Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just let me sleep. [Mayan and anyone else!]  (Read 983 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Just let me sleep. [Mayan and anyone else!]
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:09:10 am »
Rune gave a low groan and he let his head drop back down onto his arms, which were folded atop the tabletop. Ow. What had he been thinking taking that many shots? That was probably just the thing, he hadn't been thinking at all. Well...or maybe he had been thinking. He'd been thinking, "Yay! I have money to throw around now! I think I'll celebrate with a couple cheap shots and a cheap whore!" except he'd never gotten to the cheap whore part because the cheap shots had been deceivingly strong. Ugh. Hangovers were pretty much a mood killer.

Sighing, he idly massaged his right temple with his fingers, trying to soothe away the pain that was not unlike an icepick chipping away at a portion of his skull. Or maybe that was an exaggeration. Still, he was a little surprised (and infinitely grateful) that the bartender hadn't tossed him out on his ass and had instead just left him where he'd passed out, head buried in his arms, turquoise eyes clenched shut, looking quite pathetic, no doubt. That was rather nice, because right now he didn't feel like moving.

Damn, it had to have been years since he'd gotten this, ah, shit-faced. Must be a sign that he was losing some of the alcohol tolerance he'd worked so hard to build up when he was younger.

And no, Rune, the correct response to that thought was not, "Guess that means I'll just have to drink more and build it back up!" His head gave a sharp throb at that idea, either punishing him for thinking such a stupid thing in the midst of a hangover or just because thinking, period, didn't seem to be working that well right now. His brain was out of commission. Ugh. Another reason he'd given up the heavy drinking. He sort of needed his brain to do his job.

"Should I take that groan as a sign that you're finally alive?"

Cracking his eyes open, Rune lifted his head just enough so that he could peek up at the speaker--who turned out, unsurprisingly, to be the bartender--through a curtain of dark blue bangs, the rest of his hair tied back in a thick braid that was decorated with beads. His eyes were bloodshot. "Define 'alive'."

"You got a pulse. Anyway, you've got a tab to pay off and...you're drooling on my table. It's gonna start getting busy here soon and I kind of need that table cleared for customers who are actually gonna drink. I think it's safe to say you're done."

A polite way of kicking him out. Nice. It was better than getting literally tossed out, but he still rather liked this table. It was comfy and nice right now. Coughing softly, Rune glanced down at the table and gave it a quick wipe with a gloved hand. "Neh...right. Done. Fine. I'll get outta yer hair, then." With a small sigh and a quiet groan, he scooted his chair back and pushed up from the table, swaying a moment before he stabilized himself as his head ached unpleasantly. Ow. Oh well. It was time to get going, anyway, and his ship should be repaired by now.

It had suffered a little during his little "exploit", and he didn't plan on staying on the Cancer any longer than it took to get the issue fixed. Gods how he loved it that no one ever asked questions here. The huge, charred dents in the ship's side would have drawn suspicion anywhere else, but here, people couldn't care less from his experiences.

True to his word, Rune promptly left the bar and made his way out into the throng of people outside, though instead of heading for the docking bay he leaned against the building and rubbed his temples. Actually, on second thought...maybe he should let the ship hang out for a bit longer.

Piloting it didn't sound all that exciting at the moment.

[Apologies for the suck! Ahhh! D8 Hope you have something to reply to! If not...I can edit! Eep! I was so at a loss of what to write. xD;]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Hah hah, Akabu's daughter xDDD Still gets me.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:25:47 am »
((Ahh sorry for my suck as well >_< New character, old theme, gotta get into the groove!))

These people were hilarious!

Temptation was a dangerous thing, it was a gateway, it could lead you down paths of death, self destruction, and sometimes even planet wide destruction...but they didn't seem to care at all! They indulged in all sorts of depravity and temptation just...just because they could, because it was there! How could you hate a place that gave into temptation just because it could! Of course, there were some parts of temptation that were a little strange and a little grey. Like drinking and sex. Sure with drugs it was simple, you didn't need them, but you wanted them, you desired them, and then later it was an addiction, you didn't need them still, but you believed you did.

Drinking could be the result of anything though, same with sex. Maybe not a desire, but a need, and you didn't get the same level of temptation. Some people just drank because of a hard day at work or some such nonsense. It did explain her father's adoring love for the drugs he created. And of course this universe just seemed to have the right places to give the drugs to. A space station that was filled with researchers who snatched up unsuspecting mages and psychics then tested on them. So far his contact in this realm was sending drugs to them...how they got from hell to the contacts hands will remain a mystery.

Must have been some sorcery going on there, a teleportation spell.

If only those things were accurate. Right now she was supposed to be at a place called TRIM where the experiments took place. Instead however she found herself on a rather large space station that wasn't named TRIM, but instead it was named...Oh...they named it after their star consellations or...some sort of disease. Lupus or...Aries or...well the name wasn't really important at the moment.

She pulled her coat tighter against herself, trying to cover herself a bit more. Humans were peculiar when it came to nudity, and when it came to temperature. It was FREEZING here. At least they weren't peculiar about alien races, or for that matter races from the depths of Hell. People thought she looked Demonic but assumed she was from just another planet somewhere.

She adjusted her large fedora carefully, knowing that it wouldn't cover her horns, which were small and sprouted from between her hair in her skull and curved upwards. They went right through the hat, having made holes in it long ago to let them through. Silver hair fell in waves behind her, her bangs however had been gelled and fell in front of her face like icicles almost. Right in front of her large almost doe like white eyes. She looked almost innocent, if it wasn't for her dark chocolate almost black burnt skin, the fact she was well over six and a half feet tall and her legs, while shapely, ended in talons, with three large clawed toes at the front and one at the back.

The trench coat at least was made for her size, and for her slightly longer arms. Right now they were clutching her chest, holding the item of clothing closed, even though it was buttoned up and the belt was tied around her waist. It probably just helped to show off the curves of her body, her somewhat large chest and hips...and of course...the tail. Whip like and sleek, whipping back and forth behind her in irritation. Oh and the lewd comments!

People had no respect her! One man asked her if she could do anything sexual with her tail! The nerve! Right in public, it was a cat call of some sort. She had simply huffed and continued on her way. While yes her tail could grasp simple things and...anything vaguely phallic could fit into a hole, she wasn't going to answer some pervert calling to her.

Still she continued on her way, sniffing as she went. She was hunting out temptation. She needed to find people who had given in to temptation, were going to give into temptation, or were in the middle of some temptation. She needed strength, she needed some power, she had to get off this space station and find herself the right space station. Though, she had been told there were pilots out there who would be willing to fly her on one of those...ships. Money wouldn't be a problem of course, her father had given her some gold as 'spending money' just in case. She had no idea if they even still /used/ gold for that matter. Someone had mentioned credits earlier as a money source, so there could be trouble there.

That's when she smelled him. A man who had given into temptation recently. He was staggering out of a bar...a drunk. Well. Maybe not drunk now...hang over. He seemed really beat up. She stood there, peeking at him from behind one of the artificial bushes that had been potted to give some atmosphere. She really...looked out of place, since the bush wasn't as tall as her so she stood a whole two or three feet above it, just watching him.

The smell of temptation wasn't strong on him, but it was still there, it lingered. She just had to get a bit closer...so she approached him. "You look a little worse for wear there stranger." Her voice was throaty, seductive in a way, like a purr as she slid up casually to him. "Need some help getting to where your going?" He might live here...in that other district, and the walk from there would be nice because it would mean that she could suck the residual temptation from about him. He was an easy mark, it wasn't like a druggie or a sex starved maniac who would put the moves on her...he was just a man with a hang over! Perfect really.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
'Man it feels good to walk around,' Dynamite thought as he stretched his arms in the air and strolled towards the Red Light district.

It had been a long 5 days journey through hyper space and after a while it seemed like the world was nothing but blackness and streaks of stars rushing by.  It could drive a person crazy!  

'It's so cramped in that god damned ship too!' Dynamite winced to himself and he stretched and added a little jump to his step.

"Ahhhh, space!" he sighed.  

Dynamite had landed his ship, Dynamite's Destiny about 15 minutes ago and he was ready to find some interesting people to talk to and ready to get a good hot meal.  His ship had cooking facilities, but he lacked the skills and mainly motivation to use them.

'It's just so much easier to spread things on crackers!  Anything that's spreadable goes great on a cracker if your hunger enough... at least for a while," he mused.  

He looked around at all the unusual beings and wondered if he looked out of place.  He was wearing his favorite black cape that made a perfect swishy-ness when he turned around and an old uniform he had found laying around...

'They say everyone loves a man in uniform!' he thought as he kept walking.

His dark eyes gazed out from behind his bangs that hadn't been trimmed for a while.  He had shoulder legnth dark brown hair and his skin was nicely tanned.  He wore several chains around his neck that had secret charms attached to them that were hidden underneath his shirt.

His uniform was dark grey and green with red trim and had symbols going down the sleeves that were from a language he was unfamiliar with.

'Hmmm... I wonder where a good place to eat is around here, maybe they know,' he thought as he approached a couple of pretty different looking individuals.

"Hey, do either of you know of a good place to get some hot food around here?" he questioned, as he raised and eyebrow and winked at the kind of cute female creature in front of him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Whooo!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:28:41 am »
Rune cracked his eyes open, squinting against the light, as a voice cut through all his currently self-hating thoughts. And then he blinked when the first thing he saw was an eyeful of...well...chest. Uh? Snapping his eyes upwards, he was further surprised when he saw that the speaker was a rather tall humanoid female. Okay, so that was an understatement. She towered over his mere five feet ten inches. Whoa. That was a bit unfair. He knew he wasn't exactly short, but he'd always felt not tall enough and...huh.

Perhaps it was strange that her height was what shocked him the most, considering the rest of her looked odd. But he'd seen a lot of strange creatures and peoples on his travels. "How observant," Rune replied as she commented on his messed-up state, trying not to grimace at her seductive tone of voice. Ahaha, hopefully she wasn't trying to hit on him, because he certainly was in no state for a romp, not to mention she kinda looked like she'd...er...break him, cute as she looked. Those talon-like feet looked freaky, and the horns...

"I think I'm good. Just a hangover, no biggie. Gimme a coupla hours an' I'll be fine. Though actually...know any good coffee joints 'round here? I hear caffeine's good fer--" He stopped in midspeech when a new voice cut in, and he turned his head so he could eye the new male.

Man, everyone was sure dressed up here compared to him. This guy in his fancy uniform, this chick in her trench coat, while he'd just thrown on an old pair of roomy breeches with the knees threadbare, tucked into a pair of black army boots, and a long-sleeved shirt--he was used to warmer weather, and it was a little chilly here. Hm. The guy had a nice uniform. Maybe when he was feeling better he could jack--no! Low key! He had to be low key here. No jacking people's uniforms! An anyway, the guy said something that snapped that thought right out of his head.

Food...? Rune winced and swallowed, the mere thought of food making his stomach churn unpleasantly. Probably because the term "hot food" made him think "soup" for some reason, and while he normally liked soup...now wasn't the right moment to be thinking about that. Bringing his right hand to his mouth, he gave a little cough and closed his eyes for a few seconds, willing the image of boiling soup, full of wonderful vegetable and meat chunks, out of his head. Eugh. Chunks. "Erm...well...that bar's got some. I think. I can't really remember, actually. They might have like...soup or something." He cringed and lifted his hand from his mouth so he could massage his temples.

"There're other places though. I know that. Somewhere. My brain ain't functionin' well right now, I dunno." He glanced toward the woman and raised an eyebrow, her cue for sharing any better ideas if she had any.

Food might not be such a bad idea. Bread or crackers would probably settle his stomach.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Mwahahah! She's a leader!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 04:58:25 pm »
He was really lucky he decided to look up after cracking those bloodshot eyes of his open, or the next thing he would have gotten an eye full of would have been her tail or maybe a fist. Still, it was kinda funny that he was so...short. Then again by Daemon standards she was actually kinda on the short side. Her father was over seven feet, and her brothers were just under that...not to mention a lot of the other Daemoness that were in Hell stood just under seven feet as well, if not taller.

"I've got an eye for detail." She spat back venomously. He sounded kinda rude with that tone of his, and she wasn't in any mood for someone sassing her, more so when that someone was a good source of food at this time. "Coffee joints? I think I saw a cafe on my way here when I w-" She went to point toward where she had come from but there was suddenly there talking to them. She looked downward at the man who talked to her...and...and winked.

"I hope you've got dust in your eye." Her voice, while it still had that purr in it held a dangerous tone as she observed the man. He did look good in that uniform with the cape and all but still...she was so tired of males just hitting on her...of course she should probably start wearing clothes or something along those lines. Hard to find clothes that fit you really! Luckily the trench coat and hat was a classic sort of attire for Temptation demons and readily available.

"We could go to that cafe and get this poor guy some coffee...I think it served food since people were eating." She suggested as she looked over to the man with the hang over, just as he had looked toward her. Poor thing probably shouldn't drink so much, as he seemed really out of it. Still, she was feeding off his residual temptation, and it tasted good.

It was strange though, how you could feed off something that was more or less just an idea...just a word...

She never questioned it, all she knew is that when people were tempted, being tempted, or had recently given into temptation, she felt a whole lot better around them. That's all there was to it.

"C'mon you two, I'll show you where I saw it." Not like they had a choice as she wrapped her arms about their shoulders roughly and practically dragged them along with her. "I think it was over here..." She stopped..."No...no this isn't where I was hold on." She looked around for a moment before her face seemed to brighten up. "Ah! This way." Then they were gone again, walking along with her dragging them for the ride. It took her a few minutes to get her bearings but eventually she managed to locate a shop that had people in it, drinking different liquids and a variety of aromas from different foods.

"This looks like the place! It's got that little...cup sign with the wavy lines coming from the cup." She pointed to the sign, effectively letting go of the two men who had been squished against her. She was enjoying the fact that she was the tallest person so far. Everyone had called her short where she came from, back in hell, but now...now she was the tallest! Even taller than some of the men! This was terrific!

With an air of confidence she strode into the cafe and stood in line at the counter. Apparently you ordered first, and then you took your food and drink back to a table. It wasn't that busy here either, that was always good! When she finally got to the counter, the man behind it looked up at her nervously. "I need coffee. At least enough to make that man over there not so...pained." She ordered, pointing at Rune. "And that man wants hot food. So he needs that too. Probably should get both of them hot food actually. So one coffee, and two hot foods for them." She wasn't too familiar with food, nor with drinks, only the alcoholic kinds actually so...she was basically at a loss.

"I'll be paying with these." She tossed some gold onto the counter, the man behind it took it apprehensively but he still took it at least. "One...moment." The man scurried off and she stood there with her arms crossed, her toes clacking on the floor in separate movements, just like how one would drum their fingers on the table. The man returned shortly with a small tray that had a small coffee pot, three cups, and two plates of food. It looked like fish and chips. "Thanks!" She took the tray easily with one hand and moved over to a table, beckoning the two men to have a seat with her.

"There. Hot food and coffee. As if you could doubt me." Her attitude was that of a superior nature as she grinned large, showing the two men her rather sharp looking teeth. "Eat and drink now...except you, you shouldn't eat or drink too fast. I'm still enjoying you." She said pointedly to Rune.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »
Dynamite didn't mind being dragged off by this interesting female.  He was suprised when she threw gold coins at the guy who ran the place and paid for him too!

'I knew this uniform would come in handy!  Already I've got a girl pulling me around AND paying for me!  Oh yeah...'

His musing was interupted by the man bringing out the wonderful hot food and drinks!  

'Oh this will be love!' he thought.

"Thanks for the meal!  I'll buy next time."  He said to the cute alien chick.

He was about to wink again, but remembered that she didn't appreciate it before so he gave her a big toothy grin.

He wolfed down the meal and then finally noticed the poor guy that was sitting beside him.  'Hmm, he doesn't look so great... probably just a hang over though...' he thought.

"Hey, so what are your names?" He asked.

"I'm Dynamite, not from around here... where are you all from?" he added.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

He's a follow--waitaminute.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 11:28:06 pm »
When she said she'd show them where the place was, he thought she meant she'd lead them there. Instead, she threw her arms around them and started hauling them away, and in his current state of not-really-feeling-his-best, Rune could do little more than grunt in protest. Unlike Dynamite over there, he wasn't as appreciative of being man-handled by a chick. It was kinda like a cheap shot to his ego.

But for now, he had no choice but to go along for the ride, and what a ride it was. Her sudden starts and stops didn't do much for his stomach, but luckily it didn't last long. Soon enough and they were at the promised destination, she'd let go of them, and Rune was on the verge of wandering over to the counter and ordering a tall coffee, but the woman strode ahead of him. Rune grumbled something rude under his breath, mildly irritated that she'd pushed ahead of him in line when he was the one that needed the damned caffeine, but then his delicately pointed ears--which were partially hidden by his hair; he rather hated his ears because they'd been called "cute" before--picked up what she was saying.

Ah...she was ordering for him?

Hopefully she hadn't heard his little oath, then. Not that it mattered, he supposed; didn't mean she was paying.

So he waited, ready to whip out a cash card that didn't belong to him, yet...well...she paid. The method was a bit archaic looking, but it worked. She even carried the tray for them to a table! How nice!

Rune followed her cue and gratefully slid a chair out, sinking down into it with a sigh and immedietely reaching for a cup, the coffee pot, and the creamer and sugars. "Doubt ya? Neh, I didn't even know ya were gonna do that so I'd nothin' to doubt. Thanks, though. Ya didn't hafta do that, but I ain't complainin'," he said as he poured a cup for himself--but not for anyone else. If they wanted it, they could get it. He was hoping they didn't want it, though. He ripped open a packet of sugar and dumped it in, but then he paused as the woman spoke, his hand hovering above a flavored creamer packet.

...Enjoying him...?

Rune stared up at her, eyebrows raised, before the left corner of his mouth curved up into a crooked little grin. "Alrighty. Good to know. I know I'm hot and all, but I assure ya that doesn't change when I eat or drink," he said, tearing the top off the creamer and dumping it into his coffee.

Enjoying him? Huh.

He found it a little strange that this woman should be so buddy-buddy with them when it had seemed like she hadn't much liked them, but he wasn't about to question it. He'd always been a bit of a loner, and he knew the people on the Cancer were an ecclectic bunch, so it wasn't too out of the ordinary.

For a moment he was quiet and enjoying the quiet, just blowing on his coffee to cool it and breathing in the pleasant aroma--it drowned out the fish smell, that was for sure, though at least the other guy seemed to like it. He took a cautious sip from the mug, idly watching the other guy scarfing his food--jeebus, had he spent all his food money on that uniform or something? Finding his coffee of a pleasant temperature, he continued to drink it--then just about choked when the guy asked their named and told them his.

Dynamite?!

He quickly wiped his mouth and swallowed his coffee, chuckled, then tried to repress his chuckles when they made his head hurt. "Dyna...Dynamite...n ice name!" he finally got out, still grinning broadly. Real name or nickname. That was the question. "Kinda fits ya! Ya got a...dynamic look to ya!"

Not that he had much room to talk, his own name was pretty weird, too, he supposed. Named after...well...rune s and all. Bah.

"Heh heh, ow. Ah. Right..." He reached up to rub his left temple. "Me, I'm Rune. As fer where I'm from..." He paused, opening a few more packages of flavored creamer and dumping it into his coffee. He blew on it again, took a small sip, then finally finished. "Well, I'm actually from the Libra. Nice li'l place, that. But that's if we're talkin' origins. I'm an explorer, so my ship's my home now. Been here a ton of times, though, it's like a second home. What about ya guys?"

He glanced down at the food, considering it a moment, then grabbed a fry and began to nibble on it. Straight coffee on a...somewhat empty and upset stomach, not too great an idea.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 12:20:14 am »
'Dynamic look- that's pretty cool, I'm not sure if anyone's put it like that before...'

Dynamite liked this fellow with the hang over!  He was a space traveler too, 'And they probably had more in common too,' he thought as he stuffed more food in his mouth.

He would have to be careful though, he couldn't reveal too much about himself to these strangers.  When you were in his kind of business you can never be too careful.

But then, Dynamite did have a big mouth sometimes, that is after all the reason for his recient 5 day mad rush of a jouney through space!  But at least he still had his cool cape and uniform...

"So Rune, what's the Libra like and what do you explore?  I'm from all over the place as well, I understand about your ship being your home, I just docked my ship, Dynamite's Destiny, before I ran into you two...You might say I'm a space cowboy, a space cateer!  Yeah... that's it!" he said as he realized that his food was gone.  

He leaned over and stole a fry from Rune who just didn't seem to appreciate them as much as he did...

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 11:13:39 am »
Oh she heard the little oath he spoke, but that was nothing compared to the things she had heard in hell. Her father had a little concubine actually that could make even the strongest Daemons blush! At least she wasn't related to that woman right? She pointedly ignored Rune however, as he would soon be apologizing for that little oath. Maybe not publicly but in his own mind perhaps. She only wished she had inherited the powers of her father, but alas being a psychic and able to skim the surface thoughts wasn't in her future.

"It's not a problem at all. My father always said I should meet more people instead of fighting with my brothers after all." Miyani said with another toothy grin. She almost blew her cover with the enjoying him comment, but the man didn't really seem to care, and just thought it was a compliment.

Mortals and their love of aesthetics!

While he was a little on the...softer side, she was pretty sure that interacting with humans in that fashion would wind her up in a spot of trouble with her father...though she wasn't scared of him now, as he wasn't able to leave Hell at the current time, she could always die and go see him and then there would be...well Hell to pay!

"You keep thinking it that way sugar." At least this one was an idiot right? These poor beings probably never even heard the term Daemon, Daemoness, or even know what the hell a Lord of Temptation was! If she kept her profile low, she could probably stay here and feed off of them for as long as she wanted!

This place didn't seem like one to fall for religion after all, she'd never find a priest or a monk ready to burn her with a holy object and try to banish her back to the depths of Hell. Ugh, that was always unpleasant!

Miyani focused on the man who decided to talk, her tail flipping anxiously behind her. Eek! She'd have to think up a lie quickly! Sort of. I mean. She could just say she was from another planet and stuff right? Her name wouldn't matter either... "Yes, quite dynamic. Spunky too! Like you're just gonna explode!" Alright it was sort of a lame thing to say but she really did believe he looked kinda...explosive.

Still to name your kid after something as archaic as that...must have been a good reason right? Maybe he was a mage in disguise who specialized in fire and exploding things? You never could tell.

"Er....I'm Miyani Akabu...My life story is pretty boring and so is my home. I don't think you people have ever explored it yet." Hah! She wasn't technically lying either! They haven't explored it since they aren't dead! Yay! She wasn't lying to her new friends already! She did believe that they wouldn't find any interest in her life story as well. "I'm just travelling, jumping from place to place...though I'm not sure how I managed to end up...here on this space station..." She scratched the back of her head, annoyed as she tried to figure out why she ended up here...this place must have been...light years from where she was supposed to end up.

"I suppose being here is better than ending up in the depths of space...I heard it's cold and devoid of air." Yeah, that wouldn't stop her per se, but if it really was as cold as she thought, she mind end up being an icicle until help arrives. Ugh how embarrassing would that be?

"You both got ships eh?" She perked up when they mentioned they had ships, a rather large grin spreading across her face, as well as that purring, seductive tone returning to her voice. "It'll be so hard to pick which one of you can help me out...I suppose you two don't want to duel for my business...probably not a good idea since I think Rune would lose quickly. Ahem. My father needs me to pick up some of his business dealings from this place called TRIM. He sends them stuff to experiment on people, pays them, sometimes it's a big hit and they pay him back, so there's been an excess of the pay and I'm supposed to get it from him...sadly I don't really have a ship of my own and...I'm kinda lost on this one BUT! I've found the both of you! Two pilots, with their own ships! A terrific coincidence!"

(((x3 Can you see what I might be driving at Rhi. A certain air headed blabbermouth, a space pirate, and the sneaky Dynamite? Sounds like a kidnapping almost don't it?! XD)))

Offline Rhi-Rhi

He's a-scheming.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:11 am »
"The Libra...? Ah, well, it's not that exciting, just sorta like any space station, y'know," Rune answered with a bored drawl and a dismissive wave of his gloved hand. He took another sip of coffee and was a little glad when it turned out that he didn't have to answer Dynamite's question concerning what he did and what he explored. His head still felt achey and he wasn't much in the mood for...embellishing. He half-listened as the chick--Miyani--started to speak, swatting at Dynamite's hand absently when he jacked a fry and shooting him a disapproving frown. Damn man, those were his fries! He may not have much of an appetite right now, but they were still his.

Greedy little bugger.

He didn't hear much of what Miyani said, his mind wandering. So the Dynamite guy had a ship, eh? Interesting. The guy seemed like a bit of a dork, considering his name and the whole space cowboy thing. Hmm. And his own ship was rather banged up and in repair right now. Very interesting. The repairs would cost a good bit, though he hadn't paid yet as he didn't have to until the job was complete. While he could afford the repairs, maybe he could cut costs and save some money. He'd have to see what kind of shape this Dynamite guy's craft was in and--

"Mm?" He snapped out of his little reverie and looked to Miyani, suddenly looking quite awake. He felt a little better, as well, as the caffeine began to kick in. Miyani was using that...purring voice of hers and she seemed interested in the fact that they both had a ship, but Rune was just as interested as she spoke and explained her situation--and her need for a ship.

Oh good gods. This couldn't have worked out any better.

"Really..." Rune murmured, no longer feeling quite so ill. TRIM. Of course he'd heard of TRIM, he'd hung out with some...interesting folks himself. It was a branch of Thanatos Inc.--who hadn't heard of TRIM! Thanatos Inc. was only the biggest corporation in the solar system! Of course, Rune didn't know what really went on on TRIM;  he was oblivious to the gruesome details--which was probably a good thing, as he was a mage of fae descent; he just figured by "experimenting on people" it involved volunteers. But it didn't really matter. This chick was affiliated with Thanatos Inc., she was to pick up some cash, and from the sounds of it, it was a lot.

And she wanted one of them to help her get there.

Oh this was too perfect. He could have his cake and eat it, too.

"Ya know, miss," he began, suddenly the epitome of polite. "Why not take us both? Yer an important lady, obviously, and I say the more protection, the better; wouldn't want any pirates gettin' ya, now would we?" he asked with a small smile, setting his coffee down and resting his chin on one hand. "I'd love to offer ya my services. It may not seem it, but I was a guard on the Libra and I've got a lotta experience under my belt. The only problem is my ship. It's in repair right now and won't be finished fer the next few days, so ya can see the problem there..."

He glanced toward Dynamite, then grinned and pushed his basket of fish and chips toward him. "Ya a good navigator? Ya fly the ship, I'll be the body guard. How 'bout it? It ain't an inconvenience fer ya, is it? I know I got nothin' better to do, nomad that I am, and I can't think of a better way to spend my time than helpin' someone out. Whatcha say?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal