Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Have some pie  (Read 2145 times)

Anonymous

Re: Have some pie
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 01:53:22 am »
"There isn't really a front, that's the beauty of watchmen's caps." Alaric laughed, baring his impressive set of teeth, "Oh, quite stunning. Now let me take a picture so I can show her." Reaching into the pocket of his cargo pants, Alaric pulled out his phone and held it up, "Now say 'cheese'!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 12:30:45 am »
"Watchmen cap?"  Yeah, he didn't know the difference between types of hats.  So this was a watchmen cap?  Well awesome then.  He learned something new today.  Hey!  He could probably impress Sabela with it.  She'd be proud of him for learning something about fashion.

"I'm not saying that."  He did give a thumbs up, though.  And give the brightest, goofiest grin he could manage.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 12:39:29 am »
"That's because you are a pussy." Alaric grinned back while he snapped the picture. It actually turned out really well and he sent if off to his mom with a quick message about how his 'friend' liked the hat.

"Thanks. She has too much time on her hands and my dads wont let her keep her finished projects at home anymore, so she sends them to anyone she thinks I'm friends with."

Offline Tally

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 02:51:24 am »
"Fuck you, man," he said.  "Hey, lemme see that."

That picture might end up the gods knew where out there in the digital world, and he wanted to make sure it looked good.  Well, not good.  He was in the hospital.  He looked like shit.  But it should at least be funny or cute or something.

"Wait, did you say your dads?  How many do you have?"

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »
Alaric let Cross check the picture though he was ready to grab his phone back if it looked like Cross was going to mess with it. Even in the hospital, Cross didn't really look bad. Alaric was pretty sure he wouldn't have been at all photogenic if he had been in the same position.

The question was one Alaric was kind of used too and he gave a small shrug, "Yeah. I have two. Kriger are naturally polyamorous."

Offline Tally

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 12:44:46 am »
"Awesome! I look like I'm in heroic good spirits."  He set the empty plate down on the swiveling bed-side tray.  He realized he hadn't thought about Raley in several minutes.  Remarkable, considering he had been able to think of little else since waking.  His rebellious mood was gone too, replaced with a heavy exhaustion now that his anger wasn't there to fend it off.

"Two," he said, leaning back. "One was enough to drive me crazy.  I don't know how you'd deal with a huge family like that."

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:13 am »
"I adore mine." Alaric pocketed his phone and took a seat again. Cross seemed to be in a better mood, though fuck him if he really knew why he was here. He still hadn't figured it out, still hadn't figured out how he felt about him.

Because he still hated him. Hated him for the torture and bullying. He wasn't Raley, but he had been Raley's friend, hadn't ever tried to stop the fucking sociopath shithead from-Alaric's brain shied away from that thought and he focused on the conversation at hand, "I get along with them really well actually. They're really awesome. Maybe you can think about it like having three mothers?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 09:28:28 pm »
"I guess."  Cross reached behind him and adjusted the pillow before settling down.  He kept the hat on, though.  He'd been raging for a long time, and it was wearying.  He didn't want to think about Raley anymore.  He knew he would.  Wouldn't be able to help it.  For now he wanted to shut his brain off.

"Can't imagine a family that functional."

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »
"Really? I like mine." Alaric felt a little weird talking about it. He had gotten so much shit for so many years because of how different he was. He wasn't sure he really wanted to be talking to Cross about it. But he also didn't really want to leave just yet.

"Maybe it helps I never had any siblings? Or that I spent most of my teenage years here instead of fighting with them."

Offline Tally

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »
"Eh, they're all right."  Cross put a hand behind his head and stared up at the ceiling.  He loved his family, but he couldn't fathom growing up as Alaric had.  His own family was small.  Himself, his mother, and his father.  They were about as close and healthy as a family of Haviah could get, strangely grounded and spiritual for Aedolis citizens.

"Ah yeah, I'm an only child too.  I loved that, never really wanted to share anything."

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 10:40:47 pm »
"Yeah, that part was nice. And I got doted on. That was really nice. Made the program a bit of a shock though." Alaric mentally winced. He really didn't want to talk about the program with Cross, that would just be awkward.

"But, yeah, I donno. I love my family. I wish I could see them more. And, as you can see, my mom sends really fetching gifts. You just missed her stuffed animal faze."

Offline Tally

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 11:51:57 pm »
Cross snapped his fingers. "Damn.  I coulda got me a teddy bear."

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:41 pm »
"Well, if you are that broken up, I'm sure I could make you one." Alaric laughed, shaking his head. He should go. Wasn't even sure what he was doing here in the first place. But he was actually enjoying himself.

He shouldn't be. Cross was a monster. Worse than a monster. He had been part of the people that had ruined his life. Scars covered Alaric's body because of this guy. Yet he made no move to go.

Offline Tally

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 11:33:04 pm »
"Speaking of stuffed animals..."  Cross smiled—sly, conspiratorial.  He leaned forward and spoke low.  "Want to know something?"  He could barely keep in a snicker.  "I had a platypus."

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:47 pm »
Alaric blinked, staring at Cross in total surprise, then a smile started to tug at his li0ps. The smile grew into chuckling which became laughter, "What? You? A platypus? No way!"

Well, maybe Alaric really would make him an animal after all.

Offline Tally

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 11:38:00 pm »
He couldn't help it.  Alaric's laughter was infectious, and he'd never told anybody this.  It was so ridiculous.  "All through candidacy, man!  A little stuffed platypus.  I kept it hidden.  No one ever knew."

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 11:40:10 pm »
"Not even your room mates? That's impressive man! What happened to it?" Alaric had left his stuffed animals at home until Pilothood. Now a number of them covered his bed, but only Gabe and a handful of others knew about them. Not many people came over and he tended to hide them.

Offline Tally

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:18 pm »
"Still got it."  Cross leaned back, clasped his hands behind his head.  Yeah, he felt pretty smug about having kept that thing a secret through candidacy.  Not from the Pilots obviously.  They read every candidate's mind thoroughly.  But no other candidate had ever known.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 11:45:41 pm »
"I'm impressed. I just can't imagine you with a stuffed animal. Let alone a platypus. Did it have a name?"

He needed to leave. This was too weird and it wasn't right. Cross was a monster, one of the people he hated. He wasn't supposed to like talking to him, he wasn't supposed to have a good time hanging out. He should have dropped off the pie and left, not...chatted.

But it was fun and he didn't want to leave and he wasn't really sure what that meant.

Offline Tally

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:41 pm »
"Nah.  I was never creative enough.  I always called it a duck though.  Didn't know what a platypus was back when I got it."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal