Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))  (Read 3421 times)

Anonymous

Re: The Scorpion and The Hare. ((Riiiina Dear.))
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 11:33:18 am »
"Yeah that is nerve wracking for sure. I hate it but I guess I'd rather be able to hear everyone else too if they can hear my mind." Satori nodded sure of herself with a slight smile. The blond always tried to look on the bright side of life, a glass half full kind of person. Though she wasn't surprised to know that most people here didn't. In fact very few did. Sometimes it was hard to keep positive in a place like this.

"You like pink?" Her head jerked up her eyes shining at the other girl. The excitement was obvious in her voice. "If you have a bag like this I will so trade you." She took the other books out setting them on the table as Lamb talked about her books. She grinned wide and held the bag up so the girl could see it. She set it down next to the pile of books and shook her head as Lamb said she didn't have a mentor yet.

"My mentor is totally on my ass all the time. So many books." She waved a hand at the pile on the table. "Maybe you're lucky you don't have a mentor yet." She did worry about that though. Satori wished there was something she could do to get Lamb a mentor, the girl needed one to get her more comfortable, not so afraid. Satori could do her best as an interim one. She heard Lamb mention history.

"This book," She slammed a book down on top of the pile that had pictures of dragon and pilots across it on the front in the air. "Is the bane of my existence." She sighed. "I don't know how anyone could take a battle like this," She pointed at the cover her index fingers on one of the pilot's faces. "...boring, but somehow this woman managed it. I swear she was paid by the letter."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 12:11:48 pm »
Lamb nodded, "Y-yeah. I-I miss m-my p-privacy." That was probably the worst part. There was no real privacy anywhere here. You had to share a room with someone, everyone could hear what you were thinking and you could hear their thoughts. It was awful.

The other girls excitement startled Lamb slightly and she jumped in her seat a little, expression startled. Then she flushed, slightly embarrassed at her reaction, but she smiled at Satori, nodding happily, "I-I do! It's one o-of my favorite colors. A-and I h-have a bag kinnda l-like that. I-it's g-green t-though. A-and n-not quite t-that style."

"I-I don't have it o-on m-me. B-but i-if you want y-you could s-see it some t-time and s-switch. I-if you w-want." She could feel herself blushing again, cheeks burning. She just wanted to not make a total fool of herself in front of Satori. And she seemed to be failing that rather impressively.

Lamb stared at the books when Satori brought her attention to them, eyes going huge, "Y-you have to r-read all of those?! A-and d-do your school work?!" Lamb was now very glad she didn't have a mentor. She would die. That was so much work to do. If she had all that, she wouldn't have been sitting in the lunch room talking to someone. She would have to have her nose stuck in a book to even have a chance of getting through them.

She was still a little shocked as she blinked at the book, "T-that one? O-oh. I h-hate that woman. S-she is s-so dry. I-I tend to s-skim her w-works."

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 12:11:47 pm »
Satori's eyes lit up as Lamb said she had a green bag. That would be perfect! Green wasn't her favorite color, but it was still one she enjoyed, and way better than pink. She nodded to Lamb.

"I'll get your number for you, or after you're done eating we could go do it." She grinned at Lamb. Perfect! It was such a good idea to come to the cafeteria today. Sometimes she even surprised herself with her victories. She hoped that they could hang out longer and switch it out today. She was really tired of only having Pilot Richards to talk to. While he knew ow to motivate her, he was really dry most of the time. Interesting, but in an intellectual way. She needed a girl to gossip and hang out with. Maybe Lamb would be that girl.

"Yup, all of it. Pilot Richards is just a wee bit obsessed I think. I get it I guess. I mean the Pilots take us under their wings, or a dragon's wings," She snickers at her own joke, "and have to push us to succeed. Most of the time though I still can't believe he wants me to read all this." She looked at Lamb slightly surprised when the girl said she skimmed the author's work. Se didn't seem lik sh was a rebel in any way. How interesting.

"Unfortunately I'm so supposed to write a report and compare two books on the event." She searched for the other n in her pile. "This one, at least I got to pick one. He's a much better writer. Focuses more on the people involved, their lives. He makes it much more interesting."

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 07:01:15 pm »
"N-numbers!" Lamb leaped eagerly at the chance to change contact information with the girl. Then blushed when she realized how overly excited she had sounded, "U-unless you w-would rather n-not..."

Lamb's focused on the books again, chewing her lip, "P-pilots sound scary." It made her nervous to see Satori with so much work. She has always had thought she was a good student, but that amount of work, plus all the other homework and physical training they had just seemed far to intense to her.

Satori was so lucky. She was beautiful and smart and strong. Lamb wished she could compare, and she found herself watching Satori as her new friend spoke, "O-oh. That's g-good. I h-haven't read that a-author. I-I hope the r-report goes okay...."

She trailed off, looking down again. Stupid. She didn't know what to say next. She wanted to say something cool and awesome and interesting. And she was just coming up blank, "Um....you have really pretty hair."

....That wasn't any of the things she had been going for.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 12:39:41 am »
"Oh of course numbers! I'd love to have yours. Friends are few and far between here." She frowned slightly. Satori was sort of spacey and not really noticing how closely the girl was watching her. She had a tendency to look away after speaking not wanting to connect eyes too much, make the other person nervous.

"They are kind of scary, but hey just think of it like this. At one point they were like us." She motioned to Lamb and then to herself her expression bright. "they were nervous, afraid of their mentors, not sure if they were going to pass. They're the people who will understand us the most. Even though some of them might be a little out of touch.

As Lamb looked down Satori looked at her, noticing little things. She could just feel that she had a good heart. That she was a sweet girl. She hoped that wouldn't change throughout the program, get colder like some of the Pilots she had seen. Of course, Satori hoped the same for herself.

Satori jumped when Lamb complimented her. She even blushed just slightly.

"W-well thanks." She grinned the red on her cheeks growing darker. "Sometimes I think about dyeing it or just cutting it all off. I just like it too much." She flipped the ponytail over her shoulder playing with it for a second, not even really thinking that it was odd that the girl commented on it.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 10:58:08 am »
The friend comment had Lamb blushing and her heart racing. She hadn't had many friends outside of the ATC and she hadn't made a single once since she had arrived here. She dug into her pocket, pulling out her cell phone. It was a pretty yellow color with a case that was covered in flowers and swirls and butterflies. She pulled up the option to add a new contact and shyly handed it over to the other girl to add her number, "I-I can call y-you. S-so you can have m-my number."

Satori's comment got a nod from Lamb. But she couldn't imagine the Pilots as anything but the frightening cold monsters she had met. They frightened her on a very deep level. All of them screamed predator. They were the hunters and Lamb was a rabbit. And she was terrified both that she would become like them and that she wouldn't be able too become like them and end up in TRIM.

"O-oh! Don't d-dye it!" Lamb shook her head, "I-it's such a p-pretty color. T-though I-I think you would l-look pretty with shorter h-hair. Y-you have the f-face for it."

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 12:44:13 pm »
Satori took the phone smiling at the case despite herself. She had always despised girly things on sight because of her mother in law. She always felt those things were so fake when it came down to it. For some reason though it was suddenly endearing to Satori with Lamb doing it. The whole thing just fit her so well, it was like she couldn't even question it.

Satori saved her number and handed the phone back to her with a grin. "Call or text me. Whatever's clever." She grinned wider. She touched her hair when Lamb said somethign about shorter.

"You think I do? Really?" She ran through different ideas of short styles of hair. Nothing looked right the way she imagined them surrounding her face. Then she just got into some ridiculous ideas of styles.

"My hair has always been long, cutting it would be like loosing some of my tail." She glanced down at her tail laying on the bench seat. "Of course sometimes I think that might be a good idea too."

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 12:41:24 am »
Lamb liked pretty, delicate looking things. She was a girly-girl through and through. Any attempt on her part to go for rough and tumble or badass would just be sad. She took her phone back, flushing happily that she had a friends number.

She nodded her head, pale cheeks still tinged pink as she carefully put the phone away, "Y-yeah. I'll d-do that l-later. T-thank y-you..."

Lamb nodded her head as Satori talked about her hair, blush getting darker and her nervous trembling picking up again. She had done it again. She hadn't meant to insult Satori or anything, "Y-your hair i-is p-pretty n-now. I-I just....I d-din't m-mean a-anything....I.....y-you are r-really p-pretty now..."

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 04:42:16 pm »
Satori looked up quickly when Lamb start sounding nervous again and stuttering and calling her pretty. She put her hands up showing the palms like she was saying she meant no harm.

"Oh hon, I didn't take it as an insult." She gave a laugh and her expression said 'it's silly if you think I did'. "Don't worry." She grinned and started putting her books back in her bag. She should really go pick up on reading more of these books. She didn't want to leave she wanted to sit with Lamb. She started packing her books anyway, they were all over the table. She did it very slowly though.

"I should probably get back to studying," she looked at the other candidate reluctantly. "Though I don't really want to." She pouted. "Maybe we can do a study date sometime?" She grinned at Lamb, happy to finally make friends with someone that could maybe eventually be a real friend, not just one that was there because they were desperate.

"Maybe later this week? We can do a bag switch and see if we have to read any book that are the same. Maybe we'll have a class together?" Satori smiled and nodded at Lamb.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 10:51:22 am »
Lamb nodded awkwardly, face still flaming. She really didn't want to mess things up and she kept feeling like she was going to put her foot in her mouth. The sight of Satori packing up saddened the girl a little. She had been enjoying their time together, but a glance down at the clock on her phone told her lunch would be over soon.

"Y-yeah. I-I have a c-class after lunch." Lamb fidgeted with her own tray, collecting the leftovers to the middle, making it easier to carry. And it let her linger longer with Satori.

The blond girls mention of a study date had Lamb beaming at her, face lighting up in obvious pleasure, "Oh! Yes! T-that would be n-nice! I-I hate studying a-alone. M-maybe after c-class sometime. J-just t-tell me w-when your f-free."

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 01:09:37 pm »
Satori couldn't help but smile at Lamb. That girl's smile was so contagious! She was once again surprised that the girl didn't have many friends. It almost didn't make sense to Satori. Of course Lamb sort of hid herself so maybe that was why. Satori wasn't sure but she was glad to change that for the girl.

"I will call or text you as soon as I know." She picked up her bag and started to head out. She wanted to go by the food line first to pick up something portable to drink and eat. A little snack! She grabbed herself a couple pieces of fruit and a chocolate bar from the vending machine. Then a very caffeinated soda. She was on Marshal study time now. Something that required a lot of caffeine.

After a couple days of way too much studying on books no one else was assigned Satori got tired of being in her room by herself again. Plus she was missing her new friend. Quite a bit actually. She picked up her phone that was in a black and yellow case and started to text Lamb.

What r u up to? Study date tonight?

She set the phone back down half watching it while she waited. She sort of felt like she was texting a boy about a date or something. It was an odd feeling. A very odd feeling. She shook it off though and went back to reading while she waited glancing at the phone every so often.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 08:34:58 pm »
Lamb was at her desk, working on a project. At times like this, she could almost forget where she was, it was just like school. Lots of homework and Lamb liked to do as much extra credit as she could. It helped give her some edge to avoid being TRIMed and it helped her avoid the other candidates.

She was rather afraid of most of them. So many of them seemed unhinged and a few down right terrified her. She had seen them do some awful things to other candidates and been picked on more then enough by them. So Lamb tended to hide. Besides, she liked small, dark places.

When her phone gave a small beep and vibrated loudly, Lamb made a frightened squeaking sound, startling. Blushing, she was glad her room mate wasn't here to have seen that. Grabbing her phone, she read the message, smiling happily.

Lamb
5:03pm
Text: nothin. where u want to meet?

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 09:54:05 am »
Texting was quick and easy. A Very convenient way of communicating. It lacked so much for Satori though. It was hard to sound too excited without completely raping the common language, hard to express emotions and tone. Of course she could always type out 'Yay I am so excited' but in her head she tended to read things like that in monotone because it was a text message, and then it just sounded...rude, sarcastic, or sometimes amusing.

She picked her phone up quickly when it vibrated, excited to see the quick response. She grinned. Yes! She could see her new friend again. This night was going to be much better than just sitting doing homework by herself. Satori started to type her room when the door slid open and her roommate walked in looking in a foul mood as usual. His eyes were narrow as he looked at her, well she had to deal with it he was all out glaring. He had this whole I'm a human and hardly anyone else is complex. It was really annoying.

She rolled her eyes at him as he dropped his books on the bed and walked to the bathroom. So damn rude. Ugh. The attitude of some candidates.

Your room maybe? or Library?

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 06:57:38 pm »
Lamb was already packing her stuff up, ready to go meet Satori somewhere when her phone beeped again. Ready for it this time, she didn't squeal, though it still made her heart pound. Flipping open her phone, she read the text and chewed her lip lightly.

Lamb
5:07
Text: either. u want meet my place?

She added her room number and hit send. Then gasped, dropping the phone to her desk and started to frantically clean her room up. It was normally very neat and organized, but Lamb desperately wanted to impress her new friend.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 04:21:04 pm »
Satori smiled at the phone when the message came back. Oh thank the dragons, they could meet in her room. That would work out so much better. The last thing Lamb needed was this idiot mean mugging at her too. Satori started dumping her different books into the pink bag. Oh that's right, today she may be rid of it's horribleness! That made everything even more awesome than before.

Satori
5:09 p.m
Sure! I'll be over shortly.

She finished packing her bag and left with the middle finger behind her back to her roommate as he mumbled something mean under his breath. She knew she should probably be a model scorpion tailed being ad meet his judgement with love and understanding. Satori couldn't quite process this though. She'd have to do that later on when he learned a little bit himself.

She headed down the hall checking her phone every little while or so to see if she was remembering the number correctly. Probably a little more than was really required. She was getting silly and starting to check every time she passed a door. She smiled when she finally got to the one that was right. After triple checking her phone and the time she nodded to herself. It had been about fifteen minutes sine the last text message. Hopefully Lamb would be ready.

Satori stepped forward and knocked on the door.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:34 pm »
The knocking startled Lamb as she finished straightening the last of the mess. That would be Satori! A quick survey of her room had Lamb starting to panic that now it looked sterile and unlived in. But there was no time for that.

Rushing to the door, Lamb pressed the button to let her new friend in, blushing slightly as she smiled at the other girl, "H-hi. C-come on i-in." Stepping out of the way, Lamb, fidgeted with the bottom of her uniform shirt, unsure what to do now.

"Uh...what s-subjects did you want to w-work on f-first?" Lamb's cheeks flushed darker as she spoke. She sounded like an idiot. She should say something cool, but her mind was totally drawing a blank.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 06:15:43 pm »
"Hey there." Satori lifted a hand giving a small wave as she looked over Lamb's shoulder into her room. Her eyes widened. It was so...clean. Her eyes turned back to Lamb seeing how nervous she was. Satori wandered in trying to appear as small as she could without seeming like she was.

"You're so organized." Satori said with something like awe. "Marshal would be so happy if I actually kept my side of the room like this." She shook her head is disbelief, "I can never make myself clean on top of studying." She smiled looking around the room. She started to think about what subject after Lamb had asked her. She thought tapping her chin as she looked around. She kept looking for something out of place, but there wasn't much.

"Hmm, any ideas? I know we both have that one history class." She pointed out as she slung her bag off of her shoulder slowly. The thing was damn heavy.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 02:54:15 pm »
"I-I find that an o-organized r-room helps me f-focus." Her stammer was more pronounced, highly nervous with Satori over. She wished she had cool posters or something put up. Mention of Marshal made Lamb glance about nervously. The way Satori talked about him made him seem frightening. He was always pushing her. Lamb didn't know how Satori didn't break under all that work. None of the other candidates that that shoved on them.

"H-history is fine." Lamb gave her friend a small smile, flushing slightly, "Um, d-do you want the bed or the c-chair?" She motioned to her pile of books stacked on the desk, "M-my notes and books a-are over there."

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 03:39:31 pm »
She weighed the advantages of the chair versus the bed. The bed, while comfortable would make it harder to focus. The chair however would be...irritating to sit in, with the tail and all. She also had to make sure she didn't puncture the damn bed, looking back and forth once more she pointed at the bed.

"I think the bed will work better for me." She dropped her book pack on the bed with a soft thud. She put her hand out to feel the bed first, not sure why she expected it to feel differently than hers. Lowering herself on the bed she carefully made sure her tail was in the safety zone and started to unpack the bag.

"That lady, the one who teaches this class." Satori adjusted her posture straight and raised her voice slightly and gave a slight accent. "She is quite stiff, uses quite a variety of large words." Satori crumpled and started laughing at herself. She grabbed a pen and her notebook, sliding the text along with it.

"And she just had to assign more of this text." Satori stuck her tongue out in disgust.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 12:49:59 pm »
Lamb watched Satori sit, fascinated. Her own tail was quite small and didn't really ever get in the way. Other then having to get her pants custom tailored. She took a seat in the chair, still watching the other girl. Satori really was so amazing. Pretty, smart, confident.

The impression had Lamb giggling, "You s-sound just like h-her! She always walks like she h-has a rod strap-pped to be back too!"

Pulling her own notes over, which were all efficiently organized by class and subject, "I l-like the b-book actually. I-It's dry, b-but it's r-really interesting." She flushed a little, ducking her head.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal