Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Newbie Alert!  (Read 669 times)

Anonymous

Newbie Alert!
« on: March 18, 2009, 03:23:31 pm »
Hi thar!

Came over from RPG-d, and I was pretty much drawn to your board since the start :P I just wanted to get a question out of the way first before I started plotting out my character!

And here it is XD - Would I be able to make a character based around the idea of a motorcycle punk? I was thinking along the lines of a lone guy, the rest of his gang gone for whatever reason, and making his money from petty crime and scavenging et cetera. Would there be a place for him on the site? Or shall I go back to the drawing board here?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Newbie Alert!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:34:10 pm »
Holy crap, he sounds perfect for Teinar! xD

A bunch of players have actually set up motorcycle racing there, called Motorail. ^_^ He could be a lone wolf, of course, but hey, if he's interested in illegal motorcycle races, there's that! Teinar is largely a refugee city, but a lot of their activities are illegal, and there are a lot of scavengers there.

Aedolis would also have him. :3 Sounds like he'd fit right into the lower to middle level of the city.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:41:25 pm »
Quote from: "Rhi-Rhi"
Holy crap, he sounds perfect for Teinar! xD

A bunch of players have actually set up motorcycle racing there, called Motorail. ^_^ He could be a lone wolf, of course, but hey, if he's interested in illegal motorcycle races, there's that! Teinar is largely a refugee city, but a lot of their activities are illegal, and there are a lot of scavengers there.

If you mean city-racing and racing in the mutant outback, then you've scored an instant point of kewl in my book! Btw, do they still use petrol/fossil-fuel powered vehicles, or do they use something new altogether now for bikes and such? I read the technologies thread, but everything seemed to be about spacecraft...

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 03:47:06 pm »
That's what I mean! x3 So far it's been city racing, but hey, if they donned some masks and breathing apparatus, they could race outside, too! xD

And hmm...that's...actually a really good question. '_' And I'm actually not sure at all what kind of fuel they use!

We've pretty much just hand-waved that detail so far. xD
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
XD Alright!

Well I guess is this up for discussion or would we just invent something and go with it? Because I'm always tempted with the idea of a rugged, simplistic, gas-guzzling bike that kicks out one hell of a lot of smoke :P Or should I go with something a little more modernistic?

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 04:48:00 pm »
Hewo! Motorail is sort of my baby in a way.
As far as I know it's a sort of gas guzzling thing still. We haven't added any crazy futuristic fueling, besides maybe Gear but he's special. The thread's not moving super fast at the moment because someone named Rhi...needs to post it, but I've been trying to encourage people to start smaller threads. I have my Makani and Ike who are in the bidness!
So check it out!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 04:54:31 pm »
Hey, there!  Welcome to RotE.  I knew you'd like it.  (It's SmathNa from RPGD, by the way).  You should have lots of fun in Motorail.  I'd love to read more there, it seems pretty badass.

Damn... maybe I'll make a biker over Spring Break.  

I only have characters in Edanith and Aedolis at the moment, but feel free to hit me up to chat anytime.  I'm way, way too dedicated to this site right now, but that's because it's awesome.

So--welcome. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 05:00:13 pm »
OMG Sam do it.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 03:50:38 am »
Well, I think that answers pretty much all of my questions! I'll start writing my character tonight (It's going to be a weird day today, I've taken the day off college for my driving test (Full thing, nervous as hell) but I'm sure I'll have some time left tonight and over the weekend!)

On another note, thanks for being so friendly, this has got to be the first board in a while that hasn't just pointed me to the bible-sized rules thread when I've asked a question, or completely denied me something because it didn't 'fit in' (despite it being very minor, and other characters being complete sues, but of course they belonged to the mods) thanks for making me feel so welcome! :D

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 01:12:49 pm »
=3 We don't have bible size rules nah!
We are very free mostly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal