Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Connected [open]  (Read 2844 times)

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 02:50:25 pm »
Lyc smiled nodding softly. "Yes I really do do Bounties too. It is dangerous...but it can be really exciting as well." She studied Aberi's face. "Well if they hire people to haul cargo, then I would very much like to see this place." Lyc brushed a few strands of hair out of her face. "We can go when you are done with your drink." She ran her fingers along the metallic band on her right wrist, playing with it slightly. "I doubt any one would mess with you, as long as you were with me." Lyc gave her a wink and then popped a few peanuts into her mouth. "When ever you're ready."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 03:32:24 pm »
Go when she was done with the drink? Aberi didn't feel like being rude by not finishing the drink she had graciously been given but then again this was a whole lot of alcohol for her. She swallowed hard and downed another large sip of the drink. She didn't need more angry people chasing her down the Red District so she'd do her best. "You must be brave then, hunting all the bounties down. Do you, like, get qualified? Is there a bounty hunter school somewhere?"

The drink was proving to be a challenge now, she had finished about half of it and that was quite enough for her. Oh, she'd stall time a little more before having more of it. "I'll be ready soon, and I'm sure they'll have some work for you. If not I'll make sure to find something else." There she was again, making promises that she might not be able to stick to. In her mind she was aware of it, but in reality nothing stopped her from saying the words. Talking was way too easy.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 04:08:30 pm »
Lyc watched  Aberi, she could tell that the girl was having a hard time handling the drink. But she seemed determined to finish it. "If that drink is to o much for you...you don't have to finish it. I won't be mad." She smiled softly her tail lightly swishing from side to side. "No, as far as I know there aren't any bounty hunter schools. Why are you interested in becoming one?" She spun around on her barstool. It wasn't all that often she was called brave...but she didn't like to brag or anything. To her being a bounty hunter was just another way to earn a living when there wasn't any cargo to haul around.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 12:36:47 pm »
"Oh, the drink's really tasty, I'd hate to leave so much of it when you bought it," Aberi lied, drinking more of the exotic cocktail. "But I may leave a little, as much as I hate to." She nodded as if in agreement with herself, and smiled.
"I always wanted to join the Cancer crew but I don't think they'll accept me. I don't think I can be a bounty hunter either. It sounds scary," she muttered, her voice having dropped as she said that. She raised the glass and poured a part of it down her throat eagerly. She had now managed to the majority of it. "But I'd like to be something. As opposed to nothing." Not wasting time after that confession, she hopped off the tall barstool and the alcohol immediately went straight to her head. It was... strange.

"Errr, I'm ready now."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 07:20:51 pm »
Lyc smiled standing up slowly from her barstool. "I've always thought it would be neat to have a sidekick. Perhaps I can teach you a thing or two." Lyc ran her fingers through her hair brushing it out of her eyes. She moved her arm in a sweeping gesture. "Lead the way, and I shall gladly follow."  Her tail twitched and then flicked itself in a half circle as she waited to follow Aberi.

Offline Tally

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 11:47:12 pm »
Nathan looked at his empty glass, pursed his lips, then set it upon the bar.  He wanted another but truth be told he was kind of a light weight.  Any more than the two he'd had already and his better judgment would go winging off.  Best to be sharp when on Cancer, where communication hinged so often on the most obscure subtleties—an ostensibly innocent gesture, a unique turn of phrase, a specific article of clothing.  Plus, he made for one hell of a giddy, giggling drunk and didn't feel like embarrassing himself in front of dozens of people today.

He looked down as she took his hand and was immediately transfixed.  Light.  Light like a living thing.  His eyes followed the paths of the little ropes of lightning as they meandered along the contour of her skin.  And he wasn't the only one watching.  Everyone near them trailed off in their conversations to gaze at the light show.  It was, in a word, beautiful.

Then she broke contact and the spell broke with it.  He blinked and looked up at her, purple splotches floating in his vision from the lightning.  â€œWow,â€? he said.  â€œThat was—"

Something over her shoulder caught his eye.  A monitor, one of many in the bar, running a listing of big contracts going out, alerts from the Cancer crew, whatever information might be of interest or use to the population.  And there it was, the thing he'd been hearing about for weeks now.  The Aedolis fleet was approaching Libra.  They had reached Tethys already.

Nathan's expression darkened.

It took an effort to tear his eyes away from the monitor when Kazzt continued.  He listened with only half his attention, clearly distracted, his fingertips drumming lightly on the bar.  That was, until her...proposition.  Yeaaaah...he had no idea how to respond to that and just kind of stared at her for awhile.  Wow, she must really be desperate for a job.  Or else maybe she was just unfamiliar with standard human interactions, being another species and all.  Maybe her people considered sexual propositions the equivalent of inviting someone out to lunch?  Either way it threw him for a bit of a loop.

“Um, n...no.  That won't be necessary,â€? he said, finding his voice at last.  Really, he wasn't even sure how or even if a coupling of that nature would work, what with the two different species thing.  He smiled.  â€œI'll just settle for a list of references.  You do have references, right?"

His eyes were drawn back to the monitor once more, to the message there.  It had happened so fast.  So much faster than he'd expected.  Aedolis just wasn't wasting any time, was it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Tally »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 06:02:59 pm »
Ah yes.

Hypnotic almost. It was a good distraction that way really, it kept people from wanting to kill her at least. If you could keep your enemies entertained with you, even if it was just because you were some novelty act...it didn't matter to her. You were still alive after all, you might have degraded yourself some, but if you remembered that you were strong, then you were alright. You survived.

She gave a smile as he spoke, but something cut him off. She had to look, and she cast a glance over her shoulder for a moment. Nothing important. A monitor, talking about something happening here. War or something. Hah. This place was trying to tear itself apart then. That was very...very interesting tidbit wasn't it? Heh. She'd have to keep an eye on that situation as it developed.

He didn't seem too pleased about her ah...proposition. Not that it was a bad thing. She would have rather gotten this job without having to resort to something so...well, wrong to say the least. Maybe not wrong, but somethign so simple. It was silly after all. A sexual tryst just for a position on a ship? She wasn't...well, yeah she was that desperate.

"Zzzt. Referenceszzzt? Oh, yeszzzt of course. Zzzt." She handed over a strange datapad, one that looked just like her. It was transparent, slightly blue with lightning zipping through it, but of course the lightning was moving through circuits and wires and what not after all. "Zzzt. You might have trouble contacting the first three...they are in another part of the galaxy...the next four don't speak the Trader'szzzt tongue. The reszzzt will be able to give good recordszzzt of me. Zzzt." There was only three left maybe, but they were people from her government. They were made to do just this, in case anyone got suspicious, she could get them to help out.

They'd verify her story, give her a good recommendation of course, and just hope that she was alright and things went accordingly.

Anonymous

Re: Connected [open]
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 08:17:43 pm »
((Gah! I could have sworn I posted roughly a month ago. ;.; Also, I'm sorry I didn't make the deadline I promised you Talyafera. :3))

The strange glowing lady's light show brought Cian out of his fit of laughter. He crawled up off the floor and back onto his bar stool the yelled for the barkeep to bring him another drink. The glowing lady, Kazzt if he remembered right, Kazzt's proposal started him snickering but he cut that off shortly but kept a grin.

"If ye'r lookin' fer some crew 'r passengers, I's aulwa's willin' to go wherev'r." This would happen sometimes, but it was part of his...condition. Cian's manner of speaking would change from one moment to the next, from a high class individual to the crudest dock hand, but he never noticed it. "So whut'cha say?"

He noticed the monitor taking up most of Captain Nathan's attention and the information it held. This could prove somewhat fun, after all what could be more fun than getting close to ships that wanted to kill you? His grin took on an insane cast before turning back to his, hopefully, future companions.

"Besides, I could be useful should things turn ugly."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 01:20:18 am »
Nathan's mind was racing.  Aedolis approaching Libra.  Well shoot.  There went his biggest source of commissions.  He couldn't go zipping off into Aedolis controlled space, even in peace-time.  No way, that was just asking to get roped, no matter how innocuous Diva was.  Nathan just did not mess with Aedolis.  Some independents could deal with them, but those tended to have plenty of hard assets and solid contacts in Haviah itself.  Nathan had neither.  Only thing worse than flying into Aedolis cold would be getting caught in Edanith's back yard with a mage on board.  What was he supposed to do now?  Park on Cancer until the war was over?  That could take months!  Years!  He didn't even have the cash to rent docking space for that long.

Hmm, what to do?

Fleh.  Never mind.  He'd go broke or not.  It was in fate's hands.  Nathan shook off his doubts and took the Kazzt's weird datapad gingerly between his thumb and index finger, looking it over as though he didn't know what to make of it.  He didn't.  For all that personal datapads were common as fleas on an alleycat, Nathan would forever be most comfortable with pen and paper.  And this datapad was...strange.  Blah.  How did you even work one like this?

Biting his bottom lip, Nathan pulled out his own ancient, battered datapad and managed to copy the contact info from Kazzt's to his, and then to route that info to Diva with a command to collect the references while he was going about his business here.  "There!"  He passed her datapad back to her and tucked his own back into his pocket.  "Diva'll send a line out to 'em for me and request a response.  So by the time we get back hopefully there will be a response and we can make it official."

By then Chief had arrived with another drink for the old guy.  Who wanted a job apparently.  Or passage.  He didn't seem to care which.  Which was aces, because Nathan didn't care either so long as he either got a crew member or a fare.  He scratched the back of his head.  "Hm, well, of course we'd love to have you.  I mean, who wouldn't right?  But I should warn you that we have a strict bathing policy on Diva in that we actually do it.  Regularly.  Every other day at least.  So, y'know, you'd have to be down with that."  After a pause, Nathan thought of one more thing, something that might end up being very important.  "And you wouldn't be able to catch anyone's crotch on fire.  Or anything else, really.  No fires in general."

That should cover all the bases.  This was beyond doubt the strangest interview he'd ever given.  He'd never had to negotiate for bathing frequency and crotch fires before.

"I don't think I got your name, mate," he said.  "I'm Nathan."  He got up, stretched.  "And in just a minute I'm gonna head outta here and get some repairs done.  Y'all are welcome to tag along if ya like or you can meet me at Diva later.  Whatever's  your fancy."

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 01:00:11 pm »
Kazzt waited for Nathan to copy information over onto his...rather beat up looking Data pad. Granted, her data pads could be a dime a dozen. If you shot it, the entire thing would completely disappate into energy. The data pads that the humans liked to use were much more durable. They could take a shot from a pistol, she knew by experience. It had even still worked.

"Zzzt. Thank you Miszzzter Nathan. zzzt." She took the data pad back from him and put it away. Alright. This could be interesting. Hopefully the Diva got through and they sent the proper records over. She couldn't have herself being exposed by her own people. She really needed this damned job. If she had a ship, with a captain, she could always use that to her advantage. Get him to go where she wanted to, so long as she could get payment after all.

It was a perfect plan.

Kazzt turned her attention with Nathan to...the old man. Who sort of smelled. And...alright. What was this about him lighting crotches on fire? Kazzt raised an eyebrow as she looked between the old man and Nathan. He wasn't serious was he? There was...this man who apparently liked to light crotches on fires. Or just things in general. That sounded like trouble. Since there was a lot of damned things on board a ship that were HIGHLY...HIGHLY explosive, a spark, a fire, any of those could set off a chain reaction that could result in a frantic orgy of horrible physics. Things like black holes and explosions that killed everyone on board the particular ship.

Yeah...this could be trouble.

She really needed the money though. So much so she was willing to be on board with another man who quite possibly in a fit of raging stupidity split her atoms asunder and turn her into space dust. Well. At least she'd be able to form in an atmosphere or join the rings of Saturn.

As dust.

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 01:09:47 am »
Baths? Frequent ones? Cian was having second thoughts about this, then third and fourth, then thoughts about oranges before coming back to topic. Cian would just have to live with it if he wanted to get off this floating tin can. He sighed inwardly over the loss of his record breaking time without cleaning.

"It's a deal then." Cian replied to Nathan's bathing rules then smiled at the second half of the deal. "Well, I guess I'll try not to start any fires while traveling, even if it does ruin my fun." He got up out of his seat, stretched, and laid what he owed on the counter. "The name is Cian, Captain. I'll meet you at the ship if ya don't mind. Just tell me what it looks like and when to be there." He bowed to Kazzt and Nathan, shaking some dust, dirt, and who knew what from his garments. "Madam, Captain." Cian then headed out the door.

Cian wandered around the station for a while, picking up food, some new clothes -he grumbled about the Bathing Code, as he had come to call it- and some toiletries that he would need for his stay on Nathan's ship. Thinking of his transport off this flying bucket tickled the back of Cian's brain, but the thought slipped away.

Forgetting it, he shuffled around some more until a building labeled 'Baths - Public, Private, and Attended.' Intrigued, Cian went inside. If he had to get used to bathing, he might as well start somewhere. Truth to be told, Cian had forgotten how to take a bath. As he approached the welcome desk, the attendant let out a quiet "Oh." and proceeded to suggest a private bath with attendants to help get the grime off, which he agreed to.

When he entered the bath room he was told to go to, some of the attendants visibly winced, but it was their job to get the walking cloud of stench clean. Cian stripped, which made his look even more disgusting, and lowered himself into the tub. The bathing helpers attacked him with brushes and soap, scrubs and disinfectants, and scissors and fungus killers, only stopping to change out the bath water every few minutes. Eventually, the dirt and habitats disappeared from Cian's body and the attendants started leaving until only one was left in case the bather needed any towels or messages sent. Cian leaned against the edge of the tub. Ahhhh...This actually feels pretty good. Wonder how the bathes will be on the Diva. He sunk into the water until only his head was above the surface. Then a thought struck him. He left before the ship was described to him!

Well...Shit.

Offline Tally

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2008, 05:56:42 pm »
What a productive day!  And it wasn't even over yet.  So far he'd gained a possible crew member and also Cian, who he wasn't sure how to categorize.  Crew, passenger, mascot...they'd figure it out.

"Right, the details."  Good thing Cian had asked, or Nathan might have forgotten to mention the important stuff.  "We'll shove off tomorrow I reckon.  Diva, well she's...black...swift-class...uh."  He trailed off as Cian walked away before getting the description of the ship.  The man walked right out the door.

"Maybe...maybe he's coming back?"  Nathan scratched his head and watched the doors, thinking maybe the old guy would wander back in.  "Huh.  I guess not."  He exchanged a look with Kazzt.  "Well.  I'm sure he'll find us.  Somehow.  Anyway! I think this is all going to work out splendidly!"  Okay, so Diva may not launch with the most conventional of crews, but Nathan had a good feeling about these two.  He was a good judge of character like that.

"Like I said, I got some errands to run."  He started toward the door.  "You can come with if ya want.  'Course you might have some loose ends to tie up yourself.  Just so long as you're at the dock by noonish tomorrow.  We're in section 6A.  She's logged with the database.  Punch her name into a terminal and she'll show on the map.  When I'm done with everything I'll probably rent a room somewhere in Red.  Someplace that has huuuuge beds.  I love Diva, but she don't got a lot of space I admit."

Outside the bar, the crowd was thronging.  A busy day in the Red District.  Nathan bit his lip and stood on his toes just outside the door, craning his head up to try and look over everyone else, but it didn't help that he wasn't very tall.  How best to get where he needed to be?  Cancer in general and this district in particular reminded him of a warren.  Or a maze.  Libra and Cancer may have both been built as Seruna stations, but they were as different from each other as it was possible for two structures to get.  Where Libra was organized, Cancer was haphazard, and no matter how many times he'd been here he still got a little lost.  His sense of direction was so blah.  

To his left, bars and cheap dives advertised in flashing neon signs.  To his right, the businesses became a little more high end.  That, he thought, would be the direction he needed to go.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:52 pm »
"Ahhhh." Cian sighed as he soaked in his tub. Ya know, if all baths would be this pleasant, perhaps they weren't so bad after all. He soaked and soaked until his water wrinkles were getting water wrinkles and then he soaked some more. It really did feel heavenly but all things must come to an end. After all, Nathan was waiting and Cian still had to find Diva after all.

He lifted himself out of the still-warm water and looked up to see the bath attendant offering him a few towels to dry off with. Cian wrapped one around his waist and followed the attendant to a changing room, drying his hair out en route. He slipped into the new clothes he had bought and proceeded on his merry way out of the bath house. Of course, the greeter wouldn't just let him go. There was still a matter of him paying.

"Right, right. Sorry 'bout that." Cian grinned at her. He was feeling pretty good about himself. He got himself clean and into some new clothes. Maybe being clean was all it was cracked up to be.

The greeter slid his ticket across the counter to him.

"What?!" Cian's jaw dropped open at the price that this lady expected him to pay. "This isn't a fair price!"
"I'm sorry, sir, but that price includes all the water, cleaning agents, and man-power we had to use to get you clean."

This was an outrage! Cian was furious and it was obvious that he was. So much so that the greeter was about to call over security when Cian's face went completely blank and a slow, childish smile spread across his face. He looked like a five year old who had just thought of something very mischievous indeed.

"My bill's about to get a looot biiiiger." He said in the sing-song voice of a child about to tattle.

A few minutes later, an explosion rocked the street the bath house was on. Cian merrily skipped out of the burning husk that he had created and kept on skipping down to the spaceport. If being clean meant spending that much money, he was right before. Bathing wasn't all it was cracked up to be. He needed to see if Nathan would repeal his 'bathing code.' Oh well, that was a job for when he was on Diva.

He ended up skipping for quite a while before he made it to the port. He had gotten some weird looks on his way but it was if nobody had ever seen an old man skip before. People were so very strange. On to business...What was he here for again? Oh yes! Ice cream! How could he have been so foolish? Cian quickly looked around for any ice-cream shops that might be near and...bingo!

A couple of minutes later saw Cian happily licking on an ice-cream cone when the real reason for him being at the spaceport reared its head. Diva! He walked over to the nearest terminal, moving carefully so as not to spill his ice-cream, and punched in the ship's name. The terminal made a few computery noises before showing a handy-dandy little map to where Diva was stationed.

Feeling happy with himself, Cian skipped the way over to where his ticket off this floating bucket was docked. He had forgotten about his ice-cream, though, and it fell off of his cone after his first skip but he didn't even notice. After a hop, skip and a jump, Cian landed square in front of the ship.

"Nathan!" He shouted so his voice could be heard from the inside. "I am here as I said I would!." Cian was about to go into more flowery speech when a loud and unpleasant voice called out from a ways behind him.

"Stop! Stop that man!"

Hmmmm...Perhaps the authorities didn't quite like how he had handled his bill...Oh well.
"Nathan! I think we need to be going, so let me in!" He shouted and poised himself ready to spring into the ship as soon as it opened up for him.

Only then did Cian realize that he had no idea if the Captain was even anywhere near his vessel at this moment in time. Well...Damn.

((That was longer than I planned...but more fun. ^.^ Please don't let Cian get thrown in jail. xD))

Offline Tally

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 04:29:15 pm »
Nathan made the rounds in the Red District—talking to the right people, putting some money into the right hands, threatening those that respected that kind of thing—then started back for Diva, winding through the district on one of the routes he'd learned.  Every now and then he'd pass a group moving about in a cluster, wide eyes darting about looking for the nonexistent directories and maps.  Newbs made him smile.  They'd learn, just like he did.

Things got more orderly the closer he got to the docking bay.  From the outside it might have looked just as chaotic as the Red District, but the docking crews knew every ship on the Cancer and where to find them, knew their captains, their allotted time, and all their specs.  No questions asked, that was the flavor of Cancer's atmosphere.  Chapel wouldn't get into your business but he did like to know who was on his station and when.

Nathan was staring at the ground as he walked, lost in thoughts of the people and places he'd encountered today, when pounding footsteps and shouting voices drew his head up.  There was Diva, right where he left her, but some guy was hanging around and it looked like he'd gotten into it with the Cancer security force.

They were marked as security personnel only by their air of authority and the way the docking crew scurried out of their way in a hurry.  They carried no standard issue fire arms.  Had no disciplined formation and no uniforms.  That was Cancer for you.  On Libra the guy would've been facing a wall of identical plasma gun muzzles, wielded by the gray-and-black uniformed security troops.

Nathan went from a walk to a run.  He didn't like the idea of having to stare down a group of Cancer toughs and he didn't like strangers hanging around his boat.  Especially strangers that brought heat down on him.  He reached Diva just before the security did, but decided to get answers from the stranger first.  "Hey man.  You got business with my ship?"  But then recognition struck him.

"Cian?"  Nathan took another couple steps closer and his eyes widened.  "It is you!  You don't even smell!"

The security personnel edged in.  Nathan kept his hands away from the grips of his guns.  Be calm.  Diffuse the situation.  Getting a bad rep on Cancer could destroy an independent contractor like him.  It took years to slither oneself into the inner circles of Cancer's powers that be.  He didn't want to be causing a ruckus that would start him back at square one.

"So uh...what exactly is going on?"

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 01:17:30 am »
"Of course it's me, who were you expecting? Jimbo the clown?" Cian shot back. "Although I would imagine that I might look different, thanks to your 'Bathing Code.'" He put a little twist on the last couple of words to show his displeasure. He turned toward the security forces to see that one of them had edged closer to him and Nathan. "Yes, yes. I was getting to that." He waved the guard away, to no effect. Cian guessed that the people with the guns didn't like his sudden movement, judging by the way they leveled their guns better.

"Anyway, like I was saying." Cian continued. "Since you said I would have to end my record breaking streak without a bath, I decided to see what this place had to offer. Long story short, the place was trying to rob people with their prices and there was a...heated discussion before I left." He giggled and did a little spin. "So, how'd'ya like my new outfit?"

The one security guy edged closer, his gun halfway between Cian and Nathan at chest level. "Sir." He directed to Cian. "You are under arrest for blowing up private property, smuggling explosives onto Cancer or improper use of magic, whichever you used in destroying the building, and public endangerment." Cian held out his hand and a small flame leapt to life in his hand, making the security forces very nervous.

He giggled. "Oh it was magic alright." He turned to give a lopsided grin at Nathan. "I told you it was a heated argument."

Offline Tally

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 10:07:27 pm »
Jimbo the...clown?

"I...no, I wasn't expecting a clown..."  Had he ever given the impression that a clown was what he expected?  When had they ever even discussed clowns?

Cian went on about his outfit and his bath as though there weren't quite a few unhappy gentlemen pointing guns right at them.  And Cian just had to go and antagonize them.  Nathan laid a hand on his wrist.  "Now's not the time.  Douse it."

Now the guards were not only angry but jumpy as well.  Terrific!  "Whoa, whoa...okay.  Let's calm down for a second.  He destroyed some property, right?  That doesn't sound so bad.  Look, he's under my employ, there must be some kind of arrangement we can make."

The man who, thus far, had spoken for the rest of the guards did so again after exchanging a look with the rest of them.  He lowered the gun at last, but kept it in hand.  "The only arrangement for you is for Cancer to take a cut of your profits until the damage is paid off.  Now, the misuse of magic...that won't just disappear I'm afraid."

"I'm sure."  Nathan narrowed his eyes at the man, but what could he do?  This was the way of things on Cancer.  He pulled a folded wad of bills from his pocket and passed it to the man.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:09 pm »
Cian's face fell when Nathan told him to get rid of his fiery bundle of joy. "Awww but I was just starting to have some fun." He complied and crossed his arms before pouting. Why were people always such spoil sports? Cian really didn't see what the big deal was anyhow. That bathhouse was ripping people off so now they would get to use some of their ill-gotten gains in a better way now.

Or so he thought. Cut of the profits?! He would have loved to show the gunnier just what he thought about that but Nathan would probably object and the 'authorities' would probably just get more offended. His pout changed to a frown and he started to grumble. "Well, if you're giving out money." He said to Nathan as the guard was bribed. "Can ya give me some too? I never object to free money." Cian hadn't said it too loudly. No need to make things worse when all he really wanted now was to get off this rusted piece of space junk.

He harrumphed. "Can we go now?" He asked, turning to the ship. The mage ignored any security that may have still been around. He didn't care about them any more so he wasn't even going to notice their presence. "And how do I get into this flying contraption?" His face lit up. "Oh! Can I fly it?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:59 pm »
Then enforcer holstered his gun and took the money with a grin.  "I believe that settles our business, Captain...?"

"Beaumont."

"I'll make sure a lien is placed on your ship 'til the station gets what's owed her." The enforcer game him the friendliest smile as they all sauntered off.

Nathan nodded.  Wasn't anything to be done about it.  If he didn't pay Cian's debt, they had the right to take Diva from him.  And no way in seven hells was that happening.

He put himself between Cian and the closed cargo door of the ship.  Crazy or not, dangerous or not, he was paying Nathan back for every jot.  "Change of plans.  You're on my crew now.  And you're working for free until you work off that debt I just payed for you.  After that you can go where you please but until then, you're on this ship making yourself useful in some fashion or you can go take your chances with the enforcers.  Do we have an understanding?"

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:10 am »
He tilted his head slightly at the ship captain and was quiet for a minute or two, unmoving. He hadn't even been on Cancer for a day. Think of all the fun he could be missing out on! There was also all the businesses that were ripping people off. Those he should probably not find out about. It wouldn't do to be put in a cell for who knew how long.

Nathan was also giving him a way off this floating pile of junk in a relatively safe manner for nothing more than a promise to work. It wasn't really something that he would want to pass up.

"Fine." He righted his head and clapped his hands. "Let's be off then, shall we, my Captain?" The mage backed up a step and did an out of practice, elderly bow. "Cian Lucretia, at your service." He bounced a bit. "As for what I can do, it's been quite a while since I've had to do more than stay out of the way, so I've lost touch with many skills. It'll be an exploration of talents." He said with a grin.

"Shall we depart, Sir? Or is there other business in which Diva must attend?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal