Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Practice in the park...sort of..(Rina and Rhi~!)  (Read 1094 times)

Anonymous

Practice in the park...sort of..(Rina and Rhi~!)
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:04:46 pm »
Shika had been insisting that the band practice whenever they had free time. It was a little bit difficult when half of the members were always missing though. This time was no different. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do then but didn't want Shika to get upset with him. Well he sort of doubted that would happen but still. He didn't want to see if he would be right or wrong.

Which..led him to the park...where he was at now with an acoustic guitar he had managed to get his hands on for a nice price a few weeks prior. It wasn't like he could bring his normal guitar with him. Well he probably could if he wanted to but it really was too much to lug around.

He hadn't come alone either. It was no fun that way. He would've liked to drag Shika along but she insisted that she had things she needed to get done but would probably drop by later. Idina and Ra were no where to be found and that left him with one other person. Andreas.

Who...he had brought along despite a lot of second thinking.

He just wasn't sure if he wanted to go through teasing or anything by dragging him along and in the end he figured it was better than nothing. Or so he figured...He had told the siren it was for practicing but it only dawned on him then that Andreas couldn't really practice in the park...it was a public place...and he didn't think that Andreas had completely realized that then or cared..

At least it wasn't too bad at the moment but then again he was only sitting near the swings messing with the guitar, not even really playing much or well when he did it wasn't really anything special. "Okay..this is boring now.." he mumbled, sighing a little.

(( Fail start is fail : D ))
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Practice in the park...sort of..(Rina and Rhi~!)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:42:52 pm »
Andreas didn't really care about singing in a public place. It was all food to him and he was shameless. Though, at least this trip to the park, Andreas was fully dressed, if somewhat scruffily. He yawned, fluttering his vestigial wings behind him, "If you are board, yeah, I think we should do something more fun." The siren griiiiiiiiiined at Viz, letting the guitarist take that the wrong way.

"Why don't we try, ya know, actually practicing. Something impromptu or something, get an audience, yeah?" His tongue flicked out over his lips, looking forward to that. He could hopefully get a decent meal out of someone here.

Pari clung to Jares hand, swinging it happily as he hummed a little tune. He got to spend the whole day with the other boy. Jares wasn't always around and Pari's family had shrunk to an alarmingly small size, making the unstable pixie even more paranoid and clingy. Panic attacks were more common and he was spending more and more time trying to find comfort and companionship with strangers.

But today, Jares had agreed to hang out with him and nothing could go wrong. Pari had wanted to go to the park, he liked the fake outdoors. It appealed to his fae nature, a break from all the iron and steel around the city. Pari wasn't dressed as a girl, his hair pulled back in a french braid. But he still got a number of confused looks, as even with the pants and the band shirt, it was hard to tell his gender.

"Jaaaaaaares. Look!" Pari pointed to where a winged boy was talking to another boy with a guitar, "Are they going to play something?" There was something familiar about the pair, though the pixie couldn't put his finger on it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 12:11:35 am »
Poor pixie. Jares gave Pari's hand a little squeeze as they headed into the park, happy to see the boy in brighter spirits today. It had been rough ever since Vaughan got drafted and they lost their manager and bassist and it was all he could do to keep the kid calm and assure him that he wasn't going anywhere. Pari was like his little brother; he'd never leave him even if everyone else did and so help him he'd protect the kid whatever it took! Jares knew what it was like to lose everyone--though, granted, his circumstances were different: he had no one because he'd outlived everyone.

Abandoned, but not quite in the same way.

They must have looked an odd couple because they were drawing quite a few looks, Pari delicate and feminine even though he was dressed as a boy, and Jares...well, there was no doubt as to his sex, but he was dressed like rainbow-vomit in raver pants, colorful plastic bracelets clear up to his elbows, and a neon orange shirt that almost matched his orange bangs. The rest of his long hair was black, but he'd decided to add a few bright streaks to it--all different colors, of course, because he did like his rainbows and neons. Currently, his hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail to keep it out of the way. He loved his hair, but it got messy so easily. How did girls do it...?

"What what?" he said, jolting a little when Pari suddenly pointed. Following the boy's finger, he blinked when he saw the other pair, then squinted. Hey...those two looked sort of--nawww. Not every person with an instrument was someone familiar and famous! Still, he was curious, and hey...if they didn't have a band yet, well, they were short two people...

Tugging on Pari's hand, he flashed the pixie a fanged grin. "Let's go say hi, yeah? C'mon!" And before Pari could reply, he tugged the boy along.

"Hey, dude...nice guitar! You guys in a band or something?" he asked. Yay for props! They were always good ice breakers.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:35:49 am »
Viz's face went a nice shade of red at Andreas' comment. The grin didn't help any and he had been around the Siren enough to know that almost 90% of things he said was something dirty or had a dirty meaning to it. That or it was just him thinking that and this time there wasn't anything behind it. "This is a park..I don't know what you have in mind but it's probably nothing decent." he mumbled.

And of course he was right..Andreas didn't realize what being at a park meant. A park with little kids around. There was no way he could let the Siren sing. Something disastrous would surely happen. Little kids after all. "Too bad you can't practice here." Viz stated. "I'd rather not have your voice do something odd to little kids and get us in trouble."

Maybe he should've thought of some place other than the park. Then again he was never too great at planning things ahead..

He blinked and glanced over at the two that approached him and Andreas after a moment. He tilted his head a little and looked between the two of them. Certainly interesting characters to say the least..not that that was uncommon but still. They did stand out a bit. He had been thinking a bit too much and had almost forgotten to answer the question that was asked. "Hm? Thanks." He nodded a little at the second part. "Yea, we are."

Now that he thought about it more...the two looked vaguely familiar..the only problem was he had a hard time placing the faces to names or to even where he knew them from.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:50:59 am »
"You always ruin my fun." Andreas pouted at Viz, "'sides ain't like I make them do anything they didn't want too." It just kicked their sex drive into high gear. Which, honestly, Andreas didn't want to do around young kids. But admitting that to Viz took some of the fun out of it.

The siren perked up a little as a pair approached them. Both were serious lookers, a rainbow colored boy and a...girl with wings. Grinning, Andreas nodded, "For sure man. We're in Mind Haze. You a music lover then?" He hoped so. Andreas liked the look of the boy.

Still clinging to Jares, Pari tilted his head, watching the pair, "Mind Haze...oh! Do you know Cory then?" He frowned, remembering their bassist. Shaking his head to clear the thoughts away, Pari beamed at them, chest puffing out a little, "Pari and Jares are in IF!"

"Whoa!" Andreas' smile got even bigger, "That is way cool! I'm a fan! Besides, dudes with wings gotta stick together!" He knew enough about the band to know it was all male, making the pixie a boy.

Pari's wings fluttered a little and he beamed, rather pleased at the comment to his wings.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 12:59:05 am »
"Mind Haze!" Well, there went that whole recruitment plan! Jares knew they looked familiar! Bummer, IF really needed replacement members if they weren't going to crash and burn and Jares had been getting antsy; he missed the limelight, playing in front of a crowd, and hardly knew what to do with his time without it. "Whoa, and you're a fan of us? Sweet. Aren't you like our rivals or something?"

He said that with a wide grin, not all all serious. Sure, they may have technically been rivals, but Jares couldn't give a fuck about that. He'd never bought into that kind of mentality because hey, he was just in it for the fun and fans and...yeah, the credits were nice, too. But worrying about rivals? Pssh. It went against his laid back nature.

Besides, those guys were pretty cute.

"Just kiddin'. Nice to meetcha! I'm Jares, IF drummer. Be practicing out here in the park too if not for, y'know, drum sets and all. Kinda hard to tote around." Walking closer, he tugged Pari along and only released his hand so he could hop into a swing--and even then it was only for a moment, as he was quick to grab Pari by the waist and pull him onto his lap. He had to lean around the kid, though, to avoid getting wings in the face. Blissfully avoiding pursuing the subject of Cory, he continued.

"So whatcha doin' out here? Gonna play us something now that you've got an audience?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 12:23:08 pm »
"That doesn't matter. You're not allowed." Viz said simply. He really should've thought through everything more. Oh well it was better than being stuck inside and if Andreas got bored he could just swing on the swings or something. Something he would probably end up doing eventually. It's not exactly very productive practicing on your own.

"What Andreas said..well without the wings part." It was a little different being one of the only two human people in the band but it wasn't something he minded. It made things interesting. He pushed the thoughts away and puffed out his cheeks slightly. Not for any real reason...just because.

"Rivals? Not at all." There wasn't much point in that. The two didn't seem hard to get along with anyway so there was no reason for rivalries. Plus worrying about something like that would just become a pain. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Viz." He couldn't help but laugh a little at the drum set statement. "Pots and pans could work? Easier to carry around." he joked, smiling slightly.

"Ah..we were going to play but I kinda forgot Andreas isn't allowed to sing in public places...well..publ ic places with little kids.."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 12:45:10 pm »
"We're rivals? Man, we've gone up in the world." Andreas couldn't imagine rivaling anyone, he just didn't see the point. He didn't like competition much, why couldn't people just share more? Spread the love man, spread the love. And it was always easier to spread the love when everyone was cute.

Reaching over, Andreas poked at one of Viz's cheeks, "Unfair. He invites me out to a park, then tells me I can't sing. Harsh man. I can't help it that my dulcet tones are just too good. Oh! I'm Andreas, by the way! Lead singer who isn't allowed to sing." He grinned, winking at Jares.

Pari trailed after Jares over to the swings. The loss of most of his band and family had caused Pari to become much shyer, more withdrawn around people. Despite being from another band, Pari didn't hate them too much. Viz was kind of funny when he puffed his cheeks out and Pari liked meeting someone else with wings.

There was a moment of discomfort when Jares let his hand go, but it vanished once he was happily settled in the other boys lap, legs swinging, "Pari is Pari. Pari can sing, but not as good as Vaughan did. And Pari can play the guitar!" Tugging lightly at the end of his long braid, Pari studied Andreas, "Why can't Andreas sing here?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:54:13 pm »
"Great to meetcha Viz, Andreas," Jares said, lightly pushing with his legs to sway he and Pari back and forth in the swing, arms wrapped around the kid's waist and chin resting on his shoulder to avoid his wings. Nice and comfy and warm, his own little personal space heater! "And y'know, I did consider using kitchenware but it just ain't the same! Too clunky. Then again, there's some bums I've seen that can make some pretty sweet music on couple of rusty pots and pans..."

He gave a shrug, then bared his fangs in a grin. "Maybe one day I can learn how to do it. So yeah, hey, Andreas, you got me all curious, too. What's with the no singing thing your friend keeps going on about, eh? Worried about messing up your voice? I mean, c'mon, if you do crowds then what's the issue here, eh?"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:25:18 pm »
Viz just swatted Andreas' hand away when he poked at his cheek. "Cut that out. It's not unfair. Play on the swings or something, you'll have something to do then." No wait...maybe that wasn't a good idea either. He could never really be too sure with Andreas sometimes. Some things that should've been a good idea would turn into something that really wasn't...

"Practice a lot and make sure to have lots of pain killers for the headache that'll come along with it and I'm sure you'll learn to play the pots and pans just fine." Viz stated. Really that would cause a headache. It'd sound like a toddler beating against something...awful. "He's a siren. Him singing would cause little kids to do things they honestly shouldn't do."

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 11:33:22 pm »
"Hey now. Harsh. It's not my fault. I just release people's hidden desires." Andreas grinned again. Because he was only part siren, he didn't have the full range. He could inspire lust, that was it. Wasn't even a targeted lust, just made people really horny. He just happened to be a convenient person to slake that lust on when he sang.

"Viz just gets all jealous when I sing for other people."

Pari watched the two interact and giggled. They were kind of funny and with Jares so close, he wasn't feeling as nervous, "Pari wants to hear Andreas sing. And Jares should practice! Pari will help!" He missed playing music with people. IF hadn't been doing anything lately, still missing a lead singer and all.

Andreas nodded, flopping across Viz's shoulders, "Yeah man. That would be awesome. Have like...a park band or something. That's wicked cool."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 01:33:50 pm »
Jares pulled a face. Little kids? Horny? Bleeech...he really could have done without that picture in his head, but yeah, that was a pretty good reason not to sing if ever he could think of one, and there were a god deal of kids in the park currently. Pari included. And if there was one thing Jares never wanted to witness, it was a hot and bothered Pari. That was just wrong, and the thought made him cuddle Pari just a little closer.

He was pretty protective of the kid, especially nowadays with the kid feeling all abandoned and lost with no one else to cling to.

"Pari can definitely help! But uh, hey, Andreas, does it make everyone wanna..." He glanced down at Pari, then looked back up. "Do stuff? I mean, not saying I wouldn't love a private demo and all, just wondering how it works, eh?"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 07:14:10 pm »
"I still think you should figure out a way to turn that effect...off.." Viz mumbled. It would sure as hell make practicing easier. But that was probably next to impossible.

His cheeks flushed a little when he heard Andreas' comment. He puffed out his cheeks a little in an attempt to somehow hide the new color and glared at the Siren a little. "What? That's not true at all!"

Viz grumbled a little when Andreas flopped against him. "If we do that, it's better to go away from the park. Didn't I just say you singing around kids was a bad thing?"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 07:57:26 pm »
"Yeah yeah. No singing in the park." Not that Andreas really wanted any horny kids around, that was just creepy. He was just lazy and liked the park. The kids should be the ones that have to leave!

Andreas gave Jares a bright grin, "Sorry. It effects everyone. And I can't turn it off. But, hey, I'm always up for a private session." Boy was cute and Andreas liked all the colors.

Pari frowned, "Awww. Pari wanted to hear. Your voice makes everyone want to have sex? That's weeeeeird." He grabbed onto the arms Jares had wrapped around him, pressing closer to him and glared at Andreas. He didn't like anyone who slept with his family and Andreas had quickly gone into the compilation zone.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 05:05:42 pm »
"Must make concerts pretty damned lively," Jares remarked, trying to imagine it. A crowd of horny chicks and dudes. Man, if that didn't cause a couple public orgies, he didn't know what would. He'd have to search for concert footage later. You know, just for kicks.

But he could feel Pari pressing closer to him, in that possessive way the kid had, and he knew it would be rude to keep talking about a 'private showing' in his presence. It would probably stress him out, anyway, and the last thing any of them needed--Pari especially--was a full-blown Pari-scale meltdown.

Plus the Viz kid looked like his nose would start gushing blood if he blushed any harder. Better to spare him that while they were in public!

"Since ya can't sing here for obvious reasons, play any instruments?" Jares asked Andreas, though his look encompassed both he and Viz. "'Cause we got a nice little group goin' here. Pari here does vocals, so hey! If y'all are still up for a gig in the park, hey, I say we make it happen."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 10:18:05 am »
"It does." Viz mumbled. He cringed a little just thinking about it. Concerts were bad enough for weird crazy fan girls and the like, Andreas' voice just made it ten times worse sometimes. Though, things felt like they were missing someone since they hadn't been doing many concerts or anything at the moment. Everyone seemed to be busy with other things so nothing never really got done. Something would have to change about that. But that was something to think about at another time.

He arched a brow when he noticed the way Pari was looking at Andreas. He was obviously not happy with Siren at the moment at all. Part of him was curious why and the other part decided it wasn't any of his business. He didn't really have a chance to even think too much about asking anyway since Jares ended up speaking up again. "...Do you play any instruments?" he asked, looking at Andreas. He couldn't ever recall seeing him play anything...then again every time he saw the Siren he also ended up being clung to or something..."If Andreas isn't the one singing then I'm up for it."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 08:47:15 pm »
"I can play the guitar a little actually." He just didn't do it a whole lot. For no real reason either, it just never seemed to happen. People were generally more interested in his singing than his other musical ability, "Or I can like...you know, fake a drum beat or whatever."

He was pretty cool with whatever. Andreas was a go with the flow kinnda guy. It all seemed pretty fun no matter what.

Pari's small hands gripped Jares forearms, keeping the vampire close. Strangers tended to freak him out, but he had Jares and the other band members interested him. He tilted his head, "Does Viz want to sing with Pari then?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 09:04:18 pm »
"I think ya should do it!" Jares said, smiling at Viz and giving Pari a little nudge. "I wanna hear ya guys sing together. Why don'tcha do it?"

He rested his chin on the top of Pari's head. "You'll probably have to get up, though. Do you want to do that?"

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 06:43:26 pm »
Viz scratched his cheek with his index finger and stared at his guitar for a moment after being asked if he wanted to sing. He was like Andreas in the sense that the only thing most were interested in was his playing. Then again he hadn't really sung too much. So what if he sounded something like a dying cat? That would be no fun...but it didn't hurt to try at the same time.

He puffed out his cheeks slightly before handing the guitar over to Andreas. "I suppose I could sing." It'd be an interesting thing to see at least..for anyone who was still in the park anyway.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 01:03:47 pm »
"No!" Pari pressed back against Jares, hands tightening around Jares arms. He was still feeling to skittish around the other two men to want to be out of contact with Jares, "Pari wants to stay in Jares lap."

Andreas gave a small laugh, "Hey, that's all good. I mean, we don't have to do anything right now. With like a performance and stuff. We can just chillax in the park and shit. Or like, whatever."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal