Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sparrow's Limits and other ramblings  (Read 322 times)

Anonymous

Sparrow's Limits and other ramblings
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:35:56 pm »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Will do: If I’m in a fight and a shot is called, I reserve the right to call another shot. Outside of life-threatening situations, I’m not bothered. Things like walking, paying attention, and breathing are all functions that I’d be doing anyway.

Won't do: Another writer piloting my character into performing complicated surgery before I can write a response. I need to be able to react.

Ask me first: If another character suddenly gains knowledge about one of mine, I’d just like to hash it out beforehand.

How far can character injuries go?

Will do: Punch in the face, knife to the arm/shoulder. Generally superficial injuries are acceptable. However, if one of my characters has it coming or is oblivious, bring it on. Else, things wouldn’t be realistic, and that’s what we’re about here, isn’t it?

Won't do: Being ejected into space, being thrown into a volcano, having one’s soul torn out, et cetera. Don’t outright kill or permanently disfigure my character, please.

Ask me first: As an addendum to the above section: you can eject certain characters into space and condemn them to other such fates so long as you ask first.

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

Will do: Whip, stab, beat and zap! It’s torture! Am I supposed to be enjoying this!?

Won't do: Sexual torture, death, and acts that would turn said character into a quadriplegic.

Ask me first: Permanent disfigurement; chicks dig scars, right?

What about character death?

Will do: Refer to the section below.

Won't do: Refer to the section above.

Ask me first: Just ask. Typically I’m the one telling others when it’s time for one of my soldiers to die, but in these cases, I’d like to be informed before the guillotine is brought down. Ask me before you try to bring one of my characters back to life, too. Sometimes I want ‘em dead permanently.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?

Will do: Vampires, werewolves, demons, dragons, et cetera.

Won't do: Opposite gender, inanimate objects.

Ask me first: Ask me before you do anything regarding this category, unless it falls into the “Won’t Do” in which case the answer will always be an emphatic NO.

What about healing?

Will do: If a wound can be healed, then heal it!

Won't do: Any kind of injury listed on the character sheet.

Ask me first: Ignoring what I just wrote, ask me if you see an injury and would like to heal it. I’ll probably end up asking if I want it gone, though.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]

Will do: Hugging and kissing, and fade to black.

Won't do: Hardcore stuff. Y’know, like two-guys-one-horse, honey-get-the-gimp-and-pour-some-honey-on-the-midget’s-donkey stuff. I’m no Aristocrat, if you catch my drift. Also, Sparrow is for the ladies, not the men.

Ask me first: I think it’d be mighty awkward if your character suddenly sprung nude and started trying to make whoopee having just met mine, unless you think it fits the scene, in which case ask me!

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC

I’m going to do something naïve and assume that nothing character-specific will ever come up. If an issue arises, something I doubt will ever happen, I’ll put it here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal