Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Got Sunshine  (Read 378 times)

Anonymous

I Got Sunshine
« on: November 14, 2008, 07:01:53 pm »
Great, just great. Look what you did!

The voice rang quite clear in the brunette head. Blue eyes shot to the side, as if annoyed with someone that they were talking to. No use. There was nobody there. It was merely a force of habit that had been acquired with the line of work affiliated with the being. So what if there were voices in his pretty little head. He wouldn't turn gray over the matter. He was used to it.

Will you just shut up? His voice was kept low and to a murmur. There was no reason to let any creature that they happened to have in earshot think he was crazy, was there? For now, he would try to go on with his day with the constant nagging that he was receiving from his inner self.

If you would have just let me handle with it... You wouldn't have walked away as such a loser. The tone that was buzzing in his head was that of pure 'I-told-you-so'. The boy only rolled his eyes in response. It wasn't even worth fighting about. So what? He had lost a small portion of what he-- er, they, had made and lost in in a simple little gamble. It was worth it.

Now, though, he was focused on something else. There had to be somewhere to get room and board for the night, if not a few. After a rest, it would be time to see if there were any bounties offered in the area. Perhaps, he would be able to show his permanent partner that he had done something right after all, even if it had started out poorly.

He leaned on the wall of one of the buildings. It looked as if he was just stopping, taking a quick breather, or so he hoped. Maybe, he was just taking the time to view what he could see, although it was not the most spectacular thing in the universe. Whatever it seemed to the people, there he stood, watching the people around him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: I Got Sunshine
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »
The world was different through every individual's eyes... Through this lad's, it was very different. The people around him seemed to not exist, at least not while he was in his dreamy state of mind. See, he'd start up a little story in his head and blow it so out of proportion that his very eyes would lie about reality to him. Today's little fantasy was, of course about him.

Today, he was the greatest and fastest runner in all of the world. He darted through the streets, the wind rushing through his hair. His muscles flexed and sent him flying at indescribable speeds. Not a single drop of sweat would exude from his pores until a much more intense workout... Every face he passed smiled and seemed to say, "You're wonderful! My hero! Brilliant athlete!" Ahh yes, and he was brilliant.

Or so he imagined. In reality, he was nothing out of the ordinary in speed physically. He started to sweat and pant after a mere half mile of sprinting. He often jutted out his hips when standing, and tilted his neck so that his chin would point to the floor causing him to look up at everyone under the great weight of his horns. As for muscles... Well, they were there and got the job done, but they weren't much to look at. He was, as they say, scrawny.

Well, still in his little fantasy world...
The end of the mighty and admired runner's race was coming to an end. His legs stretched further than they ever had before. He was so close to winning! People that weren't in on what he was thinking must have thought he was just mugged in a back alley and running for his life... Everyone was cheering! Everyone was happy! They wanted him to win...! Everyone wanted him to win. The end was in sight... With a few final exerts of raw power, he launched himself with full speed over the finish line. He did it! Yes! He started to cheer and bounded in a small circle. Grin from ear to ear, he began to gloat to his imaginary supporters. 'Did you see that? Yes, yes I kno--'

And suddenly a murmur was picked up by his sensitive fuzz covered ears. 'Just shut up already...' Who...? Him? But he had just won the- oh... right. Suddenly he snapped back into reality. He wiped a hand across his forehead. He was sweating, and his lungs were working overtime. He allowed them a soft sigh. Now... Who was so rude as to shatter his moment of peace?

There was a suspicious looking person, parked and leaned up against a wall. One he thought he had caught a glimpse of speaking, but he could have imagined it too. Yet again, his imagination went and personalized everything... 'Who would just stop there to look out and tell anyone who was having a bit of fun to shut up!? Some people!' He stopped, right in front of a passerby in motion, completely ignoring her grunt of annoyance when she nearly bumped into him. He crossed his arms, and looked up from under a furrowed brow. A soft snort was directed at the resting citizen. The way he stood, hips jutted and chin down, he really didn't look like much of a threat. His lower lip was slightly puffed out, because pouts were threatening, right?

His stance and expression much resembled the defense mechanism of a five year old who didn't get exactly what they wanted. See, he wasn't one to get angry... And he wasn't actually angry, more disappointed that someone would be as rude as to tell someone they never met in their entire life to 'shut up.' However, this little satyr jumped to conclusions and rarely knew exactly what he was getting into...

Anonymous

Re: I Got Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:24 pm »
You really are annoying, you know that? Just find a room somewhere. You're going to wear us out like this.

There she went again, nagging. Why did he, of all people, need to be cursed with having to have such a loudmouth as Rhaquel to share a body with? It seemed like it was totally and horrifically unfair. As soon as he had started to have fun, she started jabbering her voice off in their head, making it nearly impossible for him to think for himself.

Listen, I'll do that as soon as I can, but for now, just let me have a break. His words were hushed as soon as he realized that he may have found himself an audience. An eyebrow raised as he tilted his head slightly. A rather unimpressed, and unamused it seemed, fellow was standing there.

Now, Addisen would have to play it off. Maybe it was the fact that he had just been there, and perhaps, he was leaning in this kid's leaning spot. On the other hand, maybe his unpleasant grumbles ad not only made it to the other portion of his mind.

Uhm, did you need something? It was the nicest way that he knew how to ask why exactly the kid was staring at him. The fact that he stood below eye level did not discourage him from greeting the boy any differently than he had. He would be able to handle himself in a predicament.

You didn't attract attention, did you? There it went again. Maybe Addy would just have to find something else to listen to. Perhaps, if this little - or not so little - satyr was a talker, he could keep him along for a t least a little while to drown out the constant banter that rang crisp and clear inside his cranium.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal