Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Edanith frontier and weather questions.  (Read 580 times)

Anonymous

Edanith frontier and weather questions.
« on: March 05, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »
Oh hai there >_>

I have a potential Edani character floating in my brain, but I wanted to clear a couple things up first, because my brain went on hyperdrive and she ended up being really oddly specific, so I wanted to ask some questions first so I don't step on anyone's toes or anything.

Basically, I had the idea for a teen/youth/young adult kind of subculture out on the frontiers where some restless youngsters entertain themselves in typical restless teenager daredevil-ish ways. Basically they're a sci-fi version of skater kids, only instead of wheeled boards they have a fancy-smancy hoverboard (similar to Back to the Future II). From what I read, the Edani seem to be more eco-friendly with their energy and electricity reserves aren't as common away from the cities, so I had the idea of the boards being primarily powered by natural electricity, aka: lightning, turning the ickle skaters into lightning-surfers. My brain is odd sometimes.

So I have a couple of questions before I jumped in. I know the FAQ's say we don't need permission to play an invented culture, etc, but I thought I'd ask first anyway since the idea I had is pretty closely dependent on other set factors, like for instance, there even being lightning storms on the planet. I was kind of going off the lightning storms in the American midwest when I was brainstorming (no pun intended). They are very frequent, almost nightly in the summer months and the lightning generally skips from cloud to cloud and rarely hits the ground (although it does happen)

So basically, would this work as is, should I tweak it to better fit with the imagined world or should I return to the drawing board?

On a completely different note:  I tried to post this up as a guest, but the board wouldn't let me unless I registered. Maybe my computer's being weird?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Edanith frontier and weather questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »
Hey 8D So, the hover boards are a cool idea and you should totally do something with them! But powering them off lightening during a lightening storm...is a wee bit too much.

As for posting as a guest, only the advertising forum allows that ^__^

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 10:45:08 pm »
Hah, thanks. That's exactly why I thought I would check before I did anything- I had a feeling it might be too much  but never hurts to ask. ^_^ Thanks for clearing that and the guest thing up!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 07:28:29 am »
Dude! Extreme lightning boarding! Like a way more dangerous and awesome take on gathering lightning for power in Stardust combined with Tailspin cloudsurfing! Stardust was magic based, too!

I could so get behind a young Mage/mordacai duo starting this up... Or a bored pilot renting couldsurfing time to kids. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal