Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Secrets are made to be found out with time  (Read 895 times)

Anonymous

Secrets are made to be found out with time
« on: February 14, 2011, 02:44:50 pm »
It was a slow day today. Life was like that sometimes, things came in waves. And threes. And sometimes sevens. It all depended on how you wanted to look at things. It was all a pattern, everything had a purpose and a balance, it just depended on how you wanted to look at it.

And Akachi was very good at looking at it. It's what she did. Pulling out a pouch from among the piles around her, she started to carefully roll herself a cigarette. She liked her own much better than the crap in the stores. Plus, her Jordan grew her the tobacco. He was good at growing things, had such a knack for it.

Lighting up, she took a long, slow drag, her yellow eyes scanning the crowd. There would be someone, she knew that. That was when she saw him. Standing up, she tossed her dreadlocks over her shoulder and made her way over.

She never worried about her things, no one would dare. The man was little and pale and a brunette, not really her type at all, but interesting all the same. Smiling that dark smile of hers, Akachi smacked him lightly on the butt, "Ah. Yus ta one. Come, come. I gonna tell ya some tings. Tings ya knaw, tings ya don't knaw. Give ya a glimpse of what ta come."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

Re: Secrets are made to be found out with time
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:46 am »
Should he get the expensive peanut butter?  He should, shouldn't he?  What was the good of having money if you didn't spend it, right?  Still, fifteen for the jar.  For fifteen he could buy like three of the cheap, fakey powdered peanut butter pouches.  It wasn't that he didn't have the fifteen to spare, either.  He did.  He'd just gotten so use to guarding every coin that spending that much, even on some very nice and very real peanut butter, was like physical pain to him.

He had one of each in his hands—the real stuff and the package of powdered crap—when someone smacked his rear.  The woman behind him was unfamiliar, and he was ready to tell her that it was okay, no big deal.  She'd obviously mistaken him for someone else and slapped the wrong ass.

Except she was talking at him like she knew him, or expected him.  He got that same feeling he'd had earlier, with Alexis, that feeling he was on some hidden camera show.  "Pardon?"  He didn't know what the heck she was talking about.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:36 am »
"Get da good 'un." Akachi smiled up at him, her ink darkened teeth an odd site. She turned, gesturing for him to follow, "Come on Naytin. Though," She paused looking Nathan up and down, head tilted thoughtfully, "Hmmmhmmmhmmm. Dat ain't always yer name. Yup, ya best come wit me."

He had a story in him, one Akachi wanted to see. She headed back to blanket, "So many secrets ya got. Fills ya full to burstin' with tings ya can't say. All dat static in yer head."

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:56:50 am »
Nathan shrugged.  "Okay."  He'd been on the verge of flipping a coin anyway.

He handed over the coin to the merchant and his hand froze for just an instant at her next words.  He took in the situation at a glance.  Exit points, security forces, obstacles, cover.  He didn't have enough information to act, not yet.

"Yeah," he said, tossing the jar into the air and catching it.  "I guess I better."

They were headed to an alcove with a blanket spread upon the floor, in full view of everyone around them.  "Why don't we head to the back?  Someplace with some privacy."

Someplace, preferably, out of eyesight of the crowd if not earshot.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 01:03:59 am »
"Don't cha worry. No one gonna hear." Akachi took a seat and patter her blanket, "You gots a big secret, I ain't gonna let dat just go. Don't be silly." Smiling that black smile of hers, Akachi watched him.

He was an interesting man, very bad, very good and had a lot of surprises in store for him. And such a past.

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:52 pm »
"Uh huh."  There went his hope that overconfidence would drive her to put herself alone with him somewhere.  As long as they were in public he had few options.

"What do you want?"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 12:38:36 pm »
"Nothin' ya can give me." Akachi laughed, shaking her head in amusment, "Don't cha worry. Ain't nothin' in it for me ta tell that secret Elijah. Ayes just wants ta talk."

She patted the blanket, "I can tell ya yer fortune if ya like. Ya already know where ya been." Her smile got a little wider, "I makes ya a deal if ya like. I'll prove ta ya I'm not a fake. Then ya can ask me some questions. Each question gets me a favor."

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:42:40 pm »
His mouth went dry at the sound of that name.  Cancer vanished, the world narrowed to this one woman, and that one name.  He couldn't even feel his own body anymore.  He wasn't aware until moments later, when he rose back up out of the abyss, that he had both guns in hand, held straight and ready at his sides.  They weren't for her.

He would not be taken.

"How do you know that?"  His voice was raspy, quiet.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »
Akachi laughed, amused by his reaction, "Ya gots ta pay attention. Ayes told ya, 'M the real ting. Aye knows how to look for tings. And aye said dat I ain't gonna tell no one. Dat ain't my secret ta be tellin' oh no."

She waved a hand at the guns, snorting, "Put dem away. Ain't no place fo' dat nonsense here. 'Tupid boy. Bring yah here and ya wants ta go down fightin' for nothin'."

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 11:00:31 pm »
I wouldn't fight, he thought, neither fully in the past nor the present.  I never did. Fighting implied a struggle, a contest, an unknown or ambiguous outcome.  He...ended things.  Failing that, he ended himself.

The people passing by on the street behind him were giving him a wide berth, eyeing the guns, and he'd caught the attention of some security enforcers.  He closed his eyes and holstered the guns, slowly, let a darker impulse seize him.  His hands were solid and steady as they had always been.  Not a tremor in them.

"What," he said, "do you want?"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
"Tisk tisk. Ya just don' listen boy." Akachi shook head, still looking utterly unfazed by Nathan's reaction. Such a silly one, but that was part of what made him so interesting.

"Open yer ears." She reached forward, snapping her fingers next to Nathan's left ear, "Aye offered ya a trade. But mostly, aye just wanted ta meet cha. Ya cause such a stir and there so many threads tied 'round ya."

Offline Tally

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:16:07 pm »
He shied away from her hand.  He didn't want this woman touching him, or even coming close to touching him.

"What favors do you want from me then?"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »
"Donno yet." Akachi smiled her dark smile again, "Dat fo' me ta decide later. Stop bein' so wary. I ain't want ya back with dem Pilots. Wut dat get me, huh? Nothin' I want. Yer secret is safe. Secret's boy, dey got der own life. Never tell one lightly."

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 09:21:27 pm »
"Then we're done here."  He backed up a step.  "Because I want nothing from you.  Contact me when you have something for me."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »
"don't run boy. It dangerous to run. Tings, dey chase ya when ya run." Akachi stood, then reached up, grabbing Nathan's chin with one strong hand, staring into his eyes, "We gonna meet again. And aye is gonna give ya some advice. Listen good. Don't trust da mouse."

Offline Tally

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 09:29:47 pm »
He'd tried to run once.  Only once.  It had long been an impossibility for him.  His blood burned at the thought of giving in.  Fortune had intervened then, and set him on a different path altogether.

He suffered her presumption only because he had to.  He knew where he stood in this.  "Yeah," he said, scowling.  "I don't know what that means."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »
"Ya will boy. Ya will." Akachi shook her head, "Don't assume boy. I ain't talkin' about yer past." She debated warning him of the danger coming to Cancer, then decided against it. He didn't deserve that bit of information.

"Best you learn you some respect. I forgive ya dis once, but next time, ya learn ta treat a lady proper."

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »
Gods-fucking-damnit.  Playing this game with Aydan wasn't enough, now he had to dance to the tune this one played as well?

"It won't be a problem."  He hated the rules, but he knew how to play.  This was familiar territory.  Resignation and a cold disregard to everything around him, to consequences and himself and the future.  "Anything else?"

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 10:08:45 pm »
"Ya can go." Akachi smile again, letting her hand drop, "Best prepare. It gonna be a dark time ahead. But ya got a good crew."

Offline Tally

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 10:16:04 pm »
While they last, he added to himself, then immediately changed his line of thought.  He shouldn't be treading that ground.  It was over, he was done.  There was a world around him that he had to re-join and be a part of once again, and in that world those thoughts could not exist, no matter how true they were.

He had no more words for the fortune teller, and only glanced back at her once as he walked away through the crowd.  The urge to read her mind was almost unbearable, but he bore it.  That temptation came with dangers he could not afford to pull down on himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal