Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: "Such a Lonely day..." ((Open to anyone))  (Read 565 times)

Anonymous

"Such a Lonely day..." ((Open to anyone))
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:02:01 am »
Almost....finished.

Wiping his brow, Ivan looked down at his creation, a small droid that looked much like a mouse. He held out a gloved hand, and the blue-eyed bot climbed carefully onto it, causing Ivan to smile. His satisfied smile had a touch of crazy to it. Gently lowering his hand to let the little creature scurry off to another part of the house. Oil was streaked across his face, a bit of it in his very light hair. Opening the food cabinet to look for a bite to eat after a long day of working, he realized that there was very little in there. He sighed, walking across the floor of his very simply furnished house filled with robots of all sorts and sizes. He went outside, sitting down on his little porch, almost falling asleep in the chair. He watched people go by, smiling a little, but he felt so....lonely. Robots and the like, no matter what, were never the same as human interaction. But he couldn't help not having any friends. After all, who wanted to be friends with the crazy guy down the street who was always manufacturing new things day and night, rarely going out?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: "Such a Lonely day..." ((Open to anyone))
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:16:59 am »
He will search far and wide for me, but he'll never find me. The thought seemed so confident, yet there was a ring of fear in it, something desperate tinged the edges like burn marks on an old map. Nobody would find him. Why would they? Nobody was looking for a tiny bat with fashion sense--though to be quite honest, it wasn't all Necros' doing. Obviously, he had no fingers to tie the green ribbon upon his leg, and he had no means to tie a neat little bow-tie around his neck. That was the work of somebody else; somebody Necros thought back on with great fondness--and great sadness. Her face floated to the forefront of his mind for just a moment, but he had more pressing business.

Where am I?

He didn't have amnesia, but he'd woken up in complete confusion of the land he was in. He had much to learn, it seemed, but from who? Who can I trust? Again, that tinge of fear spiked through him, spurring his wings to propel him forward faster. Being out at this time was against his very nature, but he just had to keep moving... Find somewhere inconspicuous to hide...

Hey, look! Somebody on a porch!

Necros' ears perked up with excitement. He could hear beyond that porch the familiar whir of machinery! Diving downward, he thought he heard a distant "eek!" as he passed close by somebody's head and then he was in the beautiful shade of the porch. He hooked his claws into the rafters and looked down at the occupant on the porch.

//Hello!// Necros chirped a greeting directly into the young man's head, tilting his head slightly so that his ears swished to the side briefly. //Would you happen to have some fruit sitting around that you're not going to eat? I'm kinda starving after my long flight.//

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 07:55:51 pm »
Ivan was startled to find a thought that he didn't put there in his head. And, it was almost as if he heard it! He sat up, looking around himself, trying to find the source. He was suspicious of telepathy, for that was what pilots did far away. He found a small bat, who was looking at him. The bat was the source? That was odd. He smiled a little at the bat. Odd creature to interact with, but no matter. He stood. Then, he said, "Hello little bat. I do indeed have some fruit." He figured he might as well get what this bat wanted. He was used to weird, and this was definately weird. He quickly scurried inside and came out with a single fruit, setting it down on the porch. He said, "I hope you like it. Do you have a name?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »
Exciting! And Necros was easily excited. He was glad to see the person wasn't whacking at him with a large piece of wood or even a shoe. Bats weren't welcome sights to some people, even bats who weren't entirely as they seemed. This bat knew he wasn't quite just a bat, but he didn't recall how he came to be now in this form. It didn't bother him, though. He was far to curious about everything else. Not to mention, he was so hungry.

For a moment, Necros wondered if the person he happened upon was going to go inside and get a can of bat repellent (did it exist?), despite his words of getting fruit, but his mistrust was out of line, for the young male come back with just what he'd promised. Necros spun around in the air to express his appreciation before taking hold of the fruit almost delicately. He nodded his little bat head and then he ate. He ate slowly to savor the juiciness, and once he was done, he licked his little paws to the best of his ability.

//Thank you! I do have a name, it's... Necros.// He raked a paw over one of his ears, fussy with his cleanliness. Then he cocked his head to the side. //Your name?//
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:55:13 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 05:08:46 pm »
Ivan smiled. What an interesting little creature. He was rather amused at the bat's way of eating, and was glad that the fruit was apparently liked by the bat he had met. The words that entered his head told him that this bat's name was Necros. An interesting name for an interesting creature. He nodded to himself. Asked his own name, he said aloud in a soft, rather childlike voice, "Ah, my name is Ivan! Call me whatever you like, though, friend." He glanced at the fruit that was quickly being eaten away and added, "Do you need anything else, Necros?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »
What Necros needed was actually not within the realm of this boy's abilities to give to him. Namely, who he really was. It wasn't really that big a deal to him, though, so he thought about what else he might need assistance with. Then he shook his head.

//Do you need anything, Ivan?// He was only a small fruit bat, but he could help this person in thanks for helping him not starve to death. He could spy or perform subtle acts a human couldn't. Did a young human like this really need any help with something like that, he wondered. Necros was fond of the young. They understood him better than the older people. The ones who only liked to use and abuse.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:49:06 pm »
Ivan looked thoughtful. He wasn't sure what this little creature could offer him. He had bots for many things and everyday tasks. He ran a grease-stained hand through his hair. Right when he was about to say 'no', it dawned on him. He was just thinking about it earlier. What he needed was a friend, human or other being. In this case, a little bat. Ivan said, with a childlike gleam in his eye, "Necros, I have thought of something. Would you keep me company for a little while? I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to..but, it would be nice." he paused, waiting for an answer.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 02:23:34 am »
It was an unexpected request, but an interesting one, nonetheless. Necros flapped his wings and flew down and around in a funny little spiral before finding a closer place to perch. He wanted a better look at Ivan. He was a small person, bit fragile looking. His request made Necros wonder. Is he lonely?

//Do you live all alone?// He didn't see anybody else around here, that was for sure. He rather liked the idea of staying. It wasn't as if he had anywhere to be. The only thing that worried him was the fact that he was probably being hunted and he didn't want Ivan involved. //I can stay.// He didn't specify for how long, but neither had Ivan. //What do you do?// He wanted to ask if he traveled, but he supposed not, so he left the question, for now, unspoken.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal