Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Fresh Meat  (Read 381 times)

Anonymous

Fresh Meat
« on: May 26, 2010, 03:06:21 pm »
Yo!

So I'm new, etc. I've done the forum RP thing before, but the sites were developing a bad habit of poofing into non-existence overnight, so it's been a year or so since I've really role-played anywhere online.

I like the no-stress atmosphere of Remnants and will probably cross over to Spirits once I have the hang of this one. XD I like options.

I'm not the quickest post partner as I tend to write a lot (a habit I'm trying to curb, as I seriously don't need to write as much crap into a post that I do) but I'll usually manage 1-2 posts a day, sometimes more, and sometimes missing a day. I may end up doing more here as I've found my urge to post rises when I don't have monkeys on my back asking me where my posts are every fifteen minutes. XD

I'm into torturing my characters, enmeshing them into intricately sadistic stories, and helping other players inflict interesting times upon their characters, too. I am not into egalitarian kum-by-yah circles where everybody loves everybody else and all threads feature characters skipping hand in hand through flowery meadows.

I have about five characters jumping around that want to be played NAO, so I'll be getting on making some profiles. (I'm definitely one those people that needs something down on paper before I can crawl into a character's head properly.) I'll be starting off with some folks involved in the Pilot program, and from there move onto normal citizens, maybe some Martians, some spacefarers, and I cannot wait to do some stuff with TRIM (SCIENCE! Ahem.)

So, that's me. Oh, and Rina brought me. I don't know if I should admit that or not? XD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Fresh Meat
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:26:25 pm »
Welcome to the board : DDD

Heeee |D Torturing characters is always fun. I'm sure I try to do it far too often myself.

I look forward to seeing what your characters are like : DD I'm always around for RPs and what not if you'd like (though I'm a bit slow on replying myself)...I don't have any Pilots yet....but if you make a candidate...I have one of those and lots of other misc characters. : D

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:38:05 pm »
I only have five words.

Uh oh, Rina Brought You. ( I say that with love, I swear! And, is 'uh oh' two words? <_< )

We'll switch that  to 'I have five sounds to make at you.'

Now that those are over!

Welcome 8D! I look forward to what you can create.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:57:08 pm »
I KNOW WHO YOOOOU ARE 8DDDDDD

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 01:43:37 pm »
I'm lovin the character torture. =) And yay for Rina's invitingness. ^_^

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 03:41:21 pm »
Ahahaa~! I love your avatar! I was just talking about that movie on RPG-D. Anyway, so yeah, character torture is awesome. I do the same thing and it sounds like some other people here do, too. It's not very fun to play sunshine and happiness all the time (though I don't mind it from time to time, I always end up snatching it from my character). I guess what I mean is, I like a happy medium because I've found when I dump too much on a character, they start to get really angsty and whiny and I kinda start to hate them. xD A little angst is interesting, but once it crosses a line into whiny territory, where all they do in their posts is whine about their lives, I just wanna strangle them.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »
It's good to feel how a character get when they are like that but after awhile it gets bad. Looking at some of Satori's whiny posts now makes me go blech.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 05:33:23 am »
Megashark vs. Giant Octopus is the best bad movie ever. I had to replay the avatar screen about three times before I could continue. XD

I agree on not completely laying on the angst, either... I try to keep my characters so busy putting out fires that they don't have time to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. If they DO have time to feel sorry for themselves, I make sure more horrible things happen. :D

And I'm still totally making characters, btw. I had three kitties come down with fleas, school registration looming, spontaneous health issues crop up, and a 2,000 mile road trip to handle. I am never this busy. My life just likes to get all the hectic stuff out of the way all at once so I can be bored the rest of the year.

Now if I could just decide if I wanted to Photoshop up some charry art or just leave it be... hrmmm...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal