Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Left behind? (Lachfalke!)  (Read 464 times)

Anonymous

Left behind? (Lachfalke!)
« on: January 22, 2009, 06:38:45 pm »
Her day started normally enough.  Waking up in her temporary quarters on the station, and irritably slapping at the buzzing alarm clock until it finally shut off so she could catch a few more minutes of sleep, all routine.  The girl woke up several hours later, and realizing how late it was, rushed around her room getting dressed and ready, and a mere six minutes later, was out the door and rushing to the docking port where her ship waited.

Only, when she got there, things stopped being normal.  Stella didn't recognize the crew slowly working on unloading the ship, not one of them.  Hoping that perhaps they'd just picked up a bunch of new crew members, she headed for the port, and was stopped by an older gentleman.  "Whoa there missy.  Crew only onboard."

"But...isn't this the Stellar Fish?  This should be, it's my ship, I'm part of the crew, it should be here..."

He held up a hand, halting the girl's chatter, and shook his head.  "I'm afraid this isn't your ship."  He walked over to the wall terminal, Stella trailing behind him, and pulled up the records.  "According to this, your ship left the station three hours ago.  I'm sorry."  He headed back to the ship, leaving Stella standing by the terminal, utterly shell-shocked.

A few moments passed, then the girl slowly leaned back against the wall and whimpered.  Why had they left her behind?  Had the captain really been that pissed off at her last night for snubbing him yet again?  She sank to a sitting position, and covered her face with her hands, feeling completely lost.  That ship, as unusual as the crew had been, had been her home.  What was she supposed to do now?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Left behind? (Lachfalke!)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 09:34:25 pm »
She had piloted the thing in on half impulse, done a clean job of it...which wasn't extremely difficult once the helm's computer began flying communications with whatever sort of AI the Cancer had installed for incoming vessels. Bat was more than happy to hand over the controls after having wrestled with that stinking masticated hulk for three standard stellar cycles...

Their bodies were bobbing weightless in space right this moment, pushed out the airlock when they got a little mushy (hey, the freezer only had room for the food...), so there was no need for any other arrangement after she registered the craft in the visitor logs and paid for a two night's stay, at least. The last of the credits were for repairs, but it remained doubtful that she'd have enough for all that was necessary to get the old girl seaworthy.

And she had hoped never to see this place again.

The glistening Naga wound slowly down the walkway, scales rustling dryly against the grill; blissfully ignorant of the wide berths she was given by passersby. It was not often she left Rosemary's quaint confines, but her muscles needed a severe stretch. Nothing a couple laps around the port wouldn't cure. With a sigh, the serpent clasped her hands behind her slender back.  Space Station Cancer lost it's appeal long ago.

When she came across the gray-skinned human woman in such obvious distress, however, she paused in her redundant wandering. "Are you quite alright?" she asked resignedly, lowering herself and staring at the being through her emotionless mechanical eyepieces, which nonetheless managed to look quizzical.

Anonymous

Re: Left behind? (Lachfalke!)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:06 pm »
She glanced up, her attention pulled away from her troubles by a quiet concerned voice.  The person attached to the voice was rather unusual, but this was the first somewhat friendly person she'd seen today.  "My ship left without me.  I have...I have nowhere to go."  Stella knew perfectly well how hopelessly stupid she sounded, but really.  She was totally lost now.

((OOC:  I am so sorry for the delay and the short post.  Real life has been really nuts lately.))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal