Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Quick Calico jumped over the Foxy Crevan. (Mdu)  (Read 367 times)

Anonymous

The Quick Calico jumped over the Foxy Crevan. (Mdu)
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:01:12 pm »
The Kitsune was sitting at his far smaller desk than he was use to writing his sister a letter. He had been so out of the loop here in the ATC. The only thing that cheered him up most of the time now was writing her letters, and his mother and father.  Though he could complain a lot more in the letters to his sister and that's what he needed right now.They had finally gotten him moved along in the system. He wasn't sure why it had taken so long but he planned to ask this...Pilot Blake about it.

He had finally been give a mentor. Though he had yet to meet her except for one letter she had sent him. To him that didn't really count as a meeting. Then about a week later they had asked him to move to a double room. He had been excited about it at first. Thinking there would be someone there that he could talk to finally. Real...human...if they were human that is, interaction! Then he had arrived to find the room empty, and giving him less room.

He had gathered as much rumor as he could from a few candidates considering his new mentor. He had tried to gather information on candidates that were new, except it seemed new ones came in constantly. A never ending stream of them. How many psychics were there after all?  The only thing he had found out about Pilot Blake was that this...he/she was a noble and not quite human, or not at all. There were theories about it.

His things in the room were still in the boxes he had moved them in. He had this tendency to simply leave things if he couldn't do it exactly as he liked it. He wanted to put up some sort of shelf above his bed. He didn't know whether that was allowed or he could find the things to do it, so his boxes remained under his bed and beside it. He had eventually put his bedspread and blankets on the bed. His comforter from his spaceship was far too big. He was very surprised that his spaceship room actually had more space than any on the candidate room.

You would think that the government would give its trainees more space...if it even liked them of course.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: The Quick Calico jumped over the Foxy Crevan. (Mdu)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »
It would be different entering her room this time. Calico had no idea why but it would be. Perhaps she would have a note from her mentor, but Pilot Eisurin already knew she couldn't read. Maybe her stuff had finally made it there. The candidate uniforms were a step up from what she normally wore but it would be great to get into something more colourful, more normal, then let her hair down and listen to her second hand yPlaya.

No wait, maybe he'd be there. She wasn't looking forward to it. He was a psychic and that meant that he'd be a Pilot one day... perhaps. The other thing that could happen was just as scary so she'd been avoiding thinking about it.

Calico hadn't met her new roommate yet and wasn't even sure if they had moved in yet. She'd heard that he was of some ancient race and was older than many of the dragons. She had been picturing some old elf with ears that drooped to his shoulders but that seemed silly. It was more likely that he... for she had guessed that it was male, was someone who showed their age differently.

As Calico got to the door she pulled off her hat and let her long, multi-colour hair cover her ears. I might as well go in, whatever's in there won't go away, she thought. She held her breath as she knocked on the door, something she did mainly out of habit, then went in.

Two-toned eyes roved around the room, taking in the mass of boxes. There was no way they could all be hers, unless her parents had pooled together to get her something to help her during her candidacy. She let out a happy squee as she went to the first box and opened it. It had books in it, there was no way they could be hers.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:28:19 am »
Crevan sighed as he stared at the computer screen and just shook his head. Boring. So very boring. He should be studying he supposed. Though the truth of that was he felt like he had done enough of that. With his severe anti-social routine he had been pulling he had plenty of time. He had read through two of the books assigned to him already. Completely through, and then was halfway through another one.

The click of the mouse sounded in the empty room as he clicked through his letter. His letters to his sister kept getting longer and longer. Another product of severe boredom. He was sure she received them and rolled her eyes at her brother. Knowing that we was certainly lonely. He sighed knowing he was most likely the weaker of the two of them. He also was sure she was already forming plans to have to break him out of TRIM. She didn't expect much from him most likely.

He was still sitting there staring at the screen when the person knocked then just busted into the room. He was halfway out of his chair when the person ran past him and grabbed one of his boxes looking through it. He looked back at the door then the person again. The first thing he noticed was the hair. Then that it was a girl. He looked her over again, very surprised.

Was this his roommate? They had roomed him with a girl? He looked her over. How interesting. He had heard that there were a couple opposite sex candidates sharing rooms. He just assumed it wouldn't happen to him. He wasn't sure why but he didn't expect it. Maybe it was just the way he had always viewed schools from the outside. He was actually happy to have a girl roommate. He assumed it would be way more interesting than a male.

He watched her looking in the box. He took a step around so he could see her face. She looked disappointed and sort of confused. He leaned against the wall looking very smooth. He had a tendency to move very gracefully without even thinking about it. He normally pulled people in easily when he talked to them. He was more friendly than Inali, she often used this gift to pull people in for other reasons. She was very dangerous. He might have to take some tips from her for this whole Pilot deal though.

"Hello, I assume you would be my new roommate? Or do you just run into rooms looking for boxes?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:48:25 am »
Calico jumped to her feet so fast that her face flushed. Rummaging through someone's things wasn't the best first impression she'd given. It was embarrassing! This was still better than hitting him with a mop. It took her a few moments before she was even brave enough to talk to the fox-eared guy standing in front of her.

'... Yea, I am. I mean I'm your roomy, not a rummager. Sorry, I shoulda waited at the door. I er, you have a shitload of books.'

Impressive introduction, now he'll think I'm defective... and rude, she thought to herself. Of course the boxes couldn't be hers, there were far too many and she'd known entering her room would be different this time. They weren't even next to her bed!

She took a breath and tried again. She'd only talked to two psychics in her life so far, both of them Pilots, and they both seemed very nice. It wasn't like he was going to get angry at her. If he was then he would have yelled or  something by now. Yes, that seemed more comfortable so that's what she'd think for now.

Finally, with half-smile (she was too uncomfortable about psychics to offer her hand to one) she focussed on softening her lower-level accent and said, 'hey, I'm Calico. Sorry for opening your boxes; I thought my oldies might have sent my stuff by now.'

Double ringed eyes peeped out from a nervous face, looking up at eyes that also had two colours. His hair colours strange like hers too, the same colours as his ears. She didn't really know much about different species but she'd heard legends about fox-tailed demons. He looked rough enough to be a demon but "demon" still didn't seem to fit him.

He looked tough and cool with all the tats and dark clothes but she guessed that it might be a mask. Despite his rugged look he seemed kinda nice... maybe, hopefully? She contained a smirk as she thought of him cradling a lost puppy. It was a strange thing to think. If someone came near he'd probably hide the pup and try to deny it.

Wait, if she was studying him that meant that he was probably studying her, right? He was ahead of her so he'd know how to use his abilities to find out about her. The thought made her face flush again. Of course he wasn't doing it yet, she'd feel like a worm was moving around her head.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal