Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bike, road. = race or am i bad in math? (Codekitsune)  (Read 1397 times)

Anonymous

Bike, road. = race or am i bad in math? (Codekitsune)
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:20:27 pm »
The music was drumming on in the background, Raggie just let the rest of the bike follow suit speeding up in a comparable tempo, letting the pressure of going faster and faster fill his body. He felt complete here and it was a marvellous feel to it and then it stopped, he was fortunate to have such a long wide stretch to speed up on,

Taking a big whiff of the truly delicious combination smell of grease, motor oil and stainless metal before turning off the key with disappointment in his eyes. Pouting like a puppy, slouching as he watched passerby's before reaching for the gass station pump. Filling up his baby with delicious fuming food. He loved Bike, she deserved food more than him right now.

Flinging up the wristpad, checking his almost skint broke bank account and the blog again. This Maki seemed like a fun person to meet. With fresh gass liquid in the engine and hints of a race, he could do nothing but wait gleefully.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Bike, road. = race or am i bad in math? (Codekitsune)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:28:26 am »
Makani was on Serpentine, as usual, at a stop next to a person in one of their smaller cars. She was sneaking peeks through their window her helmet down covering her face so they wouldn't see her. It was a group of kids out late in the night. She couldn't help but smile watching them pass around a bottle. Though the person in the driver's seat looked irritated as the others were screaming words along with the radio, driver must be designated. She smirked under her helmet and took off as soon as the signals changed.

She hadn't actually met this Raggie yet, Molly had brought this one in, she assumed anyway. She was interested to see Rags in action. She resolved that she would call him (or her) that. It was a cute nickname. She pushed Serpentine harder her lights streaking through the dark. It was about time she refilled her so this was a good suggestion by Rags. Makani pulled through Teinar, Serpentine rumbling underneath her. Moments like this? Perfection.

She cut across a couple streets and stopped at the DownLow Guzzle. It was a Motorail friendly little gas station. Even if the name was just...thought provoking. There was the other rider. She turned Serpentine around in a circle around the other rider and the pumps once then she stopped the bike and hopped off. Sliding off her helmet and shaking her head to clear her hair out of it then setting it down. She clicked a couple buttons on the machine and ran a card over it.

"Hey Raaaags." She waved hoping it was them.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:49:00 pm »
It was love at first sight, not the woman but the bike. "Cute." was all he managed to say, the woman seemed to be overall to fast for him, a good kind of fast that made him want to jump up and drive action already.

Grinning stupidly for some reason. Though he hadn't ever pushed Bike to her utmost capability ever since installing a new pair of red zone torpedo rockets at the sides, his bike was all about maximum speed.

Today was definitely the day to try it out.

Swiping his own bank account using the wrist computer. "Yo I am Raggie and sorry for spacing out like that. This is all rather new to me. Nice bike, I'm still kinda working the kinks out of my own but it runs. For now." Praying to an unknown amount if deities that today it would most definitely work.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »
She grinned to herself as she saw the expression on his face as he saw Serpentine. She lived for that moment when they saw what should be their God. She just happened to be its human manifestation. Her hand lingered on Serpentine like she was holding a lovers hand. She arched a brow at the other person. She had expected them to be a little different based on their posts on the blog. Well she'd have to see what would happen.

"Thanks." She smirked as he complimented the bike. "Well my mechanic might be able to take a look. She is particular about her bikes though. Very in tune with them." Makani gave a small genuine smile as she thought about Rupi. They needed more them time for sure. Maybe she would tackle her when she got home tonight. She was missing her girlboi. She waved her hand dismissively.

"Spacing out is no problem just try not to do it at the real races. We'll eat you alive." She licked her lips then cackled "Oh just kidding."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 02:04:08 pm »
Raggie could feel her eyes on him, very self conscious of his state. It must have been a rather deplorable sight watching as the ever changing liquid mass of dark and red toxic spill mixed around and made his skin constantly shiver about.

The object of constant amusement from doctors, obviously most of them dismissed him as a freak of nature or some psycho escaped TRIM experiment.

Obviously trying to make a living for himself, with no bills aside from a skimpy house rent he had managed to earn enough to support his bike. This constant money drain affected his outwards appearance.

While most people here could afford at least a change of clothes or had a few pairs they ran around with his was used and he only had this pair. A set of jeans too large for him, strung up across his particularly skinny waist by a red scarf. Red jogging shoes, full of holes but still usable and a recently acquired patched leather jacket.

The jacket was open exposing all of his ribs. the ever changing colorful skin had clinged desperately on to them, as if it was a vacuum bag.

"It would have been awesome to have your mechanic teach me a thing or two." Scratching the back of his skull in a slightly defeated manner. Somehow he couldn't picture himself winning a race against this sort of biker. Almost as if it was a law of nature, she had the coolest bike he had ever seen and totally deserved to beat him flat out.

But he still wanted to try. This emotion, thrill was it they called it yes. He could feel the shiver in his back and the expectation. Almost like asking someone you liked out on a date. "I want to ride already. Even if we have already just recently met. I just feel something good will happen out there on the road today."

He could already picture the explosion as space ship boosters would propel him off the charts and into a building. Splat, it was either that or the Gravity amps would work and he would actually be able to drive on the road even with that amount of force propelling his massive unbalanced and uncalibrated bike forward. Though the boosters had a 3 second usage limit.

He still couldn't afford the full 8 seconds thrusts, they sucked gasoline like nothing he had ever seen.

(OOC: when it comes to biking and spaceship specs i have no frikken idea. The general law is to add words that sound awesome and make it seem plausible with quasi physics lingo. Hope its acceptable, its all i can figure out for now. Need to read more space ship fiction novels and figure out something maybe?)

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:39:15 pm »
Makani was really arrogant about her own appearance but when it came to others well she just used it to judge how they were, their lifestyle. She just looked at Raggie's clothes and saw herself back in time, when she was on the street and couldn't really afford much of anything. There didn't seem to be very many of those in Teinar, but she was. All she saw with Raggie was someone who liked to race. Even if he did seem a little odd, body wise. Not that she could really talk.

Her lips curled up as he talked to her about riding. she could hear the passion in his voice. That was good, excellent even. That's really what you needed for Motorail, the rest would follow.

"I'm always ready to ride. Luckily it's night time." She laughed for a second. "Not that we can tell, the lights tell us." She reference up towards the top of Teinar, lights and dirt.

"How long have you been racing?"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:47:20 pm »
"Me? Well... Once during my scrapheap days loitering around eating toxic waste and crusty rust. I found a spaceship engine and decided to pretend i was riding it. Unfortunately the engine was unstable and still had some residue fuel left so it shot me straight into one of them refugee camp's."

Raggie felt bad for delivering that sorta story, almost as if it was a joke. Much like his existence. It too felt embarrassing but he made it short because the tingle of wanting to race urged him on. "Kinda wanted that feeling back. Ya kno?"

He didn't wait for an answer, instead turned to face his own monstrous bike. Consisting of welded parts that oddly managed to stand together. "This bike smells like me. It doesn't care too much for how it looks like. As long as it can go a little bit faster than last time i tried to drive it."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 06:46:42 pm »
Makani's eyes turned on the bike as he spoke. It was big, Serpentine was big, but lean in a way. She smiled at his bike. It showed someone with passion for sure. Putting all those pieces together like that. She smirked though, not being able to help herself, she could see this bike getting torn apart in the races. That was of course if Motorail was based on appearance. It certainly wasn't. It was about skill and...power. She grinned. She hoped to see this bike outdo her expectations and certainly some others.

She slid back onto Serpentine, she always did that just a little bit sexually, even if she wasn't trying to get into anyone's pants. The bike just felt like home, and so good. She stretched her back before putting up the kickstand and walking it over to where Raggie was.

"I know exactly what you mean." She patted Serpentine like she was a horse, an animal that belonged to her. "The speed, it's like...home for me." She said it like she was having a sort of spiritual experience, like someone might talk about their totem. It calms me, keeps me sane. She smiled at him.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 08:32:34 pm »
The girl was definitely as crazy as him. That was a good thing right? The soft groan as feet planted themselves on his construct, often referred to as a bike. In truth it didn't matter what he rode as long as it let him feel good. But would he refer to it as home? no, their views were slightly conflicting yet not conflicting at all.

Soft leathery cushion gel embraced his thigh's and leg bone. His wrist monitor beeped and a voice, crackling trough the speaker. Welcomed him as a captain into his ship. The sound of preheating boosters and flashing red warning light's as the engine roared, crunching down the newly brought fuel like a monster. The rocket boosters suckered what leftovers that squalped around.

Then a crackle again, rockets preheating done. What was left, was to ignite.
Eyeing Makani from his seat slightly further up to offset size and weight. 3.2.1

With a satisfied roar the front end soared upwards like a rocket going to the moon, before purring quietly along the streets. He had speeded up too quickly. Embarassing.Embaras sing.Embarassing eyeing his opponent impatiently. He had probably wasted her time, aaaw this was going to be good. TO see another biker in action.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 12:32:14 pm »
As Raggie turned his attention to his own bike she let the feeling of Serpentine overwhelm her. Though she may never tell anyone when she was racing she felt like an entirely different person, a different personality took over. She normally thought of it as Serpentine doing a sort of possession. She grew calm, her mind wasn't muddled and stretched so thin. It felt easy to live, like there was nothing bigger than the race, the tires on street. The speed behind them. She felt like she became the bike.

She clicked a couple buttons on the handles to control the speed then wrapped her fingers tight around them. She cranked it hard, Serpentine rumbling underneath her. She watched Raggie tilt back and take off. The Serpentine in her smirked, almost laughed. The Makani knew he was just excited happy to get to drive with someone. Who could blame him that? Especially with Makani.

She cranked it one last time and Serpentine zoomed down the road after Raggie. She smiled for a moment then recovered herself. God, the wind. Something they hardly ever had in Teinar. She'd heard rumors of working on some sort of automated wind thing. Nothing had happened yet. It was like heaven in the middle of Hell.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 02:05:14 am »
The wind pressing on to Raggie's skull, every part of him vibrating and in motion like a puddle of water. Focusing on the road before turning right onto a pretty forward road allowing for more speed.

The smell of burning fuel hit his nostrils like a meteor impact, elevating the skinny rider emotionally to a higher plane. Almost as if time had frozen, eyeing the approaching Serpentine. A blue flash of darkness with a green silhouette. The rider approaching confidently with well trimmed engines. He knew Bike was not faster than this fellow and she caught up steadily even while turning.

It suddenly occurred to him as a finger moved down the handle, resting on top of the burst button that he didn't wear a helmet and that his distorted and pulsating face must have been a weird sight. But weirdness was not enough of a deterrent.

A flash of dark space and Makani was a dot in the back of Raggie's bike. Almost crashing into a building as the road curved to the left. Feeling sleepy and out of touch with reality like someone who has just been to a really high place with no oxygen. Gasping and sweating with both fear and Ecstasy.

The thrusters had. They had worked but at a price. Speed now reduced even further. Enough to let him stay sane, god. The speed within these 3 seconds. he wanted it again so badly, like an addict looking for his next shot.

But the flashing red light stating they did not have fuel for another burst made him cry a little inside.

(ooc: my muse was totally dead. )

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 05:49:49 pm »
[center:1dxvxn18][Mind if I join in?][/center:1dxvxn18]

The engine purred, not roared, as he plow down the empty avenue, maintaining a velocity of about 400 kilometers or so. The rider, wisely wearing a riders suit, including gloves and a helmet [complete with a tinted visor], sat atop the machine in total ease, aware of the Speedbike's capabilities. And, after all these years, he should know how to ride by now.

What he didn't know about was the contest being held on the road below him. just his luck, he takes an exit, changing lanes as he makes his way to his new temporary home, Teinar. And, as his particular streak of luck carried on, he not only shifted into the lane where the race was being held, but had the unlikely fortune to merge into the midst of the duo. Or, rather, in front of them. Bitch's engines were hardly pushed; this was almost normal for Her, though it's not to say Serpentine was no match for Her. Only, that, in the fashion of any good interloper, had inadvertently managed to 'steal' first place, from either, and all without trying, technically.

The concealed rider, who fittingly wore mostly black this day, had, as they say, 'started some shit, now...' And, he was just trying to get to town before it got too late in the day.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:52:15 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 05:56:54 pm »
B.I.T.C.H.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 12:08:41 pm »
Makani was pushing Serpetine getting closer to Raggie. Faster. Faster. She wanted to overtake him and just blow him behind her. Then he hit the boost. She growled to herself quickly checking the gauges on Serpentine. She had the fuel for a boost, but she would wait for a moment till his ran out. That far dot in the distance taunting her with speed she didn't have at her fingertips at that precise moment.

She wondered what it would be like to go that fast all the time. Her body shivered with the pleasure of just the feel she imagined. She flipped open the case over the boost button on the handle and as they hit a straight road she slammed it down with her thumb and held tight onto the handles. She could feel the wind hitting hard against her jacket and hands but she held on as Serpentine cut across the concrete.

She peered ahead to see Raggie coming more into her view but there was something ahead of him. Another biker? She hissed in her helmet, the appearance of the new biker destroying the ecstasy of that moment of speed. She felt her adrenaline starting to pump harder. Her heart hitting against her chest. She pushed the bike harder growing closer to the two in front of her. Where had they come from? Her eyes narrowed and she pushed the speed a little higher as the boost died out.

She shook her head in frustration, who did this rider think they were? They had just entered into a middle of a race and probably didn't even know who they were driving against.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 03:30:49 pm »
"Mother..." Raggie had held first place in what seemed like a flash , much like his boost the trip downwards back to earth was grounding him yet his gears shifted automatically upwards again. Not as estatic as the boost but still the wind breezed awfully nice.

he had to maintain speed, if only to see what Serpentine would do.

Serpentine flashed before his right side like green lightning on speed, soon they would be but dots in the horizon and he could not afford to loose out too much more speed. His last resort. His mind was still reeling from the power of his last boost. To risk blowing up in several pieces just for a cheap thrill once was OK. Twice was pushing it. Disappointed but at least alive he decided not to activate his torpedo thrusters.

A set of disarmed but still active missiles stuck to his bike's engine. Basically you would not be able to steer if you activated them. To many turns everywhere now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal