation of that lack of direction: on her way from the kitchens where she'd filched a midnight snack to her dorm, she found herself hopelessly turned around after walking only thirty feet through the complex.

Flustered, Sagittarius did not help her own situation. She began to take turns at random, hoping for a landmark, but the complex was vast and her attention span short. She had to pee. And she was hungry again. Pushing a hand through her short hair, Sag huffed in discontent and stopped for a moment to reassess her surroundings. There was a classroom to her right and a bathroom to her left. Neither seemed familiar, and there didn't appear to be anyone around for her to pester for directions.

She raised a hand to her head and pressed against the bandage above her right eye, the wound stinging underneath it. Sag had learned the hard way that most of the suckers in the candidate training program were not the nicest of suckers. They were sharks instead of squids, and since squids often tried to eat sharks, Sag sometimes had disastrous encounters with the sharks around the complex. She was stubborn, they were stubborn, and nothing ever worked out very well for her.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: WhatwhereamI!?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »
It had been a good night, getting frisky with a pretty redhaired candidate for a few hours. Technically, Atara was breaking curfew, but hopefully no one would notice. She was pretty good at sneaking through the halls.

A flash of movement caught her eye and at first glance, Atara thought it was that Archer girl, the one from the dragon washing. But a closer look reveled that it was a different girl. With a bandage over her head. My my. Things might be interesting, though that could just be something she picked up during drills.

Strolling over, Atara came up behind the girl, her bare feet silent on the ground, "Well hello there. What are you doing out of bed so late? Don't you know that's against the rules?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 06:37:27 pm »
Sag had never been good at following rules: another family trait. Curfew smurfew. She had an unusually smooth tongue capable of getting her out of most trouble, though that didn't seem to be of much value here. The higher-ups might as well have been deaf. But she could take the punishment. From what she'd heard, they didn't just throw out first stage candidates for breaking curfew. She'd be more careful later in the program.

The soft rustle of clothes alerted Sagittarius to someone behind her, but she didn't turn around until the female's voice rang out like sterling. Then, she slowly pivoted around, raised an eyebrow as she scrutinized the rather stunning girl, and said, "Hello to you as well." She flashed a crooked smile. "I don't get along well with rules. I had to go to the infirmary, and then I was hungry, and now I'm lost."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:50 pm »
"Well, even if you didn't have that fresh meat look about you, getting lost gives you away. Only Gracies get lost." Atara grinned, amused by this ones cocky attitude. Those were always the fun ones.

"Did you get anything to eat? I'm totally starving."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »
Sag laughed at the girl's remarks. "Even when I'm not a Gracie, I assure you, you'll still be running into me around here, lost beyond my comprehension," she retorted playfully, her pale eyes running down the frame of the girl. Lovely girl. About Sag's age. A little on the underweight side but not unhealthily so. What was she, a third stage? Fourth? Sag always got the colors and stages and everything mixed up.

"I did, but I could always go for more food," Sag said. She grinned.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »
"Stage 4." Atara didn't even have to try and pick up the girls thoughts. Like most Gracies, she projected all over the place. Shifting her weight, Atara posed a little, wanting to give the girl a good look.

"You could? Somehow, I have doubts that you could find the kitchen again. It can be quite tricky to find your way around her at first."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:31:43 pm »
"Stage four," Sag repeated, more interested in Atara's posing than what stage she was in, really. "So you'll graduate in no time, huh?"

Sag scoffed said indignantly, "I can certainly find the kitchen again. Come on." She brushed past her and tugged on the girl's wrist playfully to get her to follow. However, Sagittarius was going in the opposite direction of the kitchen. Hopeless.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:18:11 pm »
"Mmm. That's the hope." Atara fought down the urge to jerk away when the girl grabbed her. She wasn't really all that comfortable with touching she didn't initiate, but that would just ruin the mood. So she let the girl lead her along.

"Though, I am curious to what kitchen you visit. I didn't know there was one in that direction."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:35 pm »
Sag stopped, released Atara's wrist, and took a moment to consider her direction now that the girl had rather subtly indicated she was headed the wrong way. "Pff. I was just testing you," she said with a grin.

"I'm Sagittarius, by the way," she said after a moment before she continued in the opposite direction.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 08:41:32 pm »
"Oh, I'm sure." Atara grinned, flashing white teeth, "You are aware that you are surrounded by psychics and lying wont do you much good."

The girl's name had Atara raising one eyebrow, "Sagittarius, that's a weird name. Though I suppose that fits you. I'm Atara."

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 08:46:16 pm »
Sag opened her mouth to make a retort but couldn't think of anything smart-ass enough to say, so she settled for shrugging and winking at the girl.

"As though your name is any less strange," Sagittarius said. "And Sagittarius is my last name, but that's what I go by."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:53:52 pm »
"Please. My name is exotic and amazing and you are just jealous." Atara gave a small laugh, still following after the girl, "Your first name must be one hell of a doozy then if you want to use that mouthful."

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 08:56:25 pm »
"Oh, you're right," Sag replied. "I am five shades of green with envy, o Lady Atara!" She chuckled softly and shrugged. "It's Lef, but I'm not much for it. People that I don't hate call me Sag, if that's any less of a mouthful."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »
"That's exactly right you are." Atara made a show of fluffing her pale curls, lips quirked into a smile, "Though, I can see why you would want to go by Sag. Hmmm." Atara tilted her head, "That sounds so similar to vag. I can't see how that's a lot better. Did you get a middle name? Or maybe I'll just have to call you some cute pet name."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »
Sagittarius laughed. "I've never heard that before — Sag and vag," she said with warm amusement. "No middle name. Guess you'll have to come up with a cute pet name, then." She turns her head to rake her eyes down Atara's frame again, highly entertained by this female.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 08:12:24 pm »
Atara enjoyed the attention, loving having her ego stroked. Nothing was better than being reminded how pretty you are, "Hmmm...I'll have to think up a good one. Maybe Fido. You remind me of a puppy."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:43 am »
Sag raised an eyebrow. "A puppy? Puppies are rather... small. And granted, I am a bit on the below-average side in height, especially compared to you, but I think I'm a little more ferocious than a puppy."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 11:17:59 am »
"I haven't seen that yet. I've just seen a widdle bandage on your widdle head. Nothing ferocious yet." Atara grinned, amused at the girl's reaction, "Maybe I'll just call you Puppy. Mmm. I like that. You are now Puppy."

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »
"A widdle bandage from a widdle fight with three guys twice my size," Sag asserted. "Well, more like a widdle wrestling match. They didn't want to hit a girl." She definitely was not going to mention the bruises they left on her arms from trying to hold her, large purple blemishes that even half a day later were showing in full force. "Well, I guess I am a puppy. My bark's bigger than my bite."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 12:20:24 pm »
"Sure they were. And I bet they had claws and fangs too! And tattoos and were just so scawy." Atara reached over and ruffled the girl's hair, enjoying teasing her. There was something fun about her, "Well Puppy. Have you managed to find the kitchen yet?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal