Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What would YOU like to see in RotE?  (Read 532 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

What would YOU like to see in RotE?
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:42 pm »
Just throwing this out there because I'm curious! What would you like to see in RotE? Any new locations? New features? Etc.? Anything at all?

Inquiring minds want to know! 8D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: What would YOU like to see in RotE?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:17:43 pm »
Well, I've already talked to you about this, but I'll stick it up here as well. There aren't many areas on RotE that aren't heavily controlled in some way. And travel is so restricted between many of the areas. Seeing more places people can come and go and the stranger character concepts can live in would be nice.

Also, two words: Barbarian punk.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:40:39 pm »
Oooh I like those ideas. You have talked Barbarian punk to me before Rina...it sounds super interesting. There could be some really interesting planets out there people could come up with.

Maybe some places that aren't quite as advanced, but have little pieces of technology that show what time they are set in. This might just be the Firefly fan in me talking but I think it would be neat to mix the Western and Sci Fi genres or other planets stuck in different times but with little sci fi touches. Could be really interesting.

I've also talked to you before about it Rhi but I'll follow suit and post it up here. When we get all the kinks ironed out of the Teinar military having a little section for it like Aedolis does for theirs, because right now everything is all lumped in one giant category, lower city.

More people playing Motorail? xD

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:15:28 pm »
First of all, we need to play with the places we have before we build new ones!  We need to develop Edanith, too.  It's really woefully skeletal in terms of info, and doesn't have the structures that'll encourage more interesting play.  I'll wiki EcoCorp, which is some sort of interesting group that can encourage play and plot, and keep working on more ideas.  

Following up on Rina's point, I think Libra and Cancer can become places that encourage more mingling and free movement.  They're very unrestricted compared to Aedolis and Edanith, and Libra's been growing lately.  Okay, Libra's sort of my pet project, but that's because I think it has terrific potential.  Space people--wanderers/independents, pirates, and space stations--have great potential, and we should do more with 'em.

Especially because that stuff can involve Aedolis and Edanith, as I'm trying to do.  I.e. Aedolis employs privateers to steal Edani information, etc.  If we play it right, plot events can really influence every area on the board, from Teinar to Cancer.

And Aedolis has a station on the moon, people!

Ummm... yep.  People should take part in the organizations we already have!  The places we already have!  Teinar and Edanith need love.

I also need to finish writing up the Aedolian police force.  And make a player character for the Initiative.  (I really want to develop that o_0).

I guess I feel like I do a lot of plotting, worldbuilding, etc., and feel like people don't always show interest.  I hope I'm not coming off too controlling or anything like that.  Please let me know if my ideas are impenetrable or seem to exclude anyone.  ><  I don't want to do that!

EDIT:  We also need a wiki page for technology.  What interesting gadgets exist in each area?  What kinds of simulations?  What kinds of weapons?  It's nice to leave some room for improvisation, but a list of cool gadgets would be awesome.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:41:11 am by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 12:33:55 pm »
The technology thing is a good idea something we can all add to so we know what things might be popular and everything else. Since there are probably lots of popular things like how we have iPhone and console systems things like that which could be site wide.

I think sometimes the plotting and worldbuilding just might not interest everyone depending on the subject, or maybe they find it intimidating? I'm trying to build Teinar military and tried to do Council things with them forever ago and that didn't get a lot of attention, neither did Motorail, and it kind of still doesn't. The council is obviously more important world building wise than Motorail, however nothing really happened with it.

If there's anyway to make these things seem more accessible the people who are working on them should know. I want to make it easy and fun above all things fun to play Motorail so if people have suggestions on how to make these new plots accessible I think it would be helpful.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:53:10 pm »
I think we can do a better job of simplifying our ideas and letting people contribute.  I'll work on it.

THAT said, I just had an interesting thought.  

So we've been playing with combat simulations, simulation games, and virtual reality, right?  And we wish the board locations could interact a bit more.  Well, what about an internet/VCN virtual-reality space?  Characters could meet characters from other areas in cyberspace, in a pseudo-physical environment.

I foresee a great many complications (I mean, geez, look at The Matrix), but it's a potentially pretty interesting and compelling notion, at least to me.  Hm.  Thoughts?

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:46:12 pm »
Well it's not just you that should be working on it however, it's something that belong to all of us in a way. Maybe we just need more bonding across the site and talking out ideas. I think that would be neat to have, of course storyline wise it doesn't really help. xD

The virtual reality thing sounds interesting, but dangerous, if you want to include all nations. As soon as someone from Teinar talks to someone from Aedolis there are all sorts of issues that enter into that play.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal