Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Surprise visit to a one-eyed monster (Rhi-Rhi)  (Read 1547 times)

Anonymous

Re: Surprise visit to a one-eyed monster (Rhi-Rhi)
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »
"Really? You promise?" Nika stared up at Roman intently, reading how his blood moved. It was a good indicator someone was lying to him, though it was by no means a sure thing. If he didn't have to worry about being lobotomized, then he really didn't have any problem with the program.

"I...thank you. For helping me. I don't understand people well, but I will get better. There seem to be so many rules and no one to explain them to me. It's very different here."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Tally

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:34 pm »
Nika's attempt to read him met a deflection.  Roman sheered the candidate's psyche away before it ever reached him.  That was another social waltz he'd have to learn—the plethora of restrictions, rules, and unspoken agreements that ran with utilizing your psionics on others.  First among those would be the rule—unyielding, iron-clad—that a candidate never attempt to bear any psionic down upon a Pilot save under a controlled circumstance.  It was, both in spirit and practice, no different than attempted assault upon a superior.

But later.  By necessity, they overlooked transgressions from gracies as most lacked the precision to stop their psionics even if they desired to.  That, and Nika was currently dismissed for medical treatment.  It wasn't the time or place.

"I believe you just might.  It's a lot to remember, but I'll do what I can to help you learn them."

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »
When his power didn't connect, Nika frowned slightly, confused. He glanced up at Roman, expression questioning. He hated all these....things that everyone else all seemed to understand. The back and forth of silently understood and never spoken rules.

"Thank you. I don't mean to be so difficult. There isn't a book about these things is there? I've tried reading novels to understand interactions better, but apparently those aren't very accurate."

Offline Tally

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 06:02:33 pm »
"There are," Roman said.  "Many.  Books on body language, etiquette, social expectations and norms—in a wide range of levels and styles.  And all readily available, which makes it a wonderment you haven't been reading those instead of fiction."

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »
Nika blinked at that, "Really?" He had never seen ones that had made any sense to him, though his interaction with them had been limited. He nodded his head, "I'll look for more. The ones I saw were too confusing. And it was easier seeing how people interacted in books. Or watching them, being able to have the author explain why they were feeling what they felt."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal