Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Veds space projects  (Read 399 times)

Anonymous

Veds space projects
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:49:02 pm »
For a while, I've had Autodesk Maya 2008 installed on my computer, but never did much with it, but recently, I decided to use it, so I've been working on a personal project set in space. At the moment, it has no purpose aside from being something to do that looks cool.
First up is the space station, designed with practicality in mind.

This is still a big work in progress, but its at the point where it needs explaination.
The ends of the station ("top" and "bottom") are command centers, attached to the core of the staion, do not spin, and so do not have any gravity, artificial or not. The docking bays are the same.
The 3 "orbitals", as I call them, are attached to the core in a convoluted way so that they can still spin (and so occupants experiance centrifical gravity), but still allow the flow of people/goods/power/air/etc.
Im working on the interior of the orbitals, but that will come after Im satisfied with the docking bays. The 2 decks of docking bays have 3 floors each port (3 floors to a port, 4 ports to a deck), fitting who knows how many ships in a sheltered area.
The orbitals will have 6-8 floors to a deck, 3 of the floors will have elevator access to the core of the station, which, in turn, uses elevator systems to traverse the core of the station to any deck.

On to the modeling side of the station! Its far simpler than it sounds. The most complicated part is using a video file for a surface texture, I.E. people walking past windows. It really makes the job easier to render.

P.S. here is a higher-quality shot, which took...oh...a good 10 minutes to render out. And my machine is no wuss.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Veds space projects
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 10:54:48 am »
Neat! I dig that =O Very cooool.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal