Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Paradise Within the Wastes {2nd attempt} ((OPEN))  (Read 2444 times)

Anonymous

Paradise Within the Wastes {2nd attempt} ((OPEN))
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:38 am »
The wastelands...a barren region of venomous winds, skeletal forests, and poisonous streams. Aside from the mutant creatures that adapted to life in this region, the area is uninhabitable and lifeless, bringing only death upon the unprepared traveler.

However, in an area surrounded by jagged mountains, there exists a paradise within the wastes...the BioSphere. Stretching up to thirty miles in diameter and fifteen miles high, the BioSphere is nothing more than a force field that gives life and prosperity. It has been in existence for centuries, and it still runs to this day. The generators that create this BioSphere gain their energy from the toxic atmosphere on the outside, and convert that energy into purified, breathable oxygen.

Because of this, the area inside the BioSphere is a true paradise, filled with lush forests, clean water, warm plains, and unaltered life. Here, the skies are always blue on cloudless days, and on the cloudy days, rain falls instead of acid. During winter, the snow is free of radiation. For centuries, this BioSphere has existed in seclusion, but it is not rare for the occasional outsider to step into the forcefield that protects this lush utopia from the outside elements.

A tribe of leonine people numbering only a few hundred souls dwell within this BioSphere's epicenter. They are a very protective and secretive tribe, as they do not like outsiders. However, one person of the tribe, different from the rest, welcomed people who came in peace or have simply lost their way.

Her name was Kyra, and she now wanders the plains of the BioSphere, her rust-red tail swaying with each step, her cat-ears perking at the many sounds of nature. But she didn't like wandering alone. She wished for some pleasant company.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:40:09 pm »
edit:  Righty-ho, it's gone, sorry for the intrusion, carry on ^^
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:15:09 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:05:44 am »
Louhi, a young rather pale girl walked alone, keeping to the shadows of the trees. It wasn't as if she could hide among the shadows, but they comforted her and prevented her skin from being severely burned by the sun. She appeared human enough at first glance, though her eyes at the moment were wavering somewhere between blue and lavender. They had a tendency to change color depending on the situation. Her clothing was extremely dated. The fabric was roughly woven cotton, a simple earth tone brown, her shoes leather, but repaired multiple times. She carried a staff in one hand, relying on it quite a bit to ease what could be a rather heavy limp at times.

She was scared, but not for the reasons most people might think. She was in a whole different world than the one she knew, but that had become a common enough theme in her lifetime. However, severe bouts of blood lust were problematic. She was on her own for blood when the time came, and she hated it.

She stopped as she heard a change in the surrounding areas. Listening intently, she tried to discern what it was and decide if it was likely friendly, or if she needed to put distance between them and herself. She wasn't likely to outrun a wild animal, she knew that. She couldn't even outrun a person anymore, so she waited, listening.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:55:54 pm »
Kyra continued walking across the plains, nearing the dense forest that she had become so accustomed to seeing. As she walked along the edge of the forest, she spotted something sheltered under one of the great trees out of the corner of her eye. She stopped and tried to see what it was, but the foliage prevented her from doing so. She carefully stepped through the brush and beheld an odd sight.

It was a young human girl, and she was dressed in the oddest attire she had seen yet. Kyra had seen odd fashions from other outsiders, but this easily topped the odd factor. The girl seemed frightened of something, but what it was remained a mystery to Kyra.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:37:31 pm »
Louhi shifted uncomfortably, removing the weight from her bad leg as she eyed the cat girl. She was still not used to seeing things that didn't look human, but she had never stood gaping in shock anyway. Servants did not allow themselves such behavior.

Unsure what to do, Louhi bobbed a flawed curtsy. "I'm sorry...is this your land?" She asked, and then wondered if the cat person even spoke her language. Why did she get herself into these messes? She had obviously been seen, there was no point in trying to hide after already being found.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:13:55 am »
Kyra cocked her head to one side. Like many of the outsiders she had spoken with, this one spoke the tongue of men, which she understood and spoke fluently. But when asked if this was her land, she couldn't help but show a look of curiosity in her eyes.

So she replied, "This is my homeland, yet I do not own it. It belongs to my tribe. But you are welcome here." Or, at least, she welcomed the outsider. She knew how the tribe would react if she brought this strange girl into the village.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 08:56:38 am »
Louhi's eyes slowly shifted to a lavender-gray. She was nervous and didn't really know what was going on, but she bowed her head in thanks. "Do many of you live here?" She had tons of questions, but feared being a pest by asking them all at once. Technically, she wasn't even supposed to ask any unless given permission, but that was definately an old way of thinking and she was slowly changing her habit. She shifted to lean against a tree. She'd been walking most of the day every day and it was taking a toll on her leg, but given the technology of the time, she was lucky to still have it and be able to use it.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 10:04:50 am »
Kyra gave a pleasant, calm smile. "My tribe numbers a few hundred people. But the village in which they live in is quite a long way away from here." She pointed west, the direction in which she came from, to indicate where it was. But she wasn't going back for quite a while.

She then noticed that the strange girl was leaning on a tree, as if she needed it to support herself. She then made note of the staff she was holding. "Is something the matter with you legs?" she asked.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 09:32:33 pm »
"Where do you stay when you're so far from the tribe?" Louhi asked, forgetting for a moment her resolve to contain her questions. For all she knew Kyra was a private person and didn't want to share her knowledge of shelters with a strange new comer.

"Oh" Louhi blushed a little "Just this one" She said, placing a hand on her right leg. "Old injury is all." A couple hundred tribe members? That was a lot to her since she'd lived in a mannor and rarely made it to town at all. She looked up at the cat girl with concern, waiting for her to say something as being 'half lame' had caused discrimination before, and she'd stopped trying to know what to expect seeing as every place she went seemed to be entirely different from the previous one

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 04:10:20 am »
Kyra smiled. "Not in one place usually. I like the wilderness," she said. "And I'm sorry to hear about your leg."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't even introduced myself yet. I'm called Kyra," she said, bowing slightly. "And what might you be called?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:42:57 am »
"I'm Louhi" She said, bowing as well, smiling just slightly, revealing normal human teeth. "I like the wilderness too" She commented. Mostly because in the wilderness, she was relatively safe. Maybe she didn't want to go to the tribe after all. "What kind of beasts roam here?" She'd run across a couple that were quite frightening at first. She wasn't entirely sure how she escaped them, but that was hardly unusual.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 02:45:20 pm »
Kyra thought for a moment. "Oh, you know...birds of all sorts, antelope, coyotes, wolves...pretty much every generic animal of the food chain." She also knew that out there, life had been corrupted radically by the ever-expanding metal cities, but she wasn't about to tell Louhi that, now was she. "But they're nothing to fear really."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 08:19:46 pm »
Louhi gave a nod, looking a little relieved. Earth animals. Those she could deal with. It was those strange, unnatural animals she couldn't wrap her mind around. "What do you do here?" As far as she knew, everyone had a purpose, everyone had a place of some kind-- except maybe herself, but she had had one when she was younger.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 04:12:41 am »
Kyra cocked her head to one side in a curious manner. How could she answer such a broad question like that? What does she do here? "A lot of things," she began. "I'm a hunter-gatherer for my tribe."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 07:56:26 am »
Hunter-gatherer. Not what she had expected to hear, but it was at least something she knew what it meant. "That must keep you busy. Is that why you spend so much time out here?"

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 10:17:26 am »
Kyra rubbed the back of her neck. "Well, that's not exactly why, but to tell the truth...I tend to run away from home a lot," she said. She then found herself numb with disbelief that she was telling an outsider about this...but she told a lot of outsiders, so there was no need to break with tradition.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:27 pm »
"Really?" Louhi asked, tilting her head slightly. "Do you keep getting caught? Or do you keep going back of your own free will?" One she might be able to help with, the other didn't technically need any help. Wandering was lonely. Her leg was quivering under her skirts, but she seemed to be paying it no mind, but that was entirely perception. She was keenly aware of it, she just didn't know how to gracefully sit down without being rude. Those old teachings and trainings stuck hard with her.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 02:58:28 pm »
Kyra shrugged and sat down into a cross-legged position, setting her quarterstaff next to her. "It's always because I keep getting caught. But this time, the tribe will never find me." She sounded confident, but inside, she wasn't really sure. "I don't really like my tribe too much," she added.

"Please, sit down."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 09:06:07 pm »
Louhi sank slowly into a sitting position "If...if you wanted, I could help you make sure they didn't find you again. I'm good at hiding." She said. She did want to help, but she also wanted company. Before her mother had sent her away to keep her alive, she'd always had at least her mother to talk to, and then there were other servants around whether she talked to them or not, but now, she mostly wandered the wild portions and took her chances living off the unfamiliar plants and wildlife she could get ahold of. "Why don't you like your tribe?" She asked before hastily jumping in as if she could cut off her words "I mean...you don't have to answer, none of my business. I appologise."

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 03:15:48 am »
Kyra smiled, then said, "No, no, don't worry about it. I feel more comfortable when I talk to somebody about my problems." Her smile then disappeared.

"There are two reasons why I don't like my tribe. The first is that my tribe hates outsiders of all kinds...especially humans, because they nearly hunted my kind to extinction. So they keep this lush paradise to themselves. But I think they are still living in the past and keeping their old grudges. I want to have different people to talk to and help out. But my tribe thinks that I'm bringing their downfall by doing that."

She paused, as if expecting Louhi to say something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal