Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Captain, status report.  (Read 462 times)

Anonymous

Captain, status report.
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:32:46 am »
I decided to have two of my soon to be be characters (Seriously...I'll write them soon...honest...) send a hologram to Lades. Poor fellow.

Veisma Holographic Messaging System
Now loading...289344YB of 398221YB
Version 2.24

[::Please update to our newest version today! For the small pric-

"Skip it." Lades mashed the buttons on his com, and the hologram of his shipmate Zeph appeared. A faint grin on Lades' face, the word "Play" hovered in front of the image for only the briefest second before Lades activated it.

Message Beginning.

Xeph looked at what appeared to Lades, mumbling to himself. "Is thinggg even working? Ah, there's the light. Hello Captainnn. When are you going to update our messengerrrs? Version 6.02 has been out for monthsss." Xeph gave what Lades thought was a look of exasperation, but on a guy with a face like a bug, it was hard to be sure. "In any caseee, I'm checking to see if you have any work for us yet. Ship fees are terrible. I'm suuure someone like you has lifted a weeks worth of docking by now in any cassse." Lades twitched his eyebrow slightly. He was a little irritated by the assumption he did nothing but steal, and insulted that Xeph thought so little of his abilities. He'd gotten about two week's worth just a day earlier. "But please Lades, hurry it up. Alicia is going to drive me crazzzy on this ship. All she doesss is train in the cargo bay, that new  beam scythe of hers and those pistols emitting racket all the time." Lades chuckled, knowing the handful his crew could be.

"Oi! Xeph? What are doing up here?

A new voice rang out of the emitter, a violet haired young woman hazily appearing on the monitor. She wore a towel around her body, and a large weapon on her back. Lades sighed. Alicia's body was so tempting...

"I'm sending a holo' to the cap-" Xeph's frail figure suddenly disappeared, and Alicia glared through the image.

"LAAAAAAAAAADES! You better find us a damned job soon! I know you're slacking off, you never come to Cancer to find work! If you don't get back to the ship with cash or cargo, I'm gonna..." Lades muted the hologram, sighing. She flickered in and out, her face plainly griping and complaining. Lades unmuted the volume.

"-right up your idiotic ass! Got that! And I know you muted that damn thing or turned me off! Argh!" Alicia's figure stopped momentarily, and she looked at the screen with a smile. "But seriously, hurry it up. I'm gonna get rusty fighting only practice 'grams in the cargo hold." With that, Alicia's figure disappeared, and Lades only saw his ship's kitchen for about ninety seconds. Xeph wandered back into the camera's view, a bowl of noodles in two of his hands, chopsticks in the other two.

"Yep. Still unpredictable, makes me wonder if she's on that 'time' you always talk about. She gets mad when you mention it, one day I'll have to figure out what that is. Every 28 earthdays, you disappear." Xeph shrugged, and he slurped his noodles. " Well, there you have it. Find us some work boss, or you'll probably end up dead. You know, those holo's she's fighting? They're of you." Xeph's eyes lit up in an amused manner, and he let out a cheerful chirp before closing the comm, leaving Lades with a feeling of dread. Maybe he'd try to hold off a little longer on returning to the ship...

He closed the comm with a smile though.
Message Terminated
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal