Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Happy anniversary! 8D [Quills!]  (Read 520 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Happy anniversary! 8D [Quills!]
« on: March 01, 2011, 03:36:41 pm »
"Oh man, I haven't been here in forever!" Keziah exclaimed as she and Gauri walked through the gates and into the sprawling theme park, the roar of roller-coasters and screams of thrill-seekers filling the air, along with smells of popcorn and cotton candy and all that wonderful junk food that made the cellulite pop up just thinking about!

But fuck it! She was here to celebrate and have a good time and eat and puke and scream her head off. In no particular order. And no thinking about work, either! This was a work-free zone. She'd even left her phone at home, just so she wasn't tempted to check in and see how the Stage 5 candidate was doing covering her class.

"Well, not since the last time I took ya, anyway," she added with a grin, then gave a small jolt and pointed. "OH! Hey! Looks like they got a new coaster! The Scrambler? Was that here last time we came?"

She didn't remember it, and she would have, because the thing that loomed in the distance was a mess of corkscrew turns, near ninety-degree drops, loop-de-loops, and lots of general upside-down-ness. Watching one car scream along the tracks, she realized that it also went backwards.

"'Cause I don't remember it," she continued, watching it with her one eye, before she gave Gauri a slap on the back and grinned broadly. "Looks absolutely terrifying. I'll probably shit myself, but good thing I always carry a spare set of panties. Always be prepared, I always say. Wanna break this trip in hardcore, or should we eat first and do it properly?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Happy anniversary! 8D [Quills!]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:26:36 am »
Gradiversaries were better than birthdays, she swore, and Gauri had been looking forward to this trip for weeks. She'd prepared too, bringing out the sweater with the park logo on it she'd made the first time she went, and not wanting to risk losing another wig to the eleven loops of Behemoth, she'd shaved her head so smooth it gleamed. Maybe the three cans of energy drink on the way hadn't been the best idea but she was feeling fine so far, if a little twitchy. The great big new ride Keziah pointed out didn't totally help with that, and she watched it too, with impressed murmurs of “Oh, wow!” every time the coaster did something cool, right up until a gift shop blocked her view.

“Let's get some food and eat it in line, there's gotta be an hour wait for that thing anyway...” she suggested, then stopped dead in her tracks with a loud gasp, turning to point at the brightly-coloured merry-go-round she always somehow managed to forget was there. “No, wait, ponies! Ponies!”

As usual, being around her old mentor made her act more like the dumb kid she used to be than the adult she was, but dammit, she was twenty-seven years old now and one of the country's biggest badasses, ponies should not be making her this excited. One of these days she'd have to grow up... Today probably wasn't the day for that, though. Trying to point a bit less pointily, she explained with a sheepish grin, “I mean, maybe we should do a warm-up first?”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Happy anniversary! 8D [Quills!]
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 12:35:23 pm »
Gauri's gasp made Keziah jump, but then she followed the other woman's finger and broke into laughter. "I dunno, that's one hell of a warm-up. I mean, maybe we should do something tamer..." But then she gave Gauri's bald head a playful rub, looped her arm through hers, and started to tug her along toward the carousel line.

"Ponies it is! I call the pink one! We match."

Pffft, badassery be damned! They could like ponies because they were badass, because who the hell was going to dare tell them otherwise? There were a bunch of children in the line, accompanied by tired-looking parents. Darn it, there might be some competition for her chosen steed.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal